It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will a Secret Private Manned Mission to the Moon Be Announced This Week?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Will a Secret Private Manned Mission to the Moon Be Announced This Week?

www.wired.com

Internet rumors have been swirling for several weeks of a secret venture backed by private entrepreneurs that would return people to the moon’s surface. It seems that the veil will finally be lifted this week, during a press conference in Washington, D.C., on Dec. 6.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I didn't see this when I searched.

Sounds like a true story, but whether a company is ready to send people to the moon is another story.

Mods, this is my first ever post here on ATS, so if this needs to be moved, go for,it!

With the state of our understanding of current technology, if this event even happens, it will only be an announcement and time line.

Or, someone was real good at obtaining tech to put something into space without those charged with being aware of events like this.

Enjoy....

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

Private space exploration is the future of mankind's economy. Resources are endless. Tourism is sure to be an industry...the first company to land on the moon can probably claim the best site for a space resort and put their foot in the door of a huge industry to come. Also, a base would be valuable for material mining.

This type of stuff will be a major development in the coming years. Although, I'm not sure about the validity of this story. Looking into it.

Good post, either way.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I just read that on Wired.com myself and was thinking about posting it to. Ya' beat me to it.

Privatized space travel is the real way we should be doing it. Let NASA have fun with their rover on Mars, let private companies move forward. Economically I'm not sure if it is the best choice, but that will pan out later.

It was a great read. S/F.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm dubious about the veracity of this one, but I'll wait until the press conference, it's a big step going from outer atmosphere leisure flights to actually landing on the moon, I'm thinking it's going to take barrel loads of cash for this to be true.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
On the contrary, I think economically it's a fantastic choice. Corporations move much faster than government (red tape and all). They'll exploit (for better or worse) space travel and exploration much more efficiently than any government. Government gave up on the next frontier decades ago and are in no position to work up a new appetite for it. Private ventures are the way of the future into space.

When it will happen? Who knows. But I'm sure humanity would be better for it the sooner it happened.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

if they announce it - it wont be secret will it ?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I haven't heard of any internet rumors about this
Where have I been?

It's unlikely they would go back to the moon. Reason being all of the current cuts, and also the blatant upcoming cuts that will be occurring if NASA's Curiosity doesn't pull out some magical 'life' rabbit out of a hat on Mars. Although, I would love to see them go back, simply because it puts a smile on my face everytime I hear we have people 'up there', but I don't think we (the public) will find anything new. They have the sat's up there already, mapping out the entire rock, and there are still things we don't hear about because of the tunnels the data has to pass through before the public can see it. So we won't get much out of a new endeavor, but I would love to see us go back.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You beat me to it!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT NEWS!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Space travel and setting up camps on other planets seems only natural for the human race.

We know we can live in space because of the space station. Is it too far off thinking we could colonize another planet? I think not.

I am nearing the end of my journey of life. If I were not, I would be breaking down doors and getting in on this excieting new time coming very soon.

My wish is that my grandchildren may be among the first humans to live on Mars.

What an incredible adventure that will be.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
No - because if it is announced then it isn't secret - is it??!!

2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Perhaps groups like this is the reason that existing landing sites on the moon were made "No Fly zones", a year or so ago.

Just think of the salvagers.... Anyone want to buy a LEM?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I have no problem with anyone landing on the moon, but let it be known that I am a proud owner of certain land on the moon, and will be exercising my rights under interplanetary law.
If you wish to land on my piece of moon land then I will be charging a small fee.

PROOF

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Two words.

Helium Three.

Got get 'em boys!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What the....? Then it wouldnt be a secret now would it? Next!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

I have no problem with anyone landing on the moon, but let it be known that I am a proud owner of certain land on the moon, and will be exercising my rights under interplanetary law.
If you wish to land on my piece of moon land then I will be charging a small fee.

PROOF

Good grief...

We want to congratulate Dennis Hope, founder of the Lunar Embassy, for the wonderful acknowledgement he has received from the Congresss of the United States. Dennis Hope has been named co-chairman of the Republican Congressional Business Advisory Council. He has also been issued the highest honor the National Republican Congressional Committee has, the prestigious Republican Gold Medal (Source)

Dennis Hope == Quite the Dope

The United Nations Outer Space Treaty, of which the United States is a signatory, says that no one owns the moon. Hope, who has never been there, can't even claim squatter's rights.

You blew your thirty bucks, hopefully you didn't "buy" more than one acre from this scammer

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by VeniVidi

PROOF

Good grief...

We want to congratulate Dennis Hope, founder of the Lunar Embassy, for the wonderful acknowledgement he has received from the Congresss of the United States. Dennis Hope has been named co-chairman of the Republican Congressional Business Advisory Council. He has also been issued the highest honor the National Republican Congressional Committee has, the prestigious Republican Gold Medal (Source)

Dennis Hope == Quite the Dope

The United Nations Outer Space Treaty, of which the United States is a signatory, says that no one owns the moon. Hope, who has never been there, can't even claim squatter's rights.

You blew your thirty bucks, hopefully you didn't "buy" more than one acre from this scammer

Oh man, I should get in on that scheme. I have an even better idea, I'll sell entire planets! Who wants to buy an exoplanet? If astronauts ever travel to and land on it you can charge them a toll no matter where they land! The piece of paper I'll sell you will grant you full and complete dictatorial authority over the entire planet!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'll be glad when we put our financial weight behind the Space Elevator, I'd sooner ride that up to orbit than a private space controlled explosion adventure built as cheaply as possible to wring as much profit as possible.

Regardless of my misgivings, Space and keeping our only home in the 'Verse clean are our collective future. The sooner the better for both.

Derek

new topics

top topics

join