It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 winged jet. any body got some info on this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its fake they just copied the air plane and placed the nose of the 2nd one under the first one...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The thing couldnt be some kind of test bed for an air launched orbiter or space plane i suppose?
Sure looks clumsy as jets go.....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
it's originally from Thirdphaseofmoon; notorious UFO CGI video frauds.

Thirdphaseofmoon is a CGI production company run by the Cousins brothers out of Hawaii.

Search Thirdphaseofmoon on Youtube and you'll find many sundry other rather 'convincing' CGI creations, primarily depicting UFO type activity.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Thirdphaseofmoon is a CGI production company run by the Cousins brothers out of Hawaii.

Search Thirdphaseofmoon on Youtube and you'll find many sundry other rather 'convincing' CGI creations, primarily depicting UFO type activity.

cool, thanks everyone for the input on this thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
...And shame on those people who immediately stated their opinion as if it were fact.

Anyone who thinks combat aircrafts like the Eurofighter fly in formations where they actually touch should immediately report themselves to a Doctor.

Is a pretty good shoop but intuitively we know from nature that more than 8 flight surfaces/4 wings is probably overkill in terms of weight to thrust ratio ...and thats when you're having to flap those wings .
edit on 21-11-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

I just thought I'd throw this out there for those of you saying it's fake or Photoshopped, now I don't know the capabilities of this aircraft, what it's called, or any specifics, BUT I have seen this exact same aircraft fly fairly low over my house on more than one occasion. I tried doing a Google search and found several that were similar, but this video is the first time I have seen a video of the aircraft I saw over my house. I am in NW Arkansas BTW. Glad to see that someone else saw this and had a camera, both times I saw it I didn't have a camera or even my phone on me...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BREWSE

There is no way this plane is getting off the ground. Between the hideous thrust to weight ratio, and the drag, and the airflow being disrupted over the back set of wings. I'll believe it when I see it flying with my own eyes.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BREWSE

I just thought I'd throw this out there for those of you saying it's fake or Photoshopped, now I don't know the capabilities of this aircraft, what it's called, or any specifics, BUT I have seen this exact same aircraft fly fairly low over my house on more than one occasion. I tried doing a Google search and found several that were similar, but this video is the first time I have seen a video of the aircraft I saw over my house. I am in NW Arkansas BTW. Glad to see that someone else saw this and had a camera, both times I saw it I didn't have a camera or even my phone on me...

Links to your Google search please, I also tried a Google search and nothing came up that looked even remotely similar.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Appears to me that someone photoshopped a Rafale-esque aircraft flying in close formation above some sort of cargo aircraft.

Regardless, there's no way that is a mysterious 6 winged jet.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
IMHO its two jets flying in close formation, definitely not a 6 winged jet though. It looks cgi/photoshopped to some extent. There is a reason aircraft have 2 wings; its the most effective setup. As others have pointed out, 6 wings would create a useless thrust to weight ratio and not serve much purpose!
I agree with pants, but i'd also throw in that it could be a J-10. Repeatoffender, i'm sorry but there is no reason anyone would build a 6 winged aircraft. It must have been something else you saw.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pants3204

It's a pair of commercial type planes (the front one looks like a bizjet) that they photoshopped together into one aircraft. The one in back I originally thought was a Boeing 717, but the tail cone looks more like a CRJ-900/1000 instead. The front one looks almost like a Citation with canards added in.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It's two jets flying in close formation to the observer underneath. It's extremely obvious as you see the two sets of primary wings. Even if it was...a jet with 6 wings would have way too much friction and loss to air resistance. That is why there are no biplanes anymore. This kind of simple confusion makes us all look bad, please stop and think before posting this kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EmeraldCityWanderer

If you look closely, it's a photoshop of two planes put into one. If you watch the video really closely, there is no vertical fin on the front aircraft. It LOOKS like they are two planes flying in close formation, but it's two planes photoshopped into one, and the vertical fin removed from the lead aircraft.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
That my friends is a is an MD-80 Commercial Airliner with an extra set of wings and canards CGI'd onto the front fuselage. In fact it looks like they used the wings from the video itself and copied them and made them slightly smaller. On the shot from the rear you can see the exact same black blotches below the "copy and pasted" wing, which I believe are the wheels since this plane was probably about to land in the original video.

I'm sure if you look around you can find the original video on YouTube, without the added "alien technology".

I hate bad fakes.

Image of MD-80
edit on 23-12-2012 by jrlaudio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What would a 6 wing configuration would achieve that the normal 2 winged craft couldn't ?

It has to be a fake .

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I was going to stay out of this thread and enjoy the comments; but I think you broke the code. The rear is made from a MD-80 or even a stretch DC-9..The 'photo shopped' or whatever they used placed the front aircraft and merged it half way from the wing root to the cockpit of the rear MD-80. The whole thing IMO is a very well done fake. Aerodynamically there is absolutely no reason for that configuration; as others have pointed out and I concur...just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

there are a few tandem wing designs out there this is one of the better known examples
edit on 12/23/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

there are a few tandem wing designs out there this is one of the better known designs

Bert Rutan has made and is still designing some out there neat stuff.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Its a Fake I think. I could probably fake that and I've only used compositing software for around,give or take a bit, a week in total.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join