It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else receive a strange phone call today? Possible attack on Toronto, ON?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Not that i don't believe this, but can the OP please show a picture of the phone log?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What kind of idiot would do this kind of prank?
Its' obvious, most people here don't believe it's real.
So why would anyone would want to make such random calls, unless there is some or high degree of truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by koadie

Never receive a strange phone call like that, receive plenty of hang-up phonecalls, although come to think of it the cell phone for three days in a row came up with a number I don't recognize as being from someone I know. it could've been anything, but I don't answer the phone unless I recognize the number belonging to someone I know, this week nothing now, from that number. That's only a little strange not like you got.

I would probably have reported it, if you get it again try to record it and then tell the local authorities, it's probably a prank, but better safe then sorry. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by koadie

Thats what happens when your the out-loud-and-proud village wackjob... people screw with you.

I live in Toronto, know a fair number of people, and can't say I've met anyone with your experience.

Probably a prank call.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sounds like you have a friend trolling if you if I have to be honest.. especially if they know you're an ATS'er .. it's all too easy to block your number and pipe some text through a speech synthesizer .. I'd still report it though.. it could also have just been a random number prank.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patrol
What kind of idiot would do this kind of prank?
Its' obvious, most people here don't believe it's real.
So why would anyone would want to make such random calls, unless there is some or high degree of truth.

Because people are stupid? .. seriously, you have kids now days who call in false police reports of hostage situations at their friend's house ( or even random celebrities! ) which results in the swat team banging down their door .. it's disturbing.. but this bomb prank seems actually far less harmful than sending the swat team .. people have nearly died in those pranks.

The swat prank is something that's happens over 400 times a year according to this report... 400!

Here's an article on some of the more high profile incidents.. abcnews.go.com...

edit on 12/4/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by koadie

Not Fear-Mongering, BUT

Was reading The Toronto Star this morning and came across this story.

Now the Darlington plant is a little further away from Toronto, than say, the Pickering plant. However, with your mystery phone call, and this article coming out in the same week... it's unnerving, to say the least.

Damn you koadie, see what you started!

edit on 4-12-2012 by sumgai because: Formatting

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sumgai
reply to post by koadie

Not Fear-Mongering, BUT

Was reading The Toronto Star this morning and came across this story.

Now the Darlington plant is a little further away from Toronto, than say, the Pickering plant. However, with your mystery phone call, and this article coming out in the same week... it's unnerving, to say the least.

Damn you koadie, see what you started!

edit on 4-12-2012 by sumgai because: Formatting

Great find,

i lean towards hoax, but how many people are just 1% interested if this is true?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

well done for apology,

when i first started reading your replies THIS came to mind about the way you were acting,

Sorry hopefully your not!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Somebody needs to settle their kettle.... the person obviously posted this to see if anyone has had similar calls maybe to try and make light of what's going on. Why is it worth getting nasty?

You ask why he posted, i ask why you came to the thread?

EDIT : I read on and you apologized. but still, geez all over a phone call...

edit on 4-12-2012 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
UPDATE! I've located the culprit. It was as i thought. I have been had. It was most certainly a prank, as most of us suspected. My apologies if my thread frightened anyone. I was only posting this topic to see if anyone else in the toronto area received any similar calls. bknapple makes a good point, that it may have been unwise to stir up any possible fear mongering as a result of the post and mentioning a nuclear attack * which is nothing to joke about of course). My apologies if I frightened anyone! ^_^ It was just a silly person making silly calls to other equally silly people. Nothing to be alarmed about folks, please resume to your normal conspiracy theories and have a nice day!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by koadie

How about some details?

It would help to reassure us that you yourself are not some jihadi copycat or a member of the RCMP.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by koadie

Phew! That was... I don't know.

So how'd you find out who it was?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by koadie

Hey no need to worry, you asked a question, you didn't make a statement on you OP.

If that happened to me, i would also try to ask online whether it happened to anyone else.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by koadie

edit on 4-12-2012 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

It's just a pattern done by reversing the nap of the coat. (Not a brand or anything which I think you were worried it might be, LOL
We do it all the time for horse shows and stuff.

Pam

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phatdamage
Not that i don't believe this, but can the OP please show a picture of the phone log?

Why? To prove to you that they did, indeed get a call from a "restricted" number?

How ridiculous.

See my first post in this thread for more information, if you haven't already.

edit on 4-12-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
And this is why I got so harsh last night. Now some people are worried about their loved ones in Canada based on some alleged phone call someone received. I understood that the OP was asking if anyone else had received such a call. I wasn't that dense last night. But that wasn't my point. Along with asking if anyone else received such a call, the poster still put it out there to the ATS community that "hey also, the threat was a nuclear bomb, have a nice day". I'm sorry, but when someone comes claiming they received a threat of a nuclear attack on a major world city, I expect some modicum of evidence. To not provide such evidence, is wrong. Its not like the usual hoax thread of "I'm time traveler x from timeline z" but in fact, this is far more serious. I wouldn't post such a thing on any public board until I had done some kind of research into what happened myself. Its like yelling FIRE in a theater because some stranger whispered it in your ear and then disappeared.

And given the history of people with a very low post count, coming to post an extreme thing, like a nuclear attack, Im sorry, but 100% of them turn out to be unfounded or outright hoaxes.

So was I harsh and rude, yes. Do I apologize for that, yes. I was not in the best of moods last night. But I will not apologize for asking for proof to a claim of a nuclear threat.
edit on 3-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

Your analogy is as ridiculous as your expectations.

This is nothing like yelling fire in a theater. At all. OP did not yell. He spoke carefully and provided a thorough explanation about the phone call he claims he recieved. How would you propose he provides evidence of this?

Further, it was not in a crowded theater. It was on a crowded website in which people are used to people coming here with hoaxes and ridiculous claims.

OP did not claim there was a threat. At all. this is the single point on which your analogy fails the most. No claim. Whatsoever. OP did claim that he received a phone call. And as I've already covered, there are definitely highly plausible reasons that someone could get a call like this, other than an actual threat, or a hoax on the part of the OP. I'm sorry you fail at understanding this as badly as you fail at analogizing and coming up with relevant points.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Your just an pompous asshole that needs to stop taking yourself so bloody serious

It's an interesting thread even if it was a prank, not everyday that happens, thanks op

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by koadie

Good to hear, but heck, stop apologizing! You did the right thing by sharing it with us in a non-sensationalistic manner.

So how'd you come to discover who the culprit was?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join