It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hysteria is SELF-induced and unnecessary; Have a Sledge Hammer Handy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

HYSTERIA

en.wikipedia.org...

Hysteria, in its colloquial use, describes unmanageable emotional excesses. People who are "hysterical" often lose self-control due to an overwhelming fear that may be caused by multiple events in one's past[citation needed] that involved some sort of severe conflict.

The hysteria surrounding the coming "EVENT" is further enhanced by the media; Here is my advice...if you cannot deal with this in a rational manner; take your "SLEDGE HAMMER" and smash your TV, Computer and Radio to smithereens!

Here borrow mine...

Disclaimer notice required...

Because from what I see this is not going to end anytime soon. Even after the day in question comes and goes...there will be another day that takes it's place.

Which brings me to this point...NO one day is more important than another, the ONLY day that means anything is TODAY!!

What if...all days were called DAY...would this help? It's not mon, tue, wed, thur, fri, sat, sun...it's just DAY. What if...all years were just called YEARS?
What if...all numbers were just called NUMBER?

The use of words and the use of calenders have served a useful purpose throughout history...communication and reoccurring patterns, but they have been misused the same way, misinterpreted like many things from our past, maybe differing use of language has caused a great deal of this.

If you live in Africa...how you perceive certain things would be vastly different than if you lived in Asia...etc.
How someone in UK says something is vastly different than what they may say in Russia...etc.

Even smiles can be misread...but 2 things that would always be understood in any language are what....
Think about that....tell me what those 2 things could be...and which one would you prefer?

I know my answer.

BAW33
edit on 12/3/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
hysteria was once a diagnosis for women and the cure was a medically induced orgasm. This field of medicine was where the vibrator came from.

just thought I would share....lol

maybe stick to a toy and a friend instead and leave the sledge.....

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

and was a very good flick about it

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
hysteria was once a diagnosis for women and the cure was a medically induced orgasm. This field of medicine was where the vibrator came from.

Even smiles can be misread...but 2 things that would always be understood in any language are what....
Think about that....tell me what those 2 things could be...and which one would you prefer?

I know my answer.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

Which brings me to this point...NO one day is more important than another, the ONLY day that means anything is TODAY!!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You realize that Hysteria / or fear of it happening on a wide scale is the governments chosen reason for keeping secrets in the first place?
I'll keep paying attention to what is going on rather than play ignorant. Better prepped that way.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I don't think you read my post. So far no one has bothered to answer the question I posed? I guess I should not bother writing anything and just ask questions.

Even smiles can be misread...but 2 things that would always be understood in any language are what.... Think about that....tell me what those 2 things could be...and which one would you prefer? I know my answer.

Not a trick question, but requires some thought...
edit on 12/3/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Two things that cannot be misunderstood in any language:

A hug

A punch

I'll take the hug, thank you!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Two things that cannot be misunderstood in any language:

A hug

A punch

I'll take the hug, thank you!

You are in the right direction...I am withholding my answers for now...

Here is you hug...

and here is your punch...

Thanks for stopping by Littled!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well, I could have said the "peace" sign or "the finger", but I much prefer the hug- thanks!

Will check back later for your answer. Should be interesting!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

NO one day is more important than another

Therefore no holidays, birthdays, school days, week ends, etc. exist, right? I can wake up tomorrow and say, "Well, it's the week end/holiday/any other occasion in which you'd be excused from school," and just not go? Specific dates serve no significance in correlation to another? So, my birthday could be by definition the equivalent of 9/11 in terms of significance or lack thereof, or vice-versa? That's what I understood from that. Please, correct me if I'm mistaken.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Philosophile

Well if that was what you derived from my post...you missed the point by this much.................................................................................................................................................. ...................................................................................................................................................... ...........................................................................................................................infinity.

Certainly anniversaries have meaning, birthdays have meaning,but only because this society has placed importance on it through the use of calenders;

Now ask yourself this, the day you were born, where were the stars? I will show you what happens each year on your birthday if you give me the date you use to celebrate it. I will show you how the stars look then and now...to demonstrate my point

Trying to predict what is going to happen on a specific day in the future based on a calender is ridiculous...that is one of my points...the Universal time is not the same as Earth based time...there are only two things that we can say cross the the line universally or Earthly...what are those 2 things?

You can only live life one day at a time...past, PRESENT, fUtUrE ...don't let the past control you, live for today, plan for the future...taking a calendar from the Mayan and creating self-hysteria is useless and counter productive.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

And semantics will allow both of those to qualify...

For the hippie in you...

You will have to use your imagination...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

(I did it. I used my imagination!)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by Philosophile

Certainly anniversaries have meaning, birthdays have meaning,but only because this society has placed importance on it through the use of calenders;

Now ask yourself this, the day you were born, where were the stars?

Trying to predict what is going to happen on a specific day in the future based on a calender is ridiculous

You can only live life one day at a time...past, PRESENT, fUtUrE ...don't let the past control you, live for today, plan for the future...taking a calendar from the Mayan and creating self-hysteria is useless and counter productive.

Our Gregorian calendar is arbitrary compared to some of the ancient's. I'm astrologically a Pisces. What about the other calendars besides the Long Count the Maya used to predict like cosmic events like solar eclipses, astronomical movements, etc.? I don't fret (or create self-hysteria) about what might or might not come, but I don't believe it's fair to say what will or not happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

Sweet because some men need to losen their a holes anyway right?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Oh but I did...
Saw nothing linking hysteria to your theory,and have no idea how your theory relates to your thread title.
I responded to your thread title, and the first half of your OP.
The rest...sparked not a twinge of response.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

then you decided to post a response relating to hysteria...and ignored the rest...interesting...thanks for stopping by.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

You realize that Hysteria / or fear of it happening on a wide scale is the governments chosen reason for keeping secrets in the first place? I'll keep paying attention to what is going on rather than play ignorant. Better prepped that way.

Oh but I did...
Saw nothing linking hysteria to your theory,and have no idea how your theory relates to your thread title.
I responded to your thread title, and the first half of your OP.
The rest...sparked not a twinge of response.

What theory are you referring to? Hysteria? Wasn't a theory. My post had to do with people creating their own hysteria about 12-21-2012 (the Event); that the media enhances it or feeds it...and that it is unnecessary to have hysteria relating to a day that has been interpreted many different ways. This is not a theory...it's a statement of fact.

I ,also, pointed out that these predictions will continue without merit whether we want them to or not no matter what does happen that day.

I further stressed that because of calendars and the "Fact" (not theory) that Universal time is different from Earth (24Hr)..it is ridiculous to use calendars of any kind to predict specific dates.

This is an opinion...also not a theory...

Even smiles can be misread...but 2 things that would always be understood in any language are what.... Think about that....tell me what those 2 things could be...and which one would you prefer?

I was only focused on 2, I am sure, as other posters would suggest, there are more possibilities.

Not sure why you decided to attack me, I was sincere in my effort, you seemed intent on being malicious for some reason.

I ask you again...which 2 things would be understood by any language? You responded to my thread 2 times and still did not answer the question.

You decided to belittle me, which I find incredulous on your part especially since you are an experienced member. Perhaps I just am not smart enough for you. Maybe you are having a bad week...either way, I just think there was a more polite way to offer constructive advice, if that is what you were attempting.

By the way it was you that was intent on theorizing about the government.

BAW33

top topics

join