It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

doomsday hysteria grips Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please have a look, it is not the prophecy now, it is the hype that becomes dangerous, almost self fulfilling.

P

I'm more concerned with the Law of Affinity, Frequency and Attraction thing and really want people to free their minds, first of all and empty their cups and think positive thoughts, compassionate those in any disasters, we've had a lot already, and in need, and see positive outcomes for each day, for every person always.

If they see patterns and trends in events BLAME TPTB and their technology and truly see nothing they do as winning long term, and them rounded up instead.

Thats how I do it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I have to say I feel shocked at your reply. If nothing else he gathered lots of testimony from people associated with ufo and alien projects; many hours of it! He has repeatedly tried to get congress to look at the phenomena and has been repeatedly stonewalled.

Honestly I have no idea where you are coming from.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Why would you wait til Jan 1st? What angers me is people that don't live there life for today regardless, the energy of the Universe is not based on 24 hour days...the calendar is a way to keep track of the stars, Solar or Lunar, cannot be interpreted by us...preparing for Doomsday is not the answer, Judgement Day is not the problem...we don't need excuses for living for today and being the best person we can be. We need to have True love in our hearts everyday for all living things, there is a combination of factors at play here and we are not aware of 90% of them.

If there is a change of any kind we are not necessarily going to notice, but don't natural disasters occur all the time? It is up to each person to be prepared spiritually for any day as their last.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I dont know if we cease to exist or we transcend to something else on the 21st....Nobody does. The die hard deniers and those who ridicule dont know, they cant know. What I do know is that I feel something is very important about that date. I feel it inside and always have and all the hype surrounding the 21st of December has, in my opinion, been seeded by this knowledge that is inside every one of us, whether you acknowledge the feeling or not.

Respects.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Well Im very sorry, but wether you have been here for two seconds, or two years, means precisely NOTHING! The reality of the situation is this. There are some things that stand up to scientific examination, and there are somethings that do not. There are things that stand up to logical examination (often the same damned thing but there you go) and others that do not.

One does not need a lab coat and a degree to tell the difference between these, because common bloody sense should prevail at one point or another. What I am saying here is that not one bit of reasonable fact checking can possibly, POSSIBLY have been done,using only reasonable and reliable sources, that could have lead to your way of thinking on this matter!

There are NO sources of legitimate information that make a "prediction" about twenty twelve. But, all is not lost, let me give you an example of a REAL probablility ....

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

This near earth object, called Apophis by the goons that name these things, is due to make a close approach to the Earth, in 2029. Although it will pass within thirty thousand kilometres of our planet, well within the circle of orbiting satelites, although by current calculation it is unlikely to impact any of them, or our planet at that time.

There is however the possibility that this object will have its trajectory altered (this you will not find in the linked article) and return to our neighborhood in 2036 or so, dependant on how its shape and consistency shape up, against the gravity of the planet on its first fly by.

THAT is to be concerned about, and actual scientists discovered it! Scientists in Europe have been looking into this with great interest also. In fact theres a whole group of them thinking about this issue right now. It received a mention in a recent episode of a BBC science show.

Thats a real thing, that is currently being given virtually NO attention outside of professional circles,and yet is FAR more concerning than the end of the world scenario presented by the Mayan issue, an issue which has already been debunked by the descendants of the very people who wrote the damned calendar in the first place.

I get aggravated when people fail to use the grey matter they were born with, I accept that. But you will never get me to believe I am wrong to do so. If it hurts, thats unfortunate, but I cannot say with any conviction that I feel bad about it, because though you may think I've been a pig, I can assure you, that your inability to tell the wood from the trees on this subject makes me suicidal. Every time I see someone blindly staggering down the intellectual cul-de-sac of non thought that it, and other psuedo science, mythological clap trap that does the rounds here, it makes me want to be dead. Every time.

So please dont think I was being rude for no reason. You just made me want to kill myself, so really, REALLY, dont get on your horse about how hurt YOUR feelings are. You have no idea.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You mean the Greer that charges people to board an invisible spaceship. No bs artist you say?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Your anger is overpowering over a subject that is in your view "Bunk". I would advise that you take a break from the boards for a while if you really feel suicidal and wish you were dead because someone is not as scientifically aware as you. I post this with empathy and concern...

Respects.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Here it is, Steven Greer, is a straight up liar at best, and ill informed at worst. He is a self loving, narcissitic wretch, who has no ability to study things scientifically and actually achieve results by this method, at which point he likes to involve himself in meditational methods of contacting aliens, which have NO capacity to be proven what so ever, and never will.

So he can collect the testimony of whom so ever will please him, but as for him, himself, and the conclusions that he draws from any particular set of data, they can both go and hang. One is as unreliable as another.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Look, the subject matter is not a problem for me. The existence of people on the earth who have no common bloody sense will follow me no matter which subjects I am discussing, and will not cease to annoy me. I have been dealing with this since I became sentient, so please dont worry about me. Just dont expect me to be all happy happy joy joy about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
"Travel agencies are selling tours to either heaven or hell" This part has me laughing a bit while also scratching my head, would some people really believe this to be legitimate?

Hell is legitimate, (and they are welcome here)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
I dont know if we cease to exist or we transcend to something else on the 21st....Nobody does. The die hard deniers and those who ridicule dont know, they cant know. What I do know is that I feel something is very important about that date. I feel it inside and always have and all the hype surrounding the 21st of December has, in my opinion, been seeded by this knowledge that is inside every one of us, whether you acknowledge the feeling or not.

Respects.

If i remember reading a statement from Scott Creighton, whom has been researching the Pyramids for many years, said something in the calculations of the pyramids has Dec 21 2012 as an important date... Hmmm why would that be

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I dont expect you to be anything...I was sharing actual real concern. Please dont attempt to carry the weight of those who have less assumed "Common sense" than you as it cant be good for you.

Respects

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

doomsday hysteria grips Russia

So does that mean most Russian are ATS members?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Who said an event that has yet to occur, needs any scientific backing at all?

If something unknown is coming, something we haven't seen before.... how can science possibly suggest it?

Dec 21 is shrouded in mystery that it seems only the ancients knew what may be coming.

if anything is going to happen, its going to be something we haven't seen before.

And it will come like a thief in the night, because we have no idea to expect it. Especially since most of us are so conditioned to dismiss anything to do with a possible doomsday, or awakening, or some kind of world ending or paradigm shifting event.

the last 'end of calendar' was in 3114BC according to the Maya, so let's at least look for some catastrophe in our history...then make calculated guesses at what the universal damage might entail....this time at winter solstice in 2012

Start of 5 Ages, per Maya time: 23,588 BCE
first Maya Calendar 'end date' @ 18,468 BC
2nd Maya Calendar 'end date'@ 13,348 BC
3rd Maya Calendar 'end date' @ 8,234 BC
4th Maya Calendar 'end date' @ 3,114 BC

although we cannot predict just what might happen at the 'End Date' of this 5th Age (13 Baktun Maya Calendar) we can cross off the likely catastrophies that already occurred in our history as this 'The 5th Age" End will be Unique

likely events in the past Age Ends:
ice sheet melt, great flood into Mediteranian and then Black Sea, start of agriculture /end of tribal hunter-gatherers. first city-states & cosmopolitan society, begin writing, end of goddess paganism as cultural model & replaced with Patriarchal religious thought...

i suspect some thing 'cosmic' will take place in the current End Date age in 2012....
perhaps it's the 'Kill Shot',
maybe its 'the Galactic SuperWave' disguised as the 'wormwood' event in Biblical prophecy...

our collective subconscious is truly going to extremes, but 'That's the Novelty' of the End Date

edit on 1-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have been a prepper for more than 25 years. It isn't because I believe in some doomsday scenario but I just believe in being prepared...period.

If something catastrophic happens then I figure I will be way ahead of most people but in reality it could be something very mundane.

last year I blew out 2 disc's in my back twice and had 2 surgeries where my spine was fused. I was off work for a year and had very little income. My family never had a noticeable difference in our lifestyle. menu or any other hardship due to our stored preps. (other than having me around the house 24/7 for a year)

Whether an apocalypse happens or you fall off a ladder and break your back being prepared covers all scenarios.

No matter what happens you will need food, water, shelter & medical supplies....

It's not about being crazy and hoping for the end of the world..... It's about being able to take care of yourself no matter what happens!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this right here is an example of a person who has the right idea. Preparedness for its own sake, rather than out of fear of a specific, and often utterly unfounded doom!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog

You mean the Greer that charges people to board an invisible spaceship. No bs artist you say?

And you have no idea that ufos can cloak and uncloak at will?

Why bother with the topic if you are going to be closed-minded?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Something I tell everyone I know that should be prepping.
Look at the Natural disasters that have been happening more oftern.
hurricanes
Mass flooding
Tornadoes in places that dont usually get them.."Italy as of late"
Those alone are reasons to prep as we all should know, unless of course there are still some
that live information isolation.

And it is rather plain to see here in the US for example how Our Own government does such
fine job helping the people in crisis..

Expecting someone else to feed you in a crisis in just plain stupid.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
In other news, in the Mayan Riviera they are offering some great resort and hotel deals for 2012-21-12. A few promotional offers say that they will not charge you for your trip if the world ends! Which isn't half bad.

This is pretty innocent marketing in my opinion though, and doesn't bother me. It was the viral efforts in the last 3 years that went well beyond what should be considered acceptable by the audiences it has been targeting.

I'd LOVE to read the small print on that 'special' deal. What to them clarify's as the 'world ending'? For some businessmen, dropping their phones in a river could cause their 'world' to end when they miss an important call.
If I was bothered about having a holiday to the Mayan Riviera, I may try and push my luck with that deal!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join