It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Oh yeah, because enlisting in the Military equals getting free stuff.
Sure sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Typical deflection.
An 0bama backing Detroit City Council member wants reimbursement from 0bama for helping him get elected.
You have no issue with this.

But, Damn the company that does the same thing.

You are a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Deetermined

How do these people get elected, what is happening that I don't know about
they re-elected Jackson while he was still in the psych ward .

Now there is a sex offender running for office, are the purposely electing morons to completely destroy us?

I am telling you the elections are fixed, the majority of the down staters voted against Obama, Chicago screws the elections.
bluedownstate.wordpress.com...

the elections are rigged people.
edit on 083131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 083131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Yeah the elections are rigged. We all think the same way actually and thats why we all get along so well on ATS. Those elections didn't represent the true harmony that exists among us...LOL And don't eat the Twinkies. They are making them with the bodies of the elderly they've been harvesting from the DEATH PANELS.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here's how it works...

The cities of the US are going broke because of pension and benefits for it's government unions.
This is called "State Debt"
The pension funds are insolvent because they have been robbed by the Mafia (some of which also undoubtedly funded political campaigns).
The unions supported Obama and now Obama will turn "State Debt" into "National Debt" via a "Bailout" spreading it among every taxpayer in America.

If you think this is BS - it's already being done in Obama's "home" state and mob capital of the world - Illinois.

online.wsj.com...

So basically - our federal taxes are making the mafioso's wealthly beyond their wildest dreams.

50 cents of every dollar we borrow from China is being laundered and filtered in the pockets of Politicians and Mobsters that are running this country together. We are but hopeless, hapless patsies.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So now it is a valid and true story, because it is reported on something else other then Fox.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Typical deflection.
An 0bama backing Detroit City Council member wants reimbursement from 0bama for helping him get elected.
You have no issue with this.

But, Damn the company that does the same thing.

You are a hypocrite.

I am not actually. I am pretty true to my word
On a personal note, you are odious, and personally detestable...so what?
Do you always have to bring these discussions down to a personal attack?

You are this and you are that?
That's all you got? That and your bitter one liners?

Why should I have an issue with it?

This is verbalization of a fantasy wish from a council woman. Did the White house indicate they took it seriously? No. I personally would not mind my tax dollars going toward infrastructure in my own city. Federal dollars should be used fairly and across the board for a States betterment and proven successful projects that do not benefit anyone but the general populace.

Example: How can a stadium help the general populace when tickets to a game are upwards of $85? This doesn't fool anyone. This project is for the rich to have primo seats they can barter other businessmen with.
The population of a city doesn't benefit from rowdy sports fans when the populace needs is a walking/biking path and a 50 cent bus.

Why should I have an issue with it?

When ex-Republicans come out of the woodwork like reformed little roaches telling us all the scandals and insider secrets of this corrupt and devious party and yet you and your brethren insist on following in to the brink of our destruction. Family values my arse. They are homophobic queers themselves, force their girlfriends to get abortions while attempting to deny abortion to others and nobody has a problem with it. Why should I have a problem with some goofy woman lamenting the poverty of Chicago? It's not the first and won't be the last time somebody cries in Chicago.

Here in FL for some reason the Governors reps are admitting that curbing early voting was a deliberate ploy to try and dent the minority vote. In other cases people leave that party and write books about how it is manipulated by the top 1% of the country covertly and secretly since it is spread out all over the place people can't even track it. You get the information. You see the results. You can even follow the money and yet you argue and fight the poor for the scraps they get.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Oh, you mean like bailing out GM and the Unions, based in I don't know, Detroit????

Nah, no money there. None at all.

Nice tactic--pretending that what I said was in reference to GM bailouts because you knew an honest would destroy your position, forcing you to agree that this is nothing but a bitch-and-moanathon thread.

I'll ask again--was this lady's request, specifically her request, granted?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Don't know yet, as it was just asked on Tuesday.

Please, go back and listen to what she states. She stated this has been happening since the days of Carter.

You go ahead and put your head back in the sand, with your 0bama flag planted firmly in the ground.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

So, you try to call out personal attacks, by personally attacking???

All I read from the rest was "Blah blah blah"....

Thought you weren't' reading my posts?

Ah, what ever.........

edit on 6-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by zroth

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So now it is a valid and true story, because it is reported on something else other then Fox.

There was a video of her comments and people still used the FOX news lies meme?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Oh yeah, because enlisting in the Military equals getting free stuff.
Sure sure.

Oh okay--I can go that route too. Is anything in life actually free?

C'mon, dude/dudette (I don't want to assume)! You don't find it really ironic how military enlistees, being supported by taxes and all, complain about government funded programs?

The difference is that I am perfectly fine with taxes supporting both soldiers and programs that help those that need it, while some people only like things that benefit themselves.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Oh good hell.
Personnel in the Military work for a salary.
Welfare precipitants do not.

There is the difference. Nice try though.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
double
edit on 12/6/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Don't know yet, as it was just asked on Tuesday.

Please, go back and listen to what she states. She stated this has been happening since the days of Carter.

You go ahead and put your head back in the sand, with your 0bama flag planted firmly in the ground.

So this thread is just for whining. At least you admit it.

Well, that's not exactly what she said. She said that some dude went to Carter and came home with some bacon/money. What does that have to do with anything? It shows that people want money to support their interests--is this something new?

You might be interested in this line from your own source:

The White House has expressed no plans to bailout the cash-crunched city that some experts say could run out of money by the end of the year.

So, what was your point again?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Oh good hell.
Personnel in the Military work for a salary.
Welfare precipitants do not.

There is the difference. Nice try though.

There are differences, yes. But if taxpayers pulled all money from military, what would an enlistee do?? So, just like a welfare recipient, enlistees need taxpayers' help. So it is ironic.
edit on 12/6/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

When you make cars that can last a decade with proper matenance WTF do you think is gonna happen.

Products that last a long time will %&*^ over a businesses bottom line.

Someday machines will be capable of doing every job. that doesnt mean they will but it means ALOT of people are gonna be unemployed.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Here's the real problem, we have a leader who isn't a leader. He is wimpy, waste and wanton. He doesn't care about people. He never has. He forgets that he is a leader. He only focuses on the fact that he is in power but fails to actually fulfill his job requirements. He would have been fired long ago if he were privately employed.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

The unions supported Obama and now Obama will turn "State Debt" into "National Debt" via a "Bailout" spreading it among every taxpayer in America.

Let's call this "taxes spread around" what it is:

Charging for 2 wars !

GWB thought he was fooling a whole country not raising taxes to cover them. SURPRISE - It caught up to us. I wasn't even paying attention and I knew it was going to bite us in the rear end when we first bombed Afghanistan. Welcome to the rear end! LOL

In the Nations history - we have NEVER entered a war without simultaneously raising taxes to cover it.

NEVER.

And we entered 2 wars -

And instead of raising taxes to pay for them GWB lowered taxes on everybody. And he lowered them across all income groups to hide the disproportionate, unethical and unsustainable TAX BONUS HE WAS GIVING ONLY TO THE RICH! (His family and friends in the 1% and .01%)
And he BAILED OUT BIG PHARMA with a "Rx Drug Program" guaranteeing taxpayers foot the bill for the thousands of useless drugs they (falsely) tell seniors they need. You want to talk about poor choices? Is it just a sad coincidence DOCTORS are the number three cause of death in this country and prescription drugs are number one? Or do you think maybe turns out this was just a BAD POLICY and a terribly poor choice for spending? At least Solyndra never killed anyone.

And you wonder why we are broke?
Want to blame incentives for the poor, the homeless, elderly and kids? LMFAO

Blame Cheney and Rumsfeld and their cohorts in energy and defense.
They are set for life now.

George Bush thought we were going to go on forever believing those 2 wars were free.

You were played!

Here's what I have to say to that...You're cute though.

Add Walmart sending mfg jobs to China and putting mom and pop out of business and you have 10 years of crapola. We reap what we sow and eventually the chickens come home to roost. Obama got stuck with the witty end of a stick by having to make the American people get real and face their debt head on.

edit on 6-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Well, that's not exactly what she said. She said that some dude went to Carter and came home with some bacon/money. What does that have to do with anything? It shows that people want money to support their interests--is this something new?

What was that name that she states, in correlation to going to DC since Carter??? The honorable someone or other???
Yeah, just some nameless guy. You know, John Brown, the city janitor. Sure sure.

You might be interested in this line from your own source:

The White House has expressed no plans to bailout the cash-crunched city that some experts say could run out of money by the end of the year.

So, what was your point again?

The fact that they are demanding this is the issue.
THE TOPIC IS NOT WHETHER 0BAMA HAS ACTED ON IT.

Thanks, nice try again.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Here's the real problem, we have a leader who isn't a leader. He is wimpy, waste and wanton. He doesn't care about people. He never has. He forgets that he is a leader. He only focuses on the fact that he is in power but fails to actually fulfill his job requirements. He would have been fired long ago if he were privately employed.

That is one mans opinion - apparently not all and thankfully not most.

I happen to think he is less compassionate now that the word empathy was stricken from the list of things a President might say but over all he has leaned toward the greedy self perpetuating right most of the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join