It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Good Because The Feds Will Use All Your Facebook Likes And Dislikes Against You In Court

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Be Good Because The Feds Will Use All Your Facebook Likes And Dislikes Against You In Court Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider. com

A recent indictment of American terror suspects revealed that the FBI considers Facebook 'Likes' and 'Shares' admissible as evidence.
Mike Masnick of TechDirt reports that the FBI actually counted how many 'Likes' and what kind of media got those 'Likes' in their somewhat high-visibility indictment of a homegrown terror plot.
Here's a screengrab of the part of the official statement which explains use of the social media:

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-11-2012 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I got rid of my facebook. So stupid anyway. But I think people should be aware that anything that they post anywhere whether it is anonymous or not could be used against them. But likes on facebook?? Come on, that is ridiculous. Sometimes I would just like a picture or a comment just to make someone feel good that was a friend. Geez.

www.businessinsider. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Anyone that uses their real name on facebook AND posts controversial material or "likes" is a fool

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm sure it would be the same case with regards to likes and dislikes on youtube. I'd be very surprised if they werent profiling.

But did anyone doubt that facebook is a data mining tool, all about track and trace? Its amazing the amount of information sheeple are willing to make public about themselves simply because its "online". If someone mailed them a questionnaire and asked them to reveal the same info, they would probably laugh. Ironic isn't it.

Give people enough rope and they'll hang themselves, which is probably the only reason why we have any freedom left, it makes it easier for them to come after us.

Thought crimes 2012. Its a new era in a total regression of our rights and trampling of the Constitution.

edit on 30-11-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If they can't wrestle full control of the internet from the people then they're gonna resort to petty methods like this. Just start a FB page called something like "The Feds took me to court because I didn't like them"

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
(glances nervously at my mini-profile)

Do you think they'd believe I got all my stars in the Science and Off Topic Hobby forums? Really.. I did... I swear! (I'm only half joking)

That's downright disturbing and this is losing it's humor for how open speech and dissent is coming to take on meaning it never should.

By the way, if anyone believes using screen names at ATS makes us anonymous, you're nuts. We're anonymous to each other and anyone can lie to ATS staff and ownership...but Uncle isn't fooled and only slowed down a little by that. Those Alphabet agencies like FBI and DIA wouldn't take but a few minutes to hook screen name here to real name and our street address. Anonymity is just not happening outside of some REAL work and effort..and even that is open to debate for effectiveness, IMO.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What's "radical prom jihad"? We're they going to crash a high school dance?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Anyone that uses their real name on facebook AND posts controversial material or "likes" is a fool

There is no real anonymity online whether you use your real name or not.
How do you think they caught that epic troll Michael Brutsch behind that website "Creepshot"?

Gawker revealed his identity and he faced a lot of backlash.

If you think using a fake name grants you any level of anonymity you really should reconsider that notion.

It does not.

The real solution is to watch what you say online or don't join websites like Facebook.
Then again...they say that not having a Facebook account could indicate that you are suspicious so I guess you really cannot win.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Is there a See Eye Aye and Eff Be Eye Fed site that one can dislike?

Luckily for me, I know better than to be on Fedbook, which tracks everything and employers check it, eg-GF's stalk you, waste of time
edit on 30-11-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No, the only way they could connect SN to "you" is if you give personal id info on here, ATS gives up your IP or your ISP is already monitoring your activities.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is all I have to offer to this thread. Facebook is the new devil, it watches logs, tracks, makes available all your personal details. Although useful in keeping in touch with distant relatives it is a tool, and like any tool is being used for its purpose. To make everything about you open and useable. So my advice is use the link I provide delete facebook for good never log in again, and trust me you will be happier. I took my own advice in August of this year and have not gone back. Do whats good for you and get rid of facebook once and for all.

FACEBOOK DELETE

SaneThinking

They Can only know as much as your willing to post and give them......

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

or maybe they aren't scared of the technocratic a-holes spying on them.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Too bad for you seeing as even if you "de-activate" your account all previous information, messages, posts, likes, will all still be there.

Nothing on facebook is ever "deleted" or "gone".

Sad and disturbing, but true.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What a pleasant lullaby of idiocy to those who choose not to see...Facebook

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
AND your picture is being downloaded into their Facial Recognition software so they can track you anywhere you go (even from satellite perhaps).

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Facebook, like most things, isn't "good" or "bad".
It is all in how you use it and what you seek to gain from it.

I love it because it keeps me connected with friends and family in ways that would simply not be feasable in any other way. Therefore, if we must use words like "good" and "bad" then For MY purposes it is a "good" thing BECAUSE of the way in which I choose to use it.

If YOU think it is "bad" then it can only be because of your relationship to it and your expectations FROM it.

If YOU want to get on a megaphone and stand in the middle of town ranting on and on about how much you hate the government and loudly expressing your support for terrorist organizations that is fine. But, when you end up getting arrested are you actually going to be dumb enough to blame it on the megaphone?

"God damned megaphone"!!!
"I knew I should have listened to my friends and taken that megaphone back where I bought it"!!
"Just goes to show ya, they're monitoring EVERYTHING you say"!

No, asshole, you are begging to be arrested by not keeping your goddamned mouth SHUT!!!
There are ways to go about showing your displeasure of our current Government.
Facebook isn't one of them unless you are also AWARE and OK with the FACT that one day, your loud mouth may catch up with you.

BTW, for all of you F.B. haters out there, this could and WILL just as easily happen here on ATS.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

I have gone throught the process of deleting my account using the link I added above prior to that I undertook a two week clense and deleted all info, all pictures, all likes, and pages that I visited, added only links to pages outlining what makes FB so bad all artciles about the facial recog., lots of exposes on the things the government does then used the link to delete. I do not know for sure if they still store the info but have had friends search my profile and nothing comes up. So to the naked eye the link works and all is gone as far as what they have saved for the alphabet agencies well that I just do not know.

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Don't worry, if they wanted to find a way to get to you, they will. Whether it's Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, internet searches, etc. they will find it or they will make it up. Either way, we are all just a number until we seem to be a threat. Then they get to know our names or maybe even give us a new nickname. Depends how bad of threat you really are.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
this truly is ridiculous...

i have a fb account which is used for contacting relatives and friends that live in other countries.. have been pondering awhile about deleting it though.. however should you not be able to post whatever you want, as it is your own personal profile and what about freedom of speech..?? ugh.... it pains me to see that everyday the world is going down a deeper and darker black hole - i truly hope that we the people can do something about it..

because it just aint right... screw the FBI i do not care, i shall share what i like and i shall like whatever i agree with or pleases me... how they could ever think to use a like or a share as evidence is beyond me...

this is how i feel when i read preposterous news like this...

s+f for thee OP ..)))

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And then you have people like myself, I am going to say what I want to say, think what I want to think, without cowering in fear or living under some kind of rock like most of the people in this thread. Go ahead lock me up and throw away the cell, don't care........ I would never live my life in fear of some boogyman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join