It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else receive a strange phone call today? Possible attack on Toronto, ON?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

yaaaaaawn

this is simple. he posted a thread asking if anyone had a similar experience, so far no one has.

Stop now, your beginning to look really really sad

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by blindlyzack
reply to post by bknapple32

Dude, honestly, are you paid to derail topics and make people feel stupid for thinking the way they do?

I can smell your negativity from here, try being less of a douche and maybe people will like you.

All I am asking for is proof to backup a claim. thats it. Im not asking for the world. And my point was that there was a time where proof was demanded from members who came posting with a claim. now everything seems as if it is taken on face value.
edit on 3-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

Ok shall we put this to bed really quickly here now. What would you offer up as proof if you were in his shoes? Please elaborate for the rest of us following this thread. You already got your wish of it being moved to the grey area, you have belittled the op, and returned several times claim the same things over and over. Ball is in your court......

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet it's one of your friends pulling your leg.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Meldionne1
I'd report it to te police or FBI...I believe that is a form of a Threat.... ..and that Is a very good question as to why you got at call.

Toronto is not in the US. Therefor no FBI. We have cowboys on horses for that.

No seriously.

I think the bigger story here is how the Canadians treat their horses. What is on that horses ass? Is that a maple leaf?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i know people who do this all the time to there friends
they type the message into google translate and use that voice when you press listen
to the message you just typed
edit on 3-12-2012 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Crikey such negativity!
Poster, yor cell phone carrier...............complain to them....they undobtedly CAN trace the call....and validate your call times etc.....
Try them instead of the cops first.....
Kanpple..........be nice for petes sake we ALL get YOUR message.....so STFU

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by koadie
Hello ATS, I would like to share an odd experience I had today. I was taking a break from work today, and went to go check my cell phone, when I noticed a phone call coming through. I had had my cell on silent, but just so happened to check the phone just as this call was coming through. The number was marked 'PRIVATE NUMBER' and I was a little confused and hesitant about answering it, but curiosity got the better of me and I decided to answer it
Upon answering the phone I was prompted by an automated message. The voice on the line was the same voice used by the internet hack group 'Anonymous'. The voice began by telling me that I should leave the city of Toronto, ON within the next week, in which time, the message claimed there would be an impending nuclear disaster. Upon hearing this, I was quite confused and wasnt quite sure what to make of the call I had just received.
At this point, I took the phone away from my face and tried putting it on speaker phone as there were other people in the room, and i wanted them to hear this. Unfortunately, because of either the quality of my speaker phone, or the noise in the room, I was unable to make out much of what i had put on speaker phone. I did manage to hear something about taking off my clothes or something similar and a mention of some sort of bunker.
Then the call just ended.
I have no idea what to make of this experience, it doesnt seem to have been any of my friends playing a prank on me, and if it is someone playing a prank, i cant think of who it possibly could be. This whole situation was very strange. Has anyone else on ATS experienced anything like this?

edit on 2-12-2012 by koadie because: (no reason given)
Thats why I never answer calls marked private.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by stanislav

stan man, dont even bother. logic and reason has gone the way of new age hippie nonsense. ats used to flame stuff like this... why? because there were people who actually demanded EVIDENCE to back up wild claims. deny ignorance.... sheesh. thats over with. apparently now its 'mean' to demand evidence when someone comes here with a wild claim LIKE A NUCLEAR BOMB IS GOING TO GO OFF IN A WEEK.

Apparently some people can not read the OP.
Wild claim? or saying you received a weird phone call and wanted to know if anyone else did?
Deny ignorance? I have seen multiple posters on here try with you.
Mean? No, just ignorant of the facts which were all presented in the OP.

Most people on here, and I would have hoped you would too, have gotten it that this is:

A: A call that this poster received
B: A thread with no fear mongering, just the facts of what happened.
C: Asking for clarification if anyone else received a call as well.
D: A simple no, contact the authorities if you believe it was real, would suffice.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
For some reason, this story completely reminded me of the movie Miracle Mile.

Gosh I love that film.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I agree it is probably some kind of hoax, but I thank the OP for sharing, for this is ATS, and threads like this and many other kinds are the reason I come here, this is not Huffington post and if you are expecting lamestream media stories on this site, I suggest that you don't understand the raison d'etre of this site - it is for DISCUSSING topics such as these.

Anyway, let's play along with this supposed message and think of possible nuclear disasters that could befall Toronto, while not in Toronto I live in the surrounding area and have countless friends and relatives that work and/or live there.

East of Toronto there are two massive nuclear plants, Pickering and Darlington, however due to the prevailing westerlies of North America these are downwind from Toronto, and if either had a major accident they would only have a significant impact on Toronto on one of those rare days when the winds are blowly directly West, which happens less than once a month. However, regardless of the wind direction Lake Ontario would be contaminated and this is Toronto's main drinking water supply, though some does come from the North.

As far as I know Toronto was never any major cold war target, I don't know why Russian or Chinese strategic missle commands would target it, most manufacturing has moved out of the city, the major airport is far outside the city hub, the port in miniscule, and any rail line disruption could easily be by-passed, no oil depots nor any other natural resource stockpiles.

As for terrorists (and I believe much terrorist activity has been goaded/supported by the PTB in order so they could continue to derive control/power/profits from the Military Industrial Congressional Complex after the demise of the Cold War, without terrorists this MIC would have no justification for continuing, terrorists also give them justification for the incremental ramp up of the police state), Toronto has a large Iranian population so it is hard to imagine them wanting to kill so many of their own; there are actually large populations from every corner of the world in Toronto, so any transnational "terrorist" would be killing their own if such a device was detonated in Toronto.

Vancouver would make more sense in terms of a strategic target, if Vancouver and it's environs were destroyed any invading army from the East would have free reign in much of BC, as long as they stayed away from the US borders.

Ottawa would be a more symbolic target, and contains many of the nations leaders, political and bureaucrat and military.

So Toronto only makes sense from the standpoint of a purely terrorist or fear inducing hit.

I hope and I'm sure nothing will happen, peace to all.

edit on 3-12-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by koadie

Please do report it to the police. There are a lot of threats out there that we seldom know about.
Please don't waste your time trying to prove you got the call. Been there, done that. I know, I know you
want to save face ( yours ) but at this point the folks best suited for tracing the call back to the source
is the police, not you. It will be out of your hands then and you will have responded in the best way you
know how. No telling why you got the message but that is at this point without much meaning.
njl51

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Google the movie "Miracle Mile".

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Crikey such negativity!
Poster, yor cell phone carrier...............complain to them....they undobtedly CAN trace the call....

Unfortunately, in Canada, only the Police can ask to have a trace put on a caller/call. You need to have a warrant.

My advised to the OP...Call the cops

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by koadie

That's an easy one.

Analysis:

I'm assuming you *are* in Toronto
So in order to pull this off, your location must be known to the caller.
Either someone hacked into the GSM net and distributed the message programatically to Toronto GSM cells, or ...
The caller knows you and your location

Given the fact that I did not read the headlines about millions of people receiving an anonymous message in Toronto, I exclude the hacking option.

You can figure out the rest by yourself I hope.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by koadie

I've said it before: if it's reported here or InfoWars, it won't happen. Consider ATS the kryptonite for false flag predictions.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I totally agree with Katharos. Also, I think it might be a prank.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I think the bigger story here is how the Canadians treat their horses. What is on that horses ass? Is that a maple leaf?

I wondered that too. Do the RCMP brand their horses?
I kind of hope they just groom that in...with just a little fur clipping...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If it's a "prank" or "hoax", it's a really bad one. Because I don't see anything funny about it.

Assuming the story the OP told is true....

I would call the cops and let them trace the call.

Yes there is a chance it's a prank, but what if there is more behind this?
The caller made a serious threat which IMO warrants that you go to the cops.

And when it would turn out only a "hoax"...then it would also be good to know that the failed "hoaxer might get a visit from the police. So or so..you don't have anything to lose. Go to the cops.
edit on 3-12-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by cavalryscout

I wondered that too. Do the RCMP brand their horses?
I kind of hope they just groom that in...with just a little fur clipping...

You just put a stencil on, wet the hair and brush the coat the other way

Op, I'm thinking hoax, just with no one else mentioning they got a call (not that everyone that replied is from Toronto)
If you think its a hoax and aren't to concerned dont report it but if you think there could be something to it then report it.

edit on 3-12-2012 by christafinias because: typo

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sure hope this is a hoax; my brother lives in Toronto.

As a side, whacky conspiracy note; if there WAS any legitimacy to it, it likely has something to do with "Project Mayhem".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join