It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please enlighten me, what is wrong with religion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Stoners believe there is nothing wrong with getting high, hate police officers for their beliefs.

Sunnis and Shiites, most atheists think both kill for religion when only one of them do but all Muslims are bad.

Templar are Protestant but Christians get bashed for the Crusades. In fact the Crusades was a war to help regain the land for the Christians from Muslims.

Moses helps the Egyptians escape Egypt (true story proved by science), but the Bible is fake.

And finally, there is no proof God exists and doesn't exist but Atheists are determined to ruin life for religious people.

So, what does all this have in common? HUMAN NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what exactly is wrong with religion? Nothing. Atheist for some reason find it in there destiny to ruin lives for others when in fact everyone has the will to kill someone. Doesn't matter if it is in the name of a religion or in the name of Atheism. Everyone has the power to do it.

So, again what is wrong with religion?
Can't be forcing beliefs on anyone because Atheists do the same.
Can't be killing anyone because everyone is capable of this.
Can't be because there is no God, there is no proof there isn't one or more than one.
Can't be because of evolution, there are still monkeys.
Can't be because of the big bang theory, no one has proved there is life on other planets.

What is wrong with having a book that reminds us to be good natured? Ten commandments and beliefs? What is wrong with all that?

There is nothing wrong with not have beliefs in this but who is more susceptible to take money out of a cash register, become a "gangster", stab someone in the back, lie, cheat, etc...

Religion encourages not to become a criminal but what is stopping an Atheist?
This is a legitimate question. Is it being good natured? We already established that everyone is capable of doing "bad things." We already established that religions have books to help keep most on a path of goodness. DON'T ANYONE DARE GENERALIZE RELIGION INTO KILLING PEOPLE. I for one haven't killed anyone in the name of God or religion but how many "gangsters" have killed in the name of their gang? I must have missed where the Cartel are religious.

Where is the Atheist's book to put them on back on a good natured path, if wondered off? Speeding, disrespectful, stealing, cheating, greedy, revenge, obesity, obsessions, hurting, bullying, being the internet tough guy....is not being good natured.

No one is forcing a religious individual to following every rule in their religious book. Hell, 60% of Mormons dont even follow there rules.

edit on 19-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Your arguments are not valid.

You criticize the atheists about making generalizations, then make all kinds of generalizations yourself about the atheists. All while using straw man arguments, and trying to push ridiculous notions as facts or science.

No sir,
Get your facts first, then twist them to fit your point of view.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Where is the Atheist's book to put them on back on a good natured path, if wondered off? Speeding, disrespectful, stealing, cheating, greedy, revenge, obesity, obsessions, hurting, bullying, being the internet tough guy....is not being good natured.

Does one need to be associated with a religion to be able to discern right from wrong?

Does considering one-self as being of a religious denomination automatically instil an ability to discern right from wrong?

When you say good natured.....Do you mean the kind of "good nature" catholic priests have been showing their alter boys?

Religion is the bane of society as it absolves scumbags from taking responsibility for their own actions.

Lie, cheat, steal, kill, rape, etc.......it does not matter when you can just go to confessional and absolve yourself.

Religion has a lot to answer for.

edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
People like you are the problem with religion. By definition a religious person is convinced that what they believe in is right and if anyone believes in something different they are wrong. Your views on atheists are poorly researched and ignorant and unfortunately that epitomizes the nature of religious people. Lucky for you one day you will go to heaven and every non-christian will go to hell irrespective of the type of life the lead.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Utopian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
Stoners believe there is nothing wrong with getting high

Umm, there isn't.

Now excuse me as I prepare to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane so that I can get a natural buzz from all the endorphins I will cause to be released, and all the while praying that the guy who I gave money to for this experience, is sane enough to have prepared my parachute properly, and that I do not plummet to my demise while engaging in thrill seeking activities.

Ahem..

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

.........See you there.

I love the line where he states that the crusades helped Christians regain their land...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It's outdated and unnecessary, it causes trouble and segregation, it wastes money and time.

I also believe through observation that it generally dumbs down the population because it teaches people to believe in something without evidence, it discourages critical thinking and logic. This carries over to other aspects of people's lives.
edit on 19-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Wow, generalizing but I stated that everyone does the same thing. Still no valid points and next learn to read

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Umm, there isn't.

Thats what I said genius. Does everyone on this have a low IQ?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Utopian
People like you are the problem with religion. By definition a religious person is convinced that what they believe in is right and if anyone believes in something different they are wrong. Your views on atheists are poorly researched and ignorant and unfortunately that epitomizes the nature of religious people. Lucky for you one day you will go to heaven and every non-christian will go to hell irrespective of the type of life the lead.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Utopian because: (no reason given)

Wow, no one is reading the post. Imagine that.
Clearly I stated both religious and Atheist are capable of doing the same stuff but you failed to read.
How can you make a point when you don't read something. This isn't middle school.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Religion is a generalization.

Their is nothing wrong with religion but certain aspect of religion which wind people up a bit such as blind faith, cover ups, hating other religions, fundamentalism, taking peoples money and taking advantage of people to name a few.

But religion does do good things as well. TBH nothing is wrong with religion if your a decent human being and are just religious for the fact it makes you happy, no one can argue you down or tell you your wrong if that is why you are religious.
edit on 19-11-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Umm, there isn't.

No, you said stoner's believe there isn't. Insulting people doesn't help your already lacking case, especially when you're wrong and insult people, because that just makes you look like the one with a low IQ.

link   

Umm, there isn't.

Let me get this straight, you compare murdering people and displacing people, to toking up?

link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Does one need to be associated with a religion to be able to discern right from wrong?

Does considering one-self as being of a religious denomination automatically instil an ability to discern right from wrong?

When you say good natured.....Do you mean the kind of "good nature" catholic priests have been showing their alter boys?

Religion is the bane of society as it absolves scumbags from taking responsibility for their own actions.

Lie, cheat, steal, kill, rape, etc.......it does not matter when you can just go to confessional and absolve yourself.

Religion has a lot to answer for.

edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

So, all religious individuals are bad because of some Catholics? So, in your logic, Atheist have no morals/values and will steal from you.

I must have miss where I raped a little boy and went to a confessional.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Where is the Atheist's book to put them on back on a good natured path

If you need bribery to be good natured, then you aren't really good natured. So a good natured Atheist is as good as you can get.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

Umm, there isn't.

Let me get this straight, you compare murdering people and displacing people, to toking up?

Nope, it is compared to human nature. A belief that they believe nothing is wrong with getting high and hate cops for trying to bust them. Hate a group because of a group. Same thing as Atheism vs religion.

You just clearly missed the point that most "wrong doings" on this planet isn't based on belief, it is based on human nature. Just like all the first few poster feeling the need to tell me I am wrong because it is human nature and instead not answering the question on how religion is wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Where is the Atheist's book to put them on back on a good natured path

If you need bribery to be good natured, then you aren't really good natured. So a good natured Atheist is as good as you can get.

Do you even know what human nature is? Apparently not and you will now google what it means.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Umm, there isn't.

No, you said stoner's believe there isn't. Insulting people doesn't help your already lacking case, especially when you're wrong and insult people, because that just makes you look like the one with a low IQ.

Okay, stoner's believe there is nothing wrong with getting high. That is what is stated in the OP.
Keep dodging the question about how religion is wrong. Only making my point valid that there isn't one reason.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Religion is a generalization.

Their is nothing wrong with religion but certain aspect of religion which wind people up a bit such as blind faith, cover ups, hating other religions, fundamentalism, taking peoples money and taking advantage of people to name a few.

But religion does do good things as well. TBH nothing is wrong with religion if your a decent human being and are just religious for the fact it makes you happy, no one can argue you down or tell you your wrong if that is why you are religious.
edit on 19-11-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

Exactly at least someone gets the point, that this argument Atheism vs religion is just human nature. There is no difference in the two besides different belief systems.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
For atheists, the problem with religion is that the books that they are based on contain ample information that has been proven empirically to be false. The intolerance of atheists is directed exclusively towards believers' blatant disregard for absolute facts.

And also it is foolish to subscribe to one religion over another because 99.99999% of the time your religion was not chosen based on devotion but on your location of birth and upbringing.

It's not atheists that are against the religious, its empirical knowledge. Atheists are just on knowledge's team.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join