It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Not a Person

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You mean "can't be", right?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

so God has to obey the laws of space and time and dance inside that limit, it gives a paradox, God making something(space,time and laws) that even He cant break. And if he can then He must be above space time not just in it.
While you say that inter-dimensional bothers can interven and break laws then why cant God?
And yes angels do fit that idea.
edit on 1-12-2012 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

so God has to obey the laws of space and time and dance inside that limit, it gives a paradox, God making something(space,time and laws) that even He cant break. And if he can then He must be above space time not just in it.

No. GOD embodies space and time. God isn't a person, it just "IS." In my opinion.

While you say that inter-dimensional bothers can interven and break laws then why cant God?

They don't. If they exist, they operate under the laws of the universe too. Although, they may understand science better than we, and so, appear to be using magic. If any of the Bible stories are true, then this is what I believe explains them. But, in my mind, GOD as an explanation is out of the question.

And yes angels do fit that idea.

Angels, spirit guides, ghosts, ufo's. aliens, you name it. There's more than we can imagine that may exists within the infinite universe.
edit on 1-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

i get you now, so you refuse to admit God can be a thinking, doing entity. Right?
And so the angels may know science that we dont and use it to help. But that could be true for God too to perform miracles but you think God in term of a non living force.
But why does it have to be a physical body to have a mind, cant enery/force be intelligent and aware?
Do correct me if i made any assumption about what you believe.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

i get you now, so you refuse to admit God can be a thinking, doing entity. Right?

Something like that. See, if it turns out that a thinking, doing person did all this stuff to us, then there's really no point to existing, right? Because either I do what this person wants or I get screwed over. Yeah.

And so the angels may know science that we dont and use it to help. But that could be true for God too to perform miracles but you think God in term of a non living force.
But why does it have to be a physical body to have a mind, cant enery/force be intelligent and aware?

Not in the sense that we are, or we'd already be aware of the damage we're doing. But we don't, do we?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

God seems to think he is a person.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

Do correct me if i made any assumption about what you believe.

No, as above so below.

Let's look at this way. You're a thinking doing entity with a body and a soul. Do you consciously visit the molecules that make up your bones, blood cell or toe nails? Well, in my opinion, GOD'S mind/spirit/soul is as big as the universe, which is really big, and his body is as big as the whole universe and all that is.

Just like our body is a machine that has living robot messengers, like RNA and neurotransmitters. etc. there may be messengers within the spiritual universe sending us messages. Just as nations send out diplomats and churches send out missionaries, the universe may also have an organized outreach, both physically and spiritually.

When we go swimming in the ocean, we are in the ocean and yet not touching every drop of the ocean. We may experience a facet of GOD's awareness, as I believe that we can be spiritually compared to drops in GOD's spiritual ocean.

For all we know, GOD is immortal, or at least will live as long as existence persists. I believe that we are also, as a piece of GOD's soul, immortal, and pop in and out of physical existence, whereas, GOD's existence is constant.

I don't believe that anything separates us from GOD. Matter doesn't separate us, nor are we alone spiritually. I don't believe that GOD is separate from creation. I believe that everything is unified.

God isn't dead matter, nor is the universe void of spirit. GOD is a body and soul being. It is a living, doing thing. I see GOD as ultimate logic and ultimate love.

The manifestation of GOD's constantly changing, undefinable body is a result of the affinity and attraction to the "dance" of outside and inside, the physical and the spiritual.

You are, of course, free to your own opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Every knee shall bow and every toughen shall confess.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
God is... every person.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BARAKATUHU
God is... every person.

Every person is their own God.

They are their own energy separate but connected to the original Source.

Kind of like Odo and his pond.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BARAKATUHU

I understand!.. But not every person.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The humanization of god is basic understanding 101. The only thing we have to relate to is ourselves so that's what people tend to do since thinking of god as being other worldly or different looking doesn't make the user more comfortable with him, but make him the same and people can relate. Although 'god' probably is a concept that human's created out of fear of death and unknowing, 'god' is most likely the entirety of the universe we reside in. Without all that surrounds us life would not be possible and in that essence 'god' would essentially be the universe. My two cents, good post S+F.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Thanks so much for your thoughts on this matter. I agree with you; it's too hard (if not impossible) for us to truly describe that which is indescribable, so objectifying it (or personifying it) is the route most often taken, i.e. most accessible.

Wonderful brief description, NoJoker13!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Of course Jehovah God is a real person. He certainly thinks, and has feelings like we do. He can see and hear and communicate, he has location, he is everything that makes a real person.

I guess people will try to philosophize why they think he isn't, especially since they don't know him, that is understandable.

(Psalm 94:8-10) . . .Understand, YOU who are unreasoning among the people; And as for YOU stupid ones, when will YOU have any insight?  9 The One planting the ear, can he not hear? Or the One forming the eye, can he not look? 10 The One correcting the nations, can he not reprove, Even the One teaching men knowledge?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

Of course Jehovah God is a real person. He certainly thinks, and has feelings like we do. He can see and hear and communicate, he has location, he is everything that makes a real person.

.....are you kidding? You have to be. No one is that thick. You claim to be a Christian, yet you declare "God" to be as flawed as we are. Do you read before you post? I...I can't do this. I can't. Sorry. I'm laughing too hard at the fact that this species is irreversibly doomed.

I guess people will try to philosophize why they think he isn't, especially since they don't know him, that is understandable.

When's the last time you had a cup of coffee with this "God" person, eh? Made a photo album, did you? Care to share? Maybe pass on a video recording of you two wrestling in the living room, or perhaps playing video games? Or possibly a sleep over. Yeah, a sleep over with "God" sounds cool. No? None of that?

Then you don't know him. You know what you have been told. Congratulations, you're no better than us. Welcome to the real world, buddy! It isn't so bad over here - you just gotta work for your understanding of the world, instead of throwing it all on faith!

edit on 2-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

The same could be said for Krishna, Odin, and Zeus, just to name a few.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by SubAce

The same could be said for Krishna, Odin, and Zeus, just to name a few.

Well there is a difference. On the one hand Jehovah is alive, and on the other hand those false gods are dead, for one example.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

How do you know they're dead? How do you know that Jehovah isn't a false God?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I walk with God daily. You cannot be a friend of someone or know that person without first knowing their name. I know the name of my God, he is Jehovah. I can learn about him by looking at his book of creation. In creation many facets of his personality and wisdom are revealed. In fact a man can study creation for an eternity and never fully comprehend or grasp the diversified wisdom of Jehovah. Then of course there is the Bible. By reading it daily we learn much about him. And also there are things in life that he does for his witnesses. I understand you may scoff at much of this. I respect you and your beliefs. But mine are firm and sound based on reasoning and solid proof that he has provided. I am sad you have eyes but yet you cannot see these things. But then again it is to be expected for even Jesus said:

(Mark 4:11, 12) . . .but to those outside all things occur in illustrations, 12 in order that, though looking, they may look and yet not see, and, though hearing, they may hear and yet not get the sense of it, nor ever turn back and forgiveness be given them.”

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by SubAce

How do you know they're dead? How do you know that Jehovah isn't a false God?

That is a good question. And there are many ways to answer it. A simple one that comes to mind is Jehovah's test of godship that he has met and the challenge he has given to the other gods which they have failed to meet, not one god at any time has ever met his challenge.

Jehovah himself said he would raise up for himself a people selected out of all the nations of the earth to give them his name. And that we would be witnesses of him to the nations:

(Isaiah 43:10, 11) . . .“YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

(Acts 15:17) . . .in order that those who remain of the men may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah. . .

Jehovah also challenges ALL OTHER gods to raise up for themselves witnesses (as he himself has) to witness to the nations in the name of said god:

(Isaiah 43:8, 9) 8 “Bring forth a people blind though eyes themselves exist, and the ones deaf though they have ears. 9 Let the nations all be collected together at one place, and let national groups be gathered together. Who is there among them that can tell this? Or can they cause us to hear even the first things? Let them furnish their witnesses, that they may be declared righteous, or let them hear and say, ‘It is the truth!’”

The fact that Jehovah has raised up witnesses for himself out of all the nations and unified them and sent them with his message to the nations as to what is about to happen is a strong proof of his godship. Of course he himself will complete the proof when he does reveal himself to the world. As for all the other gods? None of them have raised up witnesses for themselves. And none of them have sent their witnesses to me to tell me what is to happen.

Until* a Zeus's Witness, or a Jupiter's Witness comes to my door to proclaim the future and his interest in my well-being, I have no reason to believe in their* existence.
edit on 2-12-2012 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join