It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was born years earlier than thought, claims Pope

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The most convincing case put forward was Jesus actually being the son of Cesar and born 3 BC. Just interesting to hear the Pope admit something like that.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

It seems to me BC/AD stands for before Christ/ after death. they should have another period called DC (during Christ) that lasted through his life. Just sayin!

edit- so Jesus was born 1 or 0 DC!
edit on 22-11-2012 by theyrout2getus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

hey mate

done

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i called it catholics, jesus, and the last pharaoh

peace
edit on 22-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theyrout2getus

AD doesn't mean "After Death". It means Anno Domine, which means, "In the year of our Lord". If it were "After Death", then 33 years or so would be added onto the Calendar, and that would be BC "Before Christ", followed by 33 years, then AD, "After Death". So it would be 33 years out. AD starts with Christ's Birth, not his Death.

Stephen.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Seriously though Jesus is just a myth, so I just find it odd that his exact date of birth matters? I think proof of his existence matters far more then a birth date no?

It is just silly and counter productive, someone prove to me Jesus really existed all ready! It will never happen because it cant be proven hence a waste of time to even take it seriously. As far as I am concerned the only real Jesus sells oranges on some Highway in east LA

Anakin Skywalker ( Darth Vader )

Born 41.9 BBY (7:4BrS) on tatooine

Death 4 ABY (39:3), Death Star II, over Endor
edit on 22-11-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by undo

i should do a thread ...and throw in some dendrra and mayan star maps

yes you should.
have you seen these videos?

edit on 22-11-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Or, he wasn't born at all, and was a myth created by the Romans...

I tend to think politics necessitated the creation of Jesus; both to counter the rebellion of the Jews, and for control of wayward populations, who are taught by the gospels to be pacifist, stoic, to pay their taxes.

How couldn't an empire not want to make use of this?

edit on 22-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Jesus died with 33.

Just saying...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

It is just silly and counter productive, someone prove to me Jesus really existed all ready!
Well what kind of proof do you need? The preponderance of the evidence? 100% scientific testable beyond all doubt? How about as much evidence as there is for Mohammed's existence? What, specifically, do you need to accept it? And, do you apply the same standard to everything in the past, or just Jesus?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
if jesus was the last pharaoh (the omega of the alpha and omega), during that time frame, he would've been the heir of the roman empire via his step father, julius caesar, the heir of the egyptian kingdoms via his mother, cleopatra, and the heir of israel via his lineage from king david. that would've made him the ruler of the known world. he was a huge target for assassination by any number of groups.

i think the lady in the videos i linked above, has a tendency to leave out pertinent pieces of information. for example, she got the hyksos shepherd kings in egypt thing correct, but deliberately ignores pharaoh ahmose in favor of tuthmose, thus removing from consideration the actual references to the expulsion (exodus) of the hyksos from egypt mentioned in the historical accounts of pharaoh ahmose. i've found several other places where she has done that, so i don't take everything she says as being accurate. best to verify her information, where possible.

i have a theory that cleopatra was always mary, and that she had hebrew relatives in israel she was with when she delivered jesus. later, when it was clear the romans were going to conquer egypt entirely, she faked her own death and fled back to israel to be with jesus and her other children, who she had sent there already.

as someone mentioned in one of the many threads i've read on the subject of the masons, it's entirely possible that by saying jesus was a carpenter, the text really meant to say, mason. that he was from a long line of stone masons, known as the habiru (hebrews). having a working understanding of stone masonry was a pretty useful thing for pharaohs, who were frequently in the midst of some building project. so it probably said something like "builder" in the original text and translators thought it meant builder of wood things rather than stone things. this would also explain jesus' reference to himself as the "stone the builders threw away."
edit on 23-11-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Why is it so important whether Jesus existed or not?

At the end of the day, when were finished speculating if he did or didn't exist, it doesn't matter; whether he was a myth created by Rome, or a real person, it's the spirit of the letter, the theological and moral contribution Christianity made to western civilization, and to the real life man, that matters.

It may have been no more than philosophy. Just as, in my own case, the Hebrew Bible which I cherish, the Torah in particular, may have been an allegorical depiction of the metaphysical, theological, political, epistemological, ethical, etc views of the ancient Hebrews.

So what if it was? I happen to think symbol is an inherent part of reality; after all, how would I be able to communicate my conceptual understanding of things if not through the symbolism of language, which simultaneously is being transmitted through an algorithmic process that bases itself on symbolic representation.

Human beings think symbolically. That's just how it is. That's how God made things, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
So, does this totally change the date for the Mayan calendar and would the end date happen later or has it already happened? Would I be able to collect social security earlier? Is the IRS going to try to get back taxes from those missing years? Are we voting for the president in the wrong years? Are we opening time capsules at the wrong times? Would my milk be expired now? Did Columbus discover America in 1492 or was it several years later? If we change the date might we be considered time travelers on some level? Oh the possibilities are mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I heard he got married too... Can't believe I didn't get an invitation to the wedding..

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurfSpace
So, does this totally change the date for the Mayan calendar and would the end date happen later or has it already happened? Would I be able to collect social security earlier? Is the IRS going to try to get back taxes from those missing years? Are we voting for the president in the wrong years? Are we opening time capsules at the wrong times? Would my milk be expired now? Did Columbus discover America in 1492 or was it several years later? If we change the date might we be considered time travelers on some level? Oh the possibilities are mind boggling.

Probably none of those trivial things but it might mean that we got cheated out of 7 christmas`s and the presents.
I might have to demand 7 times more presents this year.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Dear dontreally,

Why is it so important whether Jesus existed? For at least two reasons.

someone prove to me Jesus really existed all ready!
It was your request. I'm just trying to be helpful in a Boy Scout-y way.

Finding truth is always important. Mankind is uncomfortable saying "I don't care whether I know or not."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Finding truth is always important. Mankind is uncomfortable saying "I don't care whether I know or not."

With these issues its always a matter of conjecture.

I never said it wasn't an interest for a Christian to explore the historicity of Jesus, that's perfectly natural; but I do think there should be something deeper and more substantial beneath the belief in the historical existence of Jesus.

For me, this means a philosophical understanding based on a spiritual experience.
edit on 23-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, the year is 2012, humans have been around for 100 thousand years, and here we are disputing the birth date of a fictional character.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
So let me get this straight, the year is 2012, humans have been around for 100 thousand years, and here we are disputing the birth date of a fictional character.

well if he was the son of cleopatra, might be a bit harder to make the claim that he never existed, since you would then have to argue with egyptologists, archaeologists and secular historians.

edit on 23-11-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

Jesus born earlier than thought, claims pope

www.telegraph.co.uk

The entire Christian calendar is based on a miscalculation, the Pope has declared, as he claims in a new book that Jesus was born several years earlier than commonly believed.

The 'mistake' was made by a sixth century monk known as Dionysius Exiguus or in English Dennis the Small, the 85-year-old pontiff claims in the book 'Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives', published on Wednesday.

"The calculation of the beginning of our calendar – based on the birth of Jesus – was made by Dionysius Ex.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/21/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/21/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by Maxmars because: Please use the exact headline from your source

Big surprise
Every single calendar in existence is completely wrong, much less the one based on the life of Christ. They have been using different calendars for the entirety of mankind. It's all a man-made concoction to keep track of the solar or lunar cycles, all of which are based on each individual civilization...completely subjective no matter how you slice it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't think this has really sunk in yet. This news could have a slow catastrophic effect on Christianity. The pope may have just bowed down to Judaism. The catholic church makes a big deal out of Christmas every year. A great amount of other churches follow the same practice even if they are not Catholic. They well be affected as well. How does the church tell the Christmas story now that the Pope has claimed it has pagan roots? Jewish people everywhere will sneer at this news.

I live in Long Island NY and there are battles every year about whether to put up a Christmas Tree or a Hunnukia in front of the mall... Now I'm wondering if the Pope and Benyamin have been having some secret meetings??? Maybe the pope is going to merge the Catholic religion with the Jewish one in order to save the European financial crisis????

They have a saying here in New York, "If you live in New York, and you're Catholic, You're still a Jew."

Hmmm...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join