It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Subways and Clandestine Underground Transit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
It's not a secret, it is that no one cares. It's very public. It was done in 1858. And several times since then.

Its commonplace to build transatlantic cables? OK...kind of makes sense. I stand corrected. The article about a "secret tunnel from NY to London" does not support the OP and I added it without proper examination.

Yep it was done 3 times in the 1800's for the telegraph. None worked particularly well if I remember right and the first one barely functioned at all. It's been done numerous times though. If I didn't know it was done many times I would probably be of like mind. It seems quite a daunting task and I wonder how it's accomplished without the line breaking (that would be one PITA to repair).

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm sure it's been pointd out already, but Tom Cruise didn't ride on a secret subway - he rented a private subway car...

And the NYC subway stop you showed isn't secret, but abandoned - and well known...

The idea that there's secret subways is pretty absurd, for about a million reasons - such as:

subways take massive and continuous maintaince - there's no evidence of that
subways take years to build and are very expensive and difficult to build - no evidence of that
subways are great for mass transport, but not especially useful for "elites" transport - what's the point?

This whole thing is pretty silly IMO.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
So in the event that where about to see the SHtF

They'll take the private subway
to the private train
to the private bunker
to watch us all get irradiated live on HD
and then turn into cannibles and eat each other

as they indulge in strawberry short cake mre's and sex with hookers

Then when it's all done they'll come to the surface to dominate those that have made it threw the collapse...

and then we'll do it all over again!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Mainly replying so I can keep tabs on this thread as the disused underground stations and secret tunnels always interests me especially in London as I only live 40 miles from London

Who wants to go searching in London

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The following is a picture of the secret subway station of the White House.

Source: The Capitol Subway System

Lol...this pic reminds of the train station in Matrix, when Neo was stuck between the Matrix world and the machine world.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

subways take years to build and are very expensive and difficult to build - no evidence of that
subways are great for mass transport, but not especially useful for "elites" transport - what's the point?

There is evidence of plans for such subways dating as far back as 1972. There is evidence of subterranean communities. There is evidence of measures for "continuity of Government". There is evidence of secret subway lines and non-public stations. Thats apparent to anyone who followed the OP. So we ask the question: Are there secret subways?
edit on 26-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Am I missing the reason you posted the following?

www.ohgizmo.com...

I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

There is evidence of plans for such subways dating as far back as 1972. There is evidence of subterranean communities. There is evidence of measures for "continuity of Government". There is evidence of secret subway lines and non-public stations. Thats apparent to anyone who followed the OP. So we ask the question: Are there secret subways?

There is SOME LIMITED evidence of this stuff, but not enough to leap too, "Tom Cruise has his own secret NYC Subway system".

The "elites" can get around by helicopter, jet, submarine, and in the case of Richard Branson, his own private spaceship, they don't need fixed point subways, and in fact there's no evidence they exist.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There has been underground shops and tunnels under downtown Dallas for decades.. It took me years to figure out how all of the men in suits could walk around in the heat and humidity and not break a sweat on hot summer days until I became aware of the tunnel system... The strange thing about this is that there is very few people that are aware of them even though a person can go from one end of the downtown area to the other very quickly and all of the major office buildings can be entered from them....... maps.google.com...,-96.798713&spn=0.008226,0.016479&z=17

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This has been covered many times in the past.
If your REALLY interested in the subject, I suggest your read this article from Project Camelot:
projectcamelotportal.com...

Quite a few FACTS with a little bit of speculation.
Good read though... And with PICS! So it happened.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The shortcomings of the OP have already been addressed and repeatedly confessed on the previous pages, so you`ll have to excuse me not to repeat myself and henceforth be on the lookout for additions to the "secret transit" idea.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Cant really say that I've seen any sort of credible evidence that there are "secret subways", at least not in the way that many people see that term. There are obviously ones that are not for the use of the general public, but that does not mean they are secret at all (e.g. the White House one). I could also accept that there are probably other short-distance systems available for emergency use between other locations, mostly having to do with continuity of government plans.

As for the idea that there are these "secret subways" that may connect coast to coast, or Groom Lake to the mythical underground base and shelter in Denver, etc ... this whole idea is a bit much, at least right now. The technology is there to be able to build the tunnels like this, but I dont believe the infrastructure required to do this would be something capable of being hidden. The manpower, the equipment, etc ... its just not feasable at this point in time.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Great thread OP, kind of reminds of Resident Evil 2 with the underground lab

I think we'd have to be naive to think there aren't secret underground tunnels and facilities that has underground transport networks.

Excellent work OP, we all make mistakes but I for one, appreciate what you were getting at with this thread

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It's not an actual tunnel.

I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video. But who really cares, you can still look in one end of this device in New York and see out the other in London. You’ll find one end next to the Brooklyn Bridge, and the other across the pond, next to Tower Bridge.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Not precisely a "secret tunnel", but an early example of "royalty" (the Medicis) using tunnels to escape the hoi polloi, the Vasarii Corridor ( Corridoio Vasariano) in Florence runs from the Pallazo Vecchio, (town hall) across the Ponte Vecchio (bridge over the River Arno) , to the Pallazo Pitti (Pitti Palace.)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am sure something very short could be done on the QT, but nothing major. Maybe a side spur that goes to a particular building or some such could be done and kept quiet. I travel through one of the longest railroad tunnels in the US, and it is only 7 miles long. It never fails to amaze me how much material had to be removed and disposed of for that tunnel. We travel over the tailings for many miles and there is no way it could have been hidden. It is even visible on Google Earth!

I just don't see how the leavings of such a system could go unnoticed, even in a wilderness.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I can understand that government personel have ordered the construction of these massove tunnels that lead to nowhere known..

I cant understand how a tunnel can be built through the Atlactic ocean to connect NY and London
That water gets deep and whatever is under there is unknown to the public domain.. how would humans built under all this water pressure with technology that we know of, without us being aware of it ?

The idea that the gov are building these incredible transportation ports underground is plausible; but the connecting ports from NY to London is un realistic with our understanding of techology and under water consctruction.

Nice thread, thought provoking indeed
thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The following is a picture of the secret subway station of the White House.

Source: The Capitol Subway System

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is NO subway station at the White House. The image is of the House Subway Station, as in the House of Representatives, and not the White House or "Executive Mansion". I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have some sort of underground evacuation system for the President and his family, but the image is not it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join