It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Subways and Clandestine Underground Transit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Very interesting read so far...Thanks! S&F

The only question that arises is that these massive structures, equipment and rails were no doubt constructed and maintained by the working class. And as such would be very difficult to keep a secret. So why is it we don't know more about such huge undertakings?

A few beers with the boys on a Saturday night and it's all out in the open. And it would take 10's of 1,000's of people to build these things. So how is it kept a secret?

Peace

edit on 25-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I agree.... it would take 10's of thousands of people.

But to counter your argument, wouldn't the Army Corps of Engineers be capable of building such structures? And wouldn't they be bound by some security clearance?

It doesn't even have to be the ACoE..... The DoD is the largest employer in the world and could have plenty of specialized departments to build bunkers and so on.

There's a lot of people in this world and it doesn't take very many to do something big.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I remember the show that the History channel, or some other channel, made showing the old car that was likely used by FDR, and who knows who else, back in the day. I am convinced that secret tunnel systems of this nature exist for the sole purpose of ferrying government employees and vip's. It is not a bad idea really, as keeping them secret means that the security of the passengers is maintained. That is understandable.

As far as how these systems are built without anyone noticing, it is not that difficult. With facilities that used to be secret, but are now known, it has come out that the construction was disguised by building something else on top. They did this with that large hotel, placing a huge underground bunker beneath the facility, and no one knew anything about it, until it leaked or something like that. Someone exposed it, so they abandoned it if I remember correctly. They did a show on tv about this as well.

It would have been easy for them to build a tunnel underwater without anyone noticing, although building it would have been difficult. One day we will hear about it when a submarine crashes into it, flooding the tunnel and killing someone important. I know the Siberia-Alaska tunnel could be done relatively easily, but I do not really know what purpose it would serve. But a trans-Atlantic tunnel seems a bit far-fetched, if not impossible. Maybe it could be done, but I think there are too many potential risks. And most important people have their own private aircraft that could ferry them around the world whenever they need to travel. A magnetic train would be fast, but would they really do this? Is it that necessary?

The fact that celebrities are using secret subway systems sounds plain dumb to me. I understand why the gov would use them, as they need to do certain things in secret, and there are other countries trying to infiltrate or potentially sabotage infrastructure...but celebrities do not really face anything similar. They probably do not like getting hounded in public, but then they should have chosen another career, lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
S&F for this one Sky.
Fascinating subject and one I fully agree is real.
When the SHTF people will be watching for all the bigwigs to be flying off to Denver.
If fact they will be riding the maglev 500 below ground sipping champagne as they go.
I have friends in the mining industry who have confirmed as much to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It took the Army Corp of Engineers over two years to build one 7 mile tunnel. And that's without the necessity of keeping it secret. Miners also don't have this difficulty. Could an underground rail system be built across the country? yes. Could it be kept secret? No. There is just too much material that would have to come out.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Riga, Latvia apparently have one secret metro line for the local elite. There was an article years ago about it - I need to dig it up.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I will flag this and star it for some research later. I will provide some links for what I am about to say when I have time to gather them. I lived in Buffalo, NY for about 10 years give or take a year or two. There used to be tunnels under all the buildings, some still exist today. I worked in the Lafayette a few years ago. It has since closed, but it had passages that lead from other buildings throughout the city, unfortunately most were closed off. I also worked in another building a few blocks away and most of its tunnels were still intact and people used to go exploring all the time. In some cases have gotten lost for several hours. Most of them have been filled in, redirected and etc. There are no maps and people can get hurt. People there always talk about the whole city once being connected by a massive underground tunnel system, though there has never been any proof of it aside from local witness accounts, and my own

This is a good thread, though Buffalo has no subways, they were big on rail, and there is on abandoned station there that makes headlines every so often: Buffalo central Terminal. I have heard kids talk about tunnels there too, though I never seen them and they are hard to access.

Until I can do more work, here is a pretty cool video to give you an idea of what really lies under Buffalo:

edit on 25-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

I have lived in Western New York for most of my 58 years. A few things in your post need to be clarifyed. First are there tunnels under Buffalo? Yep they are all over the place, but they are maintenance tunnels for utilities as you would find in any city.Under many of the buildings, as indicated by the video that you posted there are also vaults. These are used for storage and also for moving goods from the street to the inside of the buildings. These are in many buildings in many cities.
As you worked at the Lafayette Hotel, You will be happy to know that it was purchesed by a local gentleman a few years ago and completely refurbished. it has been open for a couple of years and is now quite beautiful.Lafayette Hotel

Buffalo has had a subway since 1986, construction started in 1978.They are now refurbishing the cars which are now quite old. Buffalo Metro Rail
This gentleman works in the tunnels of the subway and has an interesting site. He points out some of the BS that residents have to put up with in this area. metro downunder Buffalo

Now those things said, I have been down in the maintenance tunnels in many parts of Buffalo over the years and they are mostly no big deal. I am a maintenance person and have many friends in that trade who work in these tunnels every day. As I said they are no big deal for the most part. The tunnels under the central terminal were for moving passengers to and from the tracks for boarding and disembarking from the trains. There are also the manditory maintenance tunnels for acess to the utilities which are underground. I've been in them years ago when there was no blocks to access. There are, however, Tunnels in the city that nobody talks about, mostly because nobody knows about them anymore.

On the lower west side of the city near the Niagara river there are very old homes which have been there since the British burned the city in The war of 1812. These homes had tunnels that went down to the river and were used for smuggling goods to and from the Canadian side of the river. How do I know this you may ask?

Well back about 30 years ago a good friend of mine had a bachelor party at one of these homes which was owned by his dad. His father took us into the basement of the home and showed us the tunnel. Now at this time it no longer went to the river cause in the time between when I saw it and when it was built, there had been homes built over the path taken by said tunnel and it had been filled in by the building of these homes. The Niagara thruway had also cut off the exit at the end near the river.

The gentleman who owned the house told me that he had done research on these tunnels and had found that in the early 1800's there were dozens of tunnels used by smugglers on the Westside of Buffalo. During the Civil War these tunnels were used to smuggle slaves to Canada. This area was a hotbed of slave smuggling and there are still homes and farms that have secret rooms and hidden areas where the slaves were hidden until they could be taken to Canada. There is even a tour of the area which will take you to some of these sites.

Many were opened back up during prohibition and used once again to smuggle alcohol from Canada. There are smuggling sites all over WNY, as this area shares a border with Canada.

A most interesting thread topic OP. I would not be the least bit suprised to discover that the country or perhaps even the world is crisscrossed by an underground system of subways or maybe just tunnels that could be driven through by the elite in a certian type of situation. S&F and very well deserved.
edit on 11/26/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hi, great post. This may or may not be of interest to you urban explorers

I read the majority of the thesis earlier this year and your post reminded me of it.

Amongst other things they have explored some of londons "closed" stations.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

As far as Toronto goes, I live in Toronto and Bay has always been accessible to me and every one in the city.
Cool concept though! I often wonder about things like this, and it wouldn't surprise me if there were more than just average subway tunnels down there.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and there is a government facility that used to be called Naval Avionics, it has a different name now. Though I have never been in the facility, it has been rumored that missiles or parts for missiles were built there. Another rumor was that this facility was connected, via underground trains, to other military bases. It was said so they could safely transport the missiles.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
hi guys
im back..
back at ATS
just have to post
that i just love ATS for people like the OP
this thread is cool, nice, well put and have good pictures
i have been in here sneaking for years, been a member too before, and thats why,
i do remember skyfloating for his good stuff
credits and flags from me

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by galaq

have to reply to myself,
i can't even flag... or maybe i forgot how to, think i have to write me 20 posts before i can do something again...
this is number 2
more coming....
have to do something... -about this..
18 post to go..
gotta be a poet by then..

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Underground facilities make sense. There is evidence they exist, so even an entire underground city is sure to exist somewhere. I think they may even be common place. I mean airports for instance move massive amounts of dirt during construction, and are typically fairly secure...seems like a perfect cover to hide something, especially with all the midsize airports being built nationwide over the past few years despite airlines being near bankruptcy. As far as railways are concerned, I don't think so. The removed material COULD be disposed of without drawing too much attention IF the tunnel was routed near mining towns, but then the miners would have to know about it to prevent drilling into it. I could buy short evacuation rails say from the Whitehouse to say a somewhat close airstrip or military base, but the logistics to build even a single cross country tunnel are mindblowing, much less to do it in secret.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by galaq

if somebody is up to it i do want to take that mag train from london, they do deserve some mf to go there just for the fun of it....
but i guess nobody in the whole of europe is up to something.... borings psheeple..
its just that i do know alot of crazy people but nobody likes me advanced subjects and if i should find someone who i liked and who liked this # its like 1 in a million and that is a lot of people to look thorough
i bet i would find that crazy mf in the states.....
or in australia or nz, or in africa, but proberly not here....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I was originally going to point out that there's no tunnel from NY to London, but someone else already pointed that out. However, maybe there will be one someday. It's interesting seeing how many USG secret facilities were outed around 9/11. I'm guessing either they built new ones or still had a few relatively secret ones left undiscovered.
edit on 26-11-2012 by StalkerSolent because: Already posted by someone else...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

edit on 26/11/12 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
The second time it was open to the public for Doors Open Toronto, and I happened to be in town. If you're really keen to see that part of Toronto, wait for them to run that again. You're really not missing much, in any case. It's a subway platform. There's nothing really special about it, other than being a permanent monument to bad transit planning.

Cool never heard of "Doors Open Toronto" before, I'll defeintly check it out, seems to be an annual event.

Found this video of the lower bay section from doors open in 2008

edit on 26/11/12 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by galaq

I used to live in a City called Copenhagen, they are building Metro again now, and from the start they built a tunnel under something called Christiania, a hippie Paradise, but this tunnel was not part of the Network, it was a tunnel for when you start i think and also for keeping the trains, like a depot, i always wondered about that

Now the are building again, after maybe 10 y, part 3 of the system, i am sure that underground systems are far beyond, light years beyond the average perception of this

If the SHTF the best counter strike on an EVIL minded government would be to go for them in their underground systems!

Norway has room for 2.000.000 people out of their 5,033,675 according to a rouge member of parliament who came clean to the public

it should be a human right to have equal shelter in case of emergencies but i am sorry to say that Norway which would leave out 3 million still is has the highest percentage of all...not that i have any knowledge but i do believe in this and i think it is the most evil thing and that they are actually having/planning their own slave camps down there, i know i just got it from seeing you tubes and Dr. Strangelove but it just seems so technically possible and also practical in like 007 Spectra.

I think its spooky that Norway has a Doomday Vault and shelter for so many... Its like we built all this # for fun right???

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by galaq
reply to post by galaq

I think its spooky that Norway has a Doomday Vault and shelter for so many... Its like we built all this # for fun right???

Norway also has an underground seed vault, in the northern Arctic, just 800 miles from the north pole.

Does Norway know something we dont?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

That is a global seed storage and seed preservation station.. the Norway Government paid for it but it's operation is mainly funded by the Bill Gates Foundation .. nothing secret about that station and run by a non-profit organization/trust. Btw, it exists since the 80s..

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm curious if the OP really read most of his own sources?

1. Tom Cruise didn't go around in HIS own private subway, a production company rented a subway cart for him to travel in as a PR stunt for Mission Impossible 3. Nothing else.

2. There is no tunnel between New York and London. Seriously did you even read the article at all? It says that the telescopes are connected via fiber optic cable and an HD camera and projector.

If you can't be bothered to read your own sources I'm not going to trust a single hunch of yours.

But on topic, yes there are tons of secret tunnels, service tunnels, old subway networks that aren't in use anymore because of safety/logistical reasons.

The one secret tunnel myth that fascinates me the most is the one about Denver Airport and its supposed underground base.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join