It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

doomsday hysteria grips Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Perhaps people will riot because nothing happened on the 21st? I would not be surprised, so much pent up anxiety it would have to find a release somewhere sheeple seem to enjoy a riot, but complain when the bill drops through the letter box.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I understand that, but I'm sure there are some kooks getting prepared over there also..
The funniest one I seen was from France.. It had something to do with all these people on a mountain and when the 21st comes and destroys the world, a spaceship full of aliens is going to burst out of the mountain and carry them away
.. I think thats a bit more f**ked up than stocking up on food and supplies..
edit on 1-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill

I cannot begin to describe how crap like this angers me.
Rumour after unfounded rumour with no science backing, and we at ATS have sometimes been no better. We grab something sensational and run with it.
There is nothing about the end of the world on the stones.
Go read them. They're boring. Weather, what happened that day etc. I cannot wait until Jan 1 so all I have to listen to after that is Nibiru reruns.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-12-2012 by winterkill because: typop

i would imagine these people would have fared far better than those in NY and NJ after Sandy, nothing wrong with being prepared for nature and her timely fury. something always happens somewhere on earth and i think should realize sooner than later that they need to be responsible for their own welfare should these things occur in their area.

i would also chalk up most of the sales increases for the year to preparations. i think that's a major part of the holiday shopping going on behind the scenes and i'm glad they're doing it.

btw the current state of affairs in our global economic climate should be enough to concern even the naysayers that they should be prepared to some degree, so is it a bad thing really? or a blessing in disguise...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
wouldnt it be crazy if for some nutso reason, all hell breaks loose,
the world stops spinning, completely switches poles, earthquakes, multiple volcanoes
erupt, while a planet killing asteroid hits the earth just as the sun releases a solar flare
5 times larger the the 1859 Carrington event?...

Yeah,, I'd be laughing so hard then..
Me and Charlie Frost

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Since no one asked yet, and I googled it and still don't know what it is that you are talking about here:

Its found in the 33rd circumference of the earth.

Just what is the 33rd circumference of the Earth?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
wouldnt it be crazy if for some nutso reason, all hell breaks loose,
the world stops spinning, completely switches poles, earthquakes, multiple volcanoes
erupt, while a planet killing asteroid hits the earth just as the sun releases a solar flare
5 times larger the the 1859 Carrington event?...

Yeah,, I'd be laughing so hard then..
Me and Charlie Frost
That would make for a really rough day at work.

Personally, I would have to call in sick on a day like that.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by DarknStormy

I name a complete buffoon responsible for a number of fanatical conspiracies with this year and everyone jumps on the fact he's dead.

Um...you do know that Zecharia Sitchin never stated that Nibiru would return this year. In fact, the whole 2012/Nibiru thing was devised by some conspiracy retards.

Zecharia Sitchin actually stated that Nibiru isn't due to return until the year 2900, in his book The End of Days.

Perhaps you should get your facts straight before falsely accusing someone outright!
edit on 1-12-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Russians are as dumb as we are?

Who knew !

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hello there. I live in Moscow, Russia and I can assure you that this is all complete nonsense and lies. Nobody cares about the "end of the world" other than making a joke about the date every now and then. Chill out everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideOpenSpace
Hello there. I live in Moscow, Russia and I can assure you that this is all complete nonsense and lies. Nobody cares about the "end of the world" other than making a joke about the date every now and then. Chill out everyone.
Thank you!

This will be yet another verification of the unreliability of rt news.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by DarknStormy

Why is everyone taking this literally!! I name a complete buffoon responsible for a number of fanatical conspiracies with this year and everyone jumps on the fact he's dead. Who the eff cares? This whole 12 21 12 crap is complete Bull crap and you all know it. His rising from the grave is just as likely as the supposed doom him and all the other pseudoscience preaching mongrals spew coming to pass.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

Sorry, I didn't realise you were using it for comical purposes, my apologies. As for what your saying though, I agree.. The thing is when nothing happens, the rest are going to look like fools. Most likely won't hear or see them again. But that can only be a good thing for humanity I guess. Others will push another BS story to try make a few quid here and there also.

The other thing is, I think nutjobs have hijacked the Nibiru planet X thing when it comes too 2012. They will use anything and everything to make 2012 as dramatic as it could be.. I think they are going to find a dark corner and keep quiet also. Don't sweep the theories under the carpet though.. Just because it seems it won't happen in 2012, doesn't mean it can't happen. There is so much we know little about and we need to keep our minds open just in case.

If anything was to occur in 2012, even 2013, I would be putting my money on a major war. But thats just my opinion. Nothing from the Sky, No Angels and Demons, No stupid Planet, just a manmade event if anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Good I am glad to see that they are thinking ahead and doing preps for what could be a long cold winter. never too many preps. Also even if they do not encounter any power failures or other disaster scenarios, they will have hedged their funds against rising costs of commodities and supplies.

Good.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

Awesome! Look at my post above this one... (Have to say that I wish our political aholes could get a grip on reality and understand that US/Russia or Russia/US deserve to to be friends and not eminent enemies.)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The only thing that I am worried about re Dec 21st is that we are giving completely free reign to the nefarious in this world to take a pot shot at us or anything they like.

Because if they did we would just say it was the Prophecy.........

Seriously, this worldwide hysteria seems too much like an open invitation for those who ride the axis of evil.to me.

(Oh, and if anything did happen I would not have seen my Mum for just about 12 months. That is unnaceptable I am afraid so I will not be standing for it.).
edit on 1-12-2012 by kaptabs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As the date closes in, I'm waiting for a couple of earthquakes or weather events to watch the media start attaching them as harbingers of what is about to happen.
Do earthquakes signal the coming of the end! Stuff like that, building hysteria. Many people sadly still believe anything written in newspapers etc. After all, they have journalist integrity.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't know why they are worried. They don't have their deer being wiped out by parasites, they don't have beef that has been compromised and lost it's GLA from being fed too much corn. They don't have the high ratio of unfightable bacteria that was created by using so much antibiotics and miticides. They don't have bigger Hurricanes and increasing tornadoes. They don't have an unreal economy based on deceit or a government that is so far in the hole with debt that it is going to form a black hole for their economy. Their fear is unfounded in Russia, they should stock up on food and fuel, everyone should do that. No used getting carried away though and panicking, they aren't in that bad of a drought there. I wish I could elaborate more on the Western diet and the stupid things that we consider normal now but that would be fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have close family in Russia and they said that no one is running around and stocking up food or water. No one in my City are even talking about it. Except the conspiracy theorist.

And why do so many of you get upset about this? First of all only one person so far that actually lives in Russia has said that this news is bogus.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Focus on the nature of the collective shift in consciousness happening leading up that day and afterwards... and you can start to see what the 21st is really about and just let these sort of parts of the process work itself out.

Births are complex.

If you get angry, or make fun of how some people are reacting to one of the first truly planet wide memes, you are falling on and contributing to the "painful" side of the birth rather than the attention on the future and positive possibilities after the birth.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaone

They may have an area there that has a possible problem with getting food and the residents are stocking up. That is normal. I can't see the whole country doing this. Keeping a little food supplies for them is probably just everyday common sense. We always do a rush on the stores in America, especially on black friday and other big sales.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This kind of stuff happens all over the world and has been happening for a long time. To get upset as some users seemed to, or even judge them is just plain odd.

I personally keep a week worth of supplies at home, I live in Toronto.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join