It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Womans body found in sea may be Fiona Lord

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I looked at that site but I couldn't find him, there is such a huge amount of information there.
Did you notice when he posted his comments there, was it in the last week or before Fiona went missing?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Just this update from the States of Jersey Police, but it only says what the other article and the Facebook posting said. I haven't seen any new information.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

The posts are over a relatively large period of time it's easier to find the posts using google with the search string "Dr. Treg Left brain Right Brain UK" plenty will come up. The challenge tends to be finding him/her in the discussions in the comments. Might be something indicating identity. Only lead I've got.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There are some links to the ones I found in this reply in the original "missing partner" thread. The first of those two links was the most prolific - click the link, then scroll down below the blog entry and and look at the comments.

I had thought the interest in that blog might indicate Fiona was autistic, which would explain the references to her mental issues and need for a carer.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Did you notice when he posted his comments there, was it in the last week or before Fiona went missing?

The ones I found were from a few years ago. No smoking gun there.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
CCTV image released of missing woman

Tuesday 4th December 2012, 2:31PM GMT.

maybe there is really nothing more to report and its considered "case closed?"

just hope she has moved on

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thanks for all the information everyone, I have a feeling this is our Dr treg posting about autism. If it is him he seems to have a lot of knowledge on that subject.Not at all like the way he posted on his thread about Fiona. Nothing new in the news yet, I would expect at least a confirmation that it was her, maybe I expect too much.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is a really heartbreaking story that I've watched unfold since Dr. Treg started the thread on the Paranormal Studies forum. My best guess is that Dr. Treg and Fiona are/were one and the same. I could very well be wrong, that is just my best guess.

I was looking at that the autism lead with some skepticism, but it might be the same Dr. Treg as the one here. I didn't really think so until I saw him/her using language regarding "ignorance" that we often find here on ATS.

Here is a post I found from Dr. T dated February 23, 2012. I copied it below in case it rings any bells for anyone in terms of identifying a connection between the Dr. Treg at the Autism site and the Fiona Lords case. There are many replies from him/her in this particular post -- this is just one of them:

source: leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk...

dr treg February 24, 2012 at 05:51 #

It is now recognised that all psychiatric diseases are characterised by immune dysfunction.

On that matter all physical diseases are also characterised by immune dysfunction.

One of my colleagues remarked that “all diseases are allergic”. Let us not make autism unique.

At present research is heading towards

immune dysfunction
genetic abnormalities
structural abnormalities

in autism

I find it interesting that autism is associated with increased numbers of dendritic spines of neurons (or leaves as I call them) and reduced pruning of these spines compared to normal children.

95% of the volume of a neuron is dendritic arbor (tree).

Perhaps this is why there is an association with large head circumference in children with autism.

To deny that there is no immune dysfunction in autism because of lack of evidence is argument from ignorance or argumentum ad ignorantiam or “appeal to ignorance” (where “ignorance” stands for: “lack of evidence to the contrary”), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is “generally accepted” (or vice versa).

The fact is that immune dysfunction is being decribed in autism.

On another point it has been discovered that a non-direct brain insult (LPS) can cause abnormalities in the immune system in the brain.

I find the research fascinating and realise that these are very early days.

Perhaps autism will turn out to be many diseases rather like rheumatism in the 1800s turned out to be a whole number of joint diseases.

My heartfelt sympathy to all that knew Fiona. At this point, I hope they can get some answers that bring them some degree of peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
At this point, I no longer lean towards the theory that dr treg is Fiona. I wish he would come back and at least let us know he is ok, then we would be able to resolve that question, at least.

I do think he may very well be the dr treg posting on the LeftBrainRightBrain blog, and possibly the author or a fan of the Little Book of Rehab Quotes by a Dr Michael Treg. You guys got me wondering if he had posted any threads on either autism or rehab, and lo and behold, I found some!

Thread on AA/NA allergy theory
Thread on alcoholics with childhood trauma
Thread on FDA trial of stem cells for autistic disorder

...and THEN I found this BONANZA of threads on Yahoo, by a "doctor treg" that all appear to be on the topics of rehab and autism! This really makes me lean towards our dr treg being very interested in those two subjects.

I think Fiona may have been either autistic or an addict, which would explain her mental instability and need for a carer. Whether or not her carer's relationship was also that of her partner, as described, is unknown.

I still want to know about the writing on the picture, and I wish we knew how she wound up in the sea.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok, now I'm positive that our dr treg is at least the same as the Yahoo doctor treg. LOOK!!

ATS thread "Inside the mind of Dr Harold Shipman"
Yahoo thread "Inside the Mind of Dr Harold Shipman"

On ATS, that was his very first thread. Both threads appear to be identical and posted on the same date.

And, that is the same thread where guohua picked up on the reference to Jekyll and Hyde and tried to get more information.

Everybody should carefully read the thread, if you don't know who Dr Harold Shipman was, it is very interesting, especially the timeline at the end.
edit on 12-12201212-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wow! Great work, G!! (Although the last link that was supposed to go to Yahoo linked to ATS...)

I looked at your "bonanza" link of Yahoo posts from Dr. Treg. Interestingly, I found this article:

voices.yahoo.com...

The Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde concept was something Dr Treg talked about in his original "Missing Partner" Post.

Here is that article... very interesting in light of events... the final two paragraphs are especially chilling.

About 1 in 20 people suffer from chronic dependency making it one of the most prevalent diseases. However, this prevalence is often under-estimated by health professionals. Chronic dependency often exists with other psychiatric diagnosis e.g. depression, bipolar disease - the so-called "dual diagnosis". This makes diagnosis difficult especially as chronic dependency results in denial and dishonesty.

People who suffer from chronic dependency tend to have "Jekyll and Hyde" characters depending whereabouts they are in their disease progression and environmental influences from the past, present and future.

The novel Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson has been analysed and it was found that Dr Jekyll had many characteristics of chronic dependency. The novel has benn recommended for those who wish to learn about dependency. Indeed Stevenson may well have been coc aine-dependent and the novel may have been autobiographical.

Dependency is characterised by hypersensitivity to extreme ideas, thinking and feeling. These characteristics can be related to knightly virtues and sins and the seven deadly sins and heavenly virtues.

As seen in the list of the ranges of the characteristics of a "knight in shining armor" or "damsel in distress" below, on the one hand people with chronic dependency can have knightly virtues (on the left) but can have knightly sins (on the right) - even at the same time!
Courage - weakness
Justice - injustice
Mercy - cruelty
Generosity - frivolousness
Faith - selfishness
Nobility - vulgarity
Hope - hate
When the dependency reaches the final stages the deadly sins become more prominent. These are:
Pride
Envy
Gluttony
Lust
Anger
Greed
Sloth
It is said that lust and sloth often lead onto the other deadly sins.
In summary early dependency can be associated with virtuous behavior i.e. the seven heavenly virtues of faith, hope, charity, fortitude, justice, temperance and prudence, but as the disease progresses the knightly or heavenly sins take a hold.

From Wikipedia`s entry on Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
"His ability to change back from Hyde into Jekyll slowly vanished. Jekyll writes that even as he composes his letter he knows that he will soon become Hyde permanently, and he wonders if Hyde will face execution for his crimes or choose to kill himself. Jekyll notes that, in either case, the end of his letter marks the end of the life of Dr Jekyll. With these words, both the document and the novel come to a close."

In late severe dependency there is no longer choice and suicide or death are common.

For more information as to why this may be the case read
www.associatedcontent.com...

edit on 12-12-2012 by VegHead because: added a sentence to clarify

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Oops, I have fixed the Yahoo link now.

Look, here is another Jekyll and Hyde thread from the Yahoo doctor treg!

Darn, I'm so excited and I have too many windows open. I just fixed this link, too.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
OK... maybe this is a reach... but also interesting is that the only "favorite" listed by yahoo's Dr. Treg is someone with the tagname Feminist Revenge. Check out the articles he/she wrote:

contributor.yahoo.com...

One of the articles is called Corruption in Jersey Channel Islands...
voices.yahoo.com...

Could this be Fiona's account? Or other persona Dr. Treg takes on? Or just someone else from Jersey who happens to write for yahoo?

For reasons I can't explain, I just can't get this case out of my mind...

Also, Treg could be a pen name related to TREGS:
voices.yahoo.com...
(article from Dr. Treg Yahoo)

The book could very well be written by the same Dr. Treg - using that pen name. It is a self-published eBook from what I can tell.
edit on 12-12-2012 by VegHead because: Possible Treg Pen Name Origin

edit on 12-12-2012 by VegHead because: correction

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

From that article,

"People who suffer from chronic dependency tend to have "Jekyll and Hyde" characters depending whereabouts they are in their disease progression and environmental influences from the past, present and future."

He calls it a disease, In the article I was reading about Autism, he called that a disease also. Is it normal to see these things as a disease?

I found this a bit creepy.
"In late severe dependency there is no longer choice and suicide or death are common."

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

That could be her! These were all written a couple of years ago, but did you notice the thread When Love Dies?

Once love is gone there is a huge void, a space that one cannot fill with anything else, it is like falling into a black hole and not knowing if you will ever find a way out again. Nothing means anything any longer, no matter what anyone says or does can make you feel alive in the same way.

Having love in your life is what makes your life worth living, so what point is there in going on without it, little to none.

If this is her, it could speak to her depression when she just recently lost her father.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OK... this might be a really big stretch, but Jane Lord has or had a twitter account that is described as " a friendly place for people with autism and aspergers to chat"

myaccountvalue.net...

I couldn't find the actual twitter feed, just the above linked reference to the account... and this is indeed a long shot. Thought it was worth posting, though, just in case it is a piece of the puzzle. Was Jane another name of Fiona - or her mother's name? I'm a bit confused by the Jane vs. Fiona issue.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Wow! Nice job finding that twitter account! It sure does seem to tie in with the autism connection we've discovered, to me.

I believe her legal name was Fiona but she went by Jane. Perhaps it was her middle name, or a nickname. my Mom goes by her middle name and only her siblings and my Dad call her by her first name - I think it was something like that.
edit on 12-12201212-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Removed additional thoughts about "Feminine Revenge" since I found evidence she is not Fiona. See further down.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I think her name was Jane but she called herself Fiona, it's been a bit hard to keep track of things as Dr treg wasn't very clear. I hope he wasn't Fiona/Jane, she seemed to be a nice person when I look at what you posted.
" a friendly place for people with autism and aspergers to chat"

I found all the information on autism a bit overwhelming so she provided a place where people could just talk.
All information at this point is good, there's still nothing new in the news.

I see gwynnhwyfar got the names the other way round so I might have been wrong, now you must be even more confused.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Darn, it looks like "Feminine Revenge" is not Fiona. In this Yahoo post she is upset about having an article she wrote rejected.

You can read the article here and judge for yourself, I have not change one word in it before publishing myself.

She links to her article and it lists the author as Linda Corby and provides a link to Linda's web page. Here's Linda's biography with a picture - It's not her. So, she probably favorited the doctor treg account on Yahoo because she knows him or because they both live on the island.

I still think you found the right Twitter account for Fiona/Jane, though - I think she had autism.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

VegHead, Yourself and LEL01 and gwynnhwyfar.
Are just amazing, Great Work, Stars for all three of you.

I find it strange, we had not heard anything about the body Identification being released yet.
Or that Dr Treg has not posted to explain or give more details or an update.

I just wish we could ease her mothers Heart, the hurt she must be feeling.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join