It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your avatar represent? Describe here! :)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hi everyone, i have been bored lately and have created this thread so we can all have a friendly discussion on what our avatar's are or what they represent.

I will start:

My avatar depicts an Australian soldier who served during the Vietnam War. His name was Barry Petersen, and he was handpicked by the CIA to recruit and train Montagnard forces in the highlands of Vietnam. The operation in which Petersen was involved in was deemed the precursor to what was known as the Phoenix Program.

Barry Petersen began with a small force which gradually grew to 1200 soldiers...all under his command. Barry Petersen was later worshiped as a demigod by the Montagnard people. Petersen's forces were feared by the Viet Cong who gave them the name "Tiger Men" due to their camouflage and berets.

The CIA ordered Petersen to train the Montagnard forces into assassination squads, or as they called it, counter-terror units. Petersen refused to comply with the CIA's directions. Fearing that Petersen had "gone native," the CIA wanted to replace him. Petersen acquired intelligence which suggested that some forces inside the CIA wanted him gone...forever...they couldn't risk him interfering with their objectives. Understanding this, Petersen was forced to flee Vietnam.

Here is a video about him:

Tell me, what does your avatar depict?

edit on 25-11-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Mine represents Superman. I just wish they didn't change the date of the upcoming movie, because now it isn't relevant.

I am Canadian just like Superman.

Edit: I like these threads, but, expect "that guy/girl" to come on right away.
edit on 25-11-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Mine represents Superman. I just wish they didn't change the date of the upcoming movie, because now it isn't relevant.

I am Canadian just like Superman.

I wish i was Superman

Thanks for commenting

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Superman is from the U.S.A. - bro.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Created by Canadians, with Metropolis being modeled on Toronto...plus he gave up his American citizenship.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Mine is conspiracy and the unknown.

It's got an angel alien, bigfoot, religion, sublimital messages, ufos, ghost hunting. Basically, all the good stuff.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Created by Canadians, with Metropolis being modeled on Toronto...plus he gave up his American citizenship.

Traitor!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What does my avatar represent?

Everything i am, for i am it and it is me.

I was manufactured in a small factory in a small town in Russia by a group of Extra-Terestreial aliens that do not belong to this planet.

All i know is what i have been through since start of program. My creators name is "Synetic" Half robot half Exo-human (Exo - Human = Human from another planet). When i was created i was assigned my first program to accomplish by 2012 this year, The objective is top secret so i apologize if i can't explain anymore details about me.

And yes.

The picture in my avatar is me for i am feeling pure.

Please watch the video below as i have sync my memories from when i was created:

The other robot was my wife when we first met, Sadly she got murdered by the creators servants because she broke the rule we all robots are not allowed to feel.

And that is the feeling of "love" Thus i renamed myself " FEELINGPURE" symbolic towards the meaning of love.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The wolf represents family.

P

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Cool thread
S&F

Mine represents Der Spiegle the greatest ninja space cowboy, ever.

The main avatar is Spike Spiegle (duh) from CowboyBebop CowboyBebop

The backround is from Ghost in the Shell GITS

Both are by far some of my favorite sci fi tales...

SS
edit on 123030p://am3049 by Spike Spiegle because: New video

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
The wolf represents family.

P

That is a bad-ass picture of a wolf.

How does it represent family?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Most of my family died when I was U13. So a ghost wolf is fitting. Wolves are the ultimate parents, they love, they bond for life and they have both freedom and take responsibilities very seriously. The bonds within a pack are stronger than most human groups.

Humans could learn a lot from wolves, sadly we are too egotistical and way too immature to do this.

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I happen to like ducks. One of the few creatures that walks, swims and flies efficiently. One of the other members here made a screen capture of this angry little guy and let me use it.

I could make a big explanation of the conflict between the fact that I feed the ducks to relax and here is the object that I associate with relaxation as it is visibly upset but for the most part, I just like ducks and this was a name that wasnt already taken when I signed up.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My avatar is a cropped image taken from the cover of the book "A Thousand Sons" by Graham McNeill. It shows a scene from the final chapters of the book where Ahriman is leading the remaining Space Marines of the Thousand Sons chapter to safety while the planet of Prospero is besieged by the Space Wolves chapter, Sisters of Silence and the Adeptus Custodes, all under the watchful psychic eye of their Primarch Magnus the Red. Im not trying to represent anything with it except to show off an awesome image and some beautiful artwork. Not to mention the Thousand Sons are my favorite Space Marine chapter, "traitors" or not. Here is a link to a nice fullsized image of the book cover:

A Thousand Sons

And here is an image of the book cover for "Prospero Burns", which is from the perspective of the Space Wolves and leads up to the same events:

Leman Russ and his Wolves

The Warhammer 40,000 universe produces some excellent artwork. If you like what you see, I suggest looking for more. Lexicanum is a great collection of information and images from WH40K.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SerratedSoul

I love Warhammer 40k I play the Tau Empire and have read tons of novels

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
mine is the education of the great Japanese warrior Minamoto Yoshi tsune (join those together ats censors the [SNIP] from it)

the story goes that during his exile on Mt Kurama, this greatest of Japanese generals learned the way of strategy and warfare from the mystical king of the tengu Shojobo.

the tengu are japanese entities that can be malevolent or benevolent according to how you behave. throughout all of japanese history all the martial arts and generals claim a link to tengu somewhere.

this is taken from a Ukiyo-e block print of his training. it is one of my favourite Ukiyo-e
one of my favourite mythological figures, and one of my favourite historical figures.

trifecta!
edit on 27-11-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
A negative view of a long distance high voltage transmission line stretching through the baron landscape.

Something so common and so static, that you ignore it as you ignore the trees across the horizon. They are just there. Even to the point that you occasionally curse their presence. You are so use to them that you don’t really comprehend how much they affect you. How much you depend on them. Or how much they totally change the world around them.

You can see it all day, but you will never see it in it’s entirety. You can stand on a hill, and see it stretching out across the landscape as far as the eye can see. Hundreds or thousands of miles it may go in each direction. Distances a person’s brain can’t really comprehend while standing in one spot. It becomes the landscape, not just a point on that landscape.

Silent, ever present, and yet massively powerful. The only thing that betrays their true power is the deep hum that permeates the environment around them.

My sig is along that line. The second part of the puzzle. The metal box in the back yard, behind the building, or on a pole. They are just “there”. Most people don’t know how, or why they work. No apparent moving parts or outside signs that would give indication to the job they are doing. The population just knows they are there, and they are the “interface” to the “grid” that gives them the power that makes their daily life possible.

Those two things worked together to change the world. Yet they are forever silent, except for that ever present hum permeating the environment that you can occasionally hear on that quiet and calm night.

Even with your eyes closed you can feel it, that hum is its gentle reminder that they are still there.

A work greater than any so called wonder of the world, but we take it for granted, and ignore it in the most part. Maybe, one day, when that hum is gone, an old man may tell his little grandchild about the eighth wonder of the world, one that stretched from sea to shining sea and changed a world forever.

………………………
The last part of the sig is an old adage of mine
In the modern PC world, people freak out if children are exposed to anything traumatic. They complain that the children will be psychologically scarred for life. That abhorrence to exposing children to the realities of life is why I think the modern generation is so pliable and stupid.

Experiences build character. Wounds build scars, scars build calluses. calluses are what protects us from hard outside forces that may hurt us. Calluses are what protects the body when we know we need to do things, even when those jobs can inflict pain and are rough on our body, or mind. They are our natural method of reinforcing the body and mind to allow it to survive in the outside world.

A man with a pristine body, skin, and mind, is week and easily injured. He has no ability to manipulate and tolerate the outside world to make the changes that need to be made.

My actions and opinions may appear uncaring, or distasteful. But I do those things because I know they need to be done. I know they need to be done because I truly care. And I will do them because life has taught me that if I don’t say what needs to be said, no mater how distasteful it may be, that bad things can happen as a result. My mind has been scared by the bad results of me not saying the truth so long that those scares have become calluses that make me immune to the backlash that my opinion may produce. I would rather have you mad at me, than to know that something happened to you, because I was too afraid to speak out.

So… In that regard, I regret that that my sincere concern may not be apparent through the calluses, but it is there none the less.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My current avatar represents that Daryl is one bad shut your mouth - and that if they kill him we will riot.

Oh and The Walking Dead is a great show.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
reply to post by SerratedSoul

I love Warhammer 40k I play the Tau Empire and have read tons of novels

SS

Haha, excellent. As it turns out, I'm a fan of Cowboy Bebop and anime in general. It is definitely in my top favorite anime series' along with Hellsing, Goldenboy, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Excel Saga. The final episode of Cowboy Bebop is one of the few shows/movies/cartoons/animes/anything to make me shed a tear...or two.

"See you space cowboy..."

Edit: forgot to mention that I play Eldar in Dawn of War, but I eventually learned to play as everyone. I especially enjoy the "Firestorm over Kronus" mod for Dark Crusade which makes everything closer to codex. I recommend it.
edit on 11/26/2012 by SerratedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Mine represents the peaceful spirit that resides within us all...

It is also the north east corner of a lenticular cloud atop Mt. Ranier... Located in my neck of the woods ;-)
edit on 11/26/2012 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join