It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Brubeck dead at age 91

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Dave Brubeck, the legendary jazz pianist and composer, known for defying jazz conventions and for recordings like "Take Five and "Blue Rondo a la Turk" has died.

Brubeck died of heart failure in Norwalk, Conn. He was one day short of his 92nd birthday.

keranews.org...

Rest in Peace Dave, you had a good run.

From his website;

Dave Brubeck, designated a “Living Legend” by the Library of Congress, continues to be one of the most active and popular musicians in both the jazz and classical worlds. With a career that spans over six decades, his experiments in odd time signatures, improvised counterpoint, polyrhythm and polytonality remain hallmarks of innovation.

www.davebrubeck.com...

Please feel free to post songs or vids here as a tribute to this genius.
edit on 5-12-2012 by tanda7 because: tribute

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Got to 91 years of age, now time to take 5..........

R.I.P Dave Brubeck, a true genius and musician..........

edit on 5-12-2012 by davethebear because: spelling mistake

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm really saddened by this. I even shed a tear knowing that such a pioneer has left our presence.

People who don't even know his name know his music. My older brother, who doesn't voluntarily listen to jazz, walked into my place one day while I was blasting a live version of Take Five... as his ears perked up he asked me about the tune (says he remembers if from the movie Constantine) and asked me to burn him a CD.

Brubeck was a legend! My heart goes out to his family!

May your journey to the other side be as fruitful and exciting as the journey you brought me!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
A photo of Dave taken by the legendary Herman Leonard;

Dave served in the Army during the Battle of the Bulge;

Blue Rondo A La Turk;

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow, he really hung in there. I have all his stuff, I'm a jazz nerd. RIP Dave, you were very cool.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
91 isn't a bad age to go, I think he really helped popularize jazz in a way

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just now saw your u2u . I sent you a reply. The u2u system sometimes doesn't work right.

I like jazz too, the older the better, I've never heard of this artist, so thanks for broadening my musical awareness, I'm lovin' what I'm hearing now.

BTW: Loved the pet rock funny pic. I laughed and laughed.

Tried to send a u2u about it, but zapp, it was off before I could put anything...herp derp o_0 (chuckles)

new topics

top topics

join