It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else receive a strange phone call today? Possible attack on Toronto, ON?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

Good thing I told you then. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Goodbye

Thank you for listening to and respecting the story I came to share.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Dude just thought it was weird, that's all, and wanted to share it with the ATS community, because he thought there might have been a hacking of cell numbers, was curious about the experience, and to see if it might have happened to anyone else. Chill out and don't be a jerk, man.

To the OP and others:

That aside, i'm not sure i would report it, just because i don't like to get the cops or government involved in...anything. Of course, further on in this film the guy doesn't report it, a nuke explodes, the city is decimated, and he wishes he could only go back in time and report it because it was a lone call for help to the wrong number that went ignored. lol Or, the other version, he reports it, they don't believe him, and it detonates anyway. Oh wait, and the other version, where he reports it, then is summarily arrested, tried, convicted, and locked up for terrorism prank.

If you think it was anon, probably just wanting to *try* to create a panic.

But who knows.

Weird.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by koadie
I am not concerned enough to report the incident to authorities, as I think its far more likely to be a prank than any sort of "real inside information" I don't think I'm that special that I would get selected to be 'saved' if you will. I really wish I hadnt answered the call so it would have gone to voicemail so I could review it further. I will be awaiting beside my phone for any future calls, and i will be sure to post any updates here on ATS.

If you think it was a fake, then why on earth load up your computer, go to ats, and then start a thread about it. ridiculous.

Perhaps to find out if anyone else got a similar call? Didn't he ask that in the OP? That would be a perfectly logical action to take if this really happened, and you were wondering if the call was a prank, yet none of your friends would admit to a prank.

I agree that this may have been better off in the grey area. However, I find your aggressive skepticism to be a bit over the top here. I've heard of people getting random calls that was just about this strange. Random pranks do happen, and pranks from friends who want to see the reaction to a running joke do as well.

I understand that a lot of people come here to troll or whatnot, and this is an odd little story, but the post does not reek of outright deception to me. But I understand that around here it can be very popular to "call BS" and that kind of thing wins you brownie points or stars or whatever with other militant skeptics. Some might say that's ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

telling me that I must leave the city of Toronto, within the next week, and if i did not that there would be impending nuclear destruction.

In other words, if you do not leave
there will be nuclear destruction ? . . . at least we'll
know who's fault it will be

edit on 2/12/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
Listen you quack! If you are going to post more of this nonsense I will make sure ATS will ban you. Fortunately you are not clever enough to make your story believable, however I still think it's ridicules that you are allowed to post this nonsense and get away with it.

edit on 2-12-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

hahah omg! I am actually surprised how skeptical some of you are! I am NOT making my story up. jesus. I literally just relayed an experience i had today. I am not going anywhere saying that its actually going to happen. I have mentioned several times, i think its very likely it was a prank. I really don't understand why you feel like you must debunk this story. I was really more interested in hearing if anyone else in the toronto area had received these calls than anything else, and between this and facebook, I thought maybe I would get a bite if it wasnt just a one off prank or something. In which case, I am interested in knowing who it was. Is this such an unbelievable story that you feel you should call me a 'quack'. You sir and that other guy who couldnt handle my story, would probably understand a lot more about the world if you took the time to listen and take peoples experiences into account instead of constantly asking for evidence, or debunking someone who is just trying to share a personal experience without giving them any merit. I rarely post on ATS, but if its this childish, maybe I have just learned my lesson!

Also, i was only making a joke about ' getting out while you can; We both live in the same city, lighten up.
edit on 2-12-2012 by koadie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

telling me that I must leave the city of Toronto, within the next week, and if i did not that there would be impending nuclear destruction.

In other words, if you do not leave
there will be nuclear destruction ? . . . at least we'll
know who's fault it will be

edit on 2/12/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

Haha, let me fix that. What I meant, was that I had the recording told me I had a week to leave toronto, in which time there would be a nuclear disaster. The messaged seemed to be intended as a warning.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'd notify the authorities about it then hope that when you take off all your cloths and step into that bunker its filled with budwieser girls pouring beer and Hooters girls serving wings and not a bunch of other guys from the community that received the same call. That could end up being worse than the actual terror attack.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
For anyone interested that doesn't know, wasn't around, or savvy to this when it was more commonly used:

Telephone Star Codes

Dialing *67 for instance, before dialing whatever number you're going to call will block caller ID on the receiving end.
The person you call will get the message "Private Number", or something similar.

I mention this as, it could very well be you we pranked either intentionally, or even accidentally where the caller used *67, and/or robo-dialed you using computer/software.

It could very well be the next new trend in geeky teenaged fun, you're just the first in what's soon to be blowing up all over the globe as more people share how to do it and ... do it.

Additionally, you may want to do some reverse lookups on phone numbers similar to yours.
For instance, if the last 4 digits of your phone # are 0001, then do reverse lookups for 0000, 0002, 0003, 0004, etc, or just try number on both sides of each number place.
I suggest this as an avenue of curiosity because if you turn up a very similar number to yours listed as a large business, or government building, then, said number could very well have been the intended target instead of you.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If I were in your shoes, I would have posted to ATS as well. One, it might help you figure out if it was a friend of yours. Two, if others have received the call then you know it wasn't a friend of yours.In just figuring those two things out, you may have your answer to go to the police or not. If a prank can or does cause panic it is a legal issue. What if the call lands to someone who takes it as truth and panics to the point of suicide? I know it is what if's but I do not find asking a simple question, should open you to rudeness. I love ATS and will not start a thread because of some of the members attitudes. I am fine with some one proving me wrong, I am not fine with people disrespecting other people. We have a right to disagree with people, we do not have a right to be rude. Sorry OP, I am glad you posted this, if others have received or receive the same call it just might help answer some questions.maybe they are not as brave as you are and wouldn't/won't post the question..

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Unfortunately, his thread is 198 stars short of your prediction. I do feel you brought more attention to the thread, with how you reacted, actually deterring what you were hoping would happen.

Poster- I feel you have the right to post what you want when you are curious..ignore the rude ones. Of course you will have skeptics, we are on a conspiracy site. People who take you seriously will discuss without attacking.

Recently, I had a private call from an automated recording stating I had won a cruise and they needed all my personal info to send me my tickets. However I have a tracfone which is supposed to be unlisted and untraceable. I googled it and realized 100's of tracfone users had gotten the same phony call all within a week. Not necessarily the same situation as you, but maybe your number got put on a list like that and that's why you were called. There are numbers you can contact and report the call to to make sure it won't happen again. You are located differently than I so the number I have will not suffice, but I'm sure there's one you can contact too.

If you get any more crazy calls, record them for us somehow!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
LOL! I must give you props for your reply. I apologize! And why are you calling me sir? I am not that old!

Also even if this number was blocked it can still be traced. I will let you know if I receive any such calls since I get a lot of unknown or private numbers calling me everyday. Do you live or work close to downtown Toronto?

Originally posted by stanislav
Listen you quack! If you are going to post more of this nonsense I will make sure ATS will ban you. Fortunately you are not clever enough to make your story believable, however I still think it's ridicules that you are allowed to post this nonsense and get away with it.

hahah omg! I am actually surprised how skeptical some of you are! I am NOT making my story up. jesus. I literally just relayed an experience i had today. I am not going anywhere saying that its actually going to happen. I have mentioned several times, i think its very likely it was a prank. I really don't understand why you feel like you must debunk this story. I was really more interested in hearing if anyone else in the toronto area had received these calls than anything else, and between this and facebook, I thought maybe I would get a bite if it wasnt just a one off prank or something. In which case, I am interested in knowing who it was. Is this such an unbelievable story that you feel you should call me a 'quack'. You sir and that other guy who couldnt handle my story, would probably understand a lot more about the world if you took the time to listen and take peoples experiences into account instead of constantly asking for evidence, or debunking someone who is just trying to share a personal experience without giving them any merit. I rarely post on ATS, but if its this childish, maybe I have just learned my lesson!

Also, i was only making a joke about ' getting out while you can; We both live in the same city, lighten up.
edit on 2-12-2012 by koadie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I remember before I had a cell and we just used our home phone line, we would use *67 to block and *69 to call back someone who had just called us. Didn't know if it worked for cell phones too!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
if you think the u.s. has porous borders, you can lug a nuke the size of a tractor trailer on a dog sled and nobody would notice.

there a bunch of sick losers and i would report that to the police. they would take it seriously.

since the p.m. of canada just painted a giant bullseye on the back of every canadian for getting involved in affairs it has no right or reason to be in, canada is not the safe, neutral, peace loving nation it once was and was known for.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by koadie

That member calling you a quack just didn't get what you wrote in jest, the way you meant it... This happens all too often when communicating with strangers via text, eh?

I'm not immune to deception, but your account of what happened passed my smell test, whatever that is worth...

I agree with kaidec: Most of us would make a thread over this too, if we were to receive a similar phone call as you described.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kaidec

Why thank you for your reply kaidec. You are right, that is precisely the reason I posted on ATS. I wasnt trying to get 'stars and flags' as some insist. Simply because I dont care about stars or flags! Too American for me i spose. But yes, i thought maybe posting here might help weed out if it was just a friend of mine or if it was some automated call going out to many Torontonians recently or not. In which case, we would certainly BEGIN to compile some evidence. Which in turn would lead to a real discussion! Good point btw, I can also imagine how people might take this quite literally and do something drastic especially with all the 2012 stuff closing in, in which case this could be a very dangerous kind of prank which should be brought to attention as soon as possible. Thank you for your input.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well ladies and gentleman I guess I have one more week to live and then I will disintegrate into nothing more than a nano particle. Can't wait to watch fireworks! Hopefully I wont be sleeping when this large nuclear device explodes over my house.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Are you able to smell what I smell? Because I smell death and destruction after reading his initial post.

reply to post by Sek82

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join