It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Social Engineering Exposed: OSD Human Social Behavior Modeling Program

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Your right. How many times have I roflmao when "He had his back to the camera boss, but I caught a reflection off his pupil and blew it up. Here he is Sir. We found him with facial recognition." or the "The whole drives encrypted, it will take me a few hours to crack it."

So much of those shows are junk science but they take many people in. Many states put out crime stats vs Police solve rates. They are really low. Even when they put huge resources into a crime, they do not always solve it. Many cases they do not even try. They are too busy giving tickets out and being good corporate revenue raisers.

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Meh, best of luck to "Russia today". Personally, I think they offer a clear window to the future of a few regions: a finite amount of capital fluffed up by depleting energy futures and a gangsta-style economic/governing approach unequal to the task of keeping even the most ruthless oligarchs afloat. Most of the former USSR territories post-1990 had to fall back on local agriculture and periodic blackouts to get by. However, they were mostly fortified (I guess you could call it that) with an ingrained sense of fatalism and an even more deeply embedded cultural stoicism.

We've got other things going for us, but are essentially poised on the brink of a bunch of similar pressure points.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

That leads us to the real world extrapolation of the CSI effect... Our juries are now pooled by people who have a mostly blind faith in these forensic technologies.

Recently ( maybe 6 months to a year ago ) it was finally proven, for example, that two unrelated men had nearly identical fingerprints - at least in terms of the processes used to "read" them - and that one had spent years in prison over a "hit" when it was, in fact, the other person.

Of course, also, the words "DNA match" are also deeply ingrained in us. A news story that says "The suspect had a 99.9% DNA match" is enough for us to feel very sure of guilt. But the reality of that statistic is that 2 out of every 2,000 people could be a match. Apply that to a city with a population like New York, and then factor in transient traffic like tourists and people who live within driving distance...

Again, this is just one aspect of the way that our perceptions are played.

There are many others... Most, as of now, tend to involve a sort of blanket trust and obedience to "experts" - such as thinking that our doctors are brilliant and rarely make mistakes.

But other obvious applications of it have been easily seen. Such as Iraq and weapons of mass destruction. We were told, we believed and we spent fortunes and so many human lives in the bargain.

Still... even these varied examples only touch on the very tip of it all.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Getting the developed world to accept the denormilization of smoking, is proof to me of social behaviour modellling.
First they came for the smokers...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

With the additives, it just wasn't worth the catastrophic insurance costs.

Which doesn't mean that smoking in moderation (1 to 2 per day) isn't awesome for cognition, with limited health effects, provided the tobacco or nicotine substitute isn't high in carcinogenic additives.

It's all about the new options, and the rapidly diminishing returns from immoderate practices.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Another teaser...

Ever wonder why the fascination with Tweeting or updating a FB status a hundred times per day?

Eating lunch at Casa Tejano - the fajitas are AWESOME!!!
Just walked into Burlington coat factory and OMG the sales!!!

Updates on what you're doing and where you're at, built into the social model and verifiable by GPS chips! Who needs spies when you've trained your entire population to spy on themselves - and all for a handful of
symbols.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Getting the developed world to accept the denormilization of smoking, is proof to me of social behaviour modellling.

I like your post for some reason. It's indicative I think.

Somebody or some group is always trying to "fix" other people. As they gain power and become more mainstream they can rather effectively quiet objections or opposition. When there're enough people that you approach or surpass 50 percent then the people themselves will smoke out the rogues. In that case, there's no need for a broad-based program; you can just rely on the people.
edit on 26-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
In a series of threads, over the past four or five months, I have endeavored to address not just the issue of manipulation, thought control, and social engineering - but also the players, mechanisms, techniques, and agencies engaged in this ancient form of warfare - now much more dangerous due to media...

Well, you've certainly endeavored well, brother. This is, imo, your magnum opus and a verrrrrry important issue. I'm irked that I'm late to this party, so I'm in the process of catching up.

The only thing left out, so far, is a certain person who has some ties to not only to this kind of "tech" but, coincidentally enough, this website as well. Not saying that means anything in particular. *Whistles Off Key*

Another salute to you, Soldier...a damn fine bit of research and stupendous presentation.

I'll leave, for now, with the following Johnny Cash song with a big KUDO to another fine soldier, DarkKnight21, who posted it elsewhere this eve. Only this time I think the Dawn of the Dead version is in order:

edit on 26-11-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Getting the developed world to accept the denormallization of smoking, is proof to me of social behavior modelling.

Somebody or some group is always trying to "fix" other people.

People don't need fixing. Or engineering.

Teaching? Yeah, I'd buy that. It seems to be the only approach that has ever worked.

A lot of the ways that have been devised for people to get by need to be modified. In a big 'ol hurry.

In a full-klaxon situation (I think we're close); it's a puzzle wherein the maze has no fixed center: compressed populations will attempt "fixing" as a last ditch option. A target population is isolated and eliminated and resources are freed up at great moral expense.

Our future is more important than blood or oil or gold.

The pain of the high-entropy global economy is that human misery and resource depletion are abstracted into a financial value.

First resort would be revaluing our remaining energy reserves to the attenuated needs of our grandchildren. And gearing any wide-scale behavioral modification scheme to accommodate those realities.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Now they don't care if we know?
That speaks volumes to me.
The open authoritarianism today boggles my mind.
As if to say, this is all routine, noting to be excited about.
"We just want to control how and what you think"
ok.
Remember that we're living in Battlefield America.
(coming soon to video game stores near you)
It's enough to make one give up.

Yep. Nicely stated. Not just the quoted part either. And we know what that means: The Set is complete and nothing can stop the Show once the curtains are finally pulled back.

They love the smell of "popcorn" in the morning...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Another teaser...

Ever wonder why the fascination with Tweeting or updating a FB status a hundred times per day?

Eating lunch at Casa Tejano - the fajitas are AWESOME!!!
Just walked into Burlington coat factory and OMG the sales!!!

Updates on what you're doing and where you're at, built into the social model and verifiable by GPS chips! Who needs spies when you've trained your entire population to spy on themselves - and all for a handful of
symbols.

~Heff

Heff, a point too far!

Why in God's name would anyone want to know where these people are. Why would you bother. Add some Prozac to the MacDs buns, they will be fine.

The object of the exercise is to find those people that should be at those sales but never goes.

You need to find those people that buy really weird crap like rare earth magnets, an ionizer, 20 x 18650 batteries and battery holders as well. Why would any normal person want 10 pure copper computer heatsinks and 20 meters of 5050 led strip lighting. Quick, get the swat team.

I only mention all that crap because it is on my work bench. I'm gone

The idea is that those with FB and Twitter can be controlled very easily by simply filtering their accounts for certain words.

It is the ones that do not conform and do not have FB that you need to watch. What! His IQ is how high! Send in Swat!

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
The object of the exercise is to find those people that should be at those sales but never goes.

You need to find those people that buy really weird crap like rare earth magnets, an ionizer, 20 x 18650 batteries and battery holders as well. Why would any normal person want 10 pure copper computer heatsinks and 20 meters of 5050 led strip lighting. Quick, get the swat team.

I only mention all that crap because it is on my work bench. I'm gone

The idea is that those with FB and Twitter can be controlled very easily by simply filtering their accounts for certain words.

It is the ones that do not conform and do not have FB that you need to watch. What! His IQ is how high! Send in Swat!

P

I like you! However, and here you are. Run, now, like the wind, brother...and roll like thunder.

edit on 26-11-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbakeI think the problem arises when the government tries to control how we think -

You hit the subject right square on the head in a nut shell. Government mind and educational control starting in our public school system. Great post.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

"Thought viruses that can be created and then used to control" is a brilliant quote by you and so true, different varying forms of psyops are employed to do just this, from more mass mind manipulation tactics through the media to more localized psyop versions of this enacted through forms of gangstalking/gaslighting.....

Also how far will the government go to control your mind the answer is pretty far, besides all the regular forms of conditioning the public we also must look at a more glaring horror and that is the use of mind control type technology such as direct energy weapons to control the mind remotely, here's a good thread discussing one of those types of weapons.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-11-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Oh, dude, why are you worried? You sound like you could get by on some fundamental electrical engineering groundwork. God, more power to you. If (when) we have to cobble all this stuff together with scrap materials and piecemeal resources, you are the dudes that will keep the juice flowing.

only mention all that crap because it is on my work bench. I'm gone

Don't go. Your neighbors will miss you, man.

The idea is that those with FB and Twitter subscriptions can be controlled very easily by simply filtering their accounts for certain words. May be true, but still cuts multiple ways.

P

Okay, you can see the shell game.

Good.

The person annoying the almighty crapola out of you on FB is going to need your help. They might not have been the best neighbor ever, but you could help them get through.

And vice versa.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
interesting stuff, i have no doubt that society is steered in a way that the movers and the shakers want. the question has always been, too what extent and to whos ideas.

Michel Foucault, this mans name comes to mind when i think about false lies and society ^^

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

The only thing he has to offer is his wife and she was hit at birth with an ugly stick.

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Eidolon23

The only thing he has to offer is his wife and she was hit at birth with an ugly stick.

P

Hsrsh, man.

I'm a lady, and I understand that my appearance bears upon my chances for insemination (though not survival ) past two generations.

Not worried, but still. Harsh, and short-sighted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join