It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was born years earlier than thought, claims Pope

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
According to some Alchemy books I read, Jesus is real but he was born way before they say he was. Alchemists had a good record keeping practice for thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
How would that effect the whole Dec, 21 2012 thing?

We missed it

Already gone by.
And we're still here

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
PLS READ WITH CAUTION

jesus dies at 32

so 0 - 32AD...is jesus`s life

in that same period;

*egypt fell
roman empire rose

*the virgin birth, and ressurection was in the ideology of the pharaoh

*mary and jesus at the same time as isis and horus (horus is the pharaoh)

*the father - osiris
the son - horus
the holy spirit - re the sun

*ending each prayer in "amen"

*drinking of the wine eating of the bread - pyramid texts and coffin texts mention this ritual in dead king prayers
as well as book of the cow (changing blood for wine)

*christmas tree on the 25th of december - nut the goddes of egypt (sycamore tree) gave birth to 5 gods/5 days on the 360th day to make it 365 . also eating her tree branch and water in the middle of winter/duat..

*killed by the romans

WAS JESUS THE LAST PHARAOH OF EGYPT????
edit on 21-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
It is far to cold in the desert, in the winter, for the three wise men to be traveling.

He was probably born in the spring.

12/25 is heathen BS!!

nowhere in the Bible does it say that there were 'three wise men'.

have I just blown your mind?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This was turning into a fun and lighthearted thread, I almost hate to say anything serious. And for sheer laughs, it is hard to top the idea the Jesus was the last Pharaoh of Egypt, so I won't even try.

I should apologize for using the word "dramatic" in my post. I certainly didn't mean that any poster was looking for drama. The idea that the dating system was wrong, and has been recognized. We've gone from a wrong certainty (1 A.D.) to a correct uncertainty (2 B.C. - 7 B.C.), seems like a good move from here. It shows a willingness to examine evidence that many think the Church doesn't have.

Anyway, I can't see any impact on faith, but I'm really glad this was posted. Nice info.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I will be impressed when they come out and tell people the whole book is an overly rewritten piece of BS and the original story is blatantly based on much older "pagan" beliefs. Oh and a sorry for all the genocide based on this piece of BS too.
Just saying

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
...there's a great article here about the date of Jesus' birth.
It's by Chuck Missler:

JoshuaNet: The Birth Date of Jesus

Chuck places the date of Christ's birth at or around September 29, 2BC.
he mentions corroborating evidence for this date in the article.

There are better sources for this same information - Missler has a video on YouTube that goes into a lot more detail, for example. If I can find it I'll link it here too.

here it is:

edit on 21-11-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I believe that through time and different adjustement of calendar from B.C to A.d will always have a miscalculation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
There is a revelatory text that has it exact as to the time of birth and year of our Jesus.

Paper 122 is a biography of the life of Jesus and in section 8, paragraph one, the following is written:

122:8:2 All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger.

122:8.2 In just the same manner as all babies before that day and since have come into the world, the promised child was born; and on the eighth day, according to the Jewish practice, he was circumcised and formally named Joshua (Jesus).

122:8.3 The next day after the birth of Jesus, Joseph made his enrollment. Meeting a man they had talked with two nights previously at Jericho, Joseph was taken by him to a well-to-do friend who had a room at the inn, and who said he would gladly exchange quarters with the Nazareth couple. That afternoon they moved up to the inn, where they lived for almost three weeks until they found lodgings in the home of a distant relative of Joseph.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Aronolac because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aronolac

I would be delighted if you could provide a link to Paper 122. Really sounds interesting. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Aronolac

I would be delighted if you could provide a link to Paper 122. Really sounds interesting. Thanks.

urantiabook.org...

internet can be your friend . its from that alien cult...????

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
The Conservative right wants to see Obama's birth Certificate....perhaps Jesus should show his as well so we can see if he is qualified to be the Christ.

Holy poop, thats the best thing I've heard in a long time! I believe the New Testament says Jesus was born when the cherry blossoms were on the tree? That would be Spring. Dec 25th is the pagan birth of the Sun and many other mythical gods throughout time. Moving Jesus birthday to that day helped involve the Pagans and easily usher them into believing Christianity....suckers, you got ripped off!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

You're pretty well informed, at least by the fifty or more articles I read about these gods. articles I have read on the subject. The prayer ending in Amen is a clue to this puzzle. Many people called Jesus amun because Amun/Atum was the god of the needy. Seems that Amun was a name given to a reincarnated god that helped the common people. Atum and Adam sure sound alike. Ra seems to mean god. I don't think Jesus was Horus though, I am still not convinced of the evidence pointing to that conclusion.
There are a lot more articles to read though, someday I will go back and check out what else is out there.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yeah right, like I'm going to trust anything the Pope says! LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Considering the pope is infallible, what does that say about previous popes that proclaimed that the date was true? Further proof that the whole papacy thing is a hoax.
edit on 21-11-2012 by NysgjerrigDame because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame

Let me take your post seriously for a minute.

Considering the pope is infallible, what does that say about previous popes that proclaimed that the date was true? Further proof that the whole papacy thing is a hoax.
The Church doesn't belive or has ever claimed that everything out of the pope's mouth is infallible. There's a whole big rannygazoo that the Pope has to go through to make an infallible teaching. It's never been used for the date of Christ's birth. I think the last time an infallible teaching was announced it was in the mid-1850s.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why I am not even surprised about this claims coming from the Pope, I guess because I always known that many writers from the time of Jesus that lived and wrote stories of the times outside the Church and the bibble seems to never mention Jesus.

I guess a few years in time makes a big difference, Sadly Jesus story while the base of the modern church and Christians is something I regard as just a fantasy.
edit on 21-11-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NysgjerrigDame

The Pope is only infallible under very specific conditions and when defining doctrine, so no, this doesn't have anything to do with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join