It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Woman and House Photographed at Bachelors Grove Cemetary (PHOTOS)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Thank you for you comments. as stated above, I am looking for a means to clarify the image... However, I am confident that even so, ATS will remain the shrewd lady of her reputations sake.

I have been considering the idea that phantoms themselves merely LOOK like figures of people, animals or structures... even the most legitimate apparitions are but representative images.

Furthermore, ANY photograph is but a representation of the color and value created by a light source... So in the case of paranormal photography, it is all but useless in this modern age.

Come to think about it, I'm sure if the picture WAS crystal clear I would be innundated by cries of "PHOTOSHOP!!!"

It seems that unless you go door to door with a ghost holding your hand, all efforts are for naught

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I think that even if you went door to door with an actual ghost nobody would believe it either...
I also think that blurry images could [!] make it easier for entities to appear, almost like using the blur to manifest. Sort of like 'fuzzy logic', where things are more efficient when the surroundings are not as ordered.
As I said, I have seen a ghost myself, with an independent witness but someone who wasn't there will always come up with 'rational' explanations, ignoring all facts to make it fit. I mean even I do this to other people.
In the end only you know.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I agree with the above that in the end only you know.

Nonetheless, if you are being honest, I can see clearly a female figure in the left. Even the picture itself without the ghost would be suitable for wallpaper. Then again I'm a bit Wordsworthian.....

Good for you and good luck.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

Originally posted by russ1969

I am having a real hard time understanding why you think some blurry photographs represent ghost's and a ghost house? Then you show us a very nice, crisp clean photo of tree's. Can you see the problem here?

Of course I can see the problem. It's quite frustrating to me, as the photographer.

Keep in mind, however, that out of hundreds of photographs, this one alone contained something I considered noteworthy. Trees simply to not form perfect intersecting right angles, and certainly not in the scale and position appropriate to a house, as is illustrated in the second image.

I have included the original picture for fairness, and scope. It is not a separate photo, it is the same one, but without zooming on the are in question.

I would ask you then, how would a window-frame appear with relative clarity, where nothing but sparse trees existed? When there was nothing outstanding visible with the naked eye?
edit on 22-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: .

edit on 22-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

I find it a bit strange that you claim the photo of the trees to be the same as the first blurry picture. The first blurred photo is so amazingly blurry that i could not even make out a house in it. A entire house is supposed to be in that picture yet i caant really see it outside of the suggestion that one is there.

And if it is a zoomed in part of the the very sharp super panoramic picture of those trees then where is the house ?

zooming in can show pixelation and degrade sharpness but most certaintly not in this form and extend. i see image doubling in the first picture , there is no way this is how the panoramic photo of the tree line would turn out like that just because of zooming.

I call fraud.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Of course since we do not know the photographer, we cannot say with certainty that the images are legitimate. They very well may be though. I think what will bother most people is the fact that the image is out of focus when trying to view the ghostly person. This could have easily been faked with tweaking the camera settings, and that is the main reason these photographs will be questioned. Was the window or the house an actual physical object, or was it just something that showed up in the picture?

If that was not a physical building, then the photos would be harder to fake. So all in all I think the area has a reputation for being haunted, but we must remember that places with these types of reputations are also spots that may draw in hoaxers. I am leaning toward these being authentic, but of course I cannot say that with any certainty due to the lack of clarity of the images. Good job catching this if it is real though.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

The panoramic feature works by sequencing 7 or 8 pictures taken in succession... And sometimes they can over lap, distorting the borders between the photos.
Please remember that this is a cell phone picture... By no means is it capable of "super fine resolution."

Considering this, the "blurry" photo is one taken OF the zoomed in panoramic shot. I'm sorry, but to claim that I have doctored this, in light of my obvious lack of technical prowess, is almost laughable.

The detail photo is meant to centralize the artifacts in question, while the original panoramic is included for reference and accountability.

The shot posted several comments later its from a separate photo, which is taken from the same spot, at the same time, which show none of the artifacts of the previous.

Ive made painstaking efforts to present this evidence in an empirical and all inclusive manner.
In the interest of empiricism, I respect your objection, but please consider my response.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Thank you for your comments. for what it is worth, I can attest that there was no physical structure present. Interestingly though, the area photographed does contain FOUNDATIONS of buildings dating back to the late 1800s... Although, as stated above, there are no standing structures remaining, only stone cellars.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

And as far as your comment concerning blazers being attracted to locations like BGC... You are right. Host adventures had just recently filmed an episode there, hahaha!

However, legitimate paranormal enthusiasts are also highly attracted to the area, in much greater numbers... And myself being one, I have no commercial interest, as do the forementioned.

Yet somehow, every little burp or fart they record is on prime time television! readily accepted as solid evidence!

what a world

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

After studying the pictures closely you can see in the panoramic view that the tree s on the right of the picture have been cut down an replanted therefore as they are fairly new tree' s there is no excess growth or natural branch formations , which occur in naturally forming older forest. The trees on the left are naturally forming older forest with much more branches and wild undergrowth, i think what you are seeing is a trick of the eyes, or pareidolia , as was already pointed out, in an earlier response.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

speculate...

Pareidolia

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I didn't have time to read through all the replies, so if I'm repeating someone's, please excuse me.

I see exactly what you're referring to, and believe it is something called pareidolia. Looking at the panoramic shot, I opened it in Photoshop and increased the resolution so I would have less pixelation in zooming it in. I know the after the fact increase in res doesn't mean the resolution is higher. It just makes it easier to see for my eyes. What I see is the bottom of the "window" is a fallen tree. The uprights if the "window" seem to be tree trunks.

The woman also looks to me to be some kind of pariedolia. You know what the answer to this type of question always is? You go back to the place. You take a good camera. You stand in as close to the same spot. And you shoot, looking for things that might have been confused with the woman or the windows. If these things are non-paranormal, they ought to be still present. Compare what you see in the original shot with what is there.

I am not a skeptic of paranormal events. But I am pretty unconvinced that a camera that measures light is able to pick up the non-material. I have also seen the photograph your friend's friend took, and that one hasn't convinced me, either, but for different reasons.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I will have to read all the posts and although i am not saying this is the case here but it is harder to convince people with photographs today. The simple fact is they can be composites and photoshop makes it too easy. Years ago this needed to be done in a real dark room and took a lot of planning but was doable.

I am sure this has been mentioned but that is my impression when i see the images. Another question is why would a camera see ghosts and humans would not? Granted, cameras “see” differently than humans but what would make these things show up only so the camera would see them? In the examples in the op we have multiple substance, we have a human, we have wood, we have glass these are all far different materials so we could not say it was something in the make up of the ghost.

Another thing that interesting is how ghost images are always uploaded at such low resolutions.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

i'm sorry i don't see it dude.. but linking me to your facebook page on a conspiracy website probably wasn't the smartest move either...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sorry man,I'm not really seeing anything either,certainly not a house. I can however vaguely see a "woman" in the panorama.And even then I'm not convinced.Seems like you are stretching a bit.Also,the pic in the link you provided of the lady I don't believe it is genuine.I'm pretty sure it's been proven fake.I may be wrong.I'll have a look around and see.

ETA : Not your picture...the famous one.
edit on 23-11-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I literally live 5 minutes from this site... I'm right off Harlem and Rt. 80...... I went there numerous times back in the day and went back recently... Love the site, its just a damn shame that so many kids have ruined the cemetery... If you live in the Chicagoland area, Bachelor's Grove Cemetery is a MUST see....

Very cool OP. The stories of the phantom house & women are great. Also the stories of strange colored lights out in the distance... There's another one about the creek right behind the cemetery where a carriage apparently went in killing the people and the horses...

Legendary site

S & F

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Am sorry just looked at pictures again and again i see nothing more than a blurred image of what could, maybe be a ghost like figure but its not, not by any stretch of the imagination i have "ghost" pictures a lot better than these this is just silly sorry op just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

reply to post by aboutface

And I must say, your avatar is as apt as it is awesome!
edit on 22-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I will pass the compliment on to the awesome artisans in the Avatar Creations thread

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenian8
Am sorry just looked at pictures again and again i see nothing more than a blurred image of what could, maybe be a ghost like figure but its not, not by any stretch of the imagination i have "ghost" pictures a lot better than these this is just silly sorry op just my opinion.

You should post your pics then, and let everyone analyse them, rather than just claiming your picture is silly mine is better...still not the best effort at debunking, particularly as you do agree that there is possibly a paranormal element in the pic

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well, I like the pictures, it may be just Pareidolia, but it does look like a blurry house, sort of like seeing it through a time warp. I'd love to visit that place at night.

Also a plus is it wasn't just a pictures of "Orbs" I really hate those
edit on 24-11-2012 by mymymy because: Top Secret, or maybe I spell like crap

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

...and include items which would not typically be matrixed, e.g: faces.

Not quite sure what you mean by that. Faces is one of the MOST matrixed things you can find. Since birth, we learn to recognize faces. And throughout our life, we will first recognize a face before anything else. And that's the thing, recognizing. We see a pattern in a tree (or something else), we can make out a face because our whole lives we were trained to recognize them. Just like the "man in the moon".

Wish I could formulate myself better but it's late and I'm super tired.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join