It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think dogs go after they pass on?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Whether you contribute a little or a lot to ATS, you have all helped me so much throughout the years by reading your posts and threads. I thought that I would turn to you guys again to help me out in my time of grieving. I am grieving A LOT so please be sensitive on this matter.

I am up early again as I once again cannot sleep as I am grieving the loss of my almost 6 year old boxer, named Shelby, who lost his life early, from T cell Lymphoma in his Thymus gland, on Sunday night. I tried for six months to save him with chemo and alternative therapies which resulted in him having a good quality of life until the end.

Like many of you, my dog was my best mate and it is going to take me a while to get through this.

What I have come to you to ask is that what do you think happens to our four legged buddy's souls after death? Do you think they go to the rainbow bridge or wait for us? Do their souls stay with us for a while or forever?

Any sensitive contribution would be most welcome on this matter. Thanking you in advance.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can give you my perspective as a Christian. I believe animals go to heaven. The bible gives references to animals in heaven. This is my belief. I am certain you will get many varied answers here. In any case, I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm am so sorry for your loss. Boxers are one of my all time favorites. We have had the pleasure of two in our lives.

To me, I believe they have a soul, therefore have a special place they "return" to.
How can any animal, that gives so much, and requires so little, not be blessed with a happy ending?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Honestly, I don't have an answer for you. I'd love to think that our animals wait for us, but I'm just not sure.

Just the same, I know what it is to lose a beloved pet. I've had many great dogs and cats in my lifetime, but my greyhound Callie stands out above the rest. She died 12 years ago, and sometimes I feel that I still haven't truly gotten over it. I wish you the very best, and it will get easier with time. Just know that there was a lot of love between you and your boxer, and that you will be missed as well.

You'll be fine, maybe not today, or tomorrow, or a month from now, but you'll be fine. Promise.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Thank you for your insight.

I hope you are right.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thank you chiefs mom and Osiris1953. I know that I am clutching at straws here trying to drown my sorrow. I know it will get better in time and I am not the first and will not be the last. In twelve years time I won't be over him either.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Thank you so much.

Looking forward to that rainbow bridge.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. Give yourself enough time to grieve but always remember they are with you in memory espcially...or...
As I believe in something like Rainbow Bridge, as an after realm. They may go right away or stick around, showing their presence on your pillow or bed for a while until they know you are feeling better. They way our beloved animals stick around their humans graves or with them after they pass shows their loyal connection in this life and perhaps an indication into the next life.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Op, forgive me for a simple reply but this is a simple question to me. Many may laugh, but their humor isn't my concern. I know where my companions of the past have gone.

Someday, if all in life and creation is willing, I'll see them again too....patiently waiting for my return to share my love.

Sorry for not including this..I didn't expect to get emotional on this topic..but I can't help it.. My pets are family and those lost...are thought of often enough. Here is where that graphic comes from and you may find the place to be of comfort in your time of loss here. At least, it's a place to find others of like mind and feeling right now.

Rainbow Bridge
edit on 4-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That sucks to hear about your pup. I definitely share your love for canines and i know exactly how it feels to both suddenly and tragically lose a dog and how it feels to have to make the conscious choice to give the vet the nod to push the plunger and put them to sleep.

Ive spent alot of time in my life in professions that put me in close contact with dogs from dog grooming to training to being an assistant to a vet. Losing my first dog dax was by far the hardest thing i can remember dealing with as a child because it was so sudden i played fetch with him in the morning before school and when i came home at 3pm i found him on our front boulevard dead i assume he got out of the back yard and got hit by a car and someone dragged him off the road. I was miserable for months. But i was also very young.

Since then i have lost 5 different dogs for various reasons from health to accidents,and i can say with confidence that the first one you lose is always the hardest. I dont mean to sound insensitive but as i got older the loss of a dog did not effect me anywhere near as much as it did when i was young ( not to say my love for dogs diminished in any way) I love dogs just as much as i did when i was a child but i view them now as they should be views... as an animal. The last dog that i had to put down was because he was in the backseat of my fathers van and my father got into an accident and my dog broke his back, the vets gave us options do give him mri's and send him all around for treatments and told us that the chances of him making a full recovery would quite low and it would cost us many thousands of dollars before it was all said and done. And i made the decision within a matter of minutes of hearing this news to put him down. Because in the end no matter how much i loved him, he was still just an animal.

Perhaps it is a callous way of looking at it but i never shed a tear about it because i couldn't stand for him to be in the vet hospital another minute wondering when he was going to get to come home.

Grieve. Its natural and healthy. But also try to always remember that they are not human and they will never hold anything against you.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I am so sorry, but the rainbow bridge cliche that many pet owners seem to spout is so incredibly cloying, I find it hard not to barf.

If anyone mentions it to me when any of my pets die...I will just walk away.

I have lost a number of pets and it killed me.

I was having a very hard time coming to terms with thè death of a five month old leonberger puppy...beautiful, funny and naughty girl.

I happened to go to a psychic reading not long after and a woman said she saw a lion type animal next to me. Leonberger s were bred to look like lions.

She mentioned my troubles getting over the dogs death and that the dog would jump on my bed that night to acknowledge me and say goodbye.

Now I do not know if it was auto suggestion, but I swear I was woken up by a large dog on the bed in the middle of the night...there was no one and nothing in my house. And did I feel better. Yes!

I hope my dogs are with my dad...somewhere...just waiting to opên the door for me and knock me to the ground and cover me in hair and mud and yuk when I hit wherever it is.

Ask him to jump on your bed at night.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I truly believe they go the same place we all do... heaven
... I've even been told that they beat your loved ones that greet you at the gates by running passed them and jump in your face to give you the dreaded slobbery kisses that we all hate so damn much *insert sarcasm here*.

You'll no doubt be reunited

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Heaven is perfection, rest assured that dogs will be there and that you will meet your dog and continue the relationship with them which is even more perfect.

So when asked if dogs go to heaven?

Of course they do!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Pure and Simple, Your dog would die and return to the earth's life stream.

Hindu: If your dog has lived its life to the fullest, it would join the astral plains with rest of the souls of all living creature and attain peace. If not, it would be reincarnated.
Buddhist: If your dog has lived its life to the fullest, It would attain Nirvana and join Astral Plains.
Christian Version A: Dogs have no soul.
Christian Version Z: Doggy heaven.
Christian Version between A-Z: No soul to Soul.
Islam: Dogs are impure.

Pick your choice. Or make your own, because no one knows.

Sorry for your loss. Cherish the memory you had with it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Moses passed away a year ago. I'll always miss him. I believe all dogs go here:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed so far. I have decided, after having two days off, to return to work and all of these comments have made the pain diminish a little. I will be able to carry on with my day a little easier now.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's my border collies 9th birthday today and we have hardly been apart for all that time except for a some holidays. Wherever I go, he goes, always has been, always will be.
He gets me up in the morning by licking my face until I put him outside for his business and follows me like glue.
Yes I believe you will meet yours when you pass and also I firmly think they have souls as well as us.
As a previous member said, you will get better in time, you will never forget but the pain will get less in time. At least your pet had someone who loved and cared for him, bet he was spoilt like mine....
Things will get better for you, trust me.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm really sorry for your loss and pain.
I too just lost my pooch of 11 years, Diesel, on Nov 11th and it has been harder than I can imagine. I too have questioned this and have teeter-tottered the idea that their souls continue to live on, as animals have souls too in my opinion, because I cannot and will not accept the idea of nothingness -
I guess it falls down to your own beliefs. I consider myself a spiritual person, and open minded to the unknown. I would like to think maybe he will re-incarnate into a human... Or hey, maybe the good life is being re-incarnated into a god

I still refer to him as my dog, without the past tense... because to be honest, they're never really gone if they live on inside. As cheesy as it sounds, it has helped me tremendously

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

He was spoilt like your beloved pooch. Shelby came with me to all my friend's houses, came with me to watch football and cricket matches. Accompanied me on all my car rides and slept at the end of my bed. I never went away with out him as I would miss him too much.

He was such a good boy he even sat there for me while I put a tin foil hat on his head. I have to laugh... I remember the day I did it and he sat there with the look on his face like "What's going on here... do I move... what do I do here Mum???"... hence the look on his face in the photo.

Shelby jumped around like a crazy dog whenever I returned home from work. Tonight will be the hardest as I am returning to work since his passing and he will not be there to greet me tonight like he has done for years.

Thank you once again every one for making it a little easier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join