It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Isnt it strange this thread is posted today, and then my original thread is moved by a mod to skunk works, today, some 2 months after it was first posted?? Whats all that about??

I made a video of this back in October, as well as a thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Complex life didnt appear on earth until around 500 million years ago. So for about 4 billion years, the biggest animals on our planet were amoebas. If you extrapolate this to Mars, which lost its oceans probably long before complex life occurred on Earth, its fairly unlikely (but not impossible) that multicellular life ever got started there. Its disappointing because we would all love to see an image come down with a fossil clearly showing in it. But you have to realize its highly unlikely.

edit on 5-12-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
Thats a rock...

and this is a sea lion:

and Optimus Prime:

And taking an even further step back...lets say hypothetically NASA did capture a picture of a rodent species surviving in such a hostile climate, thus proving everything we know about species, ecosystems, life ect. wrong...I'm sure that image would end up on Google images...right? /sarcasm

If such a picture exists, I wont see it, you wont see it. Right now were stuck drilling for bacteria up there...

That's the most important bit. If NASA captured an image of a rat on mars, they would not release it if they were trying to keep it hidden. It defies all logic.

It's a fantastic achievement of stupidity that the "it's a rat!" crowd have failed to recognise that, were that an actual rat that NASA wanted to conceal, then NASA WOULD conceal it!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If NASA wanted to hide the fact that there were rats or guinea pigs on Mars, wouldn't they have just NOT sent the Rover there? They send the Rover to Mars, release images to the public, and someone 'sees' a rat-shaped rock, and begins accusing NASA of a cover-up for not confirming rats on Mars... go figure.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

We all know Apple has a brilliant marketing team......

NASA has an equally, if not better marketing/PR team, thats why most believe every word that comes out of their mouths.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
reply to post by GrandStrategy

We all know Apple has a brilliant marketing team......

NASA has an equally, if not better marketing/PR team, thats why most believe every word that comes out of their mouths.

But I don't believe every word out of there mouth. In fact I don't trust NASA all that much.

You're making that assumption that people who believe this is a rock are big on NASA, that's not the case.

If NASA were attempted to hide the existence of rats on Mars, why have they not doctored the photos?

On one hand people like you cry foul that NASA photshop images and remove anomalies. On the other hand we have a picture of a live rat. Which is it?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
If NASA wanted to hide the fact that there were rats or guinea pigs on Mars, wouldn't they have just NOT sent the Rover there? They send the Rover to Mars, release images to the public, and someone 'sees' a rat-shaped rock, and begins accusing NASA of a cover-up for not confirming rats on Mars... go figure.

Yes, but unfortunately it seems logic has no place in this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

seriously??? do you really believe what you just posted and the link to which you sent everyone for more evidence?? Many gullible people in this world. I have to rethink the whole conspiracy world now.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
that would have to be a totally different kind of rodent eh. able to survive off of rocks and dust, able to handle temperature's from 0 to 170 below zero and able to withstand radiation levels never before seen on Earth.

This is a terrible argument.

I agree its a rock but assuming there was life on Mars why would it require the same conditions as life on Earth? People always say stuff like this "Oh it doesn't match the conditions required for life" none of the conditions we know for the life forms we're aware of, but if the life does exist its not going to necessarily require the same conditions.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

If that is a rodent then the thing in front of it is the back of another rodent.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
that would have to be a totally different kind of rodent eh. able to survive off of rocks and dust, able to handle temperature's from 0 to 170 below zero and able to withstand radiation levels never before seen on Earth.

This is a terrible argument.

I agree its a rock but assuming there was life on Mars why would it require the same conditions as life on Earth? People always say stuff like this "Oh it doesn't match the conditions required for life" none of the conditions we know for the life forms we're aware of, but if the life does exist its not going to necessarily require the same conditions.

It would have had to evolve independently, it certainly wouldn't look like a rat.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

When you Magnify that Pic. , it Turns Out to be a ROCK .............Confirmed , NO RODENT.............

Then why don't you upload the magnified picture to enlighten everybody?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Looks like a slow moving, winterized rodent.
I'm sure there are also roaches on mars as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Imagine this, when work get too much at NASA these guys come to ATS and instantly relax
) quote:

"hey Mike, let's see what these guys found today on Mars"
"OMG dude, a rat! OMG DUDE!"
"dude where's the picture with Ganja next to curiosity"
"you want me to hit them with that? next thing they'll say that's where bob marley went"
"OMG dude, you crack me up, it's like "No Earth No Cry"!"

now to get serious, I have no clue what that is, truth is that it looks like a rat
and the people here acting all Sigmund Freud, there is a reason why people need a license to practice psichology, se please do not use medical terms on other people without a license, you can do a lot of damage. It does look like a rat, based on what we know today it's impossible to be a rat but it still looks like one

there is no way for this debate to have an ending since we don't have a guy picking it up so at least we can make fun of it

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
there was a thread many years ago with the first mars rovers...the poster showed and disected a couple imaiges that appeared to show a rodent laying on top of a rock..which then dissapeared a another frame....i have lost that thread and pics since...any old time ATSers out there that remember what im talking about or have that thread?.....and no, a quick search didnt find it...but...........hay.... this...... is....... ATS!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

There was another poster recently who I was sure was the Author of this thread, but on checking his profile, he's been banned.

I think it was his Deers on Mars thread.

But this... ok it looks like a rodent. But we know it's a rock.

Just goes to show that as soon as one leaves, theres another to fill the void.

I'll miss your quacky posts r2.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by SpearMint
It's a rock. Sorry.

It's always a rock isn't it? Or maybe it's a spent Chinese lantern? LOL

It has a much chance of being a spent lantern as it does being a mouse.

And an infinitely more possible chance that it's a rock.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Well, it could be seen as a guinea pig.

It's definitely not a Silver back Gorilla

I'm betting on Rock.

I big dumb rock!

Curiosity indeed mate.

Damn U NASA !!!!

Curiosity Killed the cat, thats why there are so many mice on Mars!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Don't know how everyone missed the bigger picture.

And could that rodent be.... dum dum dumm..... Splinter?

You do know that the new TNMT movie is that the Ninja Turtles are aliens from space right?

I don't believe in this at all, but its just for fun and sometimes there are some things that could seem they fall right in place.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar

Originally posted by new_here

I have seen that pic on ATS somewhere. I agree, it DOES look just like a rodent. So does the one just to its left (sort of overlapping it somewhat) and facing the opposite way. You can see the back of its little ear, and its rear end is closest to the camera with its little tail.

I dunno, they look like guinea pigs to me!

Guinea pigs don't have tails.

Short stubby ones just like in the pic.
Google is your friend:

Long haired guinea pigs will need grooming every day and short haired Guinea pigs need less grooming. Make sure their fur is free from dirt, also check under the tail.

www.guinea-pig-paradise.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join