It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The US is in the situation Ben Franklin warned us about, once the politicians figure out to buy your/our votes with your/our own money, it's all over.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Irrelevant as you understood my point, but I apologize my ipad likes to changes words.

Ok then.

So you are basing the results of the federal election entirely on what this women has said? I am sure the other half of the country that voted for the democrats would disagree. You have taken a couple examples of those seeking a return and applied it to everyone that voted blue....generalization.

I don't have to base it solely on her. There are numerous instances showing what the 0bama voter is and for.

I am not going to go do the work for you, please prove to me that every democrat in Detroit and the US at large voted for Obama for there kick back.

You are the one making the claim, you prove it.

www.freep.com...
uselectionatlas.org...

They voted for 0bama because he promised the most stuff.
Very simple.
Oh, yeah, don't forget that the city is in shambles, and wants the Fed to bail them out. So, voting for Romney would have gotten that for them? Or Romney is a friend to the Unions?
Yeah, don't think so.

Show me valid statistics claiming that everyone that voted for Obama only did so for this "free stuff" and I will respectfully retract my comments and concede the point, but I don't believe you can.

What statistics do you need? Welfare numbers in Dem controlled States?
0bama phones offerings in Dem controlled States?
Union strong holds and the Dem controlled States they reside in?
Govt assistance recipients and the Dem controlled State they are in?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I don't have to base it solely on her. There are numerous instances showing what the 0bama voter is and for.

Lol now you are saying there is more then just that reason? You can't seem to stick to your argument here is your original premise for why Obama won the election in case you forgot:

Yep, the election wasn't lost on people voting for free crap. It was lost on that and other Govt members pushing for areas to vote, so they get free crap as well.

Your original OP. now you are saying there is more reasons why people voted for Obama.
you pretty much just validated my entire argument that "free stuff" was not the only reason Obama won the election. Thanks.

Further, those links you provided did not prove anything about your point. I did not see anything stating Obama won because he gave people free things...

You seem to be mad because you do not agree with the a portion of the demographic the voted for Obama.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Dbl post srry
edit on 5-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Lol now you are saying there is more then just that reason? You can't seem to stick to your argument here is your original premise for why Obama won the election in case you forgot:

I think you lost yourself in your own retort.
0bama was voted in because he promised the most free stuff.

Your original OP. now you are saying there is more reasons why people voted for Obama.
you pretty much just validated my entire argument that "free stuff" was not the only reason Obama won the election. Thanks.

Nope, not really. I think your translation of what I stated is wrong.
Plain and simple, at the core, it was for the most free stuff. Whether it is at the citizen level or the City Govt level, it is all about free stuff.

Further, those links you provided did not prove anything about your point. I did not see anything stating Obama won because he gave people free things...

Again, would you like to see graphs of Dem Controlled States with Welfare percentages as opposed to Rep Controlled States?

This is funny, having someone not from here, not being here chiding off over things that your experience seems to be limited to from ATS and maybe some news reports.

You seem to be mad because you do not agree with the a portion of the demographic the voted for Obama.

Nope, I am mad that people voted for free stuff, only to have those tax payers pay more in taxes for said free stuff.

But, what can be done where the Y generation has no clue as to how to earn what they want, instead of wanting others to give them things.
Baby boomers are to be blamed as well, as they helped this calamity by not holding people responsible and the "living in the now" attitude.

So, how are things in your home nation? I would really really like to start in on that place. Maybe research some things off ATS and tell you exactly how you should be living your life and expecting your govt how to act.
edit on 5-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Nope, not really. I think your translation of what I stated is wrong.

Okay, I will admit i may have taking your argument to much at face value. Though it was not an error due to translation, but perhaps how minimalist your original OP was.

However I will call out that you originally stated that "It was lost on that and other Govt members pushing for areas to vote, so they get free crap as well.", which implies the people’s desire for more got Obama in.

You are now stating: "0bama was voted in because he promised the most free stuff." As in he was voted in because he was offering the most free stuff, not based on the populations desire for it.

Thus my misinterpretation
SO i hope you understand.

I based my argument on your position that peoples greed was the determining factor, not their willingness to accept as much free stuff as possible.

This is funny, having someone not from here, not being here chiding off over things that your experience seems to be limited to from ATS and maybe some news reports.

Lets try not to make assumptions about one another

But, what can be done where the Y generation has no clue as to how to earn what they want, instead of wanting others to give them things.
Baby boomers are to be blamed as well, as they helped this calamity by not holding people responsible and the "living in the now" attitude.

TO be honest I share this sentiment, I feel you need to work for what you are given and nothing in this world is free.

Now, I need to reposition myself here to address the thread has you had intended

edit on 5-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Okay, I will admit i may have taking your argument to much at face value. Though it was not an error due to translation, but perhaps how minimalist your original OP was.

However I will call out that you originally stated that "It was lost on that and other Govt members pushing for areas to vote, so they get free crap as well.", which implies the people’s desire for more got Obama in.

You are now stating: "0bama was voted in because he promised the most free stuff." As in he was voted in because he was offering the most free stuff, not based on the populations desire for it.

Thus my misinterpretation
SO i hope you understand.

Okay then.
I stated there we numerous others (Meaning people).

I based my argument on your position that peoples greed was the determining factor, not their willingness to accept as much free stuff as possible.

Greed can be for free stuff. Greed is not just restricted to money.

Lets try not to make assumptions about one another

Then shed some light.
Otherwise, still a duck.

TO be honest I share this sentiment, I feel you need to work for what you are given and nothing in this world is free.

Yeah, too bad the large portion of America doesn't believe in that anymore.
Hence why we are screwed.

Now, I need to reposition myself here to address the thread has you had intended

Sure thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I read this this morning and had to laugh. Detroit wants it "bacon" from obama. As if this "bacon" is going to cure the severe coronary artery disease that has plagued Detroit for years...

To think that there are elements within the Michigan legislature that want to "dissolve" Detroit.... This councilwoman is just one reason why they want to...

Wow!! How many other Obama urban strongholds are waiting for their bacon....??? Too bad the useful idiots that voted for "O" won't get anything close to what they thought they would.... They are no longer useful to Obama..
edit on 5-12-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
bacon.....bacon.........cure.........bacon....

Sorry, that is all I focused on.

Now I want Bacon for dinner.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This amazes me.....Obama was extremely scarce during the [s]election campaign.....as in....I believe he did not set foot in Detroit....
I think Biden was in Detroit for Labor Day.

And, although he "dissed" Detroit...Detroiters overwhelmingly voted for Obama.
I am unaware of any law, assumption or other situation whereby a vote automatically equals special treatment.....especially without promises made by the candidate

ETA
Although, now that the election is over

Obama to push tax proposals in Detroit

President Barack Obama will travel to Detroit Monday to push his proposal for raising tax rates on wealthier Americans.

Not too many wealthy Americans within the city limits.......
edit on Wed Dec 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The typical Obama supporter. And yes, they fell for it twice.

The good thing, she doesn't have to worry about paying her mortgage anymore or putting gas into her car because after 4 years of Obama her house is gone and her car is gone.
edit on 5-12-2012 by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies because: Technology...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So did Obama give them money as this woman requested??

No?

So this is just a thread to bitch and moan about losing the election. Gotcha

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by yadda333

Yes!

It has nothing to do with Dteroit or this woman's request for funds, and everything to do with stating the ole Glenn Beck "Americans want free stuff".

See you cannot make a thread about that without seeming incredibly sour graped and silly. This is why we see stealthy attempts at it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by MDDoxs

There's lot of examples of government dependent Obama voters on the internet. Just google "Obama phone", "Obama money" and you will see exactly the mentality of the Obama voter.
edit on 5-12-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

How come you take on the crusade of attacking regular people when they demand better living and working conditions? Why is your rage not directed to the bush tax cuts (proven billionaire welfare program for the ultra wealthy) and the massive bank/corporate bailouts. Why do your fingers blitzkrieg away at the keyboard when defending the interests of the rich and not the middle/poor class? Is it a partisan thing? Are you a billionaire? A racial hang up, perhaps? Maybe you equate rich with white, poor with minorities? Why do you support a race to the bottom when it comes to the average family? Just want to watch the world burn from the bottom up?

Many questions. Deflection expected.
edit on 5-12-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would like to point out these were the comments of the councilwoman, not the potus

that should be obvious, but this is ATS

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

This is not about winning or losing the election.

This has everything to do with Detroit and the expectation that they can be fiscally irresponsible for decades and then expect the President to bail them out.

I know they aren't asking the State to bail them out because the State has put strings on the aid...and expects some semblance of fiscal responsibility.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately this past election and the one before that, the campaign promises were delivered in order to garner votes. And the message that many people got, especially those who voted for Obama, is that they would get free stuff. The sad aspect of this is that the president and any politicians very rarely will deliver on their promises of any campaign promises that are too good to be true.

What many like this council person do not understand is that the help and aid has to come from the rest of the country. And unfortunately, if they are not going to help themselves, they are demanding that we bail them out, and we the people would foot the bill.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I live two blocks from the Detroit city limit. The city for the most part is a urban wasteland. Blocks after blocks of burned out run down houses. There's areas the cops wont even go into. Take an average american and drop them off in the city's worst parts and they wouldn't make it out alive. I smoke outside and I hear gunshots almost every night. There are some good people in the city but most criminals and drug addicts. If it weren't for the good people being trapped down there I'd say fence it off and napalm the whole city.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

According to your logic, whatever a council person says or does represents the whole city. That's just idiotic. The people cannot control what a council member says.

Does Obama represent your beliefs and every single person in the USA? Nope. According to your mentality he does though.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I think its pretty clear now that Obama won because America is addicted to the free stuff crappy working people provide for them.

*SNIP*

What is Obama giving away for free? Welfare programs have existed decades before Obama was elected. A huge portion of the people on these programs have jobs, just low paying ones and retired people on SS.

It's not that Mitt Romney was wrong about the 47%. Its that he called it out and everyone heard it.

He actually was very wrong. The majority of the 47% were old retired people on SS, disabled people on SSI and people with low paying jobs.

Stop reading nothing but right wing propaganda and maybe you'll learn something.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed, 05 Dec 2012 20:51:11 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: Courtesy Is Mandatory - Please Review This Link

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join