It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot' DNA sequenced in upcoming genetics study

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The reason this isn't front page yet is because the study is under peer review. It hasn't been published yet. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear that the samples went missing though. Also, it won't prove anything until one is captured or killed, unfortunately. But, it will be extremely good, hard evidence.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This is awesome S&F

I've always wanted to believe in bigfoot without being laughed at
Let's hope this is finally some proper evidence.

Definitely going to keep watch of this thread

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I guess this would be interesting for Lloyd Pye who has been investigating Bigfoot for some time and who is also the holder of an alien skull currently undergoing DNA mapping: www.lloydpye.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

Interesting...some female(s) boinked something ape-like 15,000 years ago? A whole lot of 'cross-boinking' had to be going on for quite some time to get a new species self sustaining.

The source tested is 'purported Sasquatch hair samples'. I can't wait until Druscilla gets in here and rips into this.

For now I'll hang back, observe and wait until they haul in something we can see, smell, and 'poke with a stick'.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

Interesting...some female(s) boinked something ape-like 15,000 years ago? A whole lot of 'cross-boinking' had to be going on for quite some time to get a new species self sustaining.

Much more likely IMO that most cases would not have been consensual, especially given the time period when even human sex was often prob. not.

Prob. a case of women getting split from group, clubbed and dragged (or just carried while screaming and kicking) back to La Casa Bigfeet.

Just sayin'.
edit on 11/25/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Most likely you are correct. They probably also tried to keep the women captive for as long as possible and just kept impregnating them over and over as long as they could. I assume this was basically a battle of genetics where our more brutish cousins were eventually dominated by our brain power and pushed even deeper into the woods and almost made extinct. After all, if they stole a woman they would have to go hide in a very far remote area that we could not reach otherwise we would organize an attack and raid their encampment.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
I've been looking forward to this study being published for a long time. It should be really interesting to see how its accepted by science and the public.

Oh yes, this is all those government DoD labs need. A new DNA to play around with.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Funny, I was thinking this when I wrote that:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You're assuming they originated in North America, you know what they say about ''assuming''? LOL

Sample's haven't been ''lost''.....more LOL

The hard science will be released, people will have time to go over the genome sequencing, more study's will follow . I put it in the crypto section since until the rest is published it's where it belongs. It can easily be moved to breaking news, or a new thread started later. No biggie.

....and sorry but shawn evidence's site ''bigfoot evidence'' post's anything and everything with no vetting done, I don't see it as anything more than the national enquirer. JMO

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Evildead

That would mean Bigfoot are the giants they gave birth too..

Funny how everything ties in to the Bible isn't it ? The so called book of myths and fairy tales.
People should learn to face facts as they truly are.

Google Genoskwa !
edit on 24-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Well, this is interesting (drama that is) on Robert LLindsay's blog -what do youse guys (and ladies) think 'o this?

I think I need a body (live or dead) myself to much crazy stuff starting >>> Original Ketchum paper mentioned “angel DNA.”
A source tells me that Wally Hersom has discussed the initial version of Ketchum’s paper. According to Hersom, the paper is very well written, but its conclusions are hard to take.

Ketchum writes that there are aspects of the Bigfoot nuclear subhuman DNA that she cannot find in any DNA database, and according to her, this means that the DNA is not of this Earth. In the paper, she reportedly refers to this as “angel DNA.” Whether she is trying to say that it is from angels literally or whether this is her way of saying that it’s from outer space, I do not know.

Hersom was reportedly disappointed in the paper and averred that while this may be true, no scientific journal on Earth is going to publish anything about “angel DNA.” I would certainly agree with that statement. Sure, maybe there is “angel DNA” in the Bigfoots. For all I know, this may be true. But on the other hand, of course no journal will touch this with a 10-foot pole."

above info in care of
robertlindsay.wordpress.com...
"

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. This study has not been published, and as a scientist, I am not going to believe squat until I see the paper and the materials and methods supplement. Remember the guy who falsified the creation element 117 or 118 by putting in the data at the last minute? This lady runs a commercial genetics lab of course she has competing interests. I suspect this paper will get gored in peer review.

Also it is my firm belief that any population large enough to sustain genetic diversity would also be large enough to be easily discovered by means of animal bones with hominid tooth marks, dung, skeletons, and fossils. People talk about these animals ranging across the western coast, look at the hypothetical distribution! myrmecos.net...

There would need to be tens of thousands of these animals AT LEAST to maintain diversity in that kind of range. I don't buy the lower estimates. Consider this, ape brain size is directly correlated to larger social groups, humans being able to support the largest 200, anything beyond that and we loose comprehension of those other peoples humanity, they are just that dude on the street. If Sasquatch is reasonably smart as we infer it would have a social group at least as large as a chimps, or around 15-150. Even at the lowest end we start to see a problem. You get 15 large animals that are constantly eating they are going to leave behind some evidence. And you need to have these groups densely spaced enough that they can breed without traveling too far into unknown territory where they would encounter roads. If we were not to find them they must obviously be a very secretive species not prone to leaving their home area. We would need a high density of these groups FOR HUNDREDS OF MILES. Now explain to me again why we haven't we found bones?

She also uses the term "novel" way to much. Her scientific writing is in bad form
edit on 25-11-2012 by rationality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rationality

Great info!! makes sense!

I myself think about this alot: "January 1972
Corporal Shoichi Yokoi was found by two hunters while he was fishing along the Talofofo River. He brought back his army-issue rifle, which he said he wanted to return to "the Honorable Emperor," adding: "I am sorry I did not serve his majesty to my satisfaction." He had seen reports of Japan's surrender in leaflets and newspapers scattered about the island but refused to surrender because he thought they were American propaganda. "We Japanese soldiers were told to prefer death to the disgrace of getting captured alive," he said. He died on September 23, 1997 click to read his obituary

"I am sorry I did not serve his majesty to my satisfaction...We Japanese soldiers were told to prefer death to the disgrace of getting captured alive," - Shoichi Yokoi, 1972.

** "March 5, 1974 - Lubang Island - 2nd Lt. Hiroo Onoda
Probably the most 'famous' of the Japanese holdouts, Onoda was the only survivor of a group of four. He surrendered 29 years after Japan's formal surrender, and 15 years after being declared legally dead in Japan. When he accepted that the war was over, he wept openly." WOW !!

** April 1980 - Captain Fumio Nakahira on Mindoro
Captain Fumio Nakahira of the Japanese Imperial Army, held out before being discovered at Mt. Halcon in Mindoro.

January 1997 - 85 Year old Sangrayban discovered on Mindoro ** HOLY MAMA!!

+++above account in care of : www.wanpela.com...

It just might be "wild men (and wild ladies) hidding out for who knows how long, through-out the USA and Canada etc..

These "wild folks" could have started "hiding out at "who knows when" through-out hhistory of mankind.

The end

edit on 25-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: spelin of cores

edit on 25-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: summary added

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

bump bump

edit on 24-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

hey randyvs/all, just want to point out that this video is a project by a video production company. the last moment of the video is a website address, studiodrome.com.

this is the website of a film producer named Shawn Brannon. it is easy to see contextually that this is a fake video of a bigfoot. maybe not a hoax (meaning it was intended to deceive), but definitely not a legitimate video of a bigfoot. the link to the production company/person at the end of the video is very strong evidence of that.

your first post in this thread, randy, about David Paulides and his book, however, is fascinating. thanks for the link there, however I would love to hear more about how the youtube poster and yourself are linking the disappearances with bigfoot. I understand that could be one answer to the disappearances, but is there evidence of bigfoot playing a role in the disappearances, or is this just speculation?

@ the OP:
very cool. this is incredibly interesting. if physical evidence of 'bigfoot' or any non-human, north-american, seemingly-ape-descendant is found, just... wow. science would flip a turd 7 ways to sunday.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
I found this quote interesting;

Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

Could it be that the "unknown HOMININ Species" is...THE NEPHELIM?!!

The males that came to Earth and mated with homo sapien females?

That would mean Bigfoot are the giants they gave birth too...

Does the time frame of 15,000 years ago match the date of the Nephelim story?
edit on 11/24/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

Lets think about this for a second...

So... a super-advanced highly evolved race eons older than us, come here, has some fun with a local girl and the result is... a giant hairy monkey that lives secluded in the woods very similar to what we would call "primitive"? Does that make sense? I thought not...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Other than a serial killer it makes me think of the Highway of Tears in British Columbia especially with the 1/2 human female aspects...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

They (Canadian Mounted Police) have stated multiple times they have finally caught the serial killer...then a few months or a year passes and another abduction occurs! 40 years of abductions and disappearances many with body never recovered in a very specific area! And there are always sightings in this area as well...

www.bfro.net...

Could Bigfoot be partially responsible for kidnappings that happen in National forests and wilderness areas?

If it is proven true that there is a mixed DNA then it would be a logical leap to this theory...
edit on 25-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Paulides alludes to this without blatantly saying so. It's worth some consideration.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This will be old news for some of you but there's a video on YouTube called Everything you know is wrong by Lloyd Pie,Pye?. I see someone mentioned him. Its quite interesting and he makes sense why we haven't actually caught one. Plus i live in Oregon and i can say if you try to step off the beaten path to head into the forest you can make it about 2 feet and you can't move any farther because its so dense and thick so i could see how they can stay hidden.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rationality

Look at PLOS1 and the prevelance of science abstracts coming out in uncoventional ways. It's becoming more and more the norm. If you'd been reading for context her paper is being pr'd with a russian genetic's publication. Waiting for the hard science to come out BEFORE tossing scorn around wouldn't be a hardship?

Limiting your focus to the west coast begs the question of all the reports from the east coast, southern US and across Canada. Since all conclusions regarding ''their habitat'', ''their population numbers'', ''their behavior'' is all supposition for the most part you're asking questions NO ONE knows the answers to, and making assertions on that basis.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Batfink420

It is definitely hard to travel off the beaten path out here in some places, makes hunting difficult sometimes. Some of my family members and friends have had some interesting experiences while hiking or hunting in very remote places in the cascades. I have had the hair on the back of my neck raise up a couple of times, and had the distinct feeling of being watched. At those times, everything in the forest gets dead quiet and I know there is a predator around. Most likely a cougar or bear, but who knows anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Are you suggesting that perhaps a species of 8' tall ape like species MIGRATED to North America and have taken up permanent residence all over it without being detected by modern man? I just don't by the idea that they migrated here. And again, these things are widely reported from Washington all the way down to Texas.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join