It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Social Engineering Exposed: OSD Human Social Behavior Modeling Program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Brilliant thread. And that is what we are living in, a highly controlled world with everyone in their boxes and very uncomfortable at being exposed to anything outside these tiny little cages. I guess from there comes the progression or regression, do we push at the sides and force windows to appear, and even doors to escape with, or do we with placidly accept this, even though all the official stories have a thousand holes in them?

Another question might be this. Are these elites and black ops behind our leaders, formulating methodology, doing so strictly out of self interest and massive desires for control and wealth? Or are they on leashes and actually believe themselves to be co-creating/designing the earth school and the parameters for the students. I want them to eat humble pie with everyone else by the way. Its only fair.

I mean if we want to get all that creative, maybe we should start designing schools for them to overcome their massive egos in .
edit on 26-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
This would be one of the most important discovery to me, a psychology major, I have seen on this website. I know that Skinner was involved with this kind of research in the 60's and 70's - I will have to check out more of your work.

I think the problem arises when the government tries to control how we think -
edit on 26-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Jeewhiz Darkbake, do ya think so?
This is the face of the enemy.
These are the machinations which those who hold the power and wealth use to KEEP IT!
Notice how there are so many more of the children of the powerful and wealthy taking over the reigns of goverments agencies and corporate entities?
The power is handed down from generation to generation and it is reinforced as much as scientifically possible, by these goverment and private projects

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hi again,

Hef? Would you like to see the types of university programs that are geared towards developing research pros in the very fields suggested in the docs you posted?

You know, it's part of the job for academia to anticipate the needs of the Nation. All I mean to say by that is that a lot of what you posted sounds funky because a lot of folks have never heard a lot of the terminology they are using. But this stuff has all been coming together since the 40s, and really has its beginnings in the 19th century if you can dig that.

Here, I would like to go here myself, pay special attention to the courses offered on 'social modelling' and 'GIS'

Krasnow Institute

Also, take a moment to familiarize yourself with this, if you have not already.

Computational Sociology

Here's a shortcut...

Model Gallery

P.S. Everything you see in the model gallery can be created with open-source software. Learning curve is a bitch, but it is freely available...

OSGeo Live!
edit on 26-11-2012 by Xoanon because: they left their 'tools-of-conquest' just laying around all over the place

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My question is IF these strategies are being used here inside of the USA, why?

Why would they need to do something like this to their own people?
( nation building on foreign soil yeah, i get it, but nation building on US soil? If so, what kind of a nation are they trying to build?)

Why would they want to change how Americans think and feel?
(control?)

If so, then to what degree? In what ways? Just to change their political outlook, or their social outlook, their psychological perspective? Just how deep down the rabbit hole are we talking here?

So many questions on this one!!!

My basic thought is that if you can successfully change how another person thinks and feels, you can change their behavior, when you are able to change another's behavior, you have in effect changed the environment. once you have done this with a majority of people, the environment has changed, behaviors have changed, thinking has changed.....reality has changed...

my mind is over processing, i need to go have a cigarette for this one....it really made me think!

Thanks heff...there is so much to consider!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

when i was in call center forecasting, one of my jobs was to forecast absenteeism. Not just call ins, but also absences from the workstation (unscheduled breaks). I had a programmer that worked for me that was brilliant (not sure how i ended up with him, but he once was a script QA for the coders at the Waxahachie Supercollider).

He came up with an algorithm that could take prior behaviors, on the individual level, and predict future behaviors. Problem with it was, we couldn't get it to be anywhere near accurate on individual levels. But on the macro, 100 agent level it was up to 95% with only about 2 months of data to go from. We had to mothball the project before really getting to do much with it when the company did its annual 4th quarter budget crisis. We averaged, over the last 7 days that we were alpha testing, about 90% overall accuracy in predicting both the length of absence, and the time incurred when measured on agent groups of at least 100 (it didn't give much more improvement when we doubled the sample size, with around 100 or so seeming to be where the sharp bell curve levelled out).

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Our society has to fit with the sustainable lifestyles as outlined in the UN manual for global living called Agenda 21.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Why would they need to do something like this to their own people?

One answer might be two-fold: because the network was already in place and we were the most available resource to provide the beginnings of the databases which their proto-typical models are based on.

Look at the amount of fire-power (so to speak) that they are trying to recruit to understand other cultures so they can crawl up in their heads and offer them a Coke and a smile.

Now consider how much easier it is to access the culture you are already in.

So my answer to "why?" would be something like, "Poor impulse control and impatience with a side order of lack-of-creativity."

To All:

I was wondering at this point if anyone is remembering the Men in Black(OPs) thread posted by TheGut? Or perhaps the thread entitled, "ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS". The same question came up in those threads, "Why would they do this to us?". Well, if you have read what Hef has posted you will see that one of their primary concerns is getting a handle on belief; how to switch it on and off. Can you all see how ATS might fit in to that?
edit on 26-11-2012 by Xoanon because: ?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The majority of people who put revealing or potentially damaging/incriminating logs of information/habits up for all to see are confused imbeciles, so the compiled data will be skewed in the favor of anyone with a bit of sense.

...Unless those that don't exhibit "normal" characteristics and behaviors for their approximated /grouping from a skyview are considered threats. Which in case everyone grab a tube of hair gel and some indoor bronzer, and put all your shirts in the dryer on Hi. This should be enough blending to get by for a time.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Many love to talk about a coherent agenda of manipulation of the public by the top levels of various institutions and industries. Indicators as solid as this are few are far between.

For me, the most important part of the post is this:

Why do you think what you think?
Where did you learn it?
Where does your input come from?
Who controls that information?
What are their motives and agendas?
Can you really trust that "what you know" is not implanted, indoctrinated thought?
Do you have the strength to question everything - even that which you truly believe is correct?

It's a simple concept, developing critical thinking skills. But it seems as if we are lacking as a society when it comes to differentiating truth from propaganda, and a skilled population in doing so would be far less susceptible to being manipulated by a government, or it's contractor, with the mission of artificially creating a people with whatever type of thinking pattern they deem to be favorable.

Not to overlook the good info on the organizations highlighted, these serve as hard examples that people in large quantities are seen as a data source that can be controlled like a science experiment...

But we're never going to stop groups from attempting to control people. We can, however, make people more difficult to control.

In thinking about the areas that most contribute to the way people think on a societal level, I'd point to education, religion, and entertainment more than anything else.

The one that is most easily used as a vehicle to develop a more independently thinking population is education. Currently, our public school systems are geared more toward learning concepts than the concept of learning...

I see a stronger public school system as a way of solving nearly all of America's domestic problems. From making people more eager to serve the community, to encouraging people to see questions as much as they see answers

It is ironic, though, that I am arguing in favor of changing a major institution to shift the thinking pattern of the greater population. That is exactly what we're talking about as a negative thing...although we're talking about the initiator being a government that seems like it can not be trusted.

I'm reminded of Heff's previous thread admitting manipulating the thoughts of his readers.

I think his manipulation goal is similar to mind, manipulating people into being harder to manipulate.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

My quick cure for lacking critical thinking skills: turn off whatever you have that is electronic. Once you do that you have time to think. You have idle hands that want to do something. You start to figure out how to do stuff.

As a society we have disgarded our regard for that which is produced. We focus on the end (the payment) and not on the product. There is no pride in what is created. To how it gets created. Things are made to be consumed, not to be marveled at.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
reply to post by pheonix358

Hi pheonix358,

Marginalize or imprison those whose intellect and / or training allows them to see straight through your efforts.

Take control of any University courses that may bring awareness of your actions to the upcoming generation. This knowledge must be suppressed by any means necessary. Make course structures such that everyone passes with little difficulty diluting the entire field of study.

Make the average people fear your agents.

Just wanted to drop a quick note to suggest that this is not their approach at all.

DARPA is crowd-sourcing its projects and announcing contests with giant prizes for winners.

They have changed their tactic (if that ever was their tactic, it wasn't during the cold-war, for instance; again: see John Nash, Game-Theory and cybernetics) and they are trying to turn it into a big exciting research party.

There's no subterfuge, it's all right there where Hef posted it.

One way of looking at it might be that this is no longer, if it ever was, a secret, carefully plotted course; it's a drag race. .
edit on 26-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

I could do the standard reply and say, YES, THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK

But I won't

Lately it seems as though they have simply thrown caution to the wind. Many instances of us seeing quite good glimpses of what they are doing right under our little noses. The only thing I take away when this happens is a feeling of immediacy.

We are too late, they know we are too late, whatever will happen is unstoppable from their perspective.

So hold on to your seat, the ride gets bumpy from here.

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by pheonix358

Lately it seems as though they have simply thrown caution to the wind. Many instances of us seeing quite good glimpses of what they are doing right under our little noses. The only thing I take away when this happens is a feeling of immediacy.

You're not wrong, there, friend. We've got pressing issues, and open source has proved out. I think, I could be wrong, but I think there's a "we're probably screwed anyway, but we're definitely screwed unless we are able to engage the general population in coming up with the solutions" school of thought getting some funding thrown at it.

The ultimate reach-across-the-aisle gesture or the penultimate reach around. I, for one, wanna get in on that action either way, because things are starting to look grim. And they know us well, so they are making it a competition- sometimes a straight up game- to grab our interest. Prizes, anyone? Personally, I find the game itself provides sufficient reward. It feels good to work together to figure things out.

We are too late

Hopefully not. Hopefully we can all try and make the rough come-down off the petroleum bloom a lot less rocky than it's shaping up to be. If we can get the general population onside.

They know we are too late

Outside projections seem to indicate that, but there's a still a huge chance of success. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so much recently vested in open-source style think-tanks.

whatever will happen is unstoppable from their perspective.

Nah- hubris or optimism. Either way, we'll keep trying until the lights go off.

So hold on to your seat, the ride gets bumpy from here.

P

Wurd.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I don't think anything is really hidden. It is "hidden in plain sight".

You can find info on all manner of things on the web. It is just buried among links with similar keywords, and hard to find.

And as it regards social engineering....if you pay attention to people, it is obvious how you are tracked and what "they" are looking for. Just combine good common sense with perusals of government sponsored studies on human behavior, and predictive algorithms.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"All your base are belong to us....Cats"

Second.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

If you were them, and you knew what was a commin, would you want I bit of 'we told ya, yea, we did'

Reminds me of the end of WW2 when all the mid level SS officers started being real nice and doing deals and being real nice, smiling and all that.

That is how I see it. They know what is about to go down and they know we will be a trifle upset and they know we will be armed and they know we will be looking for them. So they play 'we are little cute flowers, all in a bunch.'

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by Eidolon23

That is how I see it. They know what is about to go down and they know we will be a trifle upset and they know we will be armed and they know we will be looking for them. So they play 'we are little cute flowers, all in a bunch.'

P

I think the kind of "them" you are likely referring to might not exist. Seed banks, DUMBs, etc... it indicates a contingency structure- it won't matter how rich you are when your private island is submerged under three feet of recently freed-up water. Even in your sweet underground facility, genetic drift is gonna give you headaches (and eyes that are a little too close together) within a few generations.

And that's assuming you have some sort of means for food production underground. Or energy production. Which we can't rule out, but yeah.

We pretty much can rule that out, given all the available evidence. Sorry, I just don't think we've cracked fusion, cold or otherwise, quite yet.

There might be a "oh crap, we really are all in this together" light firing up. And even if there isn't, there should be, and we can all be the filament.

Oh yeah, the guns. About that.

Another limited resource. Unless you've been stockpiling ammo, and even then, entropy is king.

But while they're still around, and a lot of people have them: when people have more bullets than they do pounds of grain, you better have stashed some trusty kevlar garments somewhere if you have any pretension to producing food for yourself without getting iced.

Uh, worst case scenario. ^

edit on 26-11-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thus far, thanks for the outstanding participation and resources provided everyone!

Good stuff.

Addressing indoctrination through education, which is being discussed. I see this as the old model for this process. The problem with it is that it's slow ( taking at least 13 years ) and relies upon hundreds of thousands of teachers to fall in line with the agenda. I personally had several teachers, in public school, who basically "threw out the textbook" and followed their own lesson plans.

But here is a thought. Most of us believe today that if we create a heinous crime of some sort - a highly trained group of people will show up, via jet, within hours, who will find a thread from our shirt, a shoe print in the dirt, or a hair, fingerprint, or skin sample... and that they'll simply feed this information into a computer and our names and addresses will pop up.

For the most part this is all bunk. It is largely fantasy. In reality a fingerprint might get you interviewed. The rest would, at best, only be evidence used against you in trial - if you were charged.

The reality is that most criminals are caught for two reasons. One, violent crimes tend to be committed by people who know the victim - thus limiting the suspect pool. Secondly, and more frequent, guilty people talk. They confess to friends, spouses, children, etc. And THIS is usually what gets them looked at for prosecution.

So why do many of us spend out lives worried that if we ever shoplifted an apple - the hair we left behind would get us prosecuted?

A very real psychological operation and phenomenon known as The CSI Effect.

You want a population afraid to go against the grain - and one which follows all the laws you happen to pass? You could go "old School" and line London Bridge and the Tower with severed heads... Or you could partner with media and use a bit of truth, mixed with a LOT of fantasy - and convince the population that it's that easy to catch guilty people.

This is just one small example of the types of behavior modification and social engineering we are discussing.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join