It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot' DNA sequenced in upcoming genetics study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

your first post in this thread, randy, about David Paulides and his book, however, is fascinating. thanks for the link there, however I would love to hear more about how the youtube poster and yourself are linking the disappearances with bigfoot. I understand that could be one answer to the disappearances, but is there evidence of bigfoot playing a role in the disappearances, or is this just speculation?

Did you watch the video to the end where they mention the Genoskwa ? If so, I don't understand your question. The Genoskwa are another part of the Bigfoot story. Native Americans say they are much more aggressive and have stories of them stealing their children that reach way back in time. The Native Americans are a lot more knowledgeable about these entities.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Hersom was reportedly disappointed in the paper and averred that while this may be true, no scientific journal on Earth is going to publish anything about “angel DNA.” I would certainly agree with that statement. Sure, maybe there is “angel DNA” in the Bigfoots. For all I know, this may be true. But on the other hand, of course no journal will touch this with a 10-foot pole."

Of course not science is completely biased.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't know ATS,

I smell something fishy...

We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.

news.yahoo.com...

I'm no expert on genetics, but, all vertebrates arise from a common ancestor. So, what vertebrate isn't a 'mosaic of DNA'?

And the veterinarian, Dr. Ketchum, is throwing around the term 'non-human' a lot, I don't think that being an animal doctor automatically makes one an expert on the DNA of the 'nephilim'.

Which Embryo Is Human?

And Randy?

Did you mean to post this video as evidence of bigfoot?

Sorry, I was confused by your post.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingCow

i think thats a bad idea
why do we need to find them?
theyve been around for 15,000 years+
just let them be, they dont bother us
if this report does conclude 100% bigfoot exists then i feel bad for bigfoot
you just know the forests will be crawling with gun toting trophy hunters!

some things are best left alone

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This article explains a few things.

dna-explained.com...

Dr. Melba Ketchum, one of the paper’s authors, states that, “The male progenitor that contributed the unknown sequence to this hybrid is unique as its DNA is more distantly removed from humans than other recently discovered hominins like the Denisovan individual. Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA. Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry.”

There are subtle and not so subtle messages buried here as well. Obviously, for the team to acquire 20 samples to process, there has to be a population of these creatures living in North America. Of course, everyone has heard of Sasquatch and seen photos and videos, but until this, nothing has been terribly convincing. There has been no smoking gun. If this research is valid and passes peer review, it not only confirms that Sasquatch is real, it vindicates many of the people who have had “sightings” over the years. It becomes the smoking gun. But as with much science, it raises more questions than it answers.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The source for this "news" is PRWeb. This is a website where anyone can pay money to submit a press release. If this has any merit at all, I'd still like to reserve jubilation for the peer-review process.

There's been too many smoking guns that shoot blanks when it comes to the desperately wanted "a-ha" bigfoot moment; just seems too good to be true. How many episodes of "Finding Bigfoot" and "Monster Quest" with all these promising leads do we have to endure before just filing it in the "we'll never know" basket?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Evildead

That would mean Bigfoot are the giants they gave birth too..

Funny how everything ties in to the Bible isn't it ? The so called book of myths and fairy tales.
People should learn to face facts as they truly are.

Google Genoskwa !
edit on 24-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Regardless of how you feel about the bible, they're fairy tales that were told by real people thousands of years ago and they most likely talked about experiences they had in that day.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

That's the thing with scientists...When you cal it big foot, they will say you are crazy, when you call it an hybrid of Homo Sapience and another hominin they will accept what you say....that is plain ignorance on their part

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Did you mean to post this video as evidence of bigfoot?

Ya I did without looking into it enough. So many jack asses out there cluttering up what's really going on. Apologies.
This subject has never been a joke to me. Since this was posted it has caused me to go back and look at all footage. It's a trip how different one sees them now, under the guise of this new find. Footage I myself wrote off as a hoax? Now takes on a much more real consideration.

I've always felt very uneasy out in the boondocks and up in Northern Calif. Never could sleep in a tent but always would rather the sleeping bag under the stars next to the fire. I imagined a Bigfoot just making a grab bag out of a tent and carrying everyone in it off for Thanksgiving . Gobble Gobble

edit on 25-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Evildead
I found this quote interesting;

Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

Could it be that the "unknown HOMININ Species" is...THE NEPHELIM?!!

The males that came to Earth and mated with homo sapien females?

That would mean Bigfoot are the giants they gave birth too...

Does the time frame of 15,000 years ago match the date of the Nephelim story?
edit on 11/24/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

Lets think about this for a second...

So... a super-advanced highly evolved race eons older than us, come here, has some fun with a local girl and the result is... a giant hairy monkey that lives secluded in the woods very similar to what we would call "primitive"? Does that make sense? I thought not...

Let's think about it this way then. The Wooki's are out cruisin' around and get lost, land on Earth for a break. Take a look around and see the planet is pretty boring about this time (15,000 years ago). They decide to camp for a spell, kidnap and have their way with earth women, then take off!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Regardless of how you feel about the bible, they're fairy tales that were told by real people thousands of years ago and they most likely talked about experiences they had in that day.

No regardless of what the cynical mind thinks they're clearly not fairy tales and clearly your post is nonsensical.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
reply to post by abeverage

Paulides alludes to this without blatantly saying so. It's worth some consideration.

I had just watched a Dateline or 48hours special on the Highway of Tears and the Mounted Police officer trying to be funny said it was not as if Aliens were abducting them but there have been cases with such little clues it seemed more than just your everyday human mystery as if they literally just vanished into thin air...
edit on 25-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by facehole
The source for this "news" is PRWeb. This is a website where anyone can pay money to submit a press release. If this has any merit at all, I'd still like to reserve jubilation for the peer-review process.

There's been too many smoking guns that shoot blanks when it comes to the desperately wanted "a-ha" bigfoot moment; just seems too good to be true. How many episodes of "Finding Bigfoot" and "Monster Quest" with all these promising leads do we have to endure before just filing it in the "we'll never know" basket?

The Genetic's Blog's author picked it up from there, it's gone out to every major news outlet unfortunately during a major holiday weekend. I would expect this to hit the fan overnight tonight into tomorrow.

Her sources also does not negate the material discussed, but thanks for tossing aspersions backhandedly. I believe people are smarter than that here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks Randy,

You know, to this day, I am not sure how anyone could not be satisfied with good ol' Patty...

There's Sasquatch, right there.

But I don't think that Dr. Ketchum's 'study' will be conclusive at all, I don't even think it will be published in an actual scientific journal, but in a Russian magazine dedicated to paranormal subjects.

And you already know that I don't think that Genoskwa are stealing children in National forests. Although, I suppose I could be convinced. I am always holding out part of my belief/disbelief system for the very strange.

Have you ever seen this? It's good reading for a Sunday...

www.thewatcherfiles.com...
edit on 25-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
Dr. Ketchum has posted a press release after Dr. Igor Bursev leaked the DNA study results. Looks like the paper will be officially released shortly.

Excerpt from the yahoo news story,

Five-Year Genome Study At DNA Diagnostics Yields Evidence of Homo sapiens/Unknown Hominin Hybrid Species in North America
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 24, 2012
Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.
The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A2KJ3Cd9gbFQNkEA.4zQtDMD

This could be interesting. If they say we're a higher development of the genome than poor-wittle-bigfoot I'll cease to believe them; as they force the old story to appear true because their own books and careers are based entirely upon old theory and conjecture. If anything, we are equal and there are probably more than one species of them worldwide; whether they be cross breeds, surviving [further adapted/evolved] Neanderthals, or Human sub-species.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Thank you for the link. I'm going to go deep into that one for sure. The Patty film has always been my crucible to the subject. Meaning it forged my belief.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

hi Xoanon
the second video in your last post isnt available here in the UK, stupid A$$ copyright

ive searched for the past 4 weeks or so since it was posted in this thread by TheLegend (8th post down) Squatch Visiting My Woods? for one that is available with no joy
ive never seen the original which is meant to be a higher quality compared to the one ive seen
its driving me crazy
if you or any other members that read this post know of a copy i can view i would be truly grateful.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Quote from the article:

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

“Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.”

If this holds up for scrutiny, it does not seem like a parallel species that has evolved separately from man during x numbers of millennia, but rather as a genetic experiment.

I'll allow myself some wild speculation here, this isn't a theory just some brainstorming. Funny how several remote viewers such as Major Ed Dames who have cued in on Bigfoot claims it is extraterrestial in nature, a creature that is simply visiting or being 'released' here.

Tie that in with the many genetic experiment stories about hybrids from abductees, and we get what? ET creating a new type of hominid? A bigger, faster, stronger treehugger version of ourselves? As said this is just Sunday speculation, but how come this creature cannot be found, in spite of all the hard attempts to track it? I agree with the skeptics' claims that any type of endemic hominid would need a population big enough to be found sooner or later. Bigfoot is known to sometimes cross roads, so where's the one that accidentally get pancaked by a speeding truck on a remote forest road? Something's not right in that equation.

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Ketchum ... reportedly refers to this as “angel DNA.” Whether she is trying to say that it is from angels literally or whether this is her way of saying that it’s from outer space, I do not know.

Interesting. Where did you get that from?
edit on 25-11-2012 by Heliocentric because: waiting for the words the depth of me in haiku tell you who I am

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by randyvs

Hi, yes, that does make sense, thanks!
No it doesn't. If this biblical god is all-knowing, or omniscient as they say, then he would have known that his flood would not kill them all. So...why send it? If he is all-powerful, or omnipotent as they say, why not snap his fingers and kill them all that way...making sure they were all dead? It does NOT make sense.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by tetsuo

your first post in this thread, randy, about David Paulides and his book, however, is fascinating. thanks for the link there, however I would love to hear more about how the youtube poster and yourself are linking the disappearances with bigfoot. I understand that could be one answer to the disappearances, but is there evidence of bigfoot playing a role in the disappearances, or is this just speculation?

Did you watch the video to the end where they mention the Genoskwa ? If so, I don't understand your question. The Genoskwa are another part of the Bigfoot story. Native Americans say they are much more aggressive and have stories of them stealing their children that reach way back in time. The Native Americans are a lot more knowledgeable about these entities.

I did indeed, but there was no specific link between the Genoskwa video and the David Paulides video - the Paulides video never mentions bigfoot as a factor in the disappearances. Is there evidence found in the investigation of the disappearances that hints towards bigfoot/sasquatch being involved?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join