It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke - The Good, The Bad... and The Ugly Reptilians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
First, let me just say that although I've been spinning around the high strangeness arena for a while, Icke is a character I'm only vaguely familiar with.

Last night I was bored and started flipping aimlessly through Youtube. I came across some pieces from David Icke's 2012 Wembley Show.

As I often do, I started checking out his references to see if the man was at least making some informed speculations or just 'pie in the sky' accusations. Most of the research I did (very quickly mind you) checked out to some extent.

However, I find that he does a TON of speculation on a gram of truth (please chime in if you think I'm wrong).

Does anybody have any input on Icke, pro or against? I'm not looking for bashing or praising. I'm ONLY interested in cold hard data as in: he said "XYZ" and this can be corroborated with the following... or not.

In other words I'm looking for intelligent arguments made from either side. Comments such as "he is nuts" or "he is the greatest thing since sliced bread" don't really help as they don't actually SHOW one way or the other.

Especially interested in those that actually read his books and what your take on them might be.

Thank you!

edit on 20-11-2012 by firefly9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I've read most of his books (although he delves into similar content in all of them) and for an avid conspiracy theorist such as myself, they are fascinating reads, albeit you'll need to considering taking it all in with a pinch or two of salt.

Just one example of how he has been telling the truth is regarding Jimmy Saville. Icke outed him as part of a paedophile ring year's ago and look what happened there.

Some of his more radical proposals surround the moon, where he wreckons we're all been controlled from some kind of overseer department within the lunar surface, and of course he's bonkers for Reptillians.

Yes he does make a sound pound or two when it comes to earning, but unlike others such as Stephen Greer and co, in my opinion Icke isn't in this for the money. He completely put his entire reputation on the line when he first came out with his theories on UK tele which he's spent year's trying to repair.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
I've read most of his books (although he delves into similar content in all of them) and for an avid conspiracy theorist such as myself, they are fascinating reads, albeit you'll need to considering taking it all in with a pinch or two of salt.

Just one example of how he has been telling the truth is regarding Jimmy Savile. Icke outed him as part of a paedophile ring year's ago and look what happened there.

Some of his more radical proposals surround the moon, where he wreckons we're all been controlled from some kind of overseer department within the lunar surface, and of course he's bonkers for Reptillians.

Yes he does make a sound pound or two when it comes to earning, but unlike others such as Stephen Greer and co, in my opinion Icke isn't in this for the money. He completely put his entire reputation on the line when he first came out with his theories on UK tele which he's spent year's trying to repair.

Yes, I did see that he actually suffered greatly from saying what he believed in, much like Strieber did. I wonder though if this has left him bitter and disposed to see only the 'dark' instead of a more balanced approach.

Thank you though for informing me about Savile - when did he out him approximately? Was this before any rumors started flying around? Just wanting to see if he sniffed out a trail and then went with it, or if this was something he completely did on his own.

As for the Moon and Reptilian theories... Does he go into details in his books of how he came to his conclusions? Which book by Icke would you recommend as being the most thorough and well argumented? Thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Just one example of how he has been telling the truth is regarding Jimmy Saville. Icke outed him as part of a paedophile ring year's ago and look what happened there.

I can't remember Icke outing Savile, do you have a link to where he specifically mentioned him? Having said that, seeing as it now seems the world and their brother appears to have 'known' about Savile then that's hardly a testament to him personally. I've also seen he has called Edward Heath (dead of course) a Satan worshipping, child abusing murderer, but I can't recall any actual facts he might have on that one.

Icke's only reputation in the UK was as a former footballer (goalkeeper I think), then a bit of a television minor player in the news area before he donned the purple shell suit and basically pronounced himself as the 'God head' which he said was akin to the second coming. I can remember even now him being interviewed by Terry Wogan where Wogan turned to him and said "the audience isn't laughing with you, they are laughing at you". He didn't mingle with any alleged 'powers that be', he was at the very best a z list celberity.

Icke is really just another player on the fringe stage that some people will believe, or selectively believe some of his theories but ignore others.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The Force is strong with David Icke.

I've seen everything the man has put out there, and to this day can't disprove his information.

This is the only negative thing I've felt about him in the past 5 years....

David Icke's 1st Real Strike Against him
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The Force is strong with David Icke.

I've seen everything the man has put out there, and to this day can't disprove his information.

This is the only negative thing I've felt about him in the past 5 years....

David Icke's 1st Real Strike Against him
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Just off the cuff and based only on the clip I've seen, I can tell you a small glitch in his reasoning I noticed.

Here it is: He lumped in the Bill Gates (Bill & Melinda foundation) with groups that want to thin the world population through ruthless means if necessary. The problem is that Bill's foundation spent Billions (with a capital B) in fighting AIDS in Africa. If you're trying to reduce world population by any means possible then helping to fight AIDS is the last thing you want to do.

Also, Gates is promoting a pledge by billionaires to leave half their fortune to charities after their death. So far only a few billionaires signed on - Oprah I think and Buffet (I could be wrong).

Of course somebody could come in now and say that the AIDS help is really a smoke screen for implanting mind control chips... or some other such nonsense. But at the end of the day, we're talking about simple logic - if you want to diminish something you don't spend money helping it flourish. And the fact is his $$ helped save countless lives. Many people could have been dead, but thanks to him, they're alive... So either Icke's got it all wrong, or Bill Gates is one heck of an INCOMPETENT Reptilian helping people live instead of die
LOL

This was just a small example, but a telling one on where his logic falls short.

It's very hard to dismiss everything he says out of hand because some 'crazy' things he says do check out. You know, the kind of things you say to yourself "Why wasn't this BIG NEWS"... and yet it never makes it to public attention.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Icke collects information, joins his dots and presents it to an audience as he sees it.
I think he has a lot of valid points, but tends to connect almost everything in the extreme-negative,
No matter how many "witness accounts" or "Information" one collects, one always sees things subjectively.
Reptllians and moon-matrices are only his interpretations of some of his "dot-joining" and interviewing people.
The dots in themselves are interesting enough, he doesn't insist that one follows his interpretations.
He only puts on an 8 hr slideshow and talks about stuff that he's learned and written in his books.
Watch all his free videos on youtube and get all his books as a magnet file and read them on your phone.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
Icke collects information, joins his dots and presents it to an audience as he sees it.
I think he has a lot of valid points, but tends to connect almost everything in the extreme-negative,
No matter how many "witness accounts" or "Information" one collects, one always sees things subjectively.
Reptllians and moon-matrices are only his interpretations of some of his "dot-joining" and interviewing people.
The dots in themselves are interesting enough, he doesn't insist that one follows his interpretations.
He only puts on an 8 hr slideshow and talks about stuff that he's learned and written in his books.
Watch all his free videos on youtube and get all his books as a magnet file and read them on your phone.

I tend to agree with what you say... But how does he join dots to come up with the Reptilians? Is it just from Credo Mutwa? That's a heck of a dot joining

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by firefly9000

If you watch the video with Credo Mutwa, he was given that story quite explicitly, including some dodgy looking reptile alien paintings. Icke says that other people have told him stuff that backed ol' Credo up.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There isn't a living soul on this planet who I have always agreed with. That being said, Icke is a good guy and genuinely cares about his fellow humans.

Enough said.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

If you watch the video with Credo Mutwa, he was given that story quite explicitly, including some dodgy looking reptile alien paintings. Icke says that other people have told him stuff that backed ol' Credo up.

I guess what I was getting at is does David have any FIRST HAND experience or is everything hearsay?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by firefly9000

Just one example of how he has been telling the truth is regarding Jimmy Savile. Icke outed him as part of a paedophile ring year's ago and look what happened there.

Yes, I did see that he actually suffered greatly from saying what he believed in, much like Strieber did. I wonder though if this has left him bitter and disposed to see only the 'dark' instead of a more balanced approach.

Thank you though for informing me about Savile - when did he out him approximately? Was this before any rumors started flying around? Just wanting to see if he sniffed out a trail and then went with it, or if this was something he completely did on his own.

As for the Moon and Reptilian theories... Does he go into details in his books of how he came to his conclusions? Which book by Icke would you recommend as being the most thorough and well argumented? Thanks

Give 'Human Race Get Off Your Knees' a read, lots of interesting stuff in there that leaves your mind pondering millions of more questions!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I have never trusted banks or understood how they work. Icke showed me how banks can never get back all the money that is owed to them because the money they lend out never existed in the first place.
I can see clearly now how that ties in with making us all slaves, so yes thank you to Icke for helping me to understand that.
Thats the second time today I've said that I don't trust banks.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I believe in reptillians, every part of it makes sense to me. When we consider the fact that crocodiles survived from the dinosaur era, one can be forgiven in the belief that another more inteligent species has evolved oer the past 65 million years. For example the veloceraptor who it is believed used to have a "community type" leadership of sorts. (it is said they used to hunt in packs). Dinosaurs maybe throughout the galaxy.

That said, i agree with some of ickes claims and indeed he maybe correct in his assumptions, but if so that he is probably 60 years to soon. People are just not ready to talk about the "body computer" without ridicule. They are more wrapped up in eastenders and corrie.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

I believe in reptillians, every part of it makes sense to me. When we consider the fact that crocodiles survived from the dinosaur era, one can be forgiven in the belief that another more inteligent species has evolved oer the past 65 million years. For example the veloceraptor who it is believed used to have a "community type" leadership of sorts. (it is said they used to hunt in packs). Dinosaurs maybe throughout the galaxy.

That said, i agree with some of ickes claims and indeed he maybe correct in his assumptions, but if so that he is probably 60 years to soon. People are just not ready to talk about the "body computer" without ridicule. They are more wrapped up in eastenders and corrie.

my missus has 'Enders on right now!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

I can't remember Icke outing Savile, do you have a link to where he specifically mentioned him? Having said that, seeing as it now seems the world and their brother appears to have 'known' about Savile then that's hardly a testament to him personally. I've also seen he has called Edward Heath (dead of course) a Satan worshipping, child abusing murderer, but I can't recall any actual facts he might have on that one.

Icke's only reputation in the UK was as a former footballer (goalkeeper I think), then a bit of a television minor player in the news area before he donned the purple shell suit and basically pronounced himself as the 'God head' which he said was akin to the second coming. I can remember even now him being interviewed by Terry Wogan where Wogan turned to him and said "the audience isn't laughing with you, they are laughing at you". He didn't mingle with any alleged 'powers that be', he was at the very best a z list celberity.

Icke is really just another player on the fringe stage that some people will believe, or selectively believe some of his theories but ignore others.

My source.....his books!

Here's a link that may shed some light though if you must: www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Give 'Human Race Get Off Your Knees' a read, lots of interesting stuff in there that leaves your mind pondering millions of more questions!

Will do - Thank you

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

I'm not really into laughing or making fun of Icke. Even if I don't agree with some of his conclusions, I do think that the man believes what he's saying and isn't just saying what sells.

I'm just trying to get a grasp though on where he came up with his concepts. For example the Reptilian concept... There doesn't seem to be much there in terms of evidence outside of anecdotal stuff. Compare this to his other claims, like genetically engineered corn designed to change and affect the human body, which actually checks out.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
To know more about David Icke, check out what his opponents think about him:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

There's nothing wrong with checking both sides of the coin about a particular person. I find the facts pointing towards that David Icke steals material, and makes ridiculous claims with little to no actual evidence supporting it. Both of these are facts about him, not opinions.

edit on 20-11-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

My source.....his books!

Here's a link that may shed some light though if you must: www.youtube.com...

That youtube clip is from October 2012, when was it in a book? When did he say things that haven't been whispered about for decades? He has just said '97, '98, and now he is saying Royals are Satanists..... ho hum, oh and now 'Lady' Diana. Sheesh, he spoonfeeds it and you just lap it up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join