It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Branislav Milinkovic Dead: Serbia's Ambassador To NATO Takes His Own Life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Branislav Milinkovic Dead: Serbia's Ambassador To NATO Takes His Own Life

www.huffingtonpost.com

BRUSSELS — Serbia's ambassador to NATO was chatting and joking with colleagues in a parking garage at Brussels Airport when he suddenly strolled to a barrier, climbed over and flung himself to the ground below, a diplomat said.

By the time his shocked colleagues reached him, Branislav Milinkovic was dead.

His motives are a mystery. Three diplomats who knew Milinkovic said he did not appear distraught in the hours leading up to his death Tuesday night. They said he seemed to be going about his regular business, picking up an arriving delegation of six Serbian officials who were due to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yeah, his motives are a mystery. I came here to find out what ATS thought about all of this and lo and behold no one posted anything. I even waited.

Nothing.

I'd like to know if anyone has any idea what would make a person just up and kill themselves like this after chatting and being all in a good move seconds before they commit suicide.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Did somebody use a mind control trigger word - deliberate or accidental? (see the theories about the ginger-haired guy on trial in America, how he came to commit that crime)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well that is certainly strange. Seems on the outside he had everything going for him.
It will be interesting to see if they find anything, when someone goes through his financials.
Maybe he just found out his wife was having an affair?

It seems like it is taking less and less for people to snap these days.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Maybe he found out someone was going to rat on him, publicly over something very serious, with proof?

edit on 5-12-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Or someone isn't telling the truth and he had assistance jumping from the ledge. I always question things like this when something makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I tend to think that perhaps one of his alters were triggered to commit suicide. Either a key word was said, or he didn't check in to his handler before the suicide countdown was activated. I have a feeling that more of these types of stories are going to be in the news.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I suspect you already know, but you are simply gauging for similar speculation.
I suspect our speculation is similar.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
I have a feeling that more of these types of stories are going to be in the news.

I would not be surprised in the least.
I would also not be surprised if this has already happened several times, but just not been made public knowledge, or excused as some type of unremarkable accident, etc
However, I supposed it would be a bit more difficult to turn a blind eye to this degree of public figure and circumstance.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

He was transferred to Nato as Serbia's special representative in 2004. Serbia is not a member of the military alliance, but Mr Milinkovic was named ambassador after Belgrade joined Nato's Partnership for Peace programme, which groups neutral states.

The move had angered Serbian nationalists who are now in power. They have pledged the nation will never join because of Nato's 1999 bombing campaign, during which it forced Milosevic's forces to withdraw from Serbia's southern province of Kosovo.

www.independent.co.uk...

Branislav Milinkovic was a big opponent of Serbia's Slobodan Milosevic, and was deeply rooted in NATO against Slobodan Milosevic regime in the war, and is hated by the Serbian nationalists.

I smell a rotten fish here.

Milinkovic was at the Brussels airport to receive Serbian Deputy Foreign Minister Zoran Vujicm, who was due in the Belgian capital for NATO talks along with other officials.

After the delegation arrived, they walked through the parking lot to their cars, and Milinkovic suddenly broke from the group, walked over to the barrier and jumped, an anonymous official said.

“I met with him [Milinkovic] yesterday afternoon, I didn’t notice anything strange, he seemed in a perfectly good mood,” an anonymous source told Italian publication La Stampa.
“I knew him well, this doesn’t make any sense, it’s totally inexplicable.”

rt.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well here one motive for his death ?

With Croatia on the threshold of EU membership, and along with Albania and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia headed for NATO too, the day when Balkan countries will have an important influence on Western security policies is fast approaching.

Although it’s nearly a decade and a half since the Dayton Accord that brought peace to the region, and ten years since NATO intervened over Kosovo, dangerous tensions persist. How great is the risk that old enmities and rivalries between Balkan newcomers to the EU and of NATO will spill over into wider policy areas?

The argument for stabilizing Balkan countries through integration into the EU and NATO remains strong, but with Euro-American relations still badly scarred by last year’s disagreements over the advisability of Georgian and Ukrainian NATO membership, how deep are the pitfalls?

Could Balkan newcomers to NATO and the EU affect the security of the West?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Perhaps he was "programmed" to self-terminate.

What he did seemed spontaneous and out of context. No suicide ritual, no 'selection' of circumstance, it is as if the choice were made for him.

I normally reject theories requiring such things as mental cues and suggestion.... it's just that creepy.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Witness accounts stink as evidence. Though maybe his colleagues threw him from the garage.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Perhaps this is conspiracy, but mere psychology could explain this.

Have any of you ever been in a situation and played out the role, but internally felt entirely different?

Imagine being in a position of power. You have responsibilities and expectations which must be kept. So you do. Until you can't.

Sometimes people snap. They may seem entirely grounded until that point. Judging by the comments posted so far, it's as if people wish this weren't so. That they want to believe the people they're interacting with, whom they trust, who seem stable... can't suddenly snap and slice a head, else off their selves suddenly.

However rare, it can and does happen.

Maybe this is conspiracy, though.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Excuse me, sorry to bother you. I read more posts than I participate within. Very little time is spent discussing the Russian agenda. Bullying the little guys is what big guys do. The little "jump" story is most likely not even half the truth.

edit on 5-12-2012 by JrSkeptic because: mispelled words

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I doubt those guys were his friends. Sounds like it was staged. Maybe he wasn't playing along. The house always wins. Maybe he knew too much about something or he wanted to stop something from happening. Fact is, no one can know. That kind of thing is already accounted for if it's a setup.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony2

I am not sure if the story is written to conjure thoughts of brainwashing experiments, but that is what it makes me think of when I read it.

I am reminded of the recent documentary/experiment where a number of participants were carefully filtered to identify the candidate most likely to be receptive to the commands issued by the experiment controller.

In the documentary, widely viewed across USA, a team of Dr.s and experts were successful in their quest to demonstrate how effective hypnosis mind control can be. They showed an individual can, indeed, be programmed to receive a trigger word and execute the missions that were previously implanted into their psyche.

If you haven't yet seen the documentary, I recommend having a look at it. It demonstrates that 'Manchurian' type programming is not only theoretically possible, but a method has already been developed to successfully produce the desired effects of brainwashing.

It does seem plausible that, at some point, this person underwent the process of brainwashing. During the induction phase, a trigger mechanism may have been implanted and hidden from the subject through hypnotic/suggestive amnesia.

Like one ATS'er said earlier, the trigger word or gesture may have been used accidentally... or the trigger man was deliberately applying the trigger mechanism. If this method isn't presently being used on a large scale by the military/governments of the world, we will probably be seeing a large increase in the outrageous stories that seem hallmark to the 'Manchurian Candidate' descriptions.

The government's track record may indicate their knowledge of group/individual manipulation is far beyond creating an oblivous assassin. If they openly admit that brainwashing has potential to turn an average person into a criminal/assassin, then they're probably hiding many more incredible abilities of the human psyche.

No telling what the most advanced governments are capable of doing to the general public, both individually and collectively.

So, anyway, I was unable to locate a version of 'Curiosity: Brainwashed' (Season 2 episode 4, recently airing on Discovery Channel) that doesn't require purchasing a single episode viewing pass or a yearly membership. This is why I can't embed the episode in full, or even brokendown into segments.

I did find the episode in it's entirety and free to watch, I am inlcuding that link below. It is great quality and has minimal advertisements, so it isn't a hassle to watch it.

'Curiosity: Brainwashed' - Season #2 Episode #4
edit on 5-12-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Well done OP, stick with this one. I think this goes back to the war. What if Milinkovic met the boss at the airport and the latter (or someone there) had a piece of news on our Ambassador and told him so.

That said, thoughts and prayers to the family and friends and co-workers, none of this is ever good. The fact that he saw no other alternative to whatever ever plagued him at that moment is heartbreaking. God Speed to us all that events such as these become a thing of the past.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Thanks everyone for your responses, I am sorry I am just now looking at them as earlier, there was an error that kept popping up on this site shorty after posting this thread. Hey , wait a second....... .
CONSPIRACY? No, I guess it's been happening a lot lately. Oh well.

Anyway, yes, of course I started thinking what some of you are thinking. It's just too blatant and too creepy. But one poster did say that there's some psychological explanation for it. I want to believe that as the plausible explanation, but I am still a little freaked out and need more than that. Something is fishy about this one.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I wonder whether the cctv cameras caught it?

Being an airport, it should have a few around the car park.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join