It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else receive a strange phone call today? Possible attack on Toronto, ON?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

I suggest you get the hell out of dodge bro

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Out of dodge ? Where is that ?

reply to post by koadie

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Anything on ATS is seen almost immediately by big brother. You have enough of the right words to set off the computer alarms. I think that you can safely say you have reported it.

Keep your ears open for any other similar stories in your private life, here and any other forums you are a regular on.

Just my advice.

P

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

stan man, dont even bother. logic and reason has gone the way of new age hippie nonsense. ats used to flame stuff like this... why? because there were people who actually demanded EVIDENCE to back up wild claims. deny ignorance.... sheesh. thats over with. apparently now its 'mean' to demand evidence when someone comes here with a wild claim LIKE A NUCLEAR BOMB IS GOING TO GO OFF IN A WEEK.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

LOL once again. You're not really comprehending why i posted this thread in the first place. Do i really need to explain it again? Is that seriously necessary? Let me know if you don't quite understand the reasons for why I began this thread. I would be happy to explain it for you personally. But only if you truly can't comprehend. Just let me know. k?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Get out of Dodge

[edit]Etymology
Dodge City, Kansas was a busy cattle town in the late 19th century and the site of a famous set of gun battles called the Dodge City War.
[edit]Usage notes
Frequently used with "hell" as an intensifier. (See also "the hell out of.")
[edit]Verb
to get out of Dodge (US, idiomatic) To leave; in particular to leave a difficult or dangerous environment with all possible haste.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hahahahaha.......!

Come on, Bknapple - relax, pal. What are you - some kind of self-appointed conspiracy theory quality inspector??? Its alarming to read your posts steadily getting more and more worked up - go and crack open a beer or something. Its best to keep ATS and its contents in perspective.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If you really did get the phone call, I say report it.

Remember:
"All that is necessary for evil men to succeed, is for good men to do nothing."

edit on 12/3/2012 by OneNationUnder because: Unnecessarily long post.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well apparently ATS has appointed both of us to supervise after people who are making false claims.

reply to post by Millions

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Lol, yeah by deleting or blocking half the things you say.

Here, the only piece of evidence i could possibly even muster up. Although it proves nothing other than the fact i received a private numbered phone call this evening at 6:44.
postimage.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Interesting. I suspect it might have been one of your friends or co workers. I think if was wide spread, many more people would have posted about it online. Do you have friends or co workers who know about your interested in conspiracy theories and such?

reply to post by koadie

edit on 3-12-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I work freelance, so I don't really have co workers. As for friends, the only people who i possibly think might have done it, i have questioned and asked, and none of them claim to have taken any part in it, and i believe their responses to be genuine. Which leads me to believe it is an automated call, or some sort of random prank ( if its is in fact a work of tom foolery) The call bears the same voice that 'Anonymous' uses and I havent heard a response or call back since the message ended. Further implying it may have been an automated random call, as opposed to someone trying to play a trick on me.
edit on 3-12-2012 by koadie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
since the p.m. of canada just painted a giant bullseye on the back of every canadian for getting involved in affairs it has no right or reason to be in, canada is not the safe, neutral, peace loving nation it once was and was known for.

I smell a definite false-flag if anything were to happen.
It would be too obvious, . . . so highly unlikely.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well if it's not your any of co workers since you work from home and it's not your friends then it's probably an automated phone call received by hundreds of people living in Toronto. It's probably similar to something a lot of marketing companies do. "Hello this is a message from [dealership name, Toronto], we would like to remind you that your oil change is due next week" etc ... I don't think there is anything to worry about. I doubt anything is going to happen and even if it was to it's not like you and I can do something to prevent it from happening.

reply to post by koadie

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Dude, honestly, are you paid to derail topics and make people feel stupid for thinking the way they do?

I can smell your negativity from here, try being less of a douche and maybe people will like you.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack

Dude, honestly, are you paid to derail topics and make people feel stupid for thinking the way they do?

I can smell your negativity from here, try being less of a douche and maybe people will like you.

All I am asking for is proof to backup a claim. thats it. Im not asking for the world. And my point was that there was a time where proof was demanded from members who came posting with a claim. now everything seems as if it is taken on face value.
edit on 3-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Well that's how we're taking it. It's not like we're going out and leaving the city.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
well! it was worth wading through all that unpleasantness to finally learn where that Dodge saying comes from

i don't really have anything to add to the thread proper, except that it seems strange if there was actually something coming down the line, for whoever/whatever to physically call people at random and tell them...
if it's the perps that doesn't seem like it would exactly help them in any way
and if it's somenoe working against them it seems a little futile
i guess all you can do is keep aware and look out for those close to you
though i would hope that's what we all do anyway!

also, angry guy, you call yourself a Locke? John would be so disappointed. either of them. i seem to recall you having great insight previously, did the smoke monster get you? i guess we all have days like that.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
he did ask this

Has anyone else on ATS experienced anything like this?

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by koadie
I am not concerned enough to report the incident to authorities, as I think its far more likely to be a prank than any sort of "real inside information" I don't think I'm that special that I would get selected to be 'saved' if you will. I really wish I hadnt answered the call so it would have gone to voicemail so I could review it further. I will be awaiting beside my phone for any future calls, and i will be sure to post any updates here on ATS.

If you think it was a fake, then why on earth load up your computer, go to ats, and then start a thread about it. ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join