It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt - Update and Information thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There was a reason one of Morsi's first actions was a purge of Egypt's military leadership. They were the only real force that stood in his way. Egypt's armed forces still are the defacto power in Egypt, even with the sacking of military leaders by Morsi. I think Morsi has over-reached on his power grab, look for the General's to respond if chaos starts to happen. Seems Egypt just traded one dictator for another dictator. So much for democracy there.............

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: EXPLOSION IN EGYPT

Al Arabiya English ‏@AlArabiya_Eng
#BreakingNews: Large blast shakes the Egyptian city of Rafah: Al Arabiya Correspondent english.alarabiya.net... twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Al Arabiya English ‏@AlArabiya_Eng
#BreakingNews: Explosion destroys part of intelligence building in Egypt’s Rafah twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Large blast destroys Egypt intelligence building in Sinai

An explosion in the Egyptian city of Rafah near Gaza Strip destroyed part of an intelligence building, Al Arabiya correspondent reported early on Sunday. [developing story]

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Will Mursi's Egypt become a new Iran?

Egyptian President Mohammed Mursi’s recent decisions were seen by critics as an attempt to convert Egypt into an Islamic single-party state, but analysts downplay those fears citing Egypt’s moderate nature and its cultural diversity.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The lack of media coverage regarding the explosion in Rafah is astronomical. I wrote a small report about it, but to be honest, there is very little information I can find:

Explosion partially destroys intelligence building in Rafah, Egypt

An explosion has partially destroyed an intelligence building in the city of Rafah, Egypt. The explosion occurred just before midnight local time in Rafah. Witnesses report a large plume of smoke rising from the location.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
BREAKING:

Jack Shenker ‏@hackneylad
Fighter jets over downtown Cairo now twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Witchy ‏@nagoul1
Judges in #Egypt #strike in #protest against President Mohammed #Morsy’s constitutional declaration. #DNEdailynewsegypt.com... ~ #Morsi #MB

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters
Mursi to meet judges over power grab reut.rs...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

AJELive ‏@AJELive
Attack on Muslim Brotherhood headquarters in #Egypt kill at least one and leave another 60 injured. More Soon ... twitter.com...

@SultanAlQassemi
Al Arabiya: 1 killed & 40 injured in clashes between pro & anti Morsy protesters in Damanhur #Egypt twitter.com...
edit on 25-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
More Breaking News

@SultanAlQassemi
. @AlQaheralYoum's correspondent Gamal Abul Fadl estimates there are "thousands now in Clock Square" in Damanhur, security forces arriving twitter.com...

Witchy ‏@nagoul1
Thousands of anti- #Morsi protesters camp in #Tahrir, clashes move to Simone Bolivar square english.ahram.org.eg... twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Live feed (Arabic) of CBC TV in Egypt. They usually have split screen live feeds from around Egypt www.ustream.tv...

Live feed of Egyptian Information Service (Nile TV Arabic and English...State TV) www.sis.gov.eg...
edit on 25-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Amr M.Elhennawy ‏@Amrevich
Eye witnesses in #Damanhour say hordes of people carrying chains and swords are attacking MB whereabouts and trying to set them on fire twitter.com...

Dalia Ezzat ‏@DaliaEzzat_
Protests against Morsi's decisions erupting across Egypt while the Brotherhood's EN spokesperson maintains that they're only in Cairo. twitter.com...

One killed, 60 hurt in an attack on Egypt's Brotherhood office

A Muslim Brotherhood member was killed and 60 people were injured on Sunday in an attack on the main office of the Brotherhood in the Egyptian Nile Delta town of Damanhour, the website of the Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party said.

"Brotherhood member, Islam Fathy Masoud, 15, was killed and 60 were injured after thugs attacked the Muslim Brotherhood's headquarters in Damanhour in the total absence of police forces," the website said

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
In the past 24 hours there have been 2 explosions/attacks in 2 countries to which the international media has entirely ignored. I am absolutely astonished at the lack of coverage for the explosions in Rafah Egypt and in Syria. It's almost as if they never happened.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That's why these threads are so valuable!

twitter:

6m Common Dreams ‏@commondreams
Polarized Protests Grow as Morsi Meets over Power Grab ow.ly... #Egypt

10m Breaking News @ BreakingNews
Egypt President Morsi agrees to limit scope of judicial decree - TV report via @nytimes nyti.ms...

14m Hafsa Halawa @ Hhafoos
So...the statement #Morsi released basically changes...nothing. Good. Tomorrow is a game-changer. I hope. #Morsi #Egypt #tahrir #Nov27

edit to add: newer tweet, about 10 min later:

6m @ SultanAlQassemi
Egypt's president stands by his decrees goo.gl... AP Tells top judges that he did not infringe on their authority

edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
DragonFire,
Thanks for keeping on top of things, your work is appreciated
by me if no one else.
I wish i could keep up with them as they are posted, but
health is not agreeing with me the past few days, so
when i am up and feeling good i read all the thread to
get caught up, then usually its time to call it quits for
a while and go lay down.
Your efforts are appreciated. The things going on
in the middle east right now are very important, and
could change the world as we know it if things spark out
of control, (which sadly i think they will soon.).

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ditto

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sorry. I have been busy with researching another matter today.

An interesting contrast between what American "news" media is saying and what Middle Eastern Media is saying in regards to the meeting Morsi had with his judges today. The contrast is so much so, it makes it hard to tell which one is telling the truth:

NBC News: Egypt's Morsi, top judges compromise to defuse soaring tensions over decree

Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi and top Egyptian judges on Monday moved to defuse a crisis in the country, with both side backing down from a battle over Morsi’s sweeping self-appointed powers.

Coming out of emergency meetings in Cairo, Morsi issued a statement in which he agreed that only his decisions related to "sovereign" matters would be protected from judicial review, his spokesman said, indicating he had accepted a *compromise* proposed by the judiciary members.

Al Jaseera: Egypt's Morsi stands by decree

Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi has told the country's senior judges that he did not infringe on their authority when he seized near absolute powers.

The *uncompromising* stance came during Monday's meeting between Morsi and members of the Supreme Judiciary Council in a bid to resolve a four-day crisis that has plunged the country into a new round of turmoil with clashes between the two sides that have left one protester dead and hundreds wounded.

Compromise or not? That's about as sharp of a contrast from truth as you can get. I call this a fail for both agencies.
edit on 26-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I am sorry to hear
I hope you get well soon, and I will do my best to to keep everyone as updated as I can.

Live feed from Reuters of Tahrir: reuters.livestation.com... Lots of tents and sometimes I think you can hear tear gas...though I am not sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Big crowds gathering, it's all over twitter, can't post anything right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join