It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Womans body found in sea may be Fiona Lord

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
So, who's Fiona?
who's jane?
who's dr treg?

The original thread is linked in the OP.
Dr treg was the OP of the other thread and he was acting very strange.
Fiona was a woman who went missing from Jersey UK.
Jane is Fiona's real name.
A womans body was found at sea after a week, we think it was her but it has not yet been confirmed.
LEL01 has been acting as UK information centre, if you think I got anything wrong feel free to correct me.
I hope that helps a bit but it would become clearer if you look at the original thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

V sad. I share your sentiments but will not post it publically.

Ever read Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky?
edit on 8/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Mother made no mention of partner/bf/carer.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

ver read Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky?

No, but I'm not going to post that publicly either.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi all, Ive only been aware of this case for the last hour or so and felt that despite being very late to this and the other thread/s I had to stop by to say good job to all the posters that were here as the events unfolded.

It's very sad that this ended in tragedy but I can't help being proud of my fellow ATSers for their conduct here. Standards have been dropping on ATS for a few years now, but collaboration and sleuthing are thankfully still in evidence.

i]reply to post by LEL01

Hi LEL01, now you did invite people to correct you lol.

The Channel Islands are not part of the United Kingdom. But I believe they are considered to be part of The British Isles.

Also the majority of people in the UK would pay nothing to phone the police etc even when not using the toll free emergency numbers. Most people have landline and/or mobile packages that enable them to call 0845/0870 etc numbers at no charge.

For others like me that only have a mobile, and have to pay to call these 0845/0870 numbers there's a great website (say no to 0870) that offers you geographical landline alternatives that you can use your call allowance for. I use it almost on a daily basis and it's saved me shedloads of pennies.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Hi, on page 3 of the original thread linked in the OP I did say
"Jersey is one of our channel islands but they are not governed by the UK, they have their own laws."

On page 4 of that thread I said,
"I think they are British but not part of the United Kingdom if that makes sense. I don't need a passport to go there the same way I wouldn't need a passport to go to Ireland."

You said "Also the majority of people in the UK would pay nothing to phone the police"
I can't speak for the majority of people but BT do charge me an arm and a leg when I phone the police, You don't want to know about my bills.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Woman's body discovered in sea

A BODY found in the sea off the Normandy coast yesterday is believed to be that of missing Islander Fiona Lord, the States police have confirmed.

Although formal identification has not yet taken place, the force this morning confirmed that the body, found by French fishermen three and a half miles out to sea off the town of Granville, is thought to be that of the 50-year-old.

States police officers were today working closely with the French authorities to formally identify the body, and repatriation is expected to take place next week.

seems to be a foregone conclusion.

lets not be too quick to judge dr treg here. Maybe his grief accounts for his state of mind/behaviour.

Also, if true the victim had mental/behaviour issues, dr treg MAY have them as well.
edit on 8-12-2012 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
Woman's body discovered in sea

A BODY found in the sea off the Normandy coast yesterday is believed to be that of missing Islander Fiona Lord, the States police have confirmed.

Although formal identification has not yet taken place, the force this morning confirmed that the body, found by French fishermen three and a half miles out to sea off the town of Granville, is thought to be that of the 50-year-old.

States police officers were today working closely with the French authorities to formally identify the body, and repatriation is expected to take place next week.

seems to be a foregone conclusion.

lets not be too quick to judge dr treg here. Maybe his grief accounts for his state of mind/behaviour.

Also, if true the victim had mental/behaviour issues, dr treg MAY have them as well.

Yes it looks like it will be Fiona/Jane, I don't even know what to call the poor woman.
Did you read the other thread? It was found that there is a book by a Dr Michael Treg titled The little book of rehab quotes. So there could be more to it than grief, I'm reluctant to say mental illness as he claimed to be one of her carers, although he didn't indicate if that was because he lived with her or if it was his job.
It's hard to know what to think with the information we have, let's hope the police get to the bottom of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

You know, dr treg as not been active here at ATS sense Dec.5th.
You think he's Grieving?
I'm sure her Mother is, and there was never any mention of other living family members.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

If he really was her partner he should be grieving but we only know what he said.
I really wouldn't like to take a guess, I have some crazy what ifs in my mind, it would help if he just came back and said "I'm ok"
I don't expect to here any more news unless they arrest somebody, I will keep checking the news just in case.
It's late again I'm off to bed. Good night all..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My personal respects go to all of you who have worked so hard to help find Fiona. We really are a community here on ATS and this has simply reaffirmed my faith in the basic goodness of people even though it's a complete stranger you've been trying to find.

I would like to remind everyone that even though you may be suspicious it's not a good thing to be making accusations that cannot be substantiated. They could create legal issues and if you were wrong imagine how awful it would be for the person accused.

This case is far from over and hopefully we can find answers and closure regarding the end of this poor woman's life.

Thank You ATS!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This thread is an easy way to find yourself in violation of the T&C people. As I did know this and was taking care with each post and yet* Bamm*. I totally messed up. I'm glad it was me and I'll put that to experience. And hope to be a better member than I was before.

Thanx Animals.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You guys are very, very sharp.
I know honesty is the policy among most of us here - it's what brought us together initially trying to find answers to life's questions.
That said there is a fine line and we all wander out of bounds on occasion.
It's all good Randy, you're always man enough to step up and admit if you might have been mistaken.

Carry on good people

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It can be hard trying not to cross the line when you want to throw out ideas to work out what's going on. My own crazy thoughts are just what ifs, anyway I've been looking at the police facebook site that OneisOne linked to on page 2.

One person (not police) talked about suicide and how it's rising over there, the 2nd highest in the World. I don't think this person knows any more than we do, she is not in Jersey.
I also found the next door neighbour saying she has been having a rough time lately so suicide must just be guesswork.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well guys, anyone found any news?

I have not been able to find un update for the past three days. Just hoping for some confirmation that the body is in fact Jane's. Not sure what to think but Dr. Treg is still MIA.

Never did get a response from the neighbor via facebook.

Great work everyone.... It's too bad this had a sad ending, but the question remains who is Dr. Treg?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

No, haven't seen a post from dr treg sense Dec. 5th and I can't find an update news article on her either.
No reply from my e-mail.
I think everyone here would like an answer.
I guess we'll just have to wait, God, I hope her Mother is not going through this, How Awful that would be.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

At this point, her mother is the real victim regardless of what really happened to Jane. You would think there would be more information by now. I understand the body needs to get back to Jersey, autopsy performed, etc, but we all want some sort of closure.

Regardless of the fact that this is happening thousands of miles from my home, this has become something of a personal matter, and I am assuming you and the others feel the same.

In short, I just want some news.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Forgot to mention this sooner but there are a lot of posts from someone who uses the handle Dr. Treg, and seems to be the same person on leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk.... Comments often in articles concerning autism. A simple google search will turn up a slew of these entries. Maybe one of us can glean something from these entries.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01
reply to post by merkins

Hi, on page 3 of the original thread linked in the OP I did say
"Jersey is one of our channel islands but they are not governed by the UK, they have their own laws."

On page 4 of that thread I said,
"I think they are British but not part of the United Kingdom if that makes sense. I don't need a passport to go there the same way I wouldn't need a passport to go to Ireland."

You said "Also the majority of people in the UK would pay nothing to phone the police"
I can't speak for the majority of people but BT do charge me an arm and a leg when I phone the police, You don't want to know about my bills.

As we seem to be waiting for news now, I would like to add to my post above, I didn't want to derail the thread with this when I made that post.
I find it hard to believe anyone can say what most people do with their phones, although I could be wrong.
This "there's a great website (say no to 0870)" A website to help people avoid the high charges, that suggests to me that the charges are high. This is why I didn't just hold up my hand and say I was wrong even though I could have been.

Then this "Most people have landline and/or mobile packages that enable them to call 0845/0870 etc numbers at no charge."
I can only tell you about the offer I received from my phone company.

Free weekend and evening calls for a small charge, a small charge that adds up to a larger charge by the time I get my phone bill. Free at a price, I call that a scam.
Then if you don't make any daytime/weekday calls, you don't qualify for the free calls. So you would be paying for a service you are not getting, that's a scam.
People who have fallen for this scam might not have noticed the above and make calls thinking they are free when they are not.

I'm sure there must be some people who would gain from this but I'm not one of those people.
I suspect with all the different phone companies and packages, there probably is no right or wrong to this. Please forgive this off topic post, I just wanted to clear this up.
LEL.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join