It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can make my thoughts become almost silent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
reply to post by Dustytoad

I UNDERSTAND YOU. So the effort to bite my lemon is hard for you to muster. What happens if you exercise?

I can't be bothered with movement

but yes maybe I should go do something, haha..

And if I could afford lemons... but that's another story.

That's why I am combining the One Command with Carrot Mode. And later on I could be in this state with other people in a non local way.
edit on 30-11-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
People attempting extirpate rather than sublimate an aspect of themselves—this is the hilarity of new age philosophy. "Destroy it, we don't need this part of ourselves." But all they end up doing is hiding it and not changing anything.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassiveObserver

I call it "Quantum Thinking" I know exactly what you are talking about though. Almost like you have to slow waaaaaaaay down in order to speak, type, and communicate.

BRING ON THE TELEPATHY!!!!

Yes..

It's also why my handwriting sucks.. Because it hurts to write slow enough for clear letters to form

It's why I mumble and run words together.. Silly tongue too slow..

It's like I don't have to move to think... My thoughts are not on a train, or atleast if they are it's warping recombining ordering tracks... So yes quantum thinking sounds like a great way of saying it.

Ive been practicing lately to think in all words.. So that I can have both ways of thinking in that crazy head of mine. I'm sure this is the best way.. Have both.
but dang is it limiting..
edit on 11/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
People attempting extirpate rather than sublimate an aspect of themselves—this is the hilarity of new age philosophy. "Destroy it, we don't need this part of ourselves." But all they end up doing is hiding it and not changing anything.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Clear enough
? I want to explore more ways of being. And why not that of a carrot, if this really is what it is. Go Carrot, go carrot

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Are there any tips you can recommend to start out trying to shut off the chatter in my head?? No matter how hard I focus it seems to be impossible.

Why not control the chatter rather than turn it off. Would you turn off your heartbeat or your breathing if you could?

Well said Ninja. You could ignore the pain of a broken bone, but you should probably do something about it. Most thoughts are trivial and can be dismissed. Others are deep issues that need dealing with.

As far as tips...Practice practice practice. It's not easy and takes time. Notice the thought like a passing bird. There it is, there it goes. Don't think "I have to stop this" or "why?, what?, where?". Just let it be. Thoughts will come less and less but I don't know if it's possible to have no thoughts. Unless you move to Shoalin and devote your life to this.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Toad, with your permission I am trying to contact you now in a non local, quantum induced state(sounds great hahah)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Toad, with your permission I am trying to contact you now in a non local, quantum induced state(sounds great hahah)

You can reach me any time.

It's all local to a point above space-time anyway.. It's not like we are ever not connected to it all.
edit on 11/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

as i hate typing [i'm very slow at it, and have a touch of dyslexia]
i've consulted The Oracle of Guguru [jap=Google]
for the methodologies that worked for me derived from Castaneda's works

essential-knowledge.net...

You must stop talking to yourself. We talk to ourselves incessantly about our world. In fact we maintain our world with our internal talk. And whenever we finish talking to ourselves about ourselves and our world, the world is always as it should be. We renew it, we rekindle it with life, we uphold it with our internal talk. This internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, but only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such or so and so. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so. You must start slowly to undo the world.

We also choose our paths as we talk to ourselves. Thus we repeat the same choices over and over until the day we die, because we keep on repeating the same internal talk over and over until the day we die. A warrior is aware of this and strives to stop his internal talk to free the energy from this continual reinforcement for other perceptions and other choices. You have to know this if you want to live like a warrior.

First of all you must use your ears to take some of the burden from your eyes. We have been using our eyes to judge the world since the time we were born. We talk to others and to ourselves mainly about what we see. A warrior is aware of that and listens to the world; he listens to the sounds of the world. He is aware that the world will change as soon as he stops talking to himself and he must be prepared for that monumental jolt.

The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue. To change our idea of the world is the crux of shamanism, and stopping the internal dialogue is the only way to accomplish it. The rest is just padding. Nothing of what we do, with the exception of stopping the internal dialogue, can by itself change anything in us, or in our idea of the world. The provision is, of course, that that change should not be deranged. Therefore a teacher doesn't clamp down on his apprentice. That would only breed obsession and morbidity.

When a warrior learns to stop the internal dialogue, everything becomes possible; the most far-fetched schemes become attainable. Whenever the internal dialogue stops, the world collapses, and extraordinary facets of ourselves surface, as though they had been kept heavily guarded by our words. You are like you are, because you tell yourself that you are that way. You are too heavy and self-important. Let go! Turn off your internal dialogue and let something in you flow out and expand. That something is your perception, but don't try to figure out what I mean. Just let the whispering of the nagual guide you.
looks like a very good site to add to my bookmarks as well

nagual.yuku.com...-0

"At the beginning of our association don juan had delineated another procedure: walking for long stretches [[without focusing the eyes on anything.]] His recommendation had been to not look at anything directly but, by slightly crossing the eyes, to keep a peripheral view of everything that presented itself to the eyes. he had insisted, although I had not understood at the time, that
if one kept one's unfocused eyes at a point just above the horizon, it was possible to notice, at once, everything in almost the total 180-degree range in front of one's eyes. He had assured me that that exercise was the only way of shutting of the internal dialogue."

used to do this as a kid with some mountains that used to be visible from my grandma's house [there is a housing project, now long abandoned in the way now]

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And? Did you notice anything just 20 secs ago?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Better watch out for Beezzer when you're in that carrot mode.

I know, go away, I'm interfering with your meditation.
edit on 30-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You must start slowly to undo the world.
Yes, this describes the void very well. Maybe I can now also tamper with my assemblage point or what that thing is called Castaneda talks about.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Better watch out for Beezzer when you're in that carrot mode.

I know, go away, I'm interfering with your meditation.
edit on 30-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Hahaha no it's not a meditation, it's like draining the bath tub. And who is Beezzer? Bugs Bunny's long lost cousin?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

And? Did you notice anything just 20 secs ago?

Well I did but who knows if that was you? Could be this topic stimulating my consciousness?

But after you posted that my mind sped up and what I call spirit energy started streaming at a better speed.

I used to meditate a lot so sometimes that just happens randomly though.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't have to try to not think, it just comes natural.
like, I just check out for a while.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

'At the beginning of our association don juan had delineated another procedure: walking for long stretches [[without focusing the eyes on anything.]] His recommendation had been to not look at anything directly but, by slightly crossing the eyes, to keep a peripheral view of everything that presented itself to the eyes. he had insisted, although I had not understood at the time, that
if one kept one's unfocused eyes at a point just above the horizon, it was possible to notice, at once, everything in almost the total 180-degree range in front of one's eyes. He had assured me that that exercise was the only way of shutting of the internal dialogue."

Ok, I have experienced once 180 degree vision while hallucinating gently. People were talking and what they talked about was translated in my mind's eye into 180 degree slides that moved from the left to the right.
But that's another story.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You must start slowly to undo the world.
Yes, this describes the void very well. Maybe I can now also tamper with my assemblage point or what that thing is called Castaneda talks about.

Yes you Can... Yes you Can.

I guess Earlier I was warning people because these things you are talking about are exactly like "Stopping the World" in those books. The only problem is they have jobs and lives they may wish to participate in and without shamanistic training I doubt they could balance with one foot in both worlds..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Come on give me some credit
Like didn't you feel me pushing you?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

People attempting extirpate rather than sublimate an aspect of themselves—

I dont know what that means.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I don't have to try to not think, it just comes natural.
like, I just check out for a while.

Well I am sort of getting there too. But as I said I want to explore this state that I with Ninja's help have baptized the Carrot State.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

Are there any tips you can recommend to start out trying to shut off the chatter in my head?? No matter how hard I focus it seems to be impossible.

Why not control the chatter rather than turn it off. Would you turn off your heartbeat or your breathing if you could?

apples and oranges
or pizza and Okonomiyaki

in combat I.D. will definitely slow you down, often to the point of Fatality, and the goal of martial arts training is reflexive action
i presume you are still a Genin, nin-san, and this has not come up in training?
edit on 30-11-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join