It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend Rant... :O

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Timely

I will do you a big favor,I will pretend that I didn't read that post.
Remember the soup nazi from Seinfeld? Consider me the cookie
nazi,no cookies for you!

I do indeed remember the soup nazi ...

Pleeeze, pleeeeze ( puts on whiny voice ) don't cut me out.
Can i haz cookies if I promises to behave ?

ps; My Wife just made what was to be a tray of Anzac biscuits ( cookies ), it turned out as one square foot cookie. lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
reply to post by cody599

So you 'take issue' with my post and then reiterate what I say, lol WTF?

Because you advocate average and getting along as being a good thing.
Love is about soaring with eagles my friend. Not flocking with the turkeys.
Deny ignorance don't encourage it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Go to the gym enough times and practice giving speeches (like Toastermasters club or something) = acquire confidence and belief in yourself. That's always been my process (minus being in the Toastmasters club. I just have to give lots of speeches in grad school for business).

I feel like I just stepped down from Olympus sometimes with a quiet confidence that makes anything I say feel intense and personal.... Too bad I'm short (5'9") for the South where giants roam - my only physical downside. But hey, tall, short, fat or whatever, you need to cultivate your own confidence like if its the most precious crop on this spec in space. There's no such thing as "faking it" because when you're "faking" it it's still 100% you doing it. You just need to get comfortable with that part of yourself which comes with practice.

Not slept in 20 hours and had a long day so hope this makes sense. Eh, whatever, nobody pays attention to pg 6. Take it away, Rock.

edit on 27-11-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
As a member of the female population, let me say, this woman sounds positively judgemental and f*cking retarded.

I don't know any guy who complains and whines as much as a girl does. I AM a girl, so I know this crap.

The problem with a good portion of women, as I see it, is that they can deal it but can't take it back. Well guess what? Men generally in the modern world don't give a crap if they aren't going to receive equal treatment! Women forget that feminism does not mean "I always get my way."

Women, I get that we all have our individual issues and perks, but so do men. And men genuinely have a harder time trying to figure women out because women expect men to be able to just deduce things in the same manner as women do.

I'll elaborate if peeps want me to.
edit on 27-11-2012 by artisticnstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by DocHolidaze

DISCLAIMER:

Still not me....
---------------------------------------------------

One, My relationship history is no ones business aside from my own.

Typical snippy response when a woman is called out

Two, This rant was not about the mental stability of women (as I can see theres enough of that on here), more so the mental stability of the men complaining about not having a girlfriend and feeling the need to verbally slaughter the female population.

Typical woman's response to accurate generalizations... change the subject.

This thread started because of how many "woe is me" threads i've seen, and i'm not even a member on here at the moment. I just happened to be looking his shoulder and was disgusted at how pathetic these men sound and and thought "wow, no wonder youre single"

Typical judgmentalism from one who hasn't had to work her butt off to find someone. Women get to wait for their prince. While they will garner a long chain of d-bags this way, unless the prince that many of us men aspire to be works his butt off to 'win' her away from said chain of d-bags, he isn't going to register on her radar. (see the alpha male/beta male conundrum)

It's really just another way of thinking about why these guys are single instead of how everyone else just agrees and continues to put women down for being "crazy".
I know full well why I'm single. I enjoy my own company and refuse to put up with any BS just for some benefits. Yes, that's all any woman has ever had to offer me, and I've been engaged twice. They said they loved me, but they loved their ideal of what they could make me into. Not gonna happen, ladies. Why is it that I have to accept you for you but I need to change, hmm? Pfft! I'll pay for it if I ever feel like I need it that badly.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

DISCLAIMER: Everything said herein is used for educational purposes only. If you feel the need to respond by petty bickering and name-calling at the logic used by us "jaded" males, then so shall your true colours be flown and your true agenda here be revealed.

First off I guess somehow we owe you a big apology. For wasting your time putting our hearts and souls out there to others hoping to find some resolution to our problems, or even just to find an outlet in this 'social media' version of history. I guess in future we should just shut our mouths for your sake and not bother wasting an hour or more typing out something that may give us that solution we are looking for. But seeing as you seem to have it all figured out, I guess we 'jaded' men should back down and nod our heads in agreeance with you, because in reality that's all you actually want.

I'm going to guess that using terms such as "wanting to rip your clothes off" and "your pity party is a complete turn off" gives you the emotional status of a teenager, regardless of your true age. Stick around for a few years, get your hands shoved into the fire a few times, get taken for everything you have and wind up out on the streets, then come back to me and tell me about your "turn offs." Grow the hell up.

Confidence. Not all people have it. Some people can do some things without thinking about it, and then get two left feet trying to even talk to a woman. Pull your head out of your ridiculous Hollywood attitude towards men for a second and realise we're not all super suave ladykillers that can make you weak at the knees with a look or a word. Some people need to work at it, but according to you, we should come with a list of "do's and dont's that you can check off like a list. Here's the facts sweetheart. You come with demands, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Sorry if that's a "total turn-off" to you, but that's how it is, and I can say it is something I am completely confident telling you.

Bottom line is some people aren't single because they allow themselves to be. Some people are simply single because they have been through the crap so many times, it's just not worth the effort of wasting a great portion of your life trying to be something someone else wants you to be, when it's just so much simpler to be without a partner and live your life according to your own choosing. Another thing that takes confidence.

I have a final suggestion for you Dr. Phil. Instead of wasting your time here hiding behind your boyfriend and giving us snippets of your opinion, use that supposed omnipitence you seem to have and help out those who have these problems instead of just running them down for your own trollish fun. You want to talk about giving people honest advice, use that mouth to help them out. OK, rant over.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
As a lesbian having women problems, this is exactly what i needed to hear!!!

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
never ever take any relationship advice from a woman, that's all folks.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Thank you!
i thought you were bisexual anyway justifies your male bashing.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
As a woman, I can only speak from my own observations about women outside of relationships.

Let's just say that there's a reason most of my friends are male and not female.

At one time I used to work in a predominantly female office and I NEVER saw so much petty backstabbing and unprofessional decisions being made every day to "prove" something that never made any sense.

It was enough to drive me into a predominantly male field where the pettiness stopped and work actually got done instead.

As for relationships, not really sure how petty women behave around men. I'm sure a few here could enlighten me.

Just my own personal experiences. I obviously can't speak for everyone.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Thank you!
i thought you were bisexual anyway justifies your male bashing.

Hahaha, because stereotyping isnt ignorant

/end sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You sure sound like you know what you're talking about, must have been around some.
Thanks for reminding me.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor

I've never complained about women online. Especially not on ATS

Yup. Perfect example of vapid, shallow idiots attracting equally vapid, shallow drama queens. It's the Law of Attraction.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I'm single because I don't like people in general, it's difficult to meet women when you're not interested in taking the time to get to know someone.

I also tend to get bored with relationships after about 3 months or so, that's usually the limit of my patience when it comes to women.

That's another problem many guys (and women) have: they view the other sex as something of an alien species. Almost all the women I know that are single are making that mistake; I assume the guys aren't much different. If you want a real relationship, you've got to pick someone who you'd want to be friends with -- otherwise you're in for a real # storm. I've been with my husband for over 12 years now, and we're still as happy as can be. We're each other's best friends and support each other in everything... that's how it's supposed to be.
edit on 27-11-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
One of the many scenarios I cannot seem to understand:

We're sitting there and as usual she's watching her stupid TV shows and I'm there physically but mentally I'm on another planet. She notices and asks me a random question...

Her: "Do you think she's hot?".
Me: "Uh who?"
(She points at the screen..Random female celeb, As usual I'm not impressed).
Me: (Laughs*), NO!
Her: Why not?
Me: She's not my type (Beating around the bush)
Her: Tell me why?
Me: (Goes at it, on and on and on and on*)
Her: I think she's pretty.
Me: (thinking to myself* well good for you!!!) I think you're much hotter hun.
Her: really? (Smiles*) so if you had to choose between the two of us, it would be me?
Me: Yeah of course (Feeling romantic*), to me you're the most beautiful girl in the world, I couldn't care what anyone else says or thinks.
Her: OK..I'm getting sleepy now, think it's time you left?
Me: Really? Ok...

So I leave and after 10 minutes she calls me crying, saying I cant believe you said that. Do you think I'm ugly or something?

You just got the female version of the guys with no self-esteem. Don't pick needy people as partners -- they're like a bucket without a bottom. Whatever you pour in, it'll never be enough. That's how you get scenes like that.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
LOL at the suggestion of stop having low self of esteem...

That is like saying stop being depressed, or stop being anorexic or stop have OCD!!! It not that simple to just stop, you cant wake up one day and just decide to have better self worth... or decide tomorrow is the day im gonna get better, clearly the poster has never had low self esteem or confidence...

Well, yes, there's a lot of work involved, but it's not like there aren't any ways to achieve better self-esteem. Get counseling, read self-help books, etc., etc. In my early twenties, I was such a spineless worm that I couldn't look at myself in the mirror anymore -- so I took action to CHANGE myself. There's no quick fix, but if you start today, in a couple years you'll thank yourself for it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
This was a fun thread. The best was the post of the whiny girl, which could just as easily have been a whiny guy. I'm sorry the talent pool both sexes seem to be frequenting is so shallow and immature. You could both tell stories about each other for hundreds of hours, I'm sure.

You've posted some real truths here. I'm not complaining. But I am an old guy with a long term marriage and seven grandchildren, so I know it can be done. The best advice I could give with the benefit of hindsight is to not try so hard. Do your own thing and follow your own dreams and the realtionship--the good one--will come.
edit on 11/26/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Very wise.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by winofiend
You actually let your female on the internet?

You're asking for trouble...

Please just forgive the above poster. He was raised by the Ferengi.

P

Seriously - what's next? Dude gonna let his female start wearing clothes or something?

What IS this universe coming to?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Has it occurred to you that some us share our lives (I'm not talking to your pc now) and I would be more than happy to for my wife to answer using my login as long as she made it clear it was her answering and not me. I have no doubt she would tell me and I would put my point across as myself later. It may be the case that a lady feels the need to address an issue immediately before the train of thought is lost. The is knows I've gone off topic before now simply by logging in and thinking later damn I need to edit that.

While I appreciate you taking the time to speak for Akragon ( Not his PC with her leering over his shoulder), I'm all for people sharing their lives. Trust me, I'm ALL for that. She just came a cross as being a tad hypocritical IMO. Yes, she made it clear it was her, and yes, she did admit she doesn't want to register, but she did take the time to read enough posts to want to comment on it. Whining about the whiners. What was that you said about editing a post before clicking "submit"?

If I were Akragon I would be a little annoyed that while she doesn't want to take the time register ( which takes all of 1 minute) she will take the time to form a learned opinion about something and then use me to to post her response. Which probably took more time to write then it would've taken to register. If what she said was constructive criticism, that would be different. But all she did was flame a general set of posters under her BF's username. It's called internet etiquette and she wasn't practicing it.

It's not a big thing, nothing to worked up over, but I do like to voice my opinion about things once in a blue moon and while this topic piqued my interest, I didn't use someone else to respond to it. I did use my brother to post some things for me some time back while my PC was down, but he's 4,000 miles away. That doesn't count.

So, enough of responding to someone speaking for someone else...............No, I don't have star envy Cody. I'm not a

( Fair warning . If you're Politically Correct, don't click these links)
youtu.be...

www.sing365.com...-lyrics-The-Rolling-Stones/C0A3A3BCF82CAC014825689A00291942

Sorry, but that's what I think about posters here who seem to live for their star count. It's how they get their rocks off I guess. I post here to share my opinions which, I've been told, add a new angle to a square box. I'm not an echo chamber. I keep things interesting. I may not have a large following, but they are consistent which is what matters most to me.

All in all though, this thread has generated some lively conversations. Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor

I've never complained about women online. Especially not on ATS

Yup. Perfect example of vapid, shallow idiots attracting equally vapid, shallow drama queens. It's the Law of Attraction.

But someone self-aware enough to make that video making fun of themselves...? that's kind of attractive.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join