It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Rob48

FoosM

So NASA's Hasselblad images match their own LRO images...
Wow. Amazing. Bravo. Who would have thunk?

If the Hasselblad images didn't match the LRO images then I'm sure you'd be trumpeting it from the rooftops!

So, in HB land,
images matching = evidence of a hoax
images not matching = evidence of a hoax
image quality too good = evidence of a hoax
image quality too poor = evidence of a hoax
not enough photos taken (eg mugshots of Apollo 12 crew in cislunar space) = evidence of a hoax
too many photos taken = evidence of a hoax

Let me ask you, is there ANYTHING that you don't consider to be evidence of a hoax?

Again, and maybe you should take of your NASA made glasses off.
NASA Apollo images does not prove NASA LRO images because they come from the same source!
You guys are like bible believers, using the bible to prove the bible, lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

dragonridr

FoosM

DJW001

FoosM

DJW001

FoosM

DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

Once again, you have posted a dead link. Are you doing that deliberately?

No, but I think Dave and Jim deliberately lifted the leg of the LM to show it was fake.

www.youtube.com...

Where do they do that? Your video doesn't work. And you owe me an apology.

Im not going to apologize if you cant watch videos on ATS.
Maybe your job is blocking content.
Would that be NASA perhaps?

video

The apology is for accusing me of lying. That makes you the liar, not me. I finally managed to see the video. Remember when we discussed it three years ago? The ladder doesn't move, the camera moves. It is mounted on a hinged platform that can shake when the astronauts bounce down the ladder. Remember?

The ladder moves. And it moves while the astronauts are on the ground, not bouncing down the ladder.
Sorry, you fail again.
Watch this folks:

But if you insist its the camera moving, why doesn't the entire image tilt?

No They didnt even if it was a mock up it would still be just like the one they had on earth weighing hundreds of pounds.

Why? It could simply be a ladder attached to a plank. LOL.
And the rest of your post doesn't explain Jack Schmitt how they managed to tilt the ladder up.
It had nothing to do with the camera. Unless you want to claim a third astronaut on the moon moved the camera up?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

They were also tracking Russia's Luna 15 probe.

Perhaps the monitoring of these Soviet attempts to beat the Apollo programme by a series of unmanned lunar probes was Jodrell Bank's last major public appearance as a space tracking station.Luna 15, the first attempt to "beat" Apollo, was launched three days ahead of Apollo 11 and the media immediately saw a drama unfolding: The unmanned Soviet lunar probe with an unknown mission - but probably a lunar sample return - and the first attempt at a a manned lunar landing.

Jodrell Bank again came to play a major role in monitoring the flight and in interpreting the flight events to the general public. Professor Lovell noted that the probe was on a "slow" trajectory to the Moon, taking a day longer to reach the Moon that previous Luna flights.

However, Jodrell Bank provided the news about the final phase of the Luna 15 drama in a news release:

"Signals ceased at 4.50 p.m. this evening [1550 UT on 21 July 1969; Soviet news releases gave the time as 1551 UT]. They have not yet returned. The retrorockets were fired at 4.46 p.m. [1546 UT; Soviet news releases gave the time as 1547 UT] on the 52nd orbit and after burning for 4 minutes the craft was on or near the lunar surface, The approach velocity was 480 km/h [presumably determined by measuring the Doppler shift] and it is unlikely of anything could have survived."

The large dish at Jodrell was used to track Luna 15 the smaller one was tracking Apollo.
edit on 25-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

FoosM

Take your fingers out your ears and hear this question:

Did Jodrell Bank track Apollo from Earth to the Moon continuously?

Another question! You're not very good at this research lark are you, making me answer all these simple simple questions.

How could one telescope in one location track Apollo 11 from the Earth to the moon? Here are some things to think about when working out the answer:

1) How long did it take Apollo 11 to travel to the moon?

2) What is the period of rotation of the Earth?

3) What is the Earth made of?

4) Can radio waves travel through thousands of miles of rock?

I did the research last time. Surely you can answer these 4 school-level queries!

You know, of course, that at the time of the historic One Giant Leap the signals were being received in Australia (as well as Goldstone in California). Look at a globe. What do you notice about the relative positions of the UK and Australia. What does this tell you? Come on, play along. Try to learn something, please.

However, I will throw you a bone. You can find a recording of Apollo 11 from Jodrell Bank at this site.

No need to thank me — I know you won't!

You guys are like bible believers, using the bible to prove the bible, lol.

No, it is the complete opposite! The reason I am an atheist is that I like to base my decisions on evidence. I don't see any evidence for the existence of God, so I don't believe in him. The hoax believers are like the people who believe the scare stories they heard from preachers growing up: "Believe our story - be afraid of Satan/NASA" They cast aside all evidence that might disprove their fairy tale and instead choose to live in ignorance.

There's another parallel, too. Most churches are out to get your money. Most hoax proponents too. Donate by PayPal to send Jarrah White to the moon! Buy Richard Hoagland's DVDs and books! Put your money in the collection plate!
edit on 25-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Rob48

FoosM

Take your fingers out your ears and hear this question:

Did Jodrell Bank track Apollo from Earth to the Moon continuously?

Another question! You're not very good at this research lark are you, making me answer all these simple simple questions.

How could one telescope in one location track Apollo 11 from the Earth to the moon? Here are some things to think about when working out the answer:

So, are you stating for the record that JB did not track the Apollo space craft from Earth to the moon non-stop?
A yes or no answer is all we need.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by FoosM

They were also tracking Russia's Luna 15 probe.

How could JB determine an unmanned probe from a manned LM ?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Yes, I am stating that it did not track Apollo 11 non-stop, for reasons that a moderately bright primary school child could see. Neither did Houston directly track Apollo 11 non-stop.

Can you see the moon 24 hours a day from whichever planet you reside on?

Honestly, you claim you have some great insight and can see evidence of a hoax that no scientist has spotted in 45 years, and then you ask questions like this which betray a breathtaking lack of knowledge about the most basic aspects of... well, anything?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by FoosM

Yes, I am stating that it did not track Apollo 11 non-stop,

Good, so how did JB know they were tracking a manned craft vs an unmanned craft?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

FoosM

choos

FoosM

Soylent Green Is People

choos
reply to post by FoosM

your video is of the assumption that schmitt jumped into the seat only once..

I think he jumped "into" the seat once, but going by what they said to each other, it could be that Jack Schmitt "bounced" up and down a few times to ham it up for the camera. Schmitt laughed after Gene Cernan said "I got three of them" (three pictures while Schmitt jumped/bounced in his seat).

It could even be that several seconds had passed while Cernan was taking the three pictures.

edit on 3/24/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Watch the following videos in the series.
We will see how many of your "could be's" hold up.

did.. and its still of the assumption that it was only one jump into the LRV..

who is to say that Schmitt did not have a practice jump and realised the scoop/sampler was in the way (without realising cernan had already taken a photo)
thus he removed it holding it in his right hand and while jumping into the seat for the photo, not realising that he had dropped the scoop/sampler onto the ground..

being of the assumption that it all happened in one jump is also a "could be"
edit on 24-3-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

Who is to say?
Well NASA's own transcripts do.
They limit the time any of what you are imagining could happen.

You say they do but you are imagining it. Show me exactly where gene cernan clearly states that he has begun taking photos..

As far as I know Schmitt asks cernan if he was ready to which cernan does not even reply..
So tell me again in the transcript exactly when cernan began to take photos.. And also prove to me, definitively, that Schmitt jumped into the lrv exactly once with no practice jumps before asking cernan if he was ready.. From nasa's own transcripts of course which you just claimed.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Because there were... men on it! Living, breathing, talking, men. Are you deliberately asking ridiculous questions? Are you coming out as a troll or something. Do you, actually, know anything at all about space flight?

The astronauts' voices were also independently recorded at, for example, Bochum Observatory in Germany and WHAS radio in Kentucky, as well as the network of Goldstone, Parkes, Honeysuckle Creek, Madrid et al.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

choos

FoosM

choos

FoosM

Soylent Green Is People

choos
reply to post by FoosM

your video is of the assumption that schmitt jumped into the seat only once..

I think he jumped "into" the seat once, but going by what they said to each other, it could be that Jack Schmitt "bounced" up and down a few times to ham it up for the camera. Schmitt laughed after Gene Cernan said "I got three of them" (three pictures while Schmitt jumped/bounced in his seat).

It could even be that several seconds had passed while Cernan was taking the three pictures.

edit on 3/24/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Watch the following videos in the series.
We will see how many of your "could be's" hold up.

did.. and its still of the assumption that it was only one jump into the LRV..

who is to say that Schmitt did not have a practice jump and realised the scoop/sampler was in the way (without realising cernan had already taken a photo)
thus he removed it holding it in his right hand and while jumping into the seat for the photo, not realising that he had dropped the scoop/sampler onto the ground..

being of the assumption that it all happened in one jump is also a "could be"
edit on 24-3-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

Who is to say?
Well NASA's own transcripts do.
They limit the time any of what you are imagining could happen.

You say they do but you are imagining it. Show me exactly where gene cernan clearly states that he has begun taking photos..

Really? Really?
You know if you are not going to at least try, watch the videos, pay attention to what the other side is saying, there is no point in a discussion. Try again. Watch the videos and read the transcripts thats quoted on the video.

Edit to add: Even Apollo supporters know it took 4 seconds.

edit on 25-3-2014 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by FoosM

Because there were... men on it! Living, breathing, talking, men. Are you deliberately asking ridiculous questions? Are you coming out as a troll or something. Do you, actually, know anything at all about space flight?

So what you are saying is that JB was tracking the voices of people onboard the LM. So how were they, JB, tracking the
Russian probe? There were no people onboard it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

We have flight simulators, does that mean airplanes are hoaxes? And that's exactly what this simulator was for, for training.. c'mon ... this moon hoax thing is ridiculous.. there's observable evidence on the moon that shows we went there..

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Can be a contentious topic but let's try to remain civil and forgo the usual digs and sniping, please.

TIA

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

FoosM

So what you are saying is that JB was tracking the voices of people onboard the LM. So how were they, JB, tracking the

Why don't you do a bit of research for a change? In fact you don't even need to because I have already posted a link to an actual recording from JB which features both Apollo 11 and Luna 15. You expect us to sit through your endless videos so surely you can listen to five and a half minutes of audio?

PS Have you worked out yet why JB couldn't track Apollo "non-stop" to the moon? Or are you just going to sweep that under the rug and move on to a different topic?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

FoosM

Rob48
reply to post by FoosM

There are 2 dishes at Jodrell Bank the smaller tracked Apollo 11 the larger Luna 15, Luna 15 transmitted a signal

After completing 86 communications sessions and 52 orbits of the Moon at various inclinations and altitudes, it began its descent. Astronauts Armstrong and Aldrin had already set foot on the Moon when Luna 15 fired its main retrorocket engine to initiate descent to the surface at 15:47 UT on 21 July 1969

Not much point in sending a probe if it cant transmit data back is there DOH!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Whenever hoax proponents claim there is no independent proof Apollo happened, Apollogists
like to use Jodrell Bank as counter-point.

So, in the interest of full disclosure, lets see how independent JB really was.

Even before NASA got involved, the US Airforce was keeping Jodrell Bank financially afloat:

During the second phase, from about 1955 to the late 1960s, meteor astronomy was no longer a program of central importance at Jodrell Bank. As the 250-foot (seventy-six-meter) radio telescope neared completion, new subjects and techniques took center stage: research on the scintillation of radio sources; the use of long baseline interferometry techniques; and radar studies of the Moon, planets, and, after 1957, satellites. Meteor research in this second phase was directed less toward astronomy and more toward ionospheric phenomena that might affect missiles. Research support came from the U.S. Air Force.

Lovell wrote to Sir Owen Wansbrough-Jones, the Ministry of Supply's chief scientific advisor, that the meteor and lunar echo programs had both "potential military value" and "very great" fundamental interest. Moreover:

If the experiments were not so severely handicapped by lack of money I would have no hesitation in refusing approaches from America, since I am sure that there will be many minor difficulties even if the University felt able to give their permission. One easy way out might be for the Ministry of Supply to increase its support to these programs.18

By February 1956, the Engineering Laboratories of the Army Signal Corps joined the AFCRC in developing the Jodrell Bank lunar echo apparatus, particularly with respect to "the problem of transatlantic communication via the Moon.

Already in 1951, teams at the Naval Research Laboratory and the Central Radio Propagation Laboratory of the National Bureau of Standards had used the Moon as an experimental communications relay. The Naval Research Laboratory transmitted and received Morse later that year; it then operated a voice relay in 1954 and teleprinter connections between Washington, D.C., and San Diego in 1955 and between Washington and Oahu in 1956.22 Evans thought that his results raised the possibility of a higher quality Moon relay system than expected, because a message would be less troubled by echoes reflected from the edges of the Moon's disk. Suggesting that he was curiously unaware of the American achievements, Evans wrote: "[S]ince the effective depth of the Moon is 1 msec or less it becomes possible to use the Moon in a communication circuit with modulation frequencies up to ~1000 c/s. This is probably just sufficient for intelligible speech and could be used for teletype."23

Lovell immediately used Evans's success to increase U.S. Air Force financial support. Because of the "important repercussions on the consideration of the use of the Moon as a relay station," he argued, the work was "so important that a doubling of [the original support] could easily be justified."24 After resolving whether outside authorities, such as the U.S. Air Force, had the right to inspect university accounts25--a central debate in British higher education in the 1950s26--an extension was granted, along with renewals of the meteor programs.

...the radio telescope had to be reinterpreted for different audiences in an effort to secure funds.58 For example, it was "financial stringency" that made the U.S. Air Force grants for lunar echo work attractive and that overrode the small doubts about freedom to publish.59 The radio telescope came to dominate work at Jodrell Bank. For example, meteors were translated as "nature's missiles," when Lovell wrote to defense firms seeking contributions to clear the telescope's debt.

In parallel with the work supported by the U.S. Air Force discussed above, Jodrell Bank also was involved in the satellite program of NASA. Besides the scientific and prestige interests, collaboration with NASA, mostly involving the use of the big radio telescope [29] to track satellites and probes, brought much needed money to Jodrell Bank. One contract alone with NASA paid $179,200 to the radio astronomy observatory.

As you can see, US money, department of defense money, NASA money, kept JB up and running. This information should not be dismissed. Sorry, but there was a clear conflict of interest going on here. This puts in question the validity of JB's claims regarding Apollo. You got to do better than JB guys.

history.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Rob48

FoosM

Why don't you do a bit of research for a change? In fact you don't even need to because I have already posted a link to an actual recording from JB which features both Apollo 11 and Luna 15. You expect us to sit through your endless videos so surely you can listen to five and a half minutes of audio?

PS Have you worked out yet why JB couldn't track Apollo "non-stop" to the moon? Or are you just going to sweep that under the rug and move on to a different topic?

OK, so you didnt answer the question.
Why are you evading the question?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

wmd_2008

So you don't need a manned craft to transmit data back?
Good, now how can you prove that the data from the LM was from a manned craft?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

FoosM

wmd_2008

So you don't need a manned craft to transmit data back?
Good, now how can you prove that the data from the LM was from a manned craft?

Because voice transmissions are more than just data.

Sure, it isn't "proof" (I suppose one could argue that the voice transmissions were just recordings from an unmanned crafts), but at the same time, it isn't evidence to the contrary, either.

edit on 3/25/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join