It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Not a Person

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

GOD does not "need to understand" anything, and is not "withholding" answers.

Your "God" has no consciousness, not being a person, so has no understanding or answers to either reveal or keep secret.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thx, wildtimes, can you endure your riddles.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Your "God" has no consciousness, not being a person,

Wait, are you implying that only PEOPLE have consciousness?

I disagree fundamentally on that one. Animals also have "consciousness"; and many feel that plants do as well...
This seems to be a very limited and narrow view of GOD, jmdewey. People are not the ultimate perfection, not even close. Ergo, God is not a person. I already said GOD is a force that we cannot understand.

Trying to give GOD a human shape and human qualities is, in my opinion, quite jejune...and inappropriate. But, that's just what my tiny indwelling Spark of God has led me to conclude.
edit on 3-12-2012 by wildtimes because: woops, not "jw", jm. jmdewey

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Thx, wildtimes, can you endure your riddles.

Is English your second language? This sentence (question) asks if I can "endure" -- as in "suffer through" or "see to the end" -- my riddles.

Of course I can. I made them up.
I'm sorry, Angle, but I don't understand what you're trying to say or do here except cast me as a demon/unclean, and deliberately derail a pretty interesting thread.

You said, GOD IS NOT A PRISON. That was the only thing pertinent to the conversation. You've been asked to give further explanation rather than making declarative remarks. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to communicate with you.

I don't understand you. It's YOUR job to present your thoughts in a way that others can understand if you want them to respond or comment.
What is up with the one-line posts and threads in your profile? Looks like either drunken rantings, psychosis, trolling, or some other voodoo kind of thing, but I'm telling you, YOUR IDEA IS NOT COMING ACROSS loud and clear.

As in "10-9"? Repeat? What? Pardon? ....

edit on 3-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Trying to give GOD a human shape and human qualities is, in my opinion, quite jejune...and inappropriate.
The thead title is about God being, or not being a person.
It is not about whether God is a human or not.
I told my dog she was a person but only an honorary human, living with them, and sort of speaking and understanding the language of humans.
We are honorary gods, living with (in god's universe) and speaking and understanding a certain kind of language that defines that universe.
edit on 3-12-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

It is not about whether God is a human or not.

Person = Human.

I think we are having semantic issues here, jmdewey. A "person" is an individual, free-willed member of the human race. God is not a free-willed member of the human race who sits up on a cloud and watches while he's picking his nose and getting up the motivation to fix the mess humans have made.

Beyond that, yes, we are all parts of GOD - your dog, I, you, the trees, the oceans, the sky, the fishes and whales and dolphins and positrons and neutrinos and gravity and weather and stars and the vastness of space. All of it.
edit on 3-12-2012 by wildtimes because: fix username reference. Sorry, dewey.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

God is not a free-willed member of the human race who sits up on a cloud and watches while he's picking his nose and getting up the motivation to fix the mess humans have made.

Many actually think this, and this is not of good. Father is here and the other places more than you think. He is actually here now, watching, and fixing, and speaking to all. But, many just do not listen.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Many actually think this, and this is not of good.

Well, welcome back jhill!!!
I wondered if you were lurking (or hovering, or whatever you do)....and I'm glad you joined in. I'd hoped you would....

Now, in your post you said "many actually think this." I'm not sure what "this" refers to.
That he is not a human or a person? Or that he is a person?

Sorry, just want to understand which part you feel is not good.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Well, welcome back jhill!!! I wondered if you were lurking (or hovering, or whatever you do)....and I'm glad you joined in. I'd hoped you would....

I had to smile on this one.

Now, in your post you said "many actually think this." I'm not sure what "this" refers to. That he is not a human or a person? Or that he is a person?

I was referring to your post about him just sitting above and watching.

He actually is doing more fixing than speaking, because of where man has come as a whole.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I was referring to your post about him just sitting above and watching.

He actually is doing more fixing than speaking, because of where man has come as a whole.

Got it.
So, God is present and active. That's what you're saying, right? I agree with that.

I think a lot of people are just assuming "he's on break" or something. Frankly I'm weary of all the "doomsday" stuff - it creates stagnance and dissonance and hopelessness and a sense of futility. Oughtn't God to -- get busy, for lack of a better term -- being a little more "apparent"?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Got it. So, God is present and active. That's what you're saying, right? I agree with that.

Yes, correct.

I think a lot of people are just assuming "he's on break" or something. Frankly I'm weary of all the "doomsday" stuff - it creates stagnance and dissonance and hopelessness and a sense of futility. Oughtn't God to -- get busy, for lack of a better term -- being a little more "apparent"?

He is surely not on break. There are so many "events" that are done over, because of man, or even sometimes below. They are getting much bolder, than before.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You see, I think everything is occurring the way it's meant to, and that people are just impatient and looking for some huge undeniable earth-shattering arrival of something that's already here, already at work, and moving at the pace appropriate for what it is.

Who are we to "hasten" the course of Nature? All changes, yet all is complete. Time is a construct and function of our physical beings. All of Creation is changing, at every instant. Just as my blood carries nutrients, oxygen, and moisture throughout my body....and the jet stream and gulf stream ebb and flow above us...
the Creation is working as it should except insofar as it gets poisoned by us, and minimalized by us, and misrepresented, misunderstood, and moves at a pace far too "incremental" for us to fathom.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You see, I think everything is occurring the way it's meant to, and that people are just impatient and looking for some huge undeniable earth-shattering arrival of something that's already here, already at work, and moving at the pace appropriate for what it is.

Yes, it is working as it should be. But, many do not see what has to be fixed in order to keep everything on the correct course. So, many think as you do. But, above has to step in a lot to fix certain situations.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So, in that case, "faith" is believing that there is forward momentum whether we can see it or not.
"Above" includes entities unseen and subtle, but even they are not "GOD." They are part of CREATION, keeping it from expiring...

?? Every cell in existence has its duties and reasons for being.

(I don't get what's with mosquitoes, poison ivy, or ticks, though. Bad news. Memo didn't reach my inbox.
They just "are." )

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So, in that case, "faith" is believing that there is forward momentum whether we can see it or not. "Above" includes entities unseen and subtle, but even they are not "GOD." They are part of CREATION, keeping it from expiring...

Correct. I include Father/Mother/Brother in above as well.

(I don't get what's with mosquitoes, poison ivy, or ticks, though. Bad news. Memo didn't reach my inbox. They just "are." )

Below was allowed to put some things here as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Below was allowed to put some things here as well.

Well, there you have it. Troublesome lot.

*sigh*

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It's alright, you are enslaved.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

*sigh*
You seem to be unrelenting in your riddling. Okay, fine, I'm enslaved and that has NOTHING to do with the discussion.
I give up. No entiendo. I do not get what you mean, and I'm rather too busy to keep trying.

Thanks, though, for the cryptic "pardon" for my ignorance or whatever that was. I guess.
Too bad we're unable to have a dialogue.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Your "God" has no consciousness, not being a person, so has no understanding or answers to either reveal or keep secret.

When you can literally be anything, do anything....when you are one with the very essence of this universe, there is no thinking. There is only at-one-ment, nonexistent as an individual but omnipresent as a unit, until you once again break away and start the whole cycle of experience over again.

Something that is omniscient, that knows everything, will experience no train of thought, because every thought it will ever think is already known. In less than a second, its entire existence will all be memories, will all be the 'now', in one everlasting moment of perfect clarity. Therefore, it seems to me as though it would be impossible to think like a person, in regards to "God". So then why is he always protrayed as having an anthropomorphic character? Thinks like a man, feels like a man, makes threats like a man...an old Roman tyrant, at that. Surely something of such complexity would be a bit deeper than that? No, it's not complexity that confuses me. It's the clarity. The clear nature presented by such a being. How someone could know so much and still cause such pain...it's inconceivable. Thousands of his people, destroyed by fiends in a holocaust. Needlessly slaughtered, even as they prayed. How many did he save? How many did he deliver, making an extravagant entrance and rescuing his faithful? Even a miscarriage would have solved matters. Hitler would never have been born.

So, if everything was known in the space of a second, every blade of grass and every human and every little breeze, everything from A to Z that ever existed and ever will exist, their entire existence intimately witnessed from the first molecule's birth to the last molecule's death...then forever is a lot shorter than I imagined. Is your "God" so hyper that he can't sit and watch the entire lifespan of this universe longer than it takes to blink? And since he knows every choice he will ever make, he's essentially watching a movie that he wrote, filmed, and produced all on his own. He sets it up, puts it in motion and stands back.

That's the most logical conclusion I can come up with. And it would work if he weren't a sadist. He knew everything that would happen. EVERYTHING. And he still put every last little piece into play. There's entire franchises of chaos and misfortune that he could have prevented by changing one small thing. And that also means that even as he designed hell, he knew exactly who would sit in each seat as he crafted it, and why. Yet he still didn't change anything in their life. Let them earn an unmistakable sign every so often, a token of his appreciation. None of that. Only temptation after temptation, just to watch us dance.

No, there's a very special design that holds no bias, because laws of nature can only be exploited, not broken. That's the reason for the church's campaign. Certain religions are much better at exploiting the laws, and that gave them more power. After the church put an end to that, it completely remade the idea of "God" into the whimsical fancy it is today. Perhaps they were protecting us. Maybe they thought we'd become a warring species even sooner if we had those resources. Who knows, really?

So like I was saying - consciousness seems kinda impossible considering the required nature of such a being. Thinking, feeling, all of that completed in under a second. The entire universe is alive, birth to death, for a mere moment. Perhaps that moment has already passed. Maybe, because of the omniscient nature of this "God", we are being remembered vividly and distinctly, living our entire lives alongside all of creation for a single second in his head. Just a memory, a passing thought, small enough in comparison to his intellect that billions of years expire with a breath.

And we, as this pitiful minuscule dot in a vast expanse of recollection, speeding like a bullet through the mind of "God" and out the other side, are so intent upon serving the being whose thoughts we live in. In that respect, we are the memories of ants beneath his feet. We are nothing. So really, we should live our lives the way we want, the way we feel is best.

You know...just a thought.

edit on 3-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Beautifully expressed!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join