posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
Heres a step by step guide to my favorite form of meditation taught by an energy healer here where I live. It's called Kriya yoga, and I've had some
very powerful actual VISIONS from it.
1. The position is laying down flat on your back, comfotably. Place your hands whereever comfortably.
2. Get to a state of physical relaxation, when muscles are not relaxed they are a distraction. To do this, I like to start from my toes and tense it
as HARD as I can while breathing in; then hold; then breath out while simultaneously releasing the muscle. Start from your toes and move all the way
up to your neck. Even muscles you can't "tense" up, imagine you are still tensing and releasing.
3. After you're totally physically relaxed, develop the Kriya yoga breathing pattern. This is the most important part, because breath is what puts
your mind and body in a trance state.
a. Breath in deeply and deliberately with your nose.
b. make sure you're breathing with your STOMACH, not your chest. Your stomach should be going up and down with each breath, not your chest. This
takes practice, but after a while it becomes natural.
c. let the air "fall" out of your mouth. Like, don't breath out, let the breath fall out.
4. So, what if you have trouble "clearing your mind"? They key is don't try so hard! Allow the thought to come in and out. What I do is recognize
I'm thinking a certain thought, ACKNOWLEDGE it, solve the thought, then let it pass. For example, if you're worried about a test you have the next
day, let the thought of the test cross your mind, then decide consciously that you'll study in a couple hours, then let the worry pass. Acknowledge,
solve, let it go.
5. With this meditation you'll start to be having memories, and you may find these memories turn into a dreamlike vision, that's what always happens
good luck! There are many types of meditation but this kind has always helped me the most