It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Subways and Clandestine Underground Transit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
To the OP - you suggest that his station is part of some network serving the elite.

My question to you: What possible reason would you have for thinking that? There's no benefit to using that station, which is why it was abandoned.

Im not suggesting that that specific "abandonded station" is in use. Im trying to find the scarce shreds of evidence pointing to non-public subway stations. Its a desperate attempt and gaining attention so that readers might look more closely at their own city to see if anything more tangible can be found.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Good contribution. Any puzzle piece will do to help gain a bigger picture.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Just to give you a bit of history behind the Laurel Hill Tunnel. This tunnel was to opened to vehicle traffic on October 1st, 1940. The tunnel was originally bored out by the South Penn Railroad back in the late 1800's. Once the railroad had went bankrupt. It was then left there and in the late 1930's. The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission decided to renovate the tunnel for vehicular traffic of the then proposed Pennsylvania Turnpike. After the upgrade of the Pennsylvania Turnpike to interstate highway standards. The increased traffic coming from the four lane interstate to use the two lane tunnel would cause traffic bottlenecks on both the east and west protals of the tunnel. In the early 1960's, the decision was made to close the tunnel in favor of the bypass that was being constructed one tenth of a mile away. On October 30th, 1964, the tunnel was closed when the bypass around the tunnel opened.

Yes, the tunnel is currently leased out to Chip Ganassi Racing through the State of Pennsylvania.

On another note, I did notice that there is no mention of the secret tunnel that is not well known among people here in West Virginia. The Memorial Tunnel on the former alignment of the West Virginia Turnpike has been hidden for years. Dubbed one of "The toughest construction projects of the Twentieth Century." The vision surrounding the West Virginia Turnpike was first started in 1949 when then Governor Okey Patterson created the "West Virginia Turnpike Commission" to oversee the research of the feasibility of buidling a highway like this over the mountainous terrain. In November of 1951, the alignment between Charleston and Princeton, WV was chosen with construction beginning in 1952 with a cost of $133 million dollars. Five million of that set aside for a tunnel to be built between Cabin Creek and Paint Creek.

That tunnel was the 2,802 foot long Memorial Tunnel along with the two hundred eighty four feet high Stanley M. Bender bridge. One of the first of the Memorial Tunnel was the use of closed circuit television to monitor traffic coming through the tunnel. This tunnel was one of the most advanced and safest tunnels east of the Mississippi River. However the tunnel's time would come to an end for the time being. When the Turnpike was dualized to interstate standards between 1982 and 1988. The Memorial Tunnel was one of the victims of the upgrade when it was bypassed by a half mile long cut in the hillside just opposite of the tunnel's east portal.

Closed to interstate traffic in 1987, the tunnel has been home to the "Center For National Response" and host training exercises for a wide variety of disaster drills and drug enforcement training. Everything from building collapse drills to anti-terrorism training. It has also been used in tests regarding experimental tunnel ventilating systems like the systems used for the Central Artery Tunnel in Boston. It also hosts training exercises for a wide variety of disaster drills

[ats=650x650]http://www.wv.ngb.army.mil/jitec/CNR%20Website/images/tunnel2.jpg[ /ats]

edit on 26-11-2012 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I think you are right. I know that the tunnels in Westchester were made for the elite to go back and forth to the city without detection. They were said to connect to the cities tunnels. You could fit a horse drawn carriage in some of them. Others were from house to house, or in the cities case, from building to building.

Nice.

edit on 26-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
While you are at it, edit out Tom Cruise's "secret subway", which the article says was simply a rented train on the D-line. Also, the steampunk London-NY "tunnel" is non- existent. the article says it is an art project, connected only by fiber optic cables.

Interesting thread, and I read somewhere about a very complex and secret tunnel system throughout Switzerland.
edit on 25-11-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

My "time stamp" to edit out stuff is over. It wouldnt be fair to use my Moderator-abilities while posting as a normal member. Thats OK, you cant have perfection.

Anyway...I Googled "secret swiss tunnels" and similar because I had a hunch about that too, but I did not find anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Well If your feeling left out you can join the elites and reserve space in an underground community like the Surefire community I posted above or this one i found while researching. www.terravivos.com... These folks supposedly have ten such communities around the world.

Thats stunning. Id say where there are underground communities there is probably also underground transit.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
First time posting, so bare with me.

Back in the 1990s, Texas began creating massive reinforced tunnels underground. After the plans were cancelled to continue the construction of the Superconducting Super Collider, the mere thought of those tunnels reminded Texans of the hit our economy took afterwards. I can't seem to find any believable maps of the planned route of the tunnels. You can find stories about how it was scrapped after 14 miles and even those tunnels were sealed off. However, considering the specific probation conditions recently given to journalist Joey Dauben, his story regarding the tunnels should be required reading.

Probation conditions listing in article found at (www.waxahachietx.com...)

Before his life became a legal battle by day, a jail cell by night, I had the honor of meeting this gentlemen at a few different Ron Paul debate watching parties in the Dallas area. Without siting specific accusations, I will mention the story involves Ellis county elected officials, child sex trafficking, corruption, and cover-ups.

In case you skim this over and skip reading the probation conditions, he is forbidden from having a Facebook account, more than one email account (one acct must be work email account), no posting to blogs, he is not allowed to use any device that can access the internet. Instead of a year in jail, they opted for 5 years of supervised probation and being restricted to Ellis county with an 11pm curfew.

I hope my first post wasn't annoying or off topic. Sorry I do not have any good pictures to do with it. But hey, that could be by design.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by hawkiye
Well If your feeling left out you can join the elites and reserve space in an underground community like the Surefire community I posted above or this one i found while researching. www.terravivos.com... These folks supposedly have ten such communities around the world.

Thats stunning. Id say where there are underground communities there is probably also underground transit.

Had a good look through the VIVOS website.
$35,000 per person for 100 sq feet of living space, that's 10 ft by x10ft. Each shelter holds up to 200 people.

I think these shelters are designed to take advantage of people's fears, with their mention of escaping nibiru or Planet X. That was a red flag for me!
It sounds like you have to reserve it, so you would pay this fee and its ready to use when catastrophe hits. When nothing happens, and its very likely it won't, do you get your money back? Do these shelters actually exist or is this just a scam? One page mentions it doesn't get built until you pay.

I

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by trustbutverifyTX

Dauben link seems to not function, blank page where there should be a story. Interested.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Real interesting topic!
Although reading into that tom cruise article a bit, he doesn't use a seperate, private subway.
It was for a movie release, he hired a subway train for the night so he could turn up to all three premieres.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Not sure if anyone else debunked this so ....

I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling

There is no tunnel from NY to London.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well rich cats fly on their own aircraft in order to maintain privacy and not be burdened with the TSA or wasting a half a day attempting to board a plane.

In the past & they've always added their private cars to the end of trains and probably still do. Sure some of them have private access, just like they have special stadium entrances and special hotel entrances and exits.

Private tunnels of more than a few miles is questionable though, mostly due to the cost of building such and keeping it secret.

A bit off topic here. Does anyone remember a science fiction movie from the 60's(?) where there was an underground war and they used tunnel boring machines or perhaps mining machinery to expand their territories and advance front lines etc. Sort of like the scene in Total Recall when the boring machines broke through the caves fighting the resistance.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

"But wait...there is already a secret tunnel going from New York to London. Its baffling how it could be built while hardly anyone noticed: Secret Tunnel from New York to London "

Did you even bother reading the article you linked? It's not a tunnel, it's fibre optics.

Furthermore all subway system have service tracks, stations and tunnels for maintenance which are not accessible to the general public. That does not make them 'secret' or anything.

edit on 26-11-2012 by ziplock9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Not sure if anyone else debunked this so ....

I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling

There is no tunnel from NY to London.

Can't believe it needed debunking. Anyone who bothered reading the article, noticed that.
How disappointing!
The one from Siberia to Alaska real cool though.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Tom Cruise's production team paid hefty money for that "secret" subway line; as the article itself states. Did you even bother to read the article or just link it blindly because the title met your intended narrative?

The Cruise story was added to show how money buys exclusive rights, not to prove secret subways.

The New York-London line? As pointed out, the article again paints a completely different picture than what you presented.

Yeah, that was a mistake. But only somwhat...its still a feat to lay a transatlantic cable with hardly anyone knowing about it. I am a newshound and was not aware of it.

I know, you are just a moderator but you represent ATS....and this....outside of the conversational aspect is all bunk and nonsense; in relation to what you linked.

I am posting as a mere member, and Im not posting to win a perfection contest.I readily admit that the evidence is sketchy and that the subject requires more research. This is completely separate from Moderatation, which is a volunteer job to help detect T&C Violations.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by swaps
A friend of mine who lives in La Junta, Colorado told me he worked for a golf course in suburban Denver. He said his boss told him a boring maching started a tunnel at the golf course and began burrowing an underground path. My friend said he saw air shafts that were said to be associated with the tunnel.

Thanks for sharing your story. Im particularly interested in this part you quoted. Would you happen to remember the name of the golf-course?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Tom Cruise's production team paid hefty money for that "secret" subway line; as the article itself states. Did you even bother to read the article or just link it blindly because the title met your intended narrative?

The Cruise story was added to show how money buys exclusive rights, not to prove secret subways.

The New York-London line? As pointed out, the article again paints a completely different picture than what you presented.

Yeah, that was a mistake. But only somwhat...its still a feat to lay a transatlantic cable with hardly anyone knowing about it. I am a newshound and was not aware of it.

I know, you are just a moderator but you represent ATS....and this....outside of the conversational aspect is all bunk and nonsense; in relation to what you linked.

I am posting as a mere member, and Im not posting to win a perfection contest.I readily admit that the evidence is sketchy and that the subject requires more research. This is completely separate from Moderatation, which is a volunteer job to help detect T&C Violations.

It's not a secret, it is that no one cares. It's very public. It was done in 1858. And several times since then.
edit on 26-11-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
It's not a secret, it is that no one cares. It's very public. It was done in 1858. And several times since then.

Its commonplace to build transatlantic cables? OK...kind of makes sense. I stand corrected. The article about a "secret tunnel from NY to London" does not support the OP and I added it without proper examination.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I would like to defend you and your post. To the person claiming it is all bunk and nonsense, I disagree. I think there is some wrong information, but the idea is worth pondering. It's interesting, and not the typical garbage (what I consider garbage) conspiracy posts I see.

You don't have to be right to have a valid thread, just an idea worth expressing. And anyone interested can see my previous encounters with mods, I don't kiss anyones booty, in fact I tend to hold Mods to a higher standard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join