It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus explodes in terror attack in central Tel Aviv - police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
www.bbc.co.uk...

Loudspeaker announcements in Gaza City said that Hamas, the militant Palestinian group that has run Gaza since 2007, had carried out the attack.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri told Reuters: "Hamas blesses the attack in Tel Aviv and sees it as a natural response to the Israeli massacres... in Gaza."

According to the BBC it seems that a militant Palestinian group did it.

If it was MOSSAD who did this then no one would have addmitted to doing it.

Thanks for the snippet, and I like your reasoning.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I'm lookin at the news link you posted, but I am on my iPhone so if you linked to a specific story, I'm only getting redirected, however I'm looking at the article on the bus attack. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

yup, anti truthers are already talking crap and saying Israel blew up the bus themselves or it is a false effing flag.

work it out People... wtf surrounds Israel in the Middle East? Predominantly Muslim/Islamic Countries...what the hell do you think this war is about? Get rid of Israel, they are the only Non-Muslim Country around.

so all those against Israel must be working towards the Muslim/Islamic global movement. When your way of life is gone... too bad. If Israel is defeated, it will be the end of all Countries that are anything other than Muslim/Islamic.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Did anyone bother to see who made the bus?

There is still the possibility that the bus was made in the USA and merely exploded as a consequence of day to day operation.

Just saying.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

There is a subtle difference between blessing an attack and claiming responsibility. Or am I getting to technical?

Also, is it a normal way to claim the responsibility for a terrorist attack? I mean the way it was done anyone can do it. Thought there were some protocols for it,

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Well according to Israel national news, 2 people were seen leaving a package and then running off, I guess American manufacturing is off the hook for now

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hamas is launching rockets constantly, and people think Israel is carrying out a false flag with a weak explosion on a bus (any significant explosions would have killed more).

Nah, doesn't make sense. A false flag would have been at least to the level of the ongoing Hamas attacks. Otherwise it is irrelevant.

When Netanyahu is explaining why he wants to launch a ground invasion, it's not going to be "they injured a dozen people on a bus." It will be, "they are launching continuous rockets into our cities."

If multiple buses get bombed in succession, maybe there's something there...

But for now, sounds like a genuine attack from the other side.
edit on 11/21/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PURIFIER

omg, that is a fundamental practice of terrorism. Bomb some Country and then claim responsibility after the event.

Terrorists like attention.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

omg, that is a fundamental practice of terrorism. Bomb some Country and then claim responsibility after the event.

Terrorists like attention.

Terrorists do like attention, spreads the fear, thys the idea of being a "terrorist".
edit on 21/11/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Keep in mind Israel do have technological control over the local coms and power, it wouldn't be hard to access a loud speaker system and state something via a blackmailed Arab!

.. but, it probably is them, they probably did do it!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
OP, I can't help but feel it's a little odd that no one was hurt, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if it is a genuine attack. There are people of palestinian decent in West Bank, as well as in other parts of Israel. Not to mention Muslims are everywhere and we know that they are genuinely upset by the events that took place. Not that being a Muslim means they would do this, just that with such grotesque acts going on, someone is going to be upset enough to act out. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of these attacks in the coming days. Whether they be a ploy by Israel to gather support by it's people for a ground offensive, or those attempting to strike back at Israel for the acts they are committing.

I have to admit, I came into the event with shock but tried to remain biased, seeing things from both sides. I would be upset if someone was shooting missiles at me as well, and would hope something would be done. How ever, since the events began I've learned more and more about the history of the area, as well as the drone strike against the Hamas leader during an unofficial cease fire.

IT seems those supporting Israel try to bring up the fact Hamas has terrorized the area for years, how ever Israel has done the same to Gaza, they have been under a blockade for the last 7 years. Don't have enough of the basic needs, no jobs. It's a desperate place to live. Not to mention the Palestine casualties rise every day. It's been a week and it's well over a hundred dead, with more than half being civilians, a quarter or more being children. I just can't support them, I'm upset with both sides for their acts but I can understand the palestine side, and I feel I would likely try to fight for my freedom as well.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

You completely misunderstood my point: this is why THERE MUST BE some protocols in place otherwise any psycho next door can claim responsibility for a terror act. The way BBC claiming it was done - no proof at all.

And I repeat myself: blessing the act and claiming responsibility for it are two different things.
edit on 21-11-2012 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Seems to me that somebody needs to get their stereotypical story straight.
Either this was done by Islamic fascists who we are supposed to believe, as some pointy head on MSNBC postulates, wants to die. Yet this is no "suicide bombing"?

Or this was done by someone(s) else and they ran away to avoid detection?

Oh the announcement in Gaza City over loud speaker taking credit...and the Hamas spokesperson to
a Rueters reporter are just a bit over the top.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If it was carried out by anyone but the israelis, y would hamas bless the incident? If hamas and egypt r trying to do a calming down period, it is in their benefit to repudiate the bus attack. It is more likely that this incident was carried out by hamas or hamas sympathetic forces, that do not want a cease fire.
That being said, there is no benefit to idf for any cease fire, since they believe a cease fire is a way of giving hamas time to recover and resupply.
However, y would hamas praise an attack when their own benefactors r urging cease fire

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Terrorist Attack on Bus in Tel Aviv; Hamas Celebrates

Hamas/Hezbullah celebrate. It is a win for the Muslim global movement.

fckun bastages.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

I guess Purifiers take on it makes sense, if they merely bless the attacks, the same as I would if someone attacked someone I don't like (hypothetically), and then claim they did it if in fact they did do it, or, maybe they claimed to do it anyway to posture them selves more?
edit on 21/11/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

But is it really a win for there movement? Or have they just cemented there fate?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Also, is it a normal way to claim the responsibility for a terrorist attack? I mean the way it was done anyone can do it. Thought there were some protocols for it,

When the IRA used to plant / explode a bomb in Ireland or England, they would always phone the police with a warning saying where the bomb is so that civilians could be evacuated.

They always used a code system that only the police would know. This code system functioned as verification of who planted the explosive.

At the end of the day, Israel will utilise this event to attack Gaza even more. It doesn't matter if Hamas or Mossad did it. The end result is more war.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
OP, I can't help but feel it's a little odd that no one was hurt,

It said 20 injured and 3 critical. What do you think that means exacly? People lost fingers, toes, eyes, peppered with shrapnel. Irreversable lifelong injuries. Children and women. And I promise you, the palestinians didn't do this as a call for peace.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by AlanQaida

When do things stop being Terror attacks and start becoming acts of war?

When the attacks target military, police, and politicians those are justifiable targets. For example the jet that they claimed targeted the pentagon, just military attack(except for the civilian hostages on board). The jet that was supposed to hit the white house, just military attack(except for the civilian hostages on board). The jets that they claim took down the twin towers and building 7(
) terrorism.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join