It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: NASA Unveiling Mars Rover, Voyager Findings Today (12/03/12, Noon EST)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The questions being ask are so stupid and boring
But then again if I would ask them a question it would get a little out of hand
But I am sure they know who is going to ask the questions and what the questions are, just like in the white house, and that goes from the questions from the "internet"

Can´t you Americans make a partition to get fresh meat into the chairs of NASA.. at this rate we will be revisiting the moon in the year 5000 and first human mission to Mars in the year 20.000

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Okay now this Ken guy say that the images from curiosity comes so fast back to earth and directly into the JPL website for public viewing even before he sees them. * and makes a fast movement with he´s hand *

Mmmhhh sure they do Ken, sure they do * I say while making a duck face and moving my head up and down *

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
Okay now this Ken guy say that the images from curiosity comes so fast back to earth and directly into the JPL website for public viewing even before he sees them. * and makes a fast movement with he´s hand *

Mmmhhh sure they do Ken, sure they do * I say while making a duck face and moving my head up and down *

Yeaaa... after they go through the "photoshop" department

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well,
At least they acknowledge that the panoramic view/s are less than perfect, without actually saying that there are bits missing. It might save on a lot of, 'missing rock' posts here.
edit on 3-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The official Curiosity Mission smell of a huge FAIL for NASA...

Say goodbye to Non-military projects NASA, and so all the departments and employers...
A massive fund cuts ahead. OMG!

edit on 3-12-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Did they say anything about MAHLI cam since there're no pics in recent sols?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Didn't hear anything about the MAHLI cam in the first hour- the conference is still ongoing so it may come up. (I had to drop off from audio to take a call).

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

It's unfortunate that financial interests and corporate greed have taken over American society. NASA seems hardly relevant these days because they are controlled by these same elements that control society. I'd be willing to bet that we've found life a long time ago but for some reason or other those financial interests in question don't want the "people" to know because that knowledge would interfere with someone's financial plans. What are they up to? The truth is probably right under our noses (underground?) and we don't even realize it.

Like so many others I am frustrated with NASA and I wish they'd just go away sometimes. NASA takes "baby steps" with everything they do it seems, however, you can't blame them because it's politics that's the root of the problem. Now our political issues will be the defining element for our Space exploration. Let's get ready for a lo.o.o.ong ride! I used to be against the privatizing of Spaceflight but now I am for it because the private industry will mobilize to conquer Space. Profiteers will molest outer Space in order to make a profit but that is the only way we will ever get anywhere in the Universe in our lifetimes.

NASA= Null and A Sad Administration

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
Now they are doing questions...

Let me get people up to date what it was all about..

NASA : We made some holes in ground

NASA : LOTS OF LOTS OF sand and other sand stuff, its very fine SAND !

NASA : Its like food, very fine flour, YOU HUNGRY YET !! Hahahah

NASA : Well there was some gas in those holes..

NASA : Organic compound gassy stuff.. dont know for sure yet, need to do more thinking

NASA : Organic compund gas thingy is nothing special really.. its everywhere inside sand stuff perhaps

NASA : Questions ?

it cost's us how many billions a year to find that out? i just have to laugh my f'ing ass off whenever the nasa nerds gather around to listen to nasa's timeless drivel of basically nothingness x 10.

nasa, "we're having a great time giving you nothing for your money" next up well examine the nothingness on Venus at a cost of 10 billion.

edit on 3-12-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I agree they could have given us more since perchlorates were discovered in 2008, and this mission more or less confirms that. Either way, I like NASA and I'll continue to be a nerd about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Did they say anything about MAHLI cam since there're no pics in recent sols?

It was the MAHLI camera mosaic of Curiosity they were referring to when they said the panorama stitching was a bit 'stretched' We know there are bits missing in the self portrait process, though they didn't actually say cut and paste job, but it looks like that was done.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Worth repeating:

Yeah, one of those NASA-goobers jumped the gun a bit - his "earth-shattering" announcement was that life was indeed found on Mars.

But - they were hit with a visit by the MIB who quickly put the kibosh on releasing the REAL imagery and instead were told to show the public a few scoops of boring sand accompanied by even more boring charts as explained by the uber-boring scientists at NASA.

Well - guess what?! I got my hands on the original image. Posted elsewhere already for my pals at ATS, but as you all are the most inquisitive, deserving folks of all, here it is! You're welcome!:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Has the live stream stopped working? What is being said ? Sorry for the short post

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
so this was the BIG announcement
ugh why dont they JUST say it instead of all the frakkin hype
jeez

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Yep the announcement is over. It clocked in at an hour and sixteen minutes. I'd update my OP, but the time expired for editing.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Cheers Jason for a quality OP
nice updates
appreciate it

but i have to say the findings are very dissapointing
it does make me think the guy who jumped the gun on this wasnt meant to and we get this drivle instead!

come on NASA stop being the MANS whipping bitch, grow a pair and give us the real findings

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Yep the announcement is over. It clocked in at an hour and sixteen minutes. I'd update my OP, but the time expired for editing.

Aah man now I feel like a _________ (insert choice of words)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I stand corrected .
Stephen Greer's build ups & let downs
are better in both directions.
edit on 3-12-2012 by sealing because: took out the acronym agency.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

No need to even ask if they said what the second "shiny particles" turned out to be. They look like rough diamonds.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Chemicals on other planets? Who would have thought elements that exist on earth could be anywhere else in this universe (especially if you're a BB theory proponent)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join