It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Mayan Apocalypse Rumors Have Dark Side, NASA Warns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrskyblueworld

Those who believe NASA are gullible.
Last I heard NASA can only cover about 13% of the sky. I may be wrong on the percentage but it is definetly less then 50%. Several asteroids have come close to earth over the last few years with only weeks or in at least one case zero warning. A light absorbing body or even one not in the small amount of sky covered by NASA could hit earth with no warning. I am not saying it is going to happen. Just that NASA is blowing smoke up people's skirts. They have no way of knowing if something is coming for sure.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

after 12/21/2012 comes and goes, comet ISON is next on the fear mongering doomsday crosshairs

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO
reply to post by AussieDingus

It's 11:11 UTC/GMT
you get calculator to change time to your area, at least this is my understanding.

according to who based on what?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
well if the majority of people actualy took the time to research what the actual prophecy is, not what the inflated American bastardized version is, then people might have a different understanding of what is to come or is currently in progress all around the globe as we speak

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
nasa, what a waste of dollars they have become and when did they get into the psychology field?

anyway if you want to scare anyone, just explain our current state of economics and the inevitable collapse of the dollar. or maybe the fallout from Fukushima that we will be absorbing for multiple decades. you could go into the still ongoing BP oil spill and subsequent polluting of the Atlantic.

we could talk about the possibility of global famine due to droughts, or genetic manipulation and it's effects on species current and future.

please nasa enlighten us on your fix for the REAL problems we have, instead of worrying about Mayan prophecy.

Ugh, I agree with you on the genetic manipulation, etc., but it doesn't surprise me that someone who thinks NASA is a waste of money also thinks the collapse of the dollar is inevitable. It's not, and NASA, to this day, remains the greatest taxpayer investment we have ever, and continue to make. It's also a drop in the bucket compared to our defense budget.

well, post something tangible that nasa has given us in the last 25 years that we didn't have prior, something i can use, hold in my hand, something other than data? and as for the dollar collapsing it's inevitable and widely known our economy is a farce or would you like to show me the proof of the great faux recovery?

you know what has a dark side for certain, our government and people like you sop up their BS like it's nectar.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Millenium doom prophecies anyone? If people are stupid enough to believe then maybe this world ain't for them, what a load of turd

Personally I don't have an opinion one way or the other but you're going to look pretty stupid if you're wrong...lol

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

Haha, if he is wrong, we will all be dead.

The only people who have any chance of looking stupid -- after the fact -- are those who believe the end is 12/21/2012, and who keep posting on 12/22/2012.

Historically -- there have been thousands, perhaps even millions of similar end-dates predicted. None have come to pass. It's just a guess, but I think the prediction / prophesy side stands a FAR larger chance of "looking stupid" than the skeptics.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am going to mark 21st Dec as the end of the world on my calender as I always forget about important dates, are we expected to buy others presents or comet shape chocolates of some some kind?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It would suck to be here for any length of time, and then off yourself right before the greatest fireworks show, ever. Imagine waiting in line for the most awesome roller coaster ride and then just walking out right before it opens and you get to ride.

Seems dumb.

IMO, NASA's got a lot of nerve calling out 2012 Apocalypse (does anybody know what that word means anymore, anyway?) followers when the news media calls out gloom & doom nonstop, 24-7. Pssshst.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

This is why the theory shouldn't be discussed. Much like when people actually believed 'Dubyah' about the WMD's in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
nasa, what a waste of dollars they have become and when did they get into the psychology field?

anyway if you want to scare anyone, just explain our current state of economics and the inevitable collapse of the dollar. or maybe the fallout from Fukushima that we will be absorbing for multiple decades. you could go into the still ongoing BP oil spill and subsequent polluting of the Atlantic.

we could talk about the possibility of global famine due to droughts, or genetic manipulation and it's effects on species current and future.

please nasa enlighten us on your fix for the REAL problems we have, instead of worrying about Mayan prophecy.

When this happened:

Bolden floated the idea back in February, telling a group of engineering students that President Obama had asked him to "find ways to reach out to dominantly Muslim countries,"

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

If we can reach out to other countries, we certainly should be able to reach out to our own.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wonder if instead of some doomsday scenario it turns out to be a mix of both (and I don't necessarily mean ON 12/21/12...but within that general time frame (I mean what is a few years when looked at from an evolutionary perspective involving cycles of millions of years)

What I mean is that a number of independent researchers and scientists are turning onto the idea that our unique neocortex and consciousness evolved because of a symbiotic relationship with the unimaginably complex bio-chemistry found in the African rainforests, and that the loss of this biochemistry resulted in a progressive reversion to a more typical mammalian brain.

The hypothesis is actually way more optimistic than it sounds, which is why I'm wondering if all this doomsday and consciousness awakening hype is a temporal reflection or undigested intuition that we are all essentially brain damaged, but hold unfathomable potential within us.

Frankly, the idea is freaking mind blowing to say the least.

Link to free book and reviews:

leftinthedark.org.uk...

'___', psychedelics, and virtually everything is touched on by this...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately... NASA is telling the truth and I am on their opinion as a person who's studied Astronomy. Even 3 day darkness wouldn't have changed people's ignorance. Something with more permanent effect would need to happen.

What NASA cannot say 'Will not happen' are earthquakes, giant storm and volcanoe eruption of higher magnitute that can happen at any given time. And if something like that happens around Dec 21st, you will know that the Mayans did have something in mind, if not then the Mayans did not have something apocalyptic in mind.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
From all the information that i have gleaned over the years combined with thinking as much outside the box as possible this is the best that i can come up with in agreeing with you that all these dooms day tales, predictions,senerios and whatnot only feed into stripping the general public of a positive moral !

This whole thing is just one huge gigantic wealth and power game to see who can control the largest population and still remain productive and have a passivly enslaved populace that adores its leaders,or is so scared will never stand agenst the leaders.
Only one country really stands out amongst the crowd and many of you here on ATS have seen and posted about there agenda.

These prinsapals and ideas are not new they have been ongowingly played out over thousands of years strategically placing key insiders here and there, tweaking this idea and adjusting this principle and that law so sheeple will believe all they are told programming them any way they want without them even knowing it in turn passively enslaving the whole world,paving the way for the ( NWO ).

As for the (powers that be) wiping us out, i see that as very unlikely, narcissistic ego's need billions of people to gloat in front of,for if no one was around what could they feed there ego's with.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO
reply to post by delusion

www.timeanddate.com...

www.worldtimeserver.com...

Thanks... okay the summer solstice I get, but the why 11.11 exactly? it actually says 11.12 utc. Close enough I guess - everyone will just say 11.11 anyway cause it seems more symmetrical.
I wonder how long the sun is at that pure solstice spot for?
I think the 11.12 is the time at which an equal mumber of daylight hours are either side of that time?
So it doesn't make sense to translate utc to local time, because the solstice is only meaningful because it's either the shortest or longest day of the year.
Unless the 11.12 utc time marks a particular apex point for everyone?
But it really doesn't matter, just curious.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I think if there is any credence to the 2012 hysteria, one of the biggest issues has yet to be discussed.

Say absolutely nothing happens on this date in question...

What no one is considering is there are many people out there who fully believe these events will occur....of these people, many will be flocking to myan and other ancient sites as this date gets closer.

Now think of how big of a disaster woodstock was due to being ill prepared. The land its self was destroyed. Many were without food and fresh water for an good period of time. Had many not responded to assist the result could have been far worse.

Now Woodstock was only a few thousand in attendance...compare that to even the minimal amount of people that will more than likely attempt to witness dec. 21st at one of these sacred sites.

Many of these sites are in the middle of no where, in areas that already have very little available resources...its a true disaster waiting to happen that no one is discussing.

Now you throw a few big name spiritual leaders, that are more than likely attending, getting trampled during the aftermath of the mass panic when resources start to dwindle and guess what you have...

That same massive eye opening/great enlightening event the myans attempted to warn us about.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I made a thread about this a week ago. About suicides, people getting scared, people going crazy, etc.

Looks like im now supported by Nasa

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrskyblueworld

2012 Mayan Apocalypse Rumors Have Dark Side, NASA Warns

www.space.com

NASA scientists took time on Wednesday (Nov. 28) to soothe 2012 doomsday fears, warning against the dark side of Mayan apocalypse rumors — frightened children and suicidal teens who truly fear the world may come to an end Dec. 21.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.livescience.com
www.space.com
www.livescience.com

Completely misleading title.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot

Those who believe NASA are gullible.
Last I heard NASA can only cover about 13% of the sky. I may be wrong on the percentage but it is definetly less then 50%. Several asteroids have come close to earth over the last few years with only weeks or in at least one case zero warning. A light absorbing body or even one not in the small amount of sky covered by NASA could hit earth with no warning. I am not saying it is going to happen. Just that NASA is blowing smoke up people's skirts. They have no way of knowing if something is coming for sure.

This dismissal of all things NASA on this board is funny to me. Do you have any point to make against the actual statement NASA made, or are you guys just content to get in your Ad hominem?

NASA isn't wrong to make this warning. People killed themselves for y2k, people killed themselves for Harold camping, and every other doomsday prediction. People will also kill themselves on December 21st. If NASA came out and said "I don't know it might happen" then even more would surely kill themselves.

Alien conspiracies are cool and all, but I won't let them blind me to the fact that it's safer to have NASA tamping down these fears than it would be if they shrugged and said "it could happen".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join