Anyone else receive a strange phone call today? Possible attack on Toronto, ON?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by koadie
UPDATE! I've located the culprit. It was as i thought. I have been had. It was most certainly a prank, as most of us suspected. My apologies if my thread frightened anyone. I was only posting this topic to see if anyone else in the toronto area received any similar calls. bknapple makes a good point, that it may have been unwise to stir up any possible fear mongering as a result of the post and mentioning a nuclear attack * which is nothing to joke about of course). My apologies if I frightened anyone! ^_^ It was just a silly person making silly calls to other equally silly people. Nothing to be alarmed about folks, please resume to your normal conspiracy theories and have a nice day!

Thanks for the update, can we possibly request more details so we all can get some closure on this issue?

Thanks, and hope you are enjoying the record breaking warm weather in Toronto today. I'm sure it means nothing. Just like the fireball we had a couple weeks ago..............

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I love threads on ATS where the first 8 pages
are member replies saying "it didn't happen".
For what it's worth my Canadian friend, I'm no more help
than the rest, except....
I totally believe you and agree that it's terribly strange.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by koadie

Koadie,
I know this is a strange question but do you mind telling me what your (ethnic) background is?

Alon

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

He didn't say it was going to happen you moron.
He said he received a phone call telling him that it was going to happen and that he found it strange.

You need to get laid.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Glad to come on and find that nothing happened today in Toronto. pretty anxiety ridden day for the OP after such a strange and horrible call.

Best of all to you OP.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
edit on 4-12-2012 by ribbon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by koadie

When I read this on the RSOE EDIS this morning, I thought of this thread. Vaughan is a Burb of Toronto... and this morning there was a "Nuclear Event" on the Rsoe
"Police have alerted the public after a piece of equipment with dangerous radioactive properties was stolen from a construction site in Vaughan. The soil density gauge was taken from a construction site near Major Mackenzie Dr. W. and Hwy. 27 on Nov. 21. York Regional Police said they’re worried because the gauge contains “a small quantity of radioactive material” that can cause harm if it is damaged or used incorrectly. Police warned anyone who spots the missing gauge to stay at least five metres away and call police immediately. The device has a bright yellow base and was manufactured by Humboldt Mfg. Co. It is used to measure the density and moisture levels of dirt."

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well Koadie, I can tell you that the phone you got scared the heck out of me.
All my financials are physically and electronically tied to a few buildings in down-town Toronto.
For me that kind of situation would have been catastrophic.
Not only mine but I would say 90% of Canadians are totally dependant on the working financial system which is located in that area.
Glad that you identified the prankster as I was not amused.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
To each and every one who jumped to immature name calling, look in the mirror. Also, read the entire thread before posting. ITs so painfully obvious that you all havent, makes ones head spin.

To the poster that said my analogy failed yadda yadda.... I appreciate your attempt to insult me. It was a good laugh. Funny enough to even show my wife who laughed at it as well. So thank you. But back in reality. It was exactly how I wrote it. Once again, because apparently it is, you sir, who fails at understanding; I wasn't talking about the OP's attempt at finding out if anyone else had received these calls. I was talking about the fact that HOWEVER THE HECK HE STATED IT, the end result was him saying there was a possible NUCLEAR ATTACK on Toronto. Hell, even the title of the thread points to such. I'm not sure what you are not getting from that?

Any-who, to those who actually read I apologized, thank you for reading the entire thread unlike others who showed their age by calling me a moron, or an idiot, or an asshole, or whatever else the masses could come up with.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey this is serious, I am taking your message seriously. I am taking this to police... I can't take a chance

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't usually answer calls from numbers I don't know....it seems like all the ones that call my home want to offer duct cleaning services
. I almost always never unknown callers on my cell, I may answer the odd one but if I know you, your number is in my phone.

I haven't read through the comments yet to see if this has been solved yet, but I found it a little worrisome since I live so close to the Pickering Nuclear plant.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Nukeleer because: ugh

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to nuke Toronto? Seriously, who doesn't luv Canada?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by stanislav

stan man, dont even bother. logic and reason has gone the way of new age hippie nonsense. ats used to flame stuff like this... why? because there were people who actually demanded EVIDENCE to back up wild claims. deny ignorance.... sheesh. thats over with. apparently now its 'mean' to demand evidence when someone comes here with a wild claim LIKE A NUCLEAR BOMB IS GOING TO GO OFF IN A WEEK.

I think you are mad that most posters in this thread aren't asking you for high-fives.

He didn't claim what you are stating. He reported about a robot call that he received on his cell phone. What kind of evidence would you suggest he back that up with?

Go ask the pharmacist for a bottle of chill pills.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This has been planned for some time, the highways north of toronto have just become divided and fourlaned to the north. Major medical and cancer centers have opened in the north.

Who knows eh?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I had a private call earlier today with a number I never recognized before but I did not answer it and no message was left.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

I received 3 private calls at 2:40pm, 6:35pm and 7:53pm. I didn't answer the first because I feared a telemarketer or debt collector and figured, 'if it's important, they'll leave a message'. No message was left. The other two came as I was taking a nap. No messages were left from those 2 either.

I hardly ever receive more than 1 private call per day. So it might just be someone I know that doesn't know how (or is too much of a prick) to unblock their number.

And, not for nothing, but I set my cell phone up so that any 'private calls' to my cell go straight to voicemail. I never hear it ring

So to recap:

- an ATS member gets a "hoax" call about an "impending nuclear disaster" (emphasis mine ) The OP never once used the word attack; violence doesn't have to be present for a nuclear incident to occur
- 2 days later this shows up in the Toronto Star
- and just today a Radioactive Soil Density Guage is stolen from a construction site just north of Toronto (thanks to ribbon for finding this)

Hoax or no hoax, my anxiety on this issue is back
edit on 4-12-2012 by sumgai because: Semantics

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sumgai
reply to post by Jobeycool

So to recap:

- an ATS member gets a "hoax" call about an "impending nuclear disaster" (emphasis mine ) The OP never once used the word attack; violence doesn't have to be present for a nuclear incident to occur

Um, its in the title of the thread .

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Oops. My mistake.

I sincerely apologize for my gaff.
edit on 6-12-2012 by sumgai because: Removal of insincere remarks.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sumgai

Oops. My mistake.

Now what?

Now we say I was right and crown me king of the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Right about what?

And who's debating you?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join