It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the next 4 years are REALLY going to look like....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Obama's Next 4 Years -- Back to the Future

President Obama's victory means it's back to the future for economic as well as social policies.

It means he now has the mandate to implement what the electorate chose him for -- a functioning government to not only fix disasters such as Hurricane Sandy, but the economy; to lead the United States of America into the future, rather than backward with Republican economic policies of the 1920s

Yes, that does mean government creates jobs, contrary to the Bain Capital ethos -- whether in Detroit, or with clean energy investments, infrastructure building, better regulations that prevent economic disasters, and lower cost student loans that enable a better educated workforce.

The future belongs to those who have recognized that the richest have been helping themselves, rather than the country. It belongs to those who see that government is for the common good, rather than the few.

I see the next 4 years will be a scaling down of American participation in the violent out breaks in the Mideast as we play less of an active role in those politics and more of a supporting role for Israel.

I see some inoperative useless military equipment NOT being purchased for the first time in a decade just because we were loyal to the defense contractor that made them.

I see even MORE homeless veterans being pulled off the streets, and given jobs and the position of respect they deserve in the communities they served.

Meanwhile US gun sales will continue to skyrocket making gun makers rich while right wingers maintain their 2nd amendment is being threatened and meanwhile more innocent people will die from gun violence than ever before in the nations history.

I see movement on immigration reform and a path to citizen ship finally created.

I see some compromise reached on Student debt.

I see Wall Street Regulations begin to work and grow the economy.

I see housing prices continue to raise and people getting back to work.

I see great improvements in the stock market and the economic outlook for the country.

I see the world's opinion of the USA grow favorable.

I see reasonable tax increases on the wealthy and a gradual lowering of our National Debt.

I see rights for Unions, workers and the people who build this country from the bottom up finally strengthened and supported.

Reproductive and personal rights of women protected.

The environment finally has a spokesperson in charge.

Gays will not be forced back into a closet.

Teachers will be supported and their demands answered, their rights protected.

I see education actually matters, kids excelling in science and math and finally able to take the jobs we typically send out to Asia because they are "better at it."

Social security and medicare will be strengthened, protections for the elderly will be enforced.

Rather than advertisements for fattening junk food I see the first lady out front pushing a healthy agenda and diet for American kids, finally doing justice by them and giving them a shot at a healthy life.

Thanks to Obamacare many parents will be able to keep their kids on their insurance and be saved the financial hardship outrageous medical bills they would have stepped in and assumed anyway.

I see men and women living longer because they have regular diagnostic testing and can take preventative measures to stop an illness before it gets out of control and ends their lives prematurely.

I see people with pre-existing conditions living longer with treatment to the delight of their families and children.

edit on 19-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I see a future where ATS posters will continue to claim you can't buy a gun (wait, you still can?) and that the first lady is responsible for children getting angry they have to eat broccoli, thus causing massive unrest.

CJ

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I see a future where ATS posters will continue to claim you can't buy a gun (wait, you still can?) and that the first lady is responsible for children getting angry they have to eat broccoli, thus causing massive unrest.

CJ

LOL Very funny Colorado Jens and very true as well!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I see the next 4 years will be a scaling down of American participation in the violent out breaks in the Mideast as we play more of a supporting role for Israel.

I see some useless military equipment NOT being purchased for the first time in a decade
I see movement on immigration reform.

I see the world's opinion of the USA grow favorable

I see reasonable tax increases on the wealthy and a gradual lowering of our National Debt.
Unions strengthened.

Reproductive and personal rights of women protected

The environment finally has a spokesperson in charge.

Gays will not be forced back into a closet.

Teachers will be supported and their demands answered, their rights protected.

I see education actually matters.

Rather than advertisements for fattening junk food I see the first lady out front pushing a healthy agenda and diet for American kids, finally doing justice by them and giving them a shot at a healthy life.

How could USA play more of a supporting role for Israel? lol It's at 110% already!
Obama is a "hawk" and will not go after the military industrial complex. (And that's bad presidenting, right there - his love for a big US army.) If you have info or a link saying otherwise I'd love to see it. Really.
And a tax increases on the wealthy ain't happening. Republicans can and will stop that.
The environment would have a spokesperson in charge if JILL STEIN was President.

And - Patriot Act Extension Signed By Obama
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I'll stop there...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Summerian

How could USA play more of a supporting role for Israel? lol It's at 110% already!
Obama is a "hawk" and will not go after the military industrial complex. (And that's bad presidenting, right there - his love for a big US army.) If you have info or a link saying otherwise I'd love to see it. Really.
And a tax increases on the wealthy ain't happening. Republicans can and will stop that.
The environment would have a spokesperson in charge if JILL STEIN was President.

And - Patriot Act Extension Signed By Obama

I'll stop there...

Put the emphasis on the word "supporting" and not on the word "more" and you will see a completely different assertion.

Although I agree Obama is a bit of a Hawk -
when people are in fear from terrorism and question National Security - THEY WANT A HAWK.

Obama has already hit defense contractors cancelling a useless aircraft that was already in production.

Surge in canceled deals offers preview of sequester damage ahead

A surge in canceled U.S. contracts as war funding winds down may be a preview of the damage ahead for government vendors under looming automatic budget cuts. The federal government terminated 13,579 contracts in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30, more than double the 5,692 it ended in fiscal 2006, according to procurement data. The value of canceled deals was $2.15 billion last year, compared with $416 million five years earlier.

TAXES ON THE RICH are happening because even many in the GOP want it. They ALL haven't been bribed or threatened with extinction by the Heritage Foundation...just a few of their major players.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion

edit on 19-11-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Yeah, I know about that - that new 'stealth' fighter was canceled (F-22 Raptor).
BUT!
A study this summer by the nonpartisan Stimson Center, a Washington think tank, estimated costs would be at least $352 billion over the coming decade to operate and modernize the current arsenal.
www.washingtonpost.com... tml

Nuclear Arsenal Set to Undergo Costliest Overhaul
www.thefiscaltimes.com...

I hope this is true.
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is weighing options for sharp new cuts to the U.S. nuclear force, including a reduction of up to 80 percent in the number of deployed weapons, The Associated Press has learned.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I see continued massive increases in public debt at all levels of government. I see continued increases in private unemployment rates. I see more homeless and "obamavilles" popping up all over the country. I see over 50% on the dole in one form or another. I see the wealthy fleeing for tax havens. I see the rise of the 28 hour work week where people need 2 part time jobs just to get by. I hope for the economic collapse and massive reset we need.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

If I lived in USA I'd want a SAM missile battery for x-mas.

And why won't Obama leave the children alone?!
What about the children?! Won’t somebody please think of the children!?!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
"obamavilles"

"Bushavilles" if you please.

Let's not let the rich of the hook just yet. Lest they might think they can do it all over again.
Thank you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv
And I see skies full of flying unicorns with rainbows shining out of their butts!

Maybe you should lay off the drugs?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I see continued massive increases in public debt at all levels of government. I see continued increases in private unemployment rates. I see more homeless and "obamavilles" popping up all over the country. I see over 50% on the dole in one form or another. I see the wealthy fleeing for tax havens. I see the rise of the 28 hour work week where people need 2 part time jobs just to get by. I hope for the economic collapse and massive reset we need.

That is not going to happen.
There will be no instance where "the people" say OK abuse me, because I am a lowly worker and you are the establishment and you have won. They will strike - and who loses? The Corporation goes under.

People ALREADY WORK 2 FULLTIME JOBS so 2 part time jobs will be giving them a break.

We WILL collapse and many operations will go out of business but it will not affect the poor.
You can't subtract nothing from nothing.

When that day comes the poor will help each other - we will go back to sustenance farming, as we always have. People will boycott poor employers and rush to the honorable and ethical.

Meanwhile the rich will begin to eat their own.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I see another four years without a budget passing the Congress.

Four MORE years of super-awesome leadership.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Happy to get the opinion of all here in the thread, those who are home and not troubled with a JOB right at the moment but I imagine there may be different responses LATER when people with jobs get out of work.
That will be exciting to see. Not that the homebodies and unemployed don't have a say here. Of course they do. Thanks for your replies.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Your highly naive and your assumptions are very much the polar opposite of what is happening and what is projected to happen.

But, sure sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I see both sides of the absurd single party/two branch system continuing to dig themselves even deeper into their group-think positive feedback loop holes where they aggressively seek out mouth foaming, parroting agenda, talking heads that will tell them exactly what they want to hear so they can polarize themselves even further into opposing groups that offset each other so that the status quo of lunacy can be maintained.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
No wonder they are mad at Obama-

He is squashing the fantasy of the haves and the have not's that want what the haves have.

I like Obama....i really do. I like your post as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerian

Still blaming Bush????

Good grief.

There are only two people to blame for the economy now.

First term 0bama or second term 0bama.

Turn the page already.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Your highly naive and your assumptions are very much the polar opposite of what is happening and what is projected to happen.

But, sure sure.

You mean what is expected to happen according to right wingers here on ATS?

Polar opposite but backed up with supporting data and platforms.

I think neo's ideas and thread are a scare tactic people use to divide people.

It is an age old ploy - You'd think you guys would catch on by now?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
. You said:

We WILL collapse and many operations will go out of business but it will not affect the poor.
You can't subtract nothing from nothing.

When that day comes the poor will help each other - we will go back to sustenance farming, as we always have. People will boycott poor employers and rush to the honorable and ethical.

Meanwhile the rich will begin to eat their own.

"Yep"
Like George Carlin said
Reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it...Rich people...Welcome to the nightmare. You are about to see who you really are....you will whine, kick, scream, be cruel to others and your own. All that time thinking you owned stuff,,,,you were the ones that were really owned. The poor wasnt owned for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join