It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Good Because The Feds Will Use All Your Facebook Likes And Dislikes Against You In Court

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I can smell the paranoia.

its just a single case, and also... if you're bringing attention to yourself online by posting something perceived as a threat; you're just asking for it.

that's all I can say.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This reminds me of how You tube keeps prompting me to put my real name! I never had a facebook account but I do realize that TPTB will be able to link our user names with our real names on any web site! I still think by letting any of this censor our posts is exactly what they want of us and is probably why this disinfo comes out in the first place! They will have to pry my pen from my cold dead hand! Never give in and never submit ATS!
Someday we will take back our world or die trying! God bless all that endevor to fight for the freedom and equality we all need to prosper and god help all those that submit to oppression!
edit on 1-12-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: >>>>.......>>>>

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Facebook used to be so much better when it was just a thing for college students granted it still could have had some negative drawbacks to it like a lot of things but it just felt...better? Either way interesting that they would use likes and dislikes in court. Curious about the story but every time I click one of the links I get a whoops not found or just doesn't load for me.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I fear not.

I am a conspiracy nut, a political and religious 'outsider/rebel' and have no qualms or fears in stating and displaying my beliefs.

To those who would peruse my Facebook page, they would find that I am a supporter of open mindedness, freedom, personal rights and responsibility, and the occasional attractive woman.

I do what and as I feel is moral, remain within the law, and am outspoken about my beliefs.

Should any of this put me in the way of the corrupt leaders we have, so be it. I believe, and in turn show my beliefs, in a way that is unoffensive, but possibly(hopefully) thought provoking, and I see nothing wrong with that, nor do I feel any repercussions.

Should preaching liberty, and appreciation of beauty become a wrong, I am more than willing to stand for and defend them.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

There are some who say Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook, is in collaboration with the CIA and hands out information for money, or because he has to. The fact is we really can't know whether he is or not, but if he is, it suggests that the whole concept of social networking is a surveillance program used against us. Sure it's alot of fun to use, but look at the potential of it. It must be the CIA's dream. From Facebook, you're political interests, favorite movies, personal information, your location, regular social activities, all of your friends, you name it....are PUBLIC. They have access to anything on the internet, can we agree on that? They run this country..and if they can prevent a "terrorist attack" don't you think they'll use everything in their power to prevent that? Even if you censor your information from other Facebook users...it's still accessible to the government. They can do anything they want with it. They have the power to manipulate.

I'm not surprised that they use our Facebook information and postings against us...that could have been the whole point of social networking in the first place. Course we never hear about things like that. Even if you don't have a hand in crime..you're shooting yourself in the foot by using it...It's too easy for Facebook to be used against you. I give a fair warning to anyone who uses it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

this truly is ridiculous...

i have a fb account which is used for contacting relatives and friends that live in other countries.. have been pondering awhile about deleting it though.. however should you not be able to post whatever you want, as it is your own personal profile and what about freedom of speech..?? ugh.... it pains me to see that everyday the world is going down a deeper and darker black hole - i truly hope that we the people can do something about it..

because it just aint right... screw the FBI i do not care, i shall share what i like and i shall like whatever i agree with or pleases me... how they could ever think to use a like or a share as evidence is beyond me...

this is how i feel when i read preposterous news like this...

s+f for thee OP ..)))

I really like the picture! it is true. We must have self control in this world. We must be patient enough and not use our anger to realize that there are those out there who think they are better than us and that they have the right to hurt us. If you believe that one day we will all be held accountable for our actions, then you can believe that one day the common people, such as us, will not die in vein.

We will do what we can to fight back, passively and aggressively, but let them not break our spirits!

edit on 1-12-2012 by onceinalifetime because: The text was hard to read as it was inserted within the quote that it was supposed to be quoting...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Anyone that uses their real name on facebook AND posts controversial material or "likes" is a fool

And you think by posting on this forum under a pseudo name discussing controversial topics that makes you invincible? By your standards it makes you just as much of a fool. Using a fake name doesn't make you invincible, they still know who you are.

No offense meant here just an observation.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sometimes, when I'm bored, I imagine some poor NSA or Cybercommand soldier, laying on a couch, staring at the ceiling, tears in his eyes, saying the words....

It was all good. Man my life was great. Until that one day they started having me watch Hefficide on FB and ATS. After that... well a man can sometimes see things that he'll never unsee...."

This is, pretty much, my happy place.

Oh, and to that NSA agent. If you start mailing me half your meds, I'll start going a bit easier on ya.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is the scariest thing I've read in a while. Not that I'm surprised.. but sometimes even the most obvious injustices surprise you once it's confirmed that they're real.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

We've been getting conformation (at least on facebook) for quite a while now.

It's just the obvious question of:

Is a surveillance/police state worth it to catch that hand full of dumb asses? 99.999999999% of us on facebook aren't a threat, yet we are (probably) all being watched. (it isn't like Osama or whoever really matters has a facebook account.)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

*Zombie Chant* If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide, than it's nothing to worry about. If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide, than it's nothing to worry about. If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide, than it's nothing to worry about. If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide, than it's nothing to worry about. If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide, than it's nothing to worry about. If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide, than it's nothing to worry about.

Good zombies, now don't mind those cameras we are installing in your bedroom. You have nothing to hide, do you?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think the only way to solve this issue is to overload the system with info.
Our own disinfo on a mass scale.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Someday they will read your mind, and use the info against you....oh yeah they do that already. What you say, write, and do, comes from your mind. Mind yourself.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No, the only way they could connect SN to "you" is if you give personal id info on here, ATS gives up your IP or your ISP is already monitoring your activities.

LOL...please, don't ANYONE believe that! You don't need to be a government organization to connect that information. There are corporations, amd even individuals with enough relational database info to connect just about anything. Have you ever used the same PC to access ATS and also access your personal email? Ever forward an email from work to your personal email? Ever share contact information with a customer, or have a record of your employment somewhere on-file? Simple as that, and that's just one way. "they" don't need permissions or gifted information from anyone. Total access to the entire internet is what "they" have, and there's very, very few people planet-wide with a truly anonymous online presence.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Yep. Even something as simple as sentence structure, punctuation preferred word choice can be used to identify individuals from millions of samples.

That genie is already out of the bottle. The good news? We can do it too....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Anyone that uses their real name on facebook AND posts controversial material or "likes" is a fool

And you think by posting on this forum under a pseudo name discussing controversial topics that makes you invincible? By your standards it makes you just as much of a fool. Using a fake name doesn't make you invincible, they still know who you are.

No offense meant here just an observation.

Maybe so but I wont make it any easier on them.
I know that if the Gov wants to know who is posting what, they can but others dont have that "power" like employers that spy on employees or people that stalk other people.
Why make it easy for them, why put your full name and pics and personal information publicly available for anyone to see?
10 years ago, the thing was internet privacy. Now if you want privacy, youre "hiding" something.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm so sick of articles about facebook and how it's bad for you - like anything else, it's all about how you use it and careful moderation. Simple mathematics people. Keep your profile limited - limit access to people you don't know. Don't add thousands of people you "met online" because they aren't really your friends and god only knows what information they are sharing about you. Nothing is private online!

I have a total of 58 people on my list. I delete lurkers and silent users after two or three of months if they have remained inactive. I have exactly one person on Facebook that I haven't met in person - well, ok one other one in Denmark but she is family. You get my point.

If you want to keep something private, don't post it. Don't upload personal i

nformation. Do use it for what the site was originally intended for - to keep in touch with family and friends. I rarely like pages or stories on facebook unless I know the artist personally - I make sure it's an official fan page otherwise. If you're stupid enough to follow illegal activity on a social media platform, you're stupid enough to get caught.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

So you don't like something I said... and rather than dealing with it you ask the mods to hide my post? Lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join