It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was born years earlier than thought, claims Pope

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

it's time to admit to the "church what has transpired in the name of the 'religion.' And what exactly is it doing now.
reply to post by Maxmars

Perhaps admition that there is no contemperanious evidence that jesus of the gospels even existed would be a sign of real honesty.

Nothing "transpired" in the name of "religion" let's continue with being honest please, centuries of attrocities were commited in the name of "jesus".

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Muslims are blowing people to tiny bits in the name of their religion right now. Seems to be a problem for more than one religion.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Jesus Was A Black Man

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
lonewolf,

JHVH is YHWH.

hayah asher hayah

or

ehyeh asher ehyeh

hayah is the root of jehovah or yahweh.

edit on 22-11-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Agreed, look at the World trade center demolition for example. The original Japanese design called for demolition in 2002 not 2001. 1957 was an important year to the Japanese for some reason. They broke ground on their Hiroshima Municipal Stadium on 1/22/1957 near ground zero of the atomic blast from 1946. The demolition of the World trade center towers was planned to occur 45 years later in 2002 at ground zero in New York.

The 45 year period goes back to the adoption of the Julian Calendar in 46 BC when the winter solstice occurred the night of December 24th. The first day of light the morning after being December 25th. 45 BC was a calendar correction year lengthened by Julius Caesar to 445 days.

There is a math link that goes back to the meaning of Greek measure Stadia and Eratosthenes that may have been significant in the choice of a stadium near the Japanese ground zero.

Here is a picture of the World trade center designer Minoru Yamasaki in 1957.

Now watch how fast they disappear this post, full disclosure forgotten till December 2021!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Jesus was born at a time when shepherds were abiding in the fields keeping watch over their flocks by night, Jesus could not have been born, later than September.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

kid didn't go back far enough in history. it started with nimrod (akkadian enmerkar) and the cedar tree inanna planted and decorated, to commemorate his passing. nimrod was narmer, who was the founder of post black sea flood, egyptian pharaonic dynasty, after the fiasco at babel, he loaded up his entourage and sailed along the coast to egypt, had his boat and the boats of his compadres, drug across the sand the rest of the way to what would be called the city of abydos (that's the greek spelling. the egyptian is abdju).

his story is potentially tied into the story of egyptian osiris. there's a whole section in there where he's set adrift in a sarcophagus he's been sealed inside of by his evil brother set, and the sarcophagus landing on the shore of byblos, where a tree grew up around it. the king of byblos, has the tree cut down and used as a pillar in his palace. isis travels there and finds the pillar. etc etc.

it gets more indepth than that, but suffice it to say, the pine christmas tree predates rome by quite a bit.

p.s. that of course would mean that inana was isis. it could be a great deal older as well, since pretty much every pharaoh was called osiris after death and every pharaoh's wife was called isis. (not sure about the after death name concept with isis tho). if pharaonic egypt was older than the black sea flood, then who knows how old it is.
edit on 22-11-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Sometimes I find it very difficult to rationalise the role of the UN. Why does it dabble into such a divisive thing as religion? The answer could be that the UN is pushing the agenda of those that created religion. It is safe to speculate that it is the same group or body that created Jesus and is about to unleash the anti-christ on earth. I don`t see any other way a body like the UN could oppose God, assuming it/he/she exists. Honestly I wish there is a religious free zone somewhere on earth with free residence.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Pope Gregory The First around 600 A.D., specifically instructed Augustine, the Archbishop of Canterbury, to adapt existing local religious (pagan or otherwise) customs and practices to Christian usage in order to help propagate the faith.

Advent
Advent (Latin adventus, “coming”), in the Christian ecclesiastical calendar, a season observed in preparation for Christmas. The earliest authentic record of Advent (ad 581) states that the season starts on the feast of St. Martin, November 11; this period is still observed in the Orthodox church. About AD 600, Pope Gregory I decreed that the season should start on the fourth Sunday before Christmas, but the longer period was observed in England for some years. The shorter period is now observed in the Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican, and Episcopal churches, and the first Sunday of Advent is regarded as the commencement of the Christian ecclesiastical year. The season is also a preparation for the second coming of Christ at the end of the world.
© 1993-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

When was Jesus born?
A. Popular myth puts his birth on December 25th in the year 1 C.E.
B. The New Testament gives no date or year for Jesus’ birth. The earliest gospel – St. Mark’s, written about 65 CE – begins with the baptism of an adult Jesus. This suggests that the earliest Christians lacked interest in or knowledge of Jesus’ birth date.
C. The year of Jesus birth was determined by Dionysius Exiguus, a Scythian monk, “abbot of a Roman monastery. His calculation went as follows:
a. In the Roman, pre-Christian era, years were counted from ab urbe condita (“the founding of the City” [Rome]). Thus 1 AUC signifies the year Rome was founded, 5 AUC signifies the 5th year of Rome’s reign, etc.
b. Dionysius received a tradition that the Roman emperor Augustus reigned 43 years, and was followed by the emperor Tiberius.
c. Luke 3:1,23 indicates that when Jesus turned 30 years old, it was the 15th year of Tiberius reign.
d. If Jesus was 30 years old in Tiberius’ reign, then he lived 15 years under Augustus (placing Jesus birth in Augustus’ 28th year of reign).
e. Augustus took power in 727 AUC. Therefore, Dionysius put Jesus birth in 754 AUC.
f. However, Luke 1:5 places Jesus’ birth in the days of Herod, and Herod died in 750 AUC – four years before the year in which Dionysius places Jesus birth.
D. Joseph A. Fitzmyer – Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at the Catholic University of America, member of the Pontifical Biblical Commission, and former president of the Catholic Biblical Association – writing in the Catholic Church’s official commentary on the New Testament[1], writes about the date of Jesus’ birth, “Though the year [of Jesus birth is not reckoned with certainty, the birth did not occur in AD 1. The Christian era, supposed to have its starting point in the year of Jesus birth, is based on a miscalculation introduced ca. 533 by Dionysius Exiguus.”
E. The DePascha Computus, an anonymous document believed to have been written in North Africa around 243 CE, placed Jesus birth on March 28. Clement, a bishop of Alexandria (d. ca. 215 CE), thought Jesus was born on November 18. Based on historical records, Fitzmyer guesses that Jesus birth occurred on September 11, 3 BCE.

[1] Addison G. Wright, Roland E. Murphy, Joseph A. Fitzmyer, “A History of Israel” in The Jerome Biblical Commentary, (Prentice Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1990), p. 1247.

Now would you like to talk about the Sabbath day, Easter or Halloween lol

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thanks to all posters who contributed and continue to contribute to my thread. I appreciate the education!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

The idea that Christ was born on Dec 25 also has no basis in historical fact. "We don't even know which season he was born in. The whole idea of celebrating his birth during the darkest part of the year is probably linked to pagan traditions and the winter solstice."

Oh, ok... and when I bring this up at church I get evil looks? pss... pagans!

Yeah he's right. It's Pagan.

December 25 is known as the "nativity" of the sun. This date is the birthday of Tammuz, the son, the reincarnation of the sun god. Traditionally, December 21 is known as Yule. The Roman Catholic Church moved the celebration of Yule to December 25. December 25 is also known to the Romans as "Saturnalia", a time of deliberate debauchery. Drinking through repeated toasting - known as 'wassail' - was a key to the debauchery of this celebration. Fornication was symbolized by the mistletoe, and the entire event was finished with a Great Feast, the Christmas Dinner. Even the name, "Christmas" is pagan! "Christi" meant "Christ", while "Mas" meant Mass. Since all pagan Masses are commemorating "death", the name, "Christmas" literally means the "death of Christ". A deeper meaning lies in the mention of "Christ" without specifying Jesus. Thus, Antichrist is in view here; the pagans celebrate "Christmas" as a celebration of their coming Antichrist, who will deal a death blow to the Jesus Christ of Christianity.
Early American Christian Pilgrims refused to celebrate this day.

Very interesting indeed.

Occult Holidays and Sabbats

It's the same with Easter. "Easter" - Eostre, or Ishtar - was a goddess of fertility.

It's all Occult Pagan Worship days ripped off by the Roman Catholic Church a.k.a. The Babylonian Trinity Church. They've quite cleverly managed to dupe a lot of people into believing in God and Jesus for the last 2,000 years.

Just a pity it's all Symbolic Crap!!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have read it was likely between September and December. Recently i have been wondering if the star that was seen in the sky was actually a comet. Funny thing is ISON is coming around the same month so could it have been a 2000 year orbit. Comets are hard to predict but i read this is supposed to be brighter than the moon, supposedly.

ISON brighter than full moon?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles1952,

I reply in particular to you as you seem to he in the process of deciding how to behave with regard to the Jesus phenomena that sprays itself all over this list and earth's creation. I wish to tell you something even if it is only you who hears it. And it is this:

I have never conceived that there could be a more disastrous group of people who ask for truth and then demand it be retracted. It often happens here and I lament its existence.

The Pope and evolutionary religion are not at fault for this parody of truth concerning the date of the birth of Jesus. The blame lies more in the masses being unfamiliar with how truth works and how it must be retold over and over and over until it begins to penetrate the minds who demand hearing the truth. The point is that the birth of Jesus was not ordained to even happen on our shores or even among the Jews, but in the last analysis, those circumstances were chosen because of the times and of the temper of the people on this planet. And so it was conceived in truth and played out in time with a timeless individual known to us as Jesus.

I have one more bit of information that I would ask kindly that it be noted but it should not be perceived as the end all of what I speak to now.

In 2013, perhaps around mid year, your truth answers will be found on nearly every TV channel and radio program going on the air at that time. The proclamation has been issued on high that the second return of Jesus will be announced in the later years of the Magisterial Mission to be available on the last day of this year as the new dispensation is called at noon, eastern standard time in the United States. There is every chance that events will be produced to help underline the arrival of the fifth world-wide dispensation with celebrations even in our skies December 30th. These things are told to many, but few here are available to these messages since few here are deeply interested in the welfare of the planet and its destiny.

The nature of the times dictates discretion of the highest order in these affairs, and should you wish to have a private discussion please feel free to send me your email. Those of good will who are ignorant of what is to soon become history of an extraordinary event quite soon should take every opportunity offered to learn just what is to be done for you and for this earth we pray so earnestly for, but understand so little about.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by subjectzero

This is the first time I've read that Jesus' date of birth was in dispute. I've never heard that any attempt has been made to correct the error.

It is believed that Jesus was born between 7BC and 2BC.

If I understand the article properly, that's what the Pope is saying. He is saying that Jesus wasn't born in 1 A.D., but a few years earlier. He's just stating the accepted view. It may be that this is newsworthy because the Pope said it, but I don't see anything dramatic here.

If Jesus was born a few years earlier the comet leading the wise men didn't happen. This would be news worthy even if the Pope didn't admit to it. Soon the Pope will announce that aliens do exist but first he has to ease the christian society into the reality that the Bible is wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tidycat

Maybe he's preparing us to meet our new alien overlords.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame

The Pope is only infallible when he says something ex cathedra, or when he is sitting upon Peter's throne; which isn't something that they do often. Other than then the pope is just as fallible as the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I read this story yesterday and I immediately thought afterwards how amazing it is that there are people that don't know that Jesus was born before the traditional date and think that it is newsworthy now.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just another Pope making up stuff that doesn't matter.

(second line...)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I'm in my 50's. I never heard this until yesterday.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join