It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think dogs go after they pass on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think dogs go to the same place we humans go.

I don't know where that is, but I'm fairly certain that dogs (and all life for that matter) either
continue after life, or not.

I cannot fathom a scenario where humans would have a "soul" but a tree or a dog or any other
living thing would not. I think "all life" is included, or "all life" is excluded--an either/or proposition.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Shelby is in a better place and you will one day be re-united. This is what I feel to be true. I'm sure that Shelby is ever so grateful for all the wonderful years you shared together and loves you very much.

I am so sorry for your loss and understand your grief completely having lost so many beloved pets myself through the years.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hi, Austrailiana. I'm very sorry for your loss. You did everything you could and I hope you are at peace with that. I haven't posted on ATS for a few months but your thread pulled some heart strings and I had to share my stories with you. I don't just believe pets (dogs and cats in my case) have an afterlife, I know - at least for myself. Let me just relay what I've experienced so hopefully it will give you hope and end the anguish.

I had to leave my cat behind in Maryland when I moved to Colorado. I visited there first and tried my best to find a place that would allow cats. I just couldn't. I knew I could leave Leo with my landlord and his 11 year old daughter. She loved him and there was no doubt he would be well taken care of. So he stayed there. I accepted this and moved on with my life. I did not pine away daily from missing him because you just naturally move on. You cry and get sad at the beginning and then go forward with other things in your life.

One night, a few months after being in Colorado, I had just turned the light off and got comfortable for bed. Yes, I was still awake. All of a sudden, I had an overwhelming feeling of having Leo right inside my chest - right around my heart This lasted for what I guess was about 5 to 10 minutes and then it faded. It kept me awake thinking about him and trying to feel him again. No doubt he was with me. About a week later, I got a call from my old landlord who said Leo had dissappeared about a week ago and had not returned (and he never did). It was so unusual for him not to come home they figured he had died. He was still recovering somewhat from being hit by a car a few months before I left and actually had some bone damage that was almost impossible to repair. So as far as I was and still am concerned, Leo is alive and well, just not on this side.

Another: My husband and I had to put his 13 year old cat down a couple years ago due to a tumor in his mouth. And my husband, being somewhat of a clairvoyant also, actually saw the cat a few times in the bedroom very clearly and still feels him occasionally rubbing around his legs. You know when your cat is doing that and it happens. And the night we had to put him down, I distinctly felt his paws walking across my pillow on more than one occasion and a few nights afterward. I still do now and then and wonder if it might also be my two cats that dissappeared in the mountains many years ago. And one of those cats I felt came to me as well. I felt her close as I did with Leo - more than just wondering where she was.

A couple years ago, we had to put our dog Buddy down because it had pemphigus and there was no hope in his case. He couldn't walk because the pads of his feet deteriorated to where it was too painful to walk. I held him and gazed into his eyes as the contents of the needle went through his body. I told him to go run and said I love you over and over looking into his eyes all the while until they didn't look back. The vet and his staff put his body (bagged up) in the back seat. After I closed the door I heard what could only be the sound of a tail beating against the seat. We all know that sound. The next day, my daughter called me and said she was in her bedroom that day before and heard a dog's tail beating against the wall. We all know that noise too. She said it was unmistakable and absolutely couldn't have been caused by anything else. But the biggest and BEST thing is for you is what happened when my husband came home that day after the vet put him down. My husband got out of the car and was walking up the hill to our house. He looked up and there was Buddy shaking back and forth with joy and tail wagging hard all in the excitement to see that 'Dad's' home. In a blink of his eye Buddy dissappeared. My husband entered the room where I was with tears in his eyes crying, "I just saw Buddy." We cried together. Sometimes in the house I see their forms for the briefest of seconds. Maybe it's a trick of my brain or eyes but I think they're here. Now and then I acknowledge them just in case they are so they know I haven't forgotten them.

I think that some may wait for us as friends and relatives do. Some may cross over into their own place. But I firmly believe that we will see them again. I already know they're on the other side trying to make contact with us. Why would we not see them again?

So don't despair anymore. Let your thoughts of your dog be only memories of the fun and loving times you had together and your grieving turn into thankfulness that you had such a wonderful friend. Know that you will see them again - there's just too many accounts out there similiar to mine. Find a new dog to love though you won't love the one you loss anyless. But there is a dog out there in this here and now somewhere that is waiting for YOU - NOW. Go find him! You'll all be together again. It all ends in love if you aim for that.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Why ask yourself this question then they even made a movie about it called : All dogs go to heaven

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
When a Person dies they are met at 'The Gates' by every Animal they encountered on Earth. These Animals decide if this Person shall be allowed to pass through.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Sorry to hear this dude.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Thank you everyone for making me feel calmer. When I returned from work tonight, Shelby was not here to greet me and, of course, I burst into tears. I quickly turned to the comments made here on ATS and I feel a little better.

I wish for him to give me a sign that he is OK but if that doesn't happen I will just have to remember that he is in a better place now.

As for getting another dog, I am not so sure. There will never be another Shelby ever but in years to come there may be another pet. I have had dogs in the past but Shelby was THE one for me and that is why I feel like my heart has literally been pulled from my chest. Your comments have made it a little easier though.

Thank you all.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I feel for you man, ive had dogs in my family all my life and have been through what your going through and it is not easy at all.
i like to think though that as everything comes from Stars, eventually all matter goes back into Stars and the whole process continues in never ending cycles.

to me thats a nice thought.

i think im agnostic and as such im not 100% sure yet what to think of souls, but i like to think the soul is what gives the physical forms their personality and character. i like to think that the Soul just gets reborn again into another physical form as with all things in the universe being cyclical.

why should the death of a physical form be any different

Hope your doing better.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I feel your pain as I just had to release my furry baby because he had bone cancer. It's so difficult dealing with the fact that he's not here in the physical sense, but I do know he's always with me and around me.

As for getting another dog, I am not so sure. There will never be another Shelby ever but in years to come there may be another pet. I have had dogs in the past but Shelby was THE one for me and that is why I feel like my heart has literally been pulled from my chest.

My baby was also a very special dog. It was as though he was tailor made for my life. Many people who met him would say that his eyes seemed as though they were looking right through you. He was sharp as a tack, too. It always amazed me the way I could talk to him in complicated sentences and he'd respond accordingly. I'd love to get another Red Heeler some day, but now isn't the time, so I'm a foster mom now for rescue dogs until they find a permanent home. It's helping me cope with losing my beloved best friend and constant companion. I believe he's proud and happy that I'm helping dogs who were thrown away like trash the way he was. So, you may want to consider fostering a rescue dog until you're ready to bring another dog into your life permanently. It's a great way to honor your furry baby's memory and helps your heart and soul heal a little bit faster.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
reply to post by rival

Thank you everyone for making me feel calmer. When I returned from work tonight, Shelby was not here to greet me and, of course, I burst into tears. I quickly turned to the comments made here on ATS and I feel a little better.

I wish for him to give me a sign that he is OK but if that doesn't happen I will just have to remember that he is in a better place now.

As for getting another dog, I am not so sure. There will never be another Shelby ever but in years to come there may be another pet. I have had dogs in the past but Shelby was THE one for me and that is why I feel like my heart has literally been pulled from my chest. Your comments have made it a little easier though.

Thank you all.

Your grief will pass my friend... but remember there are hundreds if not thousands of Dogs out there that desperately need a good home...

You can never replace Shelby... but you can give your love to "someone" who needs it

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Thank you for listening. It isn't the best feeling in the world. As you and Akragon said, I should maybe go to the RSPCA shelter and help walk the dogs and cuddle them there. I have considered this but worried that I will end up bringing them ALL home with me!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I know the feeling... thats actually why i never go to the animal shelter... But there is a time when its necessary... and it seems for you, now is the time.

I garentee there is one puppy there specifically for you... He/she will tug at the strings of your heart in just the right way...

I suggest taking a trip there soon...

Everything happens for a reason my friend

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So true the saying...

"Every thing happens for a reason"

I always say that to every one else. In time the reason will be known. I am not feeling gutted on the inside today thanks to you people.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrider

This is why I dont let my cats go outside. Bad cars, bad people, bad garbage, bad fleas and mosquitos. Inside, no cars, no rain, no hot or cold, no fleas. ( I hope for the best with this anyway LOL) just Momma who loves her fur babies.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
When a Person dies they are met at 'The Gates' by every Animal they encountered on Earth. These Animals decide if this Person shall be allowed to pass through.

Then I am in like flint because most animals like me.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes there are many dogs out there that need a loving home. Visit your local animal shelter. Someone there will volunteer to be your new pet. I got several " rescued" dogs from the shelter.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by Xquizit
I truly believe they go the same place we all do... heaven
... I've even been told that they beat your loved ones that greet you at the gates by running passed them and jump in your face to give you the dreaded slobbery kisses that we all hate so damn much *insert sarcasm here*.

You'll no doubt be reunited

What if you had pet fish?

You know, you got me there...lol. I think all living things find their way through the Pearly Gates. Lol

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Over a year has passed and thought I would re-read all the comments everyone so lovingly passed on to me. Once again, a big THANK YOU to all those who gave their condolences and shared stories that made me feel hopeful!

The update is I have been volunteering once a week now at the local animal shelter for the past few months. I try to make the dog's lives a bit happier by walking and playing with them. It really is a wonderful job and enjoy going there so much that I wish I had done it sooner.

I have not brought a new dog home yet but maybe doing it soon. In fact, I am meeting two older boxer dogs, that cannot be separated, who need to be re-homed urgently and looking to maybe keep them. So I will not just have just one boxer but two! Wonder what catastrophe I am getting my self into!

Anyways, still think everyday about my Shelby and think I have seen "signs" of him being about the place still. It does get easier over time - even if just a little. I know I will meet him again...

RIP best buddy
edit on 19/2/14 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The answer is no one knows.

Do pets have souls and if so do they follow the same path our souls do assuming they go anywhere at all? No one knows.

You have to ask yourself why does it matter to you what the answer is? You want comfort and that's understandable but thats only for you, it won't effect the dog. Even if what gives you that comfort turns out to be a lie - you still want to believe it. it's human nature.

But why should any pet actually want to wait for us humans? I don't believe they would. We all have pets and we are all cruel pet owners even if we treat our pets right and love them - why, because they were never meant to be caged/kept in homes or domesticated at all. I have had many pets that died and if they do pass on, i hope the last thing that pets sees in heaven is Me. I hope it finds new friends and is truly happy in it's natural state, not some forced home I made it live in like a cruel bastard.
edit on 19-2-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Well thank you for your comment and I must admit I kind of agree with you. You are right... I only want him to wait for me for my own selfish reasons. I do agree that true love means letting something go and let them live their lives with absolute freedom. I don not want him to wait for me and I want him to be happy with or without me I assure you of this. I think though,in life, you meet certain "beings" that you never want to say good bye to and they never want to leave you either - like in the instance of mutual feelings. Maybe... just maybe my pooch cannot wait to see me again too because he loved me just as much in return. It could all be in my head and all a fantasy but you are right once again when you said "who knows?".

I guess we will never really know what happens after we all pass over (animals and people) but it takes faith to believe. Not faith as in religion but just faith in trusting of the "self" and the feelings felt between two or more souls. I just know he would missing me too like crazy but in the meantime I hope he is having a ball of a time!

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join