It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Spacespider

And that's not saying I believe its a living entity yet, I just don't jump the gun as fast as you nay sayers

Seems to me its you that has jumped to a conclusion , some of us naysayers have seen this before and drawn a conclusion from that

Guninea pig on mars! Curiosity rover is not alone

Actually its you that just jump to a faster then light conclusion again, personally I have not concluded anything yet, I prefer to deny ignorance and take every subject seriously and do my own research instead of following the flood of ignorance and world of chines lanterns

Please do involve us in this research so that we too can implement such extraneous investigation. What is the first step?

Where do you start to delve in, so that the facts may be revealed. We must deny ignorance, after all.

Do we study earth rodents, place them in an atmosphere similar to mars and see if they can survive? Perhaps they have an unknown function that we are completely unaware of.

Of chouarse the Martian Rodent may only appear rodent like. It may have completely different internal organs. In fact it might even be a martian Rodent Suit, specially built. We must investigate this. It might hold some interesting truth.

What next. How do we attempt to verify this.

Come on, tell us. What investigation do we undertake to solve once and for all the case of the Mysterious Martian Mouse... I await in earnest.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
From my personal experiences, I know fine well there are/is life on Mars.

No there's not. Prove it.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
There's not a chance in hell that thing is a rock.

Either rodents are on Mars, or more than likely these photos clearly wasn't really taken on Mars....which one is it?

Either way NASA are lying out of their backsides!

Becasuee..........

I get it. The martian rodents are there plotting to take over the earth, and the curiosity is secretly a spy robot and it caught the general out as he was having a pee behind that rock. Or is it another rodent. Hmm, well lets not ask, as the general is peeing on it regardless.

So, to save the earth from disaster and the ensuing panic that would wipe out all of humanity, NASA have said "Hey lets release the photo of general Chipper, and not say anything. that will do it." and lo and behold, the magnificence of the human mind has seen through this retarded plot that NASA planned. We see General Chipper, and we know NASA is lying out of their backsides.

How dare they hide the truth from us. About the dangers of the Martian Rodents...

Who will save the Earth Mole Men now... god dsamn you NASA... DAMN YOU TO HELL..

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's definately a rodent in the picture. But it was probably photo-shopped into the picture.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This thread with its evidence right in front of our eyeballs should be getting 1000 FLAGS and STARS. Time to really get with it I think.

Please go on the news and reveal to the world this info, it's the only way to get it out there so everyone knows the truth.

If you're gunna get with it, get with it big time I say!!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Strange that scientists (and everyone on here) were going banana's over a discovery that was set to be announced late last weekend, but instead we were handed a lead balloon in the form of: "water and sulfur and chlorine-containing substances, among other ingredients" in the martian soil.

Today whilst ATS was down for a short while (not sure why?) I had a quick look on some other UFO news sites that I frequent, and spotted an interesting piece on the discovery of rodents.....YES RODENTS alive and kicking on the surface of Mars!

Is this what NASA was about to announce a couple of days ago?

See link here to the full article, video and more pictures:
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

I'm usually on the fence with objects spotted on Mars and so on, but this one stood out for me for some reason.

What do you reckon?
edit on 5-12-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

I haven't read through this thread yet, but....If that were a rodent of any kind, its front right paw would be originating from just under its ear....There's no shoulder!!! LOL.
It certainly has the features of a rat-like thing, though, but that's like reading earthly things from shapes of clouds.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by SpearMint
It's a rock. Sorry.

It's always a rock isn't it? Or maybe it's a spent Chinese lantern? LOL

.......or swamp gas !

Wait a minute, there's no swamps on Mars; never mind...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

But if he had swallowed your OP hook line and sinker, he'd be your buddy.

Go figure..

Have fun with your rat..

edit on 5-12-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
lol its a rock, that looks like a rodent from one angle.
I go hiking a lot. I see rocks and trees that look like one thing from one angle, and another from a different one.

This is a rock.
It's a rock.

That doesn't mean there aren't ETs, I believe there are... but trying to claim this is legit only make us other ET believers look stupid...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Looks a whole lot like a rat to me...and unlike any rock I've ever seen. If it's a rock, I want it just for the collectors value of being so life like to a real rat!

Isn't this moving a bit quick tho? Assuming this isn't photoshopped (I won't put money on that one...not even for fun...) and assuming this was Mars and not a patch of desert in Nevada or California for the picture...then I want some answers from a Xenobiologist.

Just precisely HOW do Martian rodents and Earth rodents evolve along identical lines of development to be indistinguishable from one another to a quick picture....despite being physically isolated for millions of years...if there has EVER had contact between the planets of a biological nature.

When someone can answer me that? I'll at least TRY to read a serious story about Earth like rodents being on an alien planet, ready to greet and annoy us in a whole new place.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This points more towards an intruder in a closed off environment used to stage yet another extremely expensive hoax rather than a rock.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Its a rock

Just a rock

If you have trouble understanding that because the rock has the appearance of a rodent (see jesus on toast), then answer me this...

what is that big fat rat eating? dust? you see a lot of trees and stuff for it to forage?

Its a rat..use some common sense folks.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
It's Boo, Minsc's Space Hamster.

Hopefully someone gets this.

Go for the eyes boo, go for the Eyes!
Isn't boo a miniature giant space hamster?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
All I can add is my observations... First of all it does very much look like a rat, the eye looks perfect for example... But look around, there are hundreds of eyes in that picture (black dots and even eye shaped black dots), so it is not too unlikely that the "eye" is perhaps not an eye at all...

But the main thing for me is that everyone is focusing on a rat when there is a tiny baby hand sticking up out of the ground and no one cares!

If you look at the bottom of the picture you will see 2 large rocks, one is ball like on the right and the one next to it, one the left, is kinda fish shaped... To the left of the fish shaped rock you can see the little fingers... So sad...

I will admit that I did nearly convince myself that they were 2 rats! But after giving it more consideration I don't think they are, unfortunately...

Still a great picture non the less...

Oh and one more thing, I watched the live announcement the other day and the NASA guys looked SHADY!... Just saying...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by SpearMint
It's a rock. Sorry.

It's always a rock isn't it? Or maybe it's a spent Chinese lantern? LOL

It has a much chance of being a spent lantern as it does being a mouse.

And an infinitely more possible chance that it's a rock.

It could be all of the above in the Mohave Desert

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by luciddream
Common sense would do the trick... Rodents alone cannot live like that... there is something called the Ecosystem

Where are the plants, the insects and the predator?.

Not to mention the air...

Freeze-dried rat.

I am very skeptical but when I see answers as dumb as both these comments I have to say something. Both of you are so narrow minded you think if an animal was found on another planet it would be identical to it's earthen
counterpart!
Don't you think if it WAS a Martian animal it would have evolved to breathe the Mars atmosphere and find food and water the 'Martian way'? There are snakes here on earth in the middle of the Sahara desert that is in an area that looks like nothing but miles and miles of sand dunes!
Please keep this simple thought before making such immature and completely unscientific statements "All life on other planets will be adapted through nature to live in said environment!"

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just tried this on my 5 year old daughter, I said "look at this mouse!" She said "that's not a mouse, it's a rock".

I used the mouse pointer to show her the eyes and stuff, but she got irritated and insisted it was just a rock..

Was pretty funny, but I didn't expect her response..

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I'd just like to know where on Earth...er...Mars, they're taking these pictures?

Area 51......think about it

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
RODENT OR ROCK?

Whatever it is, it appears to have a tail, torso, leg, eye, head and is nestled between two rocks as a real rodent would. I cannot ignore these six characteristics because probability compels me to look carefully at this anomaly. I have done some investigation that I would like to share.

Is it true as many claim that radiation, lack of water, lack of breathable air and deadly cold temperatures would not allow life to survive on Mars. Is this totally true?

RADIATION - Maybe there is a biological explanation for surviving radiation, but NASA recently reported that the surface radiation levels are nearly equivalent to the ISS radiation exposure.

Astronauts Could Survive Mars Radiation for Long Stretches, Rover Study Suggests

WATER - I believe that there is water on Mars just under the surface. Water ice sublimation on the surface of Mars would quickly remove surface ice and convert it directly into water vapor. Under the surface, there could very well be abundant water ice.
Found it! Ice on Mars

AIR – Martian air pressure on the surface is 1/100th that of earth according to scientists. This is a big problem in proving that there is life on Mars. Air pressure is increased the deeper you go deeper into the planet, either underground or very low areas. It is still not enough pressure to support breathing organisms, including rodents that we are aware of. Oxygen and higher air pressure is possible underground. Vegetation can convert Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen. There are structures on Mars that appear to be translucent tubes where vegetation is a possibility.

TEMPERATURE - Some rodents are burrowing animals that live underground. In spite of the lack of a molten core on Mars, soil insulates so it is likely warmer underground. The freezing point of water is decreased when it contains impurities. NASA reports the Martian temperature is way above the freezing point of salt saturated water at -21.1 degrees Celsius. The temperature on Mars ranges from 27 degrees C (81 degrees F) to −143 degrees C (−225 degrees F).

In summary, the radiation is much lower than reported earlier, water is present in the soil, temperature is survivable in some areas at some times so burrowing animals could survive. The low air pressure and lack of sufficient oxygen is a problem in proving rodents are on Mars. Our limited knowledge of life elsewhere hinders outside the box thinking. Assume that life exists outside of our little oblate spheroid just for a second.

NASA's CREDIBILITY

Why do some people feel skeptical about NASA's announcements?

1. The Viking missions of 1976 found something unusual and possibly significant, but NASA has not sent any science experiments to do further investigation for EXISTING LIFE. That was over 25 years ago! Instead NASA has ignored the anomalies. They have mostly conducted geology experiments knowing there was a discrepancy that was ignored.

NASA's Viking Mission to Mars put two landers on the red planet in 1976. Their experiments uncovered mysterious chemical activity in the Martian soil but no clear evidence of life.
Now scientists suggest that telltale signs of life could have been there all along, but Viking's testing methods were not robust enough to recognize them.

Check out this National Geographic article:

Viking Mission May Have Missed Mars Life, Study Finds

2. NASA claims they make images available as they are received. They may immediately upload 99.9% of the photos without alteration, but I have seen images from Mars that appear to be modified with Photoshop.

3. NASA is government funded so if national security is jeopardized, they will not share information with the public. I understand many will claim this secrecy is essential to protect the nation. My point is they are not always honest and open with the public. How do we know when NASA is telling the truth or lying for national security reasons? It seems a bit naïve to expect NASA to tell the truth all of the time. Top secret satellite projects are one example of how NASA will hide the truth when they believe it is necessary.

4. The latest discovery that will “go into the history books” as reported by the NASA scientist John Grotzinger, is rescinded by silence in the official story.

Make your own decision as long as you
Deny Ignorance!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dondylion
Your eyes work fine, yes, but this isn't a case of what your eyes see. It's what your brain interprets that's what's going on. 

Pareidolia ( /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

We can not ignore that pareidolia exists, but it does not disprove life on Mars. There is another prevalent psychological phenomenon with much notoriety that could affect perception - cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance happens when one's behaviors do not align with one's attitudes and an uncomfortable, tensioned feeling results from that inconsistency (Festinger 1957).

Cognitive dissonance is a distortion of the truth like pareidolia. I have read articles claiming that supporters of the official story of 9/11, belief in god, and deniers of climate change are victims of this phenomenon.

The controversial rock/rodent from Mars could partially be caused by cognitive dissonance on either side of the argument thus distorting the real truth for some on both sides.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join