It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino Residents Told To 'Lock Their Doors,' 'Load Their Guns'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So, according to this article frm 2011, S Bernardino has the 3rd largest gang population in the US. It is topped by LA, which is right next to it.

San Bernardino County has the third highest gang population of any county in America, according to numbers released Friday by the FBI.

Los Angeles takes the top spot with a total of 68,208 identified gang members, the FBI's National Gang Threat Assessment for 2011 reports, followed by Cook County in Illinois with 60,125 and San Bernardino County with 40,558.

www.vvdailypress.com...

Imagine that, Cook County Il. is the number 2 county for gangs, Obama's old stomping grounds.

So, with this information, we are to believe that all this gang activity and crime is all the fault of the evil corporations. How about we look at the fact that jobs nationwide have dried up as a result of people unfriendly to business in the WH? But gangs have been around since the 70's, so let's try and look at all the factors.
I remember driving down a major street in 09 seeing all the businesses which were just thriving months before all boarded up. It was a street near some of the most prosperous tourist attractions in the States.
The Globalists are bankrupting our country and running business to other countries. Taxing businesses is NOT going to make it better.
What folly is centralized bureaucratic control combined with a "Soak-the-rich" thug mentality.

Marxism is deadly.
edit on 1-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Also happens to be where gun ownership and self defense is illegal.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Use that site quite a bit

On the upper right :

Federal tax revenue 2.4 trillion
Income tax rate 1.1 trillion
Payroll tax 850 billion

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Why is it the corp heads at fault? Why blame corp heads for politicians who are crooked or simply can't manage a budget? Should the corporations come and save these cities with their profits so that these crooked city managers can spend spend spend some more? What a joke. From what I've read on these posts this town is a wasteland anyways, gone long ago. Let the city burn!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It won't really matter when the San Andreas fault slips.

Then there will be something to complain about.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yes Cook County has always been rich in gangs. I grew up in Roseland before Obama became community organizer there. I always wondered why nobody bothered to check it out to see what kind of a job he did there. I mean that was one of his claims to fame wasn't it? Obama the community organizer?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Communist Party USA celebrated the re election of Barack, and backs his economic plan to raise taxes and not do any spending cuts, and Nancy Pelosi backs giving the Prez unConstitutional control of raising the debt limit infinitely. Ane we wonder why there is chaos in the land? The whole thing has been engineered by the Globalists and World Communism.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

i'm not a communist, but tell me none of that is true. there is nothing wrong with a market system. there is something wrong when you act like what you think a capitalist should act like.

maximizing profits at the expense of those you employee. like using slave labor in china to make a sneaker for $1.30 and selling it in america for $200.

firing people because they didn't meet your companies "quota" not even thinking if he has a family, kids, a mortgage.

seeing people as numbers and the only motivation is the bottom line, especially when you're worth billions.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is just a prelude to something much much worse. If the rumors i hear are correct we're in a depression worse than 1929. This house of cards is about to get blown away by a tornado.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
maximizing profits at the expense of those you employee. like using slave labor in china to make a sneaker for $1.30 and selling it in america for $200.

What about California companies, warehouses, distribution centers and manufacturers using illegal immigrants for cheap labor, paying off the corrupt state and local officials and paying 3rd world wages, while using government benefits and entitlements to help their cheap labor forces survive?

You may not believe it, but I have seen it in action and the conditions these (mostly Mexican) people live and work in right here in the USA (California) would shock you.

The level of corruption that enables this is even more shocking, and they get away with it.

Is it any wonder why the immigration laws in California are so relaxed and why there are so many illegals there now, with many more coming in daily?

They are essentially a cheap foreign workforce made available through payoffs to corrupt state and local governments, and ultimately Americans not only lose jobs and opportunities, they have to pay more in taxes to keep the system running.

Even the Chinese would admire the way things are going in these cases.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Corporations the problem lol lol
The state of calif is the most corporation unfriendly state in the US.

First because they have already driven so many corporations out the only way they can make money from the few remaining corporations is to keep increasing fees and taxes on them.

This only drives more companies out of the state.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

In San Bernardino, anyone who doesn't " Lock their doors and load their gun" ? Has got to be out of their mind.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
California a state that has a lot of problems that are now coming to hit home.

The fact that this is happening, should not be suprising, or unexpected. When cities in a state are losing their ability to borrow money, the state has to issue IOU's to its employees, where promises were made and not met, where city government is corrupt, and federal laws are fully ignored, and unions are so involved in politics, is it any wonder?

Having lived in the state, it can be stated that this is rampent, and it is slowly failing, while states can not declare bankrupcy, California is running a deficit of 16 billion, and a debt of 617 billion dollars. And that is the state, not the individual cities. So that means many of the cities can not even rely on the State for help, and yet they refuse to cut back.

To make matters worse, the laws and regulations that regulate business in the state, are more often than not a mass of red tape where it is difficult for a business to run. Having lived in southern California, and working in the gas/convience store, it was amazing to see all of the different regulations that were required for running such. Not only did we have to comply with the federal and EPA, but also the state, county and city regulations, and all of it had to be followed to the letter. Starting a new business was hard, unless you were associated with a coporation. And all of it could be stopped by a challenge by the local community or any group who decided it did not like what you were doing, costing more money and time.

So is it any wonder that many businesses are leaving the state, and looking for more favorable states to set up? And don't think that Walmart is not feeling the effects of such. The last year that I was living there in Southern California, Walmart wanted to start to convert many of its stores to Super Walmarts, and many city councils were not only against such, but were holding hearings to hear about the viablity of such, and in the one I heard about, it was denied, seemed like many of the neighborhoods that would have benifitted from such were going to be denied.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by winterkill

San Bernardino is an awful place to live. Gangs, Meth, ect. If I lived there I would already have bars on the doors and windows and sleep with a gun.

just stopped through there on a greyhound bus to las vegas... hopped off the bus to run to the nearest convenience store.. man.. what a WASTEland...

IIMO... the first places that will become complete wastelands.. are the ones that already are on their way there..
and the civic engineers know that..

the planned destruction of america is going to happen fraction by fraction .. detroit by detroit .. san bernardino by san bernardino...

in that order.

I have had the displeasure of stepping foot in both Detroit and San Bernadino. Scary places indeed. I'm from Indiana, and my hometown is smaller, around 35,000. The jobs are few and far between, and the ones that do exist are minimum wage dead-ends. Drugs and crime are much worse, and the whole town is a sad shadow of what it was while I was growing up there. It depresses me to go there and to see it.
I live in So Cal now...but honestly, I really don't know where else to go. The upper plains states? The mountains?
I have to work, and I have to live where the work is. if I was a rich fat cat CEO, of course I could go build a dream bunker in Montana ( or somewhere similar ) and just grow old and wait for the STHTF...
people have to live somewhere...what's happening in America is sad indeed.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What guns?? Only the criminals have guns in California. It nearly takes an act of congress to get one....I guess people could start building their own spears and stock up on baseball bats....OR they could legally purchase a crossbow

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 2-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
As they should..
Do you guys know how many active serial killers I am in San Bernardino..

Ahhh Just kiddin'

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
When I was a teen I wanted to be a cop, and used to go on ride-alongs in San Bernardino- it is a rather dangerous place!!

Well technically, if you're riding in a cop car, pretty much everywhere you go will seem dangerous.

That said, it doesn't have a reputation as a very safe place. But the arguments here confuse me. I've probably seen every argument in the world, including the importance of old-time folk music to raising children properly, being put by someone in in the Bay Area by t-shirt, bumper sticker, facial tattoo, what have you, but I have never seen a single anti-gun message anywhere. Maybe it's just assumed, like the way I don't see any "don't kill kittens" badges or signs.

I believe sanely regulated gun rights are very important. But it does seem a bit odd to read 'Oh no, there's not enough guns so all the people with guns are a serious problem'.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Shakey, Shakey... Splash!

WHAT WAS THAT?

I don't know... but, I feel better already

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Sorry I have never heard of the place before but it does sound like it is outa Sons of Anarchy.
Oh well at least the weather looks nice

The Hells Angels were started in Fontana, 23 miles west of SB, or 2 roads over. That might be why.

I was born in SB, it was a slum back then, I'd hate to see it now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join