It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to start Meditating

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey ATS members, Zeta here with a question. I would like to start meditating. I've read how meditating can relax a person, "communicate" supposedly with the other side (or different dimensions), and something about the Pineal gland? Well I was just wondering if there is any advice you could offer me?
Like:
How to start?
What to do?
Where to do it?
What effects are there?
Is it dangerous?
Can it help ease stress?
Is it a good idea?

I want to meditate for relaxation purposes and just to try it. Also, I am a big believer in the supernatural, just wondering if meditating can be "dangerous" in that respect.

Thanks Much!
P.S: Take it easy, if you think I can't or shouldn't, just say so.

-Zeta

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
close your eyes and sit there.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Meditation is a good idea, there a many ways: you can try yoga, it works for me.
Remember, before meditating comes concentration.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

www.youtube.com...

Try this out -- the basic principles of how meditation works. The Level 3 of this practice is to open up the pineal gland as the third eye. Chunyi Lin touches his finger to your forehead and this shoots energy into the center of the brain.

So meditation is as simple as you want and the simpler the more powerful it is!

It is relaxed visualization or listening while not really listening.

A open harmonics to transform the body which then transforms the brain to create spirit energy.

The more advanced you get then the more careful you have to be but the energy is based on your intention to guide it and all intentions are "bidirectional" so you can always reverse anything.

Meditation is just about enjoying the energy and letting go -- and there is no beginning nor ending to it.

The sitting meditation is called the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" practice -- to visualize the energy going up the back and then through the head and then down the front of the body. You circulate the energy like this.

So then the heart energy opens up as real love bliss and this creates stronger electromagnetic energy called chi or qi - or prana in India.

Then you store the energy in the lower tan tien -- which is below and behind the navel. So anyway the energy is always transforming and being guided by an impersonal consciousness. Meditation is resonating with this impersonal consciousness that is formless -- it can not be seen but it can be listened to and then this creates spirit light energy.

The main thing is relaxed breathing using the diaphragm but it doesn't have to be forced.

Even if you practice just 15 minutes a day then there can be great benefits.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
Hey ATS members, Zeta here with a question. I would like to start meditating. I've read how meditating can relax a person, "communicate" supposedly with the other side (or different dimensions), and something about the Pineal gland? Well I was just wondering if there is any advice you could offer me?
Like:
How to start?
What to do?
Where to do it?
What effects are there?
Is it dangerous?
Can it help ease stress?
Is it a good idea?

I want to meditate for relaxation purposes and just to try it. Also, I am a big believer in the supernatural, just wondering if meditating can be "dangerous" in that respect.

Thanks Much!
P.S: Take it easy, if you think I can't or shouldn't, just say so.

-Zeta

It's pretty simple to start, you just sit down, close your eyes, and breathe. Try and clear your mind. As far as the effects, it can reduce stress and relax you, or according to some open the doors to a dimension and enlightenment few know. As far as it being dangerous, look into Gopi Krishna and kundalini. It seems it can be dangerous to some, if their not ready. Some seem to open up portals and let negative entities into their lives, although others will claim that the entities only feed off fear so you need to rid yourself of the fear.

I'd also like to add that if you want to start meditating to unlock some supernatural powers or something, you'll probably be disappointed. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just think philosophically you'd be going about it wrong because you'd be doing it out of an ego side of you and that's when the problems seem to happen.

I've put some links to two of my favorite threads on ATS. I think meditation is a great thing, and has many benefits. If you're serious I'd recommend finding some guided meditations on youtube and going from there. Start reading all you can if you really want to learn more. This isn't a subject you can learn about all in one thread. You need to do some research and learn more. Look at the Dalai Lama, he's gotta be like 80 and I bet he is still trying to learn even after a lifetime of meditation. Just keep in mind it's not like people take up meditating and a few weeks later can read the minds of hot girls to see if they like them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydub911

I don't want to use meditation for powers or anything, and I don't want to let anything bad in, because I am fearful of negative energies.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So here is healing from meditation.

negative energy is just "extra" energy that needs to be transformed into formless consciousness aka the Emptiness.

The whole thing is that the West does not have this concept of "formless consciousness" aka the Emptiness which is the basis for meditation.

So it is called non-dualism because this formless consciousness is the foundation of reality.

So then when you quiet the mind - first there is concentration of thoughts.

There's no need to believe anything. For example everyone has an I-thought.

So you can just repeat I-I-I-I in your mind as a thought. Any thought you have is based on the I-thought.

So when a thought arises you just remind yourself it's based on the I-thought. Then focus on the I-thought -- to see what is the source of your I-thought.

so then your I-thought concentrates into one I-thought. Then you listen to the source of that I-thought.

You can focus on your heart -- and then this process creates love energy.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is my view on meditation... take from it what you will and release the rest in the wind...

Prayer is when we communicate with God (or our higher power, the universe, however u wish to view it)...
Meditation is when we allow ourselves to be communicated to, by God.

There is no reason to fear meditation. I meditate on a regular basis and this process has helped me to grow spiritually and has help my mind to open up to possibilities that prviously I had been closed to. First I would like to say that you do not have to follow any given "rules" that you do not feel comfortable with. Like prayer, meditation is a very personal thing. Just as indivisuals pray differently to suit their belief systems, so should one meditate in the same manner. In other words try a few different ways that can coicide with your personal belief system until you find the way of doing it that best suits you personally.

I should also note that meditation takes awhile to get used to and one should work on it a little at a time until you find what works for you. Do not give up after just a few trys. You will be doing yourelf a diservice. As you practice meditation it will become more comfortable and you will slowly begin to recieve what it is you desire from the experience.

I would suggest that you start off with small frequent quantities ( like 10 minutes, 3 or 4 days a week).

Following is just a little example of how I began my meditating, perhaps it will help you.

1st, try to clear your mind of all preconcieved thoughts on what you think meditation should be. The only thing that you should think of when it comes to meditation is that you want to open yourself up to God (or the universe or higher power ect.) and hear/recieve instruction from the source of Good.

I always begin with prayer. I pray that God will protect me from all harm and state that i shall only recieve from source that will aid in my well being. I also ask that Ministering spirits and angels protect and help me. Then I thank God and have faith that the prayer I prayed will indeed protect me.

Then I simply find myself a quiet, comfortable space. I sit or lay down ( and dont worry if you fall asleep the first few times, you can recieve through dreams as well). I allow myself to accept the darkness behind my closed eyes and embrace this darkness... In doing this, your mind will be less likely to start filling itself with images, words ect that our brains naturally want to do.
I imagine myself being swept away into this darkness and know that there is nothing to fear... I allow it to embrace me into itself... all of this does take you actually seeking it mentally and helping yourself along...
Start by purposfully relaxing your neck... feel the tention and physical stresses leave your neck, then do the same with your sholders, then your spine and one after the other down your intire body. Once you have done this then slowly allow your mind to quiet itself... seek nothing, expecting nothing. Just "BE" ... almost like u are floating in space as an observer in a new place. Do this with a heart of recieving.

Your first experiences will probly be nothing more than getting used to this process of embracing and releasing. However most likely at the very least you will come away with a feeling of relaxation.

After practicing mediation in this way, after mastering this first few steps... things will begin to happen for you.
Personally, I have had visions... experienced astrial projection... recieved messages of great inward/spititual revalation... recieved healing (physical, spiritual and emotional)... recieved messages for others... as well as many other different wonderful things.

I always conclude my meditation with a prayer of thankfullness.

One more quick note: Tho not required, I like to "clear the air" before I meditate. I do this by striking a Tibetian Singing bowl, and anointing myself with oil... I also conclude in the same manner.

I hope this helps you.
~Cringle

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Meditation is a trance state, depending on the type of experience you focus on so shall the meditative state evolve. If you do not want to learn esoteric concepts, even religious and only seek to understand conscience I advice you to read about self suggestion or hypnosis or even lucid dreaming (depending on your ultimate goal).

See Hypnosis or Lucid Dreaming as starting points...

edit on 28-11-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Meditation is great. It can help people get something that is really valuable. If nothing else, it will learn you to appreciate where you are and who you are. Those are very important things.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just BE man, just BE. Meditation is just you allowing yourself to live in the absolute moment. The less you think and the more you just ARE, well the more successful you'll be at it.

Got me?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
Like:
How to start? Do research. Meditation is a journey and at first it's good for someone to give you general direction but after that you'll want to devote your own time and energy into researching and understanding altered mind states.
What to do? Sit somewhere comfortable, or lay down, or stand up. You can do meditation in a number of different poses and there are many many different forms and styles of meditation which vary from culture to culture. You'll want to sit, close your eyes and try your best not to think. In order to be successful in meditation you have to silence your mental dialogue. Have no expectations and just observe what happens to you, the environment around you and if anything inside of you changes. Take notes, treat it like experimentation if you so wish.
Where to do it? Any place you are comfortable with sitting still with your eyes closed for an extended period of time.
What effects are there? Too many to list. Once you delve into the realm of meditative mind states you will most likely not see the world the way you used to. Not guaranteed but you may have some kind of personal epiphany whether it be about where you are going in life, your happiness, your connection to this universe or any other aspect of existence.
Is it dangerous? Most people will say that it is not. But I will tell you that once you *pry open your third eye* you will begin to notice things you may have never noticed before. You will probably have explainable experiences with beings you have never seen before in your life. Just like humans, there ARE evil or bad beings that do want to feast off of your fear. The key is just that, though. Have no fear. Protect yourself in the realm of the astral if you delve into this and get serious about it.
Can it help ease stress? Yes.
Is it a good idea? That's not for me to decide. As you research further you'll find that it's all about you. Whatever is best for you, only you know. Get in touch with your inner you.

Hope this helps.

-Zeta

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the awesome replies! I'm going to try it tonight, nothing big, just practicing the technique. I'll let you know my progress in the upcoming days!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Concentrate on your breathing.If you mind starts to wonder go back to listening and feeling the air go in and out. Another techique is to look at picture of a rose and see how long you can look at it with out your mind wondering.Then practice and increase the time.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You aren't supposed to overthink meditating, that defeats the purpose. I used to go into the woods with a gun during hunting season so I don't look abnormal. You can go sit by a stream and sink a worm in the water, if there are no fish in the stream it is better. The sound of the brook relaxes you. There are thousands of different ways to meditate. People who pray are also meditating as are some people who sing. It is all about relaxing the mind and body to allow us to communicate with the subconscious. The Subconscious is a big part of our intellect and works at a higher frequency. When we relax and quit thinking our minds can experience a communication with this part of us. The background noise in our brain is actually a very quick brainwave traveling within the grey matter, known now to actually be super rapid thought. That is the automatic that we have, the part that gives us insight and makes it so we can make the right decisions without having to think about things. Slowing our spikes and waves of thought give us access to translating this, but remember, the frequency is higher, basicly faster, lowering our brainwaves allows more blending so we are actually speeding up our rate. I hope I explained that right.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
To quote an old zen master. "What do you concentrate on, when you are no longer breathing?"

Just be.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I tried it 2 nights ago for 15 minutes. It felt like I was out for 5 minutes only, other than time going fast, nothing else really happened, but I am going to try it again tonight.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
For me, meditation has become like breathing - I can't pass a day without it, as it truly is breathing for my soul, and without it my mind finds it hard to function properly. Meditation is not simply about relaxation for me, it is about entering deeper levels of awareness - these levels give me access to important knowledge and truths about our whole existence - this has really led me to living a happier, more successful and fulfilling life. I have shared all my experiences on my blog, and here are a few articles in particular that may be very helpful for beginners:

www.brainwavelove.com...

Why meditation is the key to everything: www.brainwavelove.com...

www.brainwavelove.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Then try to think positive about them until they themselves become that or even disrepair but its harder.
On meditation, find the music you like on youtube and close you eyes. It has been discussed several times here on ATS, just search.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I was going to say just start.. A minute of quiet. Sometimes I make the mistake of trying to learn all about something and spend weeks doing that before I start actually doing. But I see you are already starting and getting a lot of tips here so I'll just say "way to go!"
I'm cautious of negative energies also... Hopefully you will also find help with that aspect here or somewhere. Be Well, ~ann

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join