It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we do on Dec 22?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm sure others also had the big conversations over their Thanksgiving dinners. What's going to happen in December? Will the world really end? Where do we want to be on the 21st? Will we be together as a family "just in case"?

If nothing else, it did provide for some good conversations and let us think about what we're really thankful for, our families (in many cases).

As I watched the children play and the adults laugh (what can I say, it was a GOOD Thanksgiving for a change), then the tears flow as we remembered those we have lost in the recent years, I wondered what was to come and whether this would be our last. Not only due to the 2012 concepts, but due to life itself. We've had many deaths in the past 4 years as I'm sure my purple sibling has shared on here. There has been so much change already in our family, but we're still holding on. What more is to come?

As always, the Holiday Season has brought forth nostalgia. Some of the injuries to our hearts are newer than others and cause much more pain. Some of it was of happy times and how the next generation is following in our footsteps whether it be good or bad. I had such high aspirations for the generation that has now reached adulthood. Some of those aspirations were met, others were not, but now we are able to transfer them to the next generation down. Mere babies, playing in the floor as we watch. Full of hope and wonderment, full of potential. Will the world be here for them? Will they get to grow up? My heart has no choice but to tell me "yes".

So, on December 22nd, do we do the same things we did on Jan 1st 2000? Do we do the same things we did the day after all the other "end of the world prophecies" that didn't come true? ... or will we be here to do anything at all? The logical side of me says nothing will take place out of the ordinary, the world won't come to an end, the following day will come and go and we will continue on just as we have. But, the spiritual side still wonders. Maybe it'll be the return of Christ himself, it gives hope and is the best possible outcome my imagination can muster, that is if the extremists are wrong as I know they are and everyone will have the opportunity to know and accept as opposed to their idea of being swept up while the rest of us burn. Yes, there is even the possibility that he doesn't exist, but my heart wants to believe he does. It's a matter of faith and belief. You don't have to share it in order for me to give you basic human respect and I'm not the type to shove it down someone's throat

Anyway, what will happen? What will the result be if it does or doesn't happen? Will there be riots regardless of whether it happens or not? Will people come together with their families or will the lash out as the hour draws near? Regardless of whether we believe it or not (I guess I'm in the "not crowd"), it still affects us. We are a socialized civilization. Even the fringe beliefs have an effect on us. We interact on a daily basis with the people around us. Their actions are determined by what they feel and believe, so it does have an effect on us whether we believe it or not. What effects has it had already and what effects are yet to come?

I guess I just wanted to ramble a bit and get it "out there" and see what others think or feel about the date closing in on us. What are your expectations? What's going to happen? What will be the results for either outcome?

Thanks for taking a moment to read and reply.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SproutKY

Just turn on the TV and see if anything strange is going on around the world.
Most people are just afraid of the unknown.
This reminds me of the Y2K scare. Remember?
-------
Y2K was anticlimactic.

2012 on the other hand is a very special date.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I just really feel this will be anticlimactic as well.

But, at the same time, it has had an effect on us all. I wonder if our grandchildren or great grandchildren will discuss in their history classes of the future how the "big scare of 2012" affected all of society?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If nothing happened go shopping, then get on the web/net and say told you so. if something did happen, then ill be up in them there hills.That is if them there hills are still there.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SproutKY
I just really feel this will be anticlimactic as well.

But, at the same time, it has had an effect on us all. I wonder if our grandchildren or great grandchildren will discuss in their history classes of the future how the "big scare of 2012" affected all of society?

People just fear the unknown.

Knowledge is power. BTW, have you noticed the sun looking less yellow and more white?
I saw this video the other day.
Biosphere adding Helium to our sun???

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I reckon we will just sit down and predict the next big doomsday day. We will justify it by saying that our calculations were off on the last prediction. That we didn't have all the facts..etc...

The reality is that we really can't say that such and such day is our last day. We spend so much time focused on the future dates without thinking that our lives may end in the present day. The best thing to do is to love. Love your family, friends, and enemies while you can.

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
If nothing happened go shopping, then get on the web/net and say told you so. if something did happen, then ill be up in them there hills.That is if them there hills are still there.

Stay away from the hills near Denver,CO.
That state is nuts.
DIA is an abomination.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

The sun isn't changing. The light emitted from it has always been white light, it's just refracted by our atmosphere so it appears to us as a yellow sun. Those are the wavelengths that make it through.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Probably one of the most accurate answers there is. We will prognosticate the next one.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'll be curing my hangover.
I'll be having an end of the world party on the 21.
with friends (who knows, I maybe a little bit prepared, just in case)

The afterparty will be in our lokal pub.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is no troll under the bridge waiting for 21.Dec to come out and destroy the world.
The 2012 21dec doomsday theory was started by the Mayans because their calender ended on that date but last year they found a second buried calender that continued on long after 2012, so myth busted.
There are of cause a lot of other doomsday theories for 2012 but most of them a born from the Mayan one.
its group mentality, I can prove it.. try and walk out into a crowded street and suddenly scream and run.. the people around you is affected, some will scream some will duck, and some will even run

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SproutKY
reply to post by TauCetixeta

The sun isn't changing. The light emitted from it has always been white light, it's just refracted by our atmosphere so it appears to us as a yellow sun. Those are the wavelengths that make it through.

You can buy a Color Temp meter at Amazon.com.

At noon the temp should be 5780K.
According to Tolec that number should climb up over 6000K at noon by August 2013.
Our sun is being shaked & baked by the Andromeda Council. - Blue / White Star -

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SproutKY

if we are mostly still here, eat the left over chinese food from the party of december 21.

then the mailman will bring the bills and everybody goes back to running(rat race) on the wheel like a chipmunk.

we will be made to feel guilty about not spending enough money on christmas.

the landlady will want her rent paid again.

i'll pick up another paycheck and distribute it all as usual.

some sadness that human society's problems are still here, and that nobody real is in charge.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Back in the day my childhood buddies and I built a sort of clubhouse out of an old decrepit chicken coop. Dubbed "The Coop", it quickly gained popularity in my circles. When we first heard about 2012 we were drinking and just partying in general at the coop, and we all promised each other we would come back to burn that mother down!

The plans are still on, just got in touch with everyone recently. It has been roughly seven or eight years, and we get to all come together to bring an end of the world to the Coop!

link   
Back in the day my childhood buddies and I built a sort of clubhouse out of an old decrepit chicken coop. Dubbed "The Coop", it quickly gained popularity in my circles. When we first heard about 2012 we were drinking and just partying in general at the coop, and we all promised each other we would come back to burn that mother down!

The plans are still on, just got in touch with everyone recently. It has been roughly seven or eight years, and we get to all come together to bring an end of the world to the Coop!

link   
party like its 1999 oh the world has ended already and we are just left over energy from days go by.

link   
"What do we do on Dec 22?"

Delete the 2012 forum and open a beer.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
nurse the worst hangover ever.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
"What do we do on Dec 22?"

Delete the 2012 forum and open a beer.

I think we should preserve the 2012 forum in print form. With photos.
It will be allot of fun to read one day.

It would be studied in universities world wide

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i'm gonna avoid ats, all the 'told you so' threads will be unbearable.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join